It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran committed to ‘full annihilation of Israel,’ says top Iranian military commander

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Hey OP, do you know how many times Israel has been threatening to attack Iran?

Did you know that Israel government members come to the USA to discuss new ways to attack Iran? They are actually doing the planning.

What do you have to say about that?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by disfugured

Dear disfigured,

You're right, sources are important and propaganda has to be watched out for. Do you think the Iranian Chief of Staff didn't say those things or perhaps didn't mean them? If he didn't mean them, why do you think he said them?

It's true that some believe TPTB are pushing for a war with Iran. I'm asking if there is a third choice beside war and whatever it is we're doing now.

With respect,
Charles1952

P.s. You and others have raised the idea that Iran is behaving as it does because it feels threatened. (I suppose frightened by the possibility of a joint US-Israeli invasion, as unlikely as that sounds.) Fine, that is a brilliant thought!
Is that the third approach? Can we persuade Iran that the US is not interested in attacking it? Certainly Iran and the other states of the region could hold off an attack that Israel mounted by itself.

If Iran at least gave up the threatening noises would we have a small opening for talks? Of course, if Iran really just wants to blow up Jews, talks won't work, but it's different from where we are now.
edit on 21-5-2012 by charles1952 because: Add additional response

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

If Iran is a threat to the "region" now, it's similar to how Japan was a threat to the US prior to Pearl Harbor. I don't quite take a "do nothing" approach, however I realize that our reach and control over the world as a police nation can only go so far, for so long. Our policy should be wiping our hands clean of Israel, I feel like we have done more than enough for them over the past half century.

What has Israel done for us? Seriously. They may be our ally but at what cost?

Originally posted by disfugured
Have any of you learned from the last couple wars?

It's funny you ask this. You could say I have. Many forget very quickly, though.

On Feb 5 2003 the following diagram was presented by Colin Powell to the UN in order to demonstrate how mobile chemical weapons labs could be employed.

Fast forward to today:

This rendering, said to come from inside Iran's Parchin military site and obtained from an official of a country tracking Iran's nuclear activities, shows a chamber of the type needed for nuclear arms-related tests.

Same warmongering. Different nation. Nothing changes.

Fool me once...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Dear THE_PROFESSIONAL,

Nope, and I don't think anybody does. Israel and Iran threaten each other. Iran's threats, at least that I've heard, are of a different type and frighten me more as they have a religious component that makes them nearly irrational. Israel's seem more to be self-preservation, ready to fight against all comers.

Did you know that Israel government members come to the USA to discuss new ways to attack Iran? They are actually doing the planning.
What do you have to say about that?
Not much. I would assume that every nation's military prepares plans to attack every other nation. I'd bet a nickel that the US has contingency plans for invading Canada "just in case." I don't see anything particularly devilish in that. I assume that Iran discusses its attack plans with other nations too.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Dear Sek82,

You're right, that's another policy path we could take. I'd forgotten about it, thanks for bringing it up. What do you think the result would be, thinking reasonably long term, say 5-10 years, if there was no American influence in the region? Would there be a Mid-East war? I think there would be. Would Israel still exist 10 years from now? I don't know, I suspect not.

Where I'm really fuzzy is what would Islam look like with complete dominance of the Middle East, large portions of Africa and Asia, and making strong inroads into Europe? At this point I think I would get nervous about their "rule the world" aspirations. At that point we might have to reconsider our "hands off" approach if we don't want North America to become Islamic. (And I know I don't. I like a cigar and good Scotch from time to time.)

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Born2BWildReloaded

you make a good point, Hitler and the ayatollah are mental in their beliefs, but that is their right. We cannot go around destroying nations because of 1 mans beliefs. We can only go after them if they are a threat. After all its not his belief alone, his people follow it, his people following it multiply into a majority in the region supporting him and finally evolve into one of the largest religions around the world all singing the same tune.

So you need to ask yourself, are we a nation of god loving, corporate ruled, greedy monopolistic people who are hitting Iran because they are threatening us? or are we hitting them because of the regional advantages being controlled by opposing beliefs that don’t sing our corporate tune?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Well, if it turns out, Israel did the 9-11 gig (as it looks more and more), then Iran might not be alone in that club.

However, I do not believe Israel would be ever hit with nukes, due to Palestinian presence. I firmly believe united Palestine in one day, and in that sense the zionistic Israel "disappearing". But not due to external violence.

We just need to remember, the shiite Iran, is surrounded by sunnies, and this rhetorics is just a way for them to gain points in the overall mid-east political score list.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by deckdel

Oh, I like this CNN video ... www.youtube.com...#!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by deckdel

Dear deckdel,

What an interesting idea! That Iran is going through all of this just to show that it can yell louder at Israel than anyone else in the area, proving they are top dog (sorry about that).

A couple of questions though. Why have their Chief of Staff deliver the message instead of Ahmadinejad again? And if they are trying to prove how tough they are, who are they competing against? What other nation is shouting for the Israel's death as loudly as Iran? It sounds like they've won the competition, can't they stop now?

