It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterans symbolically discard service medals at anti-NATO rally

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Kinda of wished they saved doing that when the time comes when the military will be used against the citizens. I think that would have been a better time. But if they did it, how many others would do it too?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

Thanks for posting this up I'd toss mine too if I ever bothered to buy them. Maybe I'll buy some just to toss them, still not sure on that.
edit on 21-5-2012 by Silverado292 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I would feel extremely cheated as well if I had to fight unjust wars for imperialistic reasons mostly based on lies.

But it is still a job and they have to oblige to everything they signed up for. And at least it is a job that is well compensated while you get to travel sometimes and see new places. The way our economy is tanking into the sewer any job is better than no job.

I am not sure I would have turned in my medals regardless of the reasons of the war. You were ordered to do something and you did it. Sure some medals come cheap and are undeserved but at least these soldiers came out alive whereas most of the taliban and alqueda got killed.

The world is complicated because we have lots of assholes in power.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Here's the full video. I watched it live on Ustream and I'm not ashamed to say I cried. It's long past time to end this horrible cycle of nation building, breeding hatred and murder. We are all human. It's not worth it to be able to buy a Big Mac in every country on Earth.

(thank-you)
edit on 21-5-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I guess I am confused.

Though it seems somewhat heroic and majestic, things like this can sometimes come back to get you.
When John Kerry pitched his medals to the wind, the price may very well have been the presidential election. He too did it for all the right reasons but I think the media turned it around on him.

Now personally, I would not pitch my medals like that. I spent 16 years in the military and although I can think of all of the good reasons to do it, I could never bring myself to do it. I guess my feelings are mixed on the subject.

In any event, Everyone should support our troops more so than our government. The troops Fight For The Cause. The troops Die For The Cause. They need whatever support they can get. They have our backs and we should have their backs.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
A soldier has medals but a warrior has a cause... A man with a cause is by far more dangerous than a man with a medal...

TPTB better wake up that a NWO isn't going to happen... A new radical change toward peace or a worldwide bloodbath can definitely happen but not a NWO... Either there's not going to be anyone left to be ruled, or there won't be anyone left to rule... And the working class outnumber by far the leading one... And now soldiers are getting into our boat...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
*APPLAUDS those vets*

NOW you're true heroes!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
It's getting increasingly hard to hide the fact that the soldiers are not "protecting freedom". They are protecting the corporations that generate profit off of war.

These men and women are putting their lives at risk so someone can get rich. It has nothing to do with protecting the citizens back home nor does it have anything to do with helping these countries.

It's about money, it's getting really hard to hide that 800 pound elephant in the room.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

You Americans have my supreme hate, you have cost Australian and other coalition soldiers their lives for an unjust war.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
Seems like it wasn't important as FOX news didnt mention it.
I don't think somebody at the top liked it.

Though I suspect they wouldn't want to show anything anti-american.
well, except for the police beating the protesters

The badly outnumbered officers fought back with truncheons, and people on both sides threw punches. As police reinforcements moved in, the pack of violent protesters fled. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Yeah right. "badly outnumbered" is a lie and the protesters didnt exactly "flee"

At one point, dozens of protesters in black clothing surged toward a much smaller group of police, throwing objects at them Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Wonder if those unidentifiable people were plants by the cops. After all it gave them a reason to push the peaceful protest out.

Funny. No mention of medal throwing protest. hmm.

so called "independent" mass media!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I don't know what to say. I think its a little stupid to throw your medal in the street to make a politcal statement. Its something that you earned and should be proud of. Something in some cases you literally risked your life to get and should hold on to it for all time. Oh well to each thier own

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

You Americans have my supreme hate, you have cost Australian and other coalition soldiers their lives for an unjust war.

I did not want war; I could not stop the war.

My government willingly sacrificed our troops as your government willingly sacrificed your troops. Your government is to blame for the loss of your troops.

