Iran committed to ‘full annihilation of Israel,’ says top Iranian military commander

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+3 more 
posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Dear ATS'ers,

Iran Chief of Staff speech OK, here we go again. Another "annihilation" speech, this one from Iran's top military leader, Major General Hassan Firouzabadi. The remarks were reported by Fars, the news group for the Revolutionary Guard.

“The Iranian nation is standing for its cause and that is the full annihilation of Israel,” Maj. Gen. Hassan Firouzabadi said in a speech to a defense gathering Sunday in Tehran.
You know, I'm beginning to think they're serious. I don't think claiming that this is a mistranslation is reasonable. I would expect that the uproar the last time that word was used would sensitize everybody this time around.

While many within the Islamic regime, including President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, have often stated that Israel should be annihilated, until Sunday no one in the nation’s leadership has announced Iran’s determined intention to carry it out.
Does that mean that now they think they can do it?

In a recent statement, Grand Ayatollah Jafar Sobhani, a religious authority and a top Iranian “Twelver Shia” — one who believes in the 12th Imam — addressed the future world described in the Quran. “The Quran is the proof that the world will be controlled and managed by the forces of truth and that there will be one government ruling everyone throughout the world,” he explainedThe Quran promises — twice — the worldwide rule of Islam and its victory over all other religions, Sobhani said, and this will only happen when the last descendant of Muhammad, Imam Mahdi, returns and takes the rule of Islam across the world..
I've always wondered what the religion of the NWO would be, here we have a nominee for that position.

The Fars News Agency quoted earlier statements by Khamenei that Iran was directly involved with helping Hezbollah and Hamas during Lebanon’s 33-day war in 2006 and the 22-day Gaza war of 2008-09, which he proclaimed were stinging defeats for Israel.

So, why am I posting this? A couple of reasons. I've come to believe that Iran is a real threat to peace and to Israel. I think it is also a threat to Muslims who are less conservative in their understanding of Islam. I also think Iran threatens the entire world with the belief that they are to conquer and rule the planet. If this is reality, we have to face it, not hide from it.

I'm also posting because I'd like an idea or two. There is no reason to believe that our current policy towards Iran (whatever it is) is working. Military action is always possible, but what is another way? Foment internal revolution? Persuade a neighbor to invade Iran? What's reasonable? Waiting around doesn't seem to be.

I can't force any of you to post in any particular manner, but as always, I prefer clear, reasonable statements.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
This to me is as real a threat as 2012 aliens and whatever doomsday scenario ATS can dream up.

I say F em. Let's fix our country and our lives. The world will be there after like always. Policy briefs, our intelligence services, and a whole host of officials say Iran is about as much a threat as a rouge Madagascar.

Really. come on. Let's all focus on the real threat. International banking. I could see them being threat #1 over any foreign military.

+9 more 
posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Chamberlain wrote Germany off, while Churchill was warning of the dangers.
Ahmadinejad is the Hitler of our time. Iran is only going to grow more powerful
and dangerous. Their demands are only going to increase. Iran is not looking
to get along with everyone else. The radical muslims are only going in grow
in Iran as their media displays 24/7anti-American and anti-Jewish propaganda.

If you do not take care of a problem when it
is small that problem only gets bigger and bigger.
For the people of the opinion Iran should be allowed a
nuclear bomb, would you give a loaded gun to a 2 year old
to play with? Never.
The comparison of Naize Germany and radical Islamic Iran
are astounding. Ignoring the past is bound to repeating it.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Hey, Charles! S&F

Last year I pointed out Iran's desire to kill Jews in this thread. 

The more these hardliners are heard the more people will stop denying the obvious. Iranian defenders are looking dumber with every public statement out of Iran. Israel is 100% justified in removing the threat posed by Iran and I wish them success in their efforts.

I think history will show that Israel was justified in taking out Iran's capability to wage nuclear war.

edit on 21-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Just look at it clinicly.They are pest controllers,it's nothing personal.

+10 more 
posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I told my sister I was gonna kill her a couple times but never did.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I believe that they take 'the word of Allah' as if it wasn't written by a flawed mankind. Religious beliefs in essence can be positive in premise but when words like annihilation are spoken as if it is a reasonable and sane course of action then you have to realize the detrimental effect religion has had on their view of the world. I see they are digging their own graves and it saddens me to think of the path that is narrowing and the lives that will be taken when that path draws to a point.

The window is still open for other courses of action to be taken however I do not see Irans willingness to cooperate or stance on any of it's programs changing. I do believe there will be one inevitable conclusion and the sooner Israel launches a first strike, the less