Will there come a time when Iran needs to take some action to show how tough they are, or will words be sufficient forever?

How sure are we that Iran wouldn't send a bunch of Palestinians to Allah's heaven if it meant the elimination of Israel?

Thanks for your comments, they're valuable, but I'm not completely reassured yet.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I wouldn't believe anything any news source claims some leader in Iran has said. The only way you can believe something that some Iran leader has said is if there is a video of him saying it in English, if you speak the same language and you saw video of them saying this or u have a trusted friend who speaks their language that will translate what they said in the video.
Do not believe anything you hear on our news about Iran being a threat to anybody.

OP you really seem all bent out of shape worrying about Iran attacking Israel or the US. You are wasting your time if you think they are a threat now or will be in the future. The only REAL threat is the US or Israel attacking them for 1 reason only. That would be for a regime change so they can prop up a puppet leadership in Iran that will be friendly to tbe US and Britain and hand over all the oil for little or nothing.

Have you ever heard of Operation Ajax?

I would seriously not worry about Iran attacking the US. As for Israel, if they attack Iran, the fight should be left between the 2 of them and nobody else.

I honestly think the leaders of Iran should have claimed to have made nukes along time ago. Maybe Russia should give them a cpl just so the US and Israel can stop messing with them and give them a little respect. I'm way more concerned with Israel and MY OWN COUNTRY with nukes because the US is the ONLY country to use a weapon like that on a population of ppl. Hell, the US is STILL using nuclear weapons today! Just ask the people in Fallujah or Samolia or Afghanistan and they will tell you all about the depleted uranium.

IRAN IS NOT A THREAT! They WILL NOT attack any country for no reason. What would they have to gain? Rule the world? They are NOT interested in rulling the world. That's always been the white mans fantasy so don't get that wrong.

Just quit worrying about it. If they did, actually attack the US, you know the US would immediately put a crater in the earth right where Iran is at right now. This would happen in a matter of days b4 they could really do anything and they know it.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Thing is deeper than that. Iran is surrounded by Sunni-muslims, who really want to get rid of Iran. This is Iran's biggest worry and threat. Remember, Al-Qaeda & club is very much against Iran. Saudis are against Iran. The Gulf region is against Iran. And naturally, Israel is against Iran too.

But Arab nations are not that toe-to-toe with Israel - that is the only commonality Iran can utilize in order to get lower on "Fortune 500 most hated nations" -list. And the way to score on positive opinions in this sick world of "who hates who more" - the way to go is to unite under hating Israel more than anyone else.

That is my point.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by deckdel

The whole Israel - Iran stand-up comedy stinks, and USA should stay clear of it. Why? Because, USA should again become a state which really can administer itself by its own citizens, and not by 3rd parties.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

The Israeli's arrested in this van full of explosives and a logotype or picture in the van of plane hitting WTC - at the same day as the planes did hit WTC - were 2 months later released by this man:
Michael Chertoff, head of Homeland Security at the time - and who is dual citizen of Israel and USA.

Now, put this into the context of Iran issue, and you realize the whole thing stinks.

I would therefor say, lets not roll. But first check, what's really going on, clean our own house, and then start to see objectively how the world looks like. There is so much smoke screen right now, it is not possible to make a sane judgement - so - lets wait for that picture to come clearer.
edit on 21-5-2012 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

There's a huge difference between threatening to attack Iran in order to null their nuclear capabilities, and threatening to fully annihilate a country. I wouldn't put it past you to ignore that, tho.

And I suppose that the presence of Iranian scientists and officials during the NK nuclear test was nothing but a gesture of good hospitality?
How come you're so sure there are no Iranian plans to attack Israel anyway? Just because it didn't say so in the latest RT articles? Lol.

Typical ATS Logic.
edit on 21-5-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Iran can do jack about Israel.Israel has one of the best civil defence networks to deal with nuclear and biological attacks.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by Sek82

Dear Sek82,

You're right, that's another policy path we could take. I'd forgotten about it, thanks for bringing it up. What do you think the result would be, thinking reasonably long term, say 5-10 years, if there was no American influence in the region?

I couldn't possibly look ahead and answer that with any sort of credence. Looking back at the past decade of our involvement in the middle east and our failures in Iraq and Afghanistan I'd say we need a new hobby, though.

Israel is an experiment created by the great experiment. If we let nature take it's course, so to speak, Israel would not last long. Trying to justify Israel's choice in location to exist is like saying a forest belongs in the desert because a tree once grew there. You're going to have a hell of a time keeping that forest watered, and in the end it just wasn't meant to be. Weird analogy, I know.

Originally posted by charles1952
Where I'm really fuzzy is what would Islam look like with complete dominance of the Middle East, large portions of Africa and Asia, and making strong inroads into Europe? At this point I think I would get nervous about their "rule the world" aspirations. At that point we might have to reconsider our "hands off" approach if we don't want North America to become Islamic. (And I know I don't. I like a cigar and good Scotch from time to time.)

