It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes We (still) Can?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

Don't be disingenuous with me please. You know I despise the MSM. When did I ever bring up FOX?

I'm sorry, I don't know you despise MSM

I don't even know you -

What I am saying is this thread is full of anti Obama people, Touting FOX news recycled talking
points. FOX news is MSM, so are many of these arguments that I am countering.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
reply to post by seabag

You don't have to like the answer, but if Romney doesn't give me a really compelling reason to vote for him, I'll vote Obama again. I would have gladly voted democrat in 2004, but the party didn't put up a candidate I could get behind, so I voted Bush. It's a matter of the devil you know. And to borrow a little of the good doctor... Seuss: I can not, I will not, vote for Ron Paul. Not from a plane, or a train; neither here nor there; not anywhere!

Sometimes, that's just the way it is. Besides, the Congressional elections are of much more importance in my mind.

Don't vote for Romney, because he is a corporate raider, who made his fortune gutting
American companies. It is the exact financial model that has hurt America in recent years.
Putting all your hopes in Private Equity is not the way to repair America's woes...
Rich investors don't equate American jobs... There is a correlation, but not to the extent
Romney seems to believe.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Let's see:

Who spent 6 trillion dollars in 3 years?

I don't see how we can afford republican rule anymore.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Now I see why the other forums on the net say ats is running rampant with pure hate.

It's been said that all black people love watermelon, chicken and 'kool-aid', can I ask what does kool-aid have to do with this thread,is it because obama is black?

But then again, this is the ats, so I guess it is welcomed and nothing is wrong with this scene of subliminal racism.

What a joke this site has become!
edit on 21-5-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I made my position about the MSM clear in this very thread... You are falling for the right/left paradigm which is a product of the MSM..... wake up!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I made my position about the MSM clear in this very thread... You are falling for the right/left paradigm which is a product of the MSM..... wake up!

And you are not a part of the very same paradigm?

The right Left Paradigm existed since the founding of this nation

Hence the Federalist Papers and Anti Federlist papers

Tell me Miss, Why aren't you saying this to Neo, Or [snipped]?

Why are you focusing on me, Miss?
edit on Mon May 21 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

That expression evolved out of the tragic situation with the Jim Jones cult. It has nothing to do with any racial reference.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I don't see how we can stand more social engineering championed by the left.

www.usdebtclock.org...

Look at those purdy red numbers Bush spent 5 trillion over 2 terms Obama has spent more than Bush in 1.
edit on 21-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

'Drinking the kool aid' is a decades-old expression meaning to follow something with unyielding support.

www.urbandictionary.com...

It stems from this tragedy:

en.wikipedia.org...

It's not race-related

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I am a Ron Paul supporter. I will emphasize my position to anyone who supports a MSM candidate. I don't know who those other posters support. Have they said in this thread?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Good graph, and it shows the truth to anyone with the wit to understand it... the myth of "Republicans like small gov't" is just that... a myth. The last Republican president who actually lived by that was Nixon.

To the point of the thread: The main failure of Obama's that bothers me is that he has not been as effective as I would have liked to see in overcoming the brain-dead Republican opposition to everything he did, without exception and without any recognition of the value of it... "If Obamer's fer it, we're agin it" pretty well sums up the GOP strategy since 2009.

Obama has done well in working around this traitorous behavior on the part of the GOP, just not as well as I would have liked to see.

For example, Romney keeps whining about how the economy should be recovering faster than it is... and I agree. And the reason it is not is simply and solely due to Republican obstruction, without regard to the cost to the country. # them.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

'Drinking the kool aid' is a decades-old expression meaning to follow something with unyielding support.

www.urbandictionary.com...

It stems from this tragedy:

en.wikipedia.org...

It's not race-related

OK,thanks for the clarification,i will except that..i guess!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

www.usdebtclock.org...

Look at those purdy red numbers Bush spent 5 trillion over 2 terms Obama has spent more than Bush in 1.