You sir/ma'am have your hate placed in the wrong place. You are open arm accepting ignorance. This is a problem with a lot of people in the U.S. as well as the rest of the world.

Raist

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Previously posted on ATS here

Yes, this is follow up to the summit.

Blackmarketeer - I sent you a P2P message asking if you were going to follow up since the summit has passed, wondering how many veterans showed up, if they were applauded... things like that.

But I rarely check my inbox so I can't imagine others often do either.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Wow. That was a heartbreaking video.
Beautiful. Truly beautiful.
And they Sang hero of war! Wow that's the song I posted that reminded me of this xD. It's perfect.

"a hero of war, is that what they see? Just medals and scars, so damn proud of me."

But this was beautiful.
So many of them are coming to the same realizitaion.
I dated a sniper who was still deployed, and he was considering leaving.
He called me one night and Told me.

"remember that one mission I told you about, where I had to kill innocent people? I see their faces, every night. EVERY NIGHT. And they won't go away, they won't go away."

He also said "these people I kill, they might be the bad guy to me, but what about their family and friends? They're not the bad guy to his family and friends. He might have been a father, like me. And I took him away from his kids."

I honestly just didn't know what to say. He was almost in tears. It's a difficult situation. What do I say?

But yeah. So proud of these guys. And so many more are beginning to realize it.
edit on 22-5-2012 by novemberecho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CannibalCorpse1982
I don't know what to say. I think its a little stupid to throw your medal in the street to make a politcal statement. Its something that you earned and should be proud of. Something in some cases you literally risked your life to get and should hold on to it for all time. Oh well to each thier own

If you have served in the Military and were involved in actually taking lives away thinking all alone that you were doing it for all the right reasons, then you find out that your own government lied to you and you look back at what you've done, killing innocent people for a government who's hungry for power and oil...wouldn't you throw that away too?

I WOULD!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

I feel Iike it may have been a difficult thing to do for some of them, but many of them felt as though it was very cathartic.
All I know is that our veterans need the mental care and ALL of the benefits that they were told to get. And that they deserve.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

I did not want war; I could not stop the war.

My government willingly sacrificed our troops as your government willingly sacrificed your troops. Your government is to blame for the loss of your troops.

You sir/ma'am have your hate placed in the wrong place. You are open arm accepting ignorance. This is a problem with a lot of people in the U.S. as well as the rest of the world.

Raist

You clearly did want the war, back in 9/11 an overwhelming majority of Americans backed the invasion of Afghanistan. My government due to the ANZUS treaty was forced to back you. Our brave men have sacrificed their lives for just another lost American war. Yet instead of thanking us for our sacrifice and apologising you instead try to put the blame on US?!!?
Wow says a lot about Americans doesn't it...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

Why do you say I wanted the war? You do not know me you know nothing about many Americans. If it was so easy to stop a war you could have stopped it. I never once backed the war and it is an insult for you to say I did.

Maybe you should get to know a few Americans before you paint everyone with a broad brush. Though I guess since you do that with Americans that means all Aussies are drunks racists?

Raist

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

Why do you say I wanted the war? You do not know me you know nothing about many Americans. If it was so easy to stop a war you could have stopped it. I never once backed the war and it is an insult for you to say I did.

Maybe you should get to know a few Americans before you paint everyone with a broad brush. Though I guess since you do that with Americans that means all Aussies are drunks racists?

Raist

Haha, I told you the facts and you retort to calling me a racist? Where was I racist? Stop putting words in my mouth.
For your information, Australians don't draw the Americans into useless and costly wars every few years. In fact we have never asked for anything. Your too proud to even thank your allies for their sacrifice, instead you call us "racists"?
Says a lot about the Americans doesn't it?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Your facts were saying that I wanted the war.

That is not a fact it is an outright lie. Says a lot about Aussies.

Get your facts straight. Stop painting all with the same brush. You know what happens when you assume.

Regardless I am done with your foolishness.

Have a good day.

Raist

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join