You might not like the idea of Islam in our nation, but the 1st Amendment of our Constitution has a different view on the matter.

As for me? I may differ from many others. I've come to know I have no reason to fear a religion, whether it be Islam, Christianity or any other. It is when we start fearing other religions that we start trying to come up with good reasons to destroy them first, before they come get us.

And so here we are.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Yeah, but in this particular issue Iran isn’t a problem. They aren’t invading anyone or murdering mass amounts of people. All they are doing is thumbing their nose to the US and Israel, this is not a crime worth being military hit for.

Iran is a state sponsor of international terrorism. They are killing people, and attempting to kill people, all over the planet. They are in proxy wars in Syria and with Lebanon. They sponsor Hamas terrorists who kill and attempt to kill Israeli civilians. They have their fingerprints on terrorist attacks in AFrica as well. They are in league with N. Korea and China and Venezuela and their interference in other countries. They back anti-freedom guerrilla warfare in South and Central America. They are engaged in a cyber war against the USA from out of Central America. They sponsor illegal drug cartels in Mexico crossing into the USA. There have been threads here and news stories showing these things.

No one can possibly say that Iran isn't an international problem or that they are just minding their own business. That simply is not true.

edit on 5/21/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

At this point, I am more freaked out of Isreali presence in US government, either through dual-nationals, through corporate ownership, including defense items, or through other political involvement - than I am afraid of Iran doing the same.

We really need a new McArthy here, who can throw out these elements.

The real silenced fact about 9-11 was not only that it was an inside job, but that, the inside of that inside for that job was Israel. The whole investigative path, the fact that the Mossad field team was filming the **first** attack, in a wan with explosives ... that should've triggered some critical thinking - but the whole investigation was closed down! These guys were released! The guys having a van with the sign of WTC attack and packed up with explosives, filming first attack (hence knowing it coming) - and who were cheering so much of it, it triggered neighborhood to react to call cops! And they were released, and the case closed down. By whom?
Released by the head of national security - who was a **dual** citizen (Israel-US).

How on Earth can a dual citizen hold any high security clearance job in the first place??? What's going on here?

But when you start thinking, then you understand, why we are bending knee deep for Iran issue. There is no USA anymore, simple as that. There is just a process of lulling the masses to serve the true master.

When you truly can see and understand this, you really cannot take and eat the # what's fed on public concerning Iran and the "issue" (which is not there).

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
Iran can do jack about Israel.Israel has one of the best civil defence networks to deal with nuclear and biological attacks.

It doesn't matter what Iran could or couldn't do. The point is that people around here seem to think Iran is completely innocent in their intentions of acquiring nuclear capabilities, and when presented proof of their intentions they discard it by saying "Nah, these are just words".

Like that guy who wrote he used to threaten to kill his sister yet didn't do it, he got starred like mad for his idiotic response in which he proved he don't understand the significance between spewing "I'll kill ya!" to your little sister and between a top general of an almost nuclear country saying he's devoted to a full annihilation of another country.

ATS' community of new age hippies or whatever (I really don't even know anymore how to classify them) likes to discredit everything that puts Iran or any Muslim nation in a bad light, even when it's stone cold proof, while at the same time compiling the most idiotic and illogical conspiracy theories at the glimpse of any story that has the word 'Israel' in it.

That's what I meant by ATS logic.

Edit- For a prime example of my last point, check the reply above mine for the sheer idiocy of conspiracy theorists.
That's nothing more than the further use of their infamous tactic of driving ANY anti-Iran thread into an offtopic drivel composed of junky youtube videos. I mean, it'll be the same if I were to post offtopic Holocaust stuff at every anti-Israel thread.
edit on 21-5-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Iran is a state sponsor of international terrorism. They are killing people, and attempting to kill people, all over the planet. They are in proxy wars in Syria and with Lebanon. They sponsor Hamas terrorists who kill and attempt to kill Israeli civilians. They have their fingerprints on terrorist attacks in AFrica as well. They are in league with N. Korea and China and Venezuela and their interference in other countries. They back anti-freedom guerrilla warfare in South and Central America. They are engaged in a cyber war against the USA from out of Central America. They sponsor illegal drug cartels in Mexico crossing into the USA. There have been threads here and news stories showing these things.

No one can possibly say that Iran isn't an international problem or that they are just minding their own business. That simply is not true.

edit on 5/21/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

What a load of BS. Israel is right now, running triad and assassinations in Iran, and provenly have run hit teams in the Emirates and region. Now that of course is not on your list. The cyber war of course does not inlcude the mossad-created ERP viruses, the real true cyber war, and not just proxing internet. Or that Israeli/mossad team was arrested in Mexico for preparing explosives against parliament members (www2.eluniversal.com.mx...)... All that does not count?

Who are you fooling here with your BS rhetorics?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Iran is far more innocent compared to Israel.Put that into your head zhidkov.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join