How much (percentagewise) of the debt Obama has incurred was due directly to policys from the previous administration
be it unfunded "stimulus" called the bush tax cuts that the right refuses to give up
or two wars
or the medicade perscription program
or. etc.

if you put a gaping hole in a boat, then jump ship, you can't then rightfully look back and talk about how there wasn't as much water in the boat when you jumped out as to how it looked a bit afterward.

Yes, Obama -SHOULD- have told the reps to stuff it, that the bush tax cuts were over...executive order...rollback to clinton
Yes, Obama -SHOULD- have immediately ended Iraq...

These are areas where I fully agree..Obama needed more strength, yet he folded..
That, mixed with the guy before him, a what..couple months before he was walking out of office coming out and saying the economy is broke...oops...we are all screwed..well, good luck everyone.
Perfect poop storm.
I remember Rush Limbaugh said on his program before the elections were even sort of kind of over that the Obama recession was in full swing (even though it was going on for about 9 months by that point)..because they suspected a democrat would be in the white house...so the economy crashed and burned.

I call bull----. but yes, Obama should have stood up stronger to the right wing demanding we keep tossing money in the fire and keep the GWB stimulus tax cuts in place forever.

In his second term, he will...no more kowtowing to them..no more re-election to consider, no more Mr. Bipartisan to tote around...time to change things and sort this mess out once and for all (hopefully, else..blah, I just give up on politics and will move to Denmark)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I am a Ron Paul supporter. I will emphasize my position to anyone who supports a MSM candidate. I don't know who those other posters support. Have they said in this thread?

I support Ron Paul too,

I do not support Romney

I prefer Obama

of the three

edit on 21-5-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

www.usdebtclock.org...

I don't see it, Where???

Thanks

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

www.usdebtclock.org...

And I think Reagan over two terms:

$2.5 trillion total increase.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

How much (percentagewise) of the debt Obama has incurred was due directly to policys from the previous administration be it unfunded "stimulus" called the bush tax cuts that the right refuses to give up or two wars or the medicade perscription program or. etc.

I look at numbers percentages are meaningless those Bush tax cuts contrary to liberal myth helped everyone but it was spun like everything else.

Point of fact Tarp was paid back unlike the 6 trillion Obama spent the thing is no one knows where that tarp money is now.

Wars Obama expanded the wars to Pakistan,Yemen,Somalia,Libya,and Uganda Obama could careless about medicaid or medicare since he has put them up on the chopping blocks a few times already.

if you put a gaping hole in a boat, then jump ship, you can't then rightfully look back and talk about how there wasn't as much water in the boat when you jumped out as to how it looked a bit afterward.

The gaping hole in the boat is Social Security,Medicare,Medicaid and the Prescription Drug programs that were put in place long before GWB.

Yes, Obama -SHOULD- have told the reps to stuff it, that the bush tax cuts were over...executive order...rollback to clinton Yes, Obama -SHOULD- have immediately ended Iraq...

Woudla coulda shoulda doesn't matter for 2 years he and the Democrats held all 3 branches and chose to do other things.

In his second term, he will...no more kowtowing to them..no more re-election to consider, no more Mr. Bipartisan to tote around...time to change things and sort this mess out once and for all (hopefully, else..blah, I just give up on politics and will move to Denmark)

That depends on who controls the house and senate now doesn't it?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

There is the thing tho they are not counting :

The value of the dollar was more we were not borrowing as much we did not have the social welfare complex to the extent we have now and the monetary supply is no were near the 10 trilion in circulation as it is now.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

www.usdebtclock.org...

And I think Reagan over two terms:

$2.5 trillion total increase.

Yes and how small was the economy then???

If Obama's debt were deflated to 1980's , it would be 1/4 th of the Reagan Debt increase

Dawwwww

edit on 21-5-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

reply to post by xuenchen

There is the thing tho they are not counting :

The value of the dollar was more we were not borrowing as much we did not have the social welfare complex to the extent we have now and the monetary supply is no were near the 10 trilion in circulation as it is now.

Yes exactly NEO

Reagan spent far more if we take inflation into account

Glad you are finally being honest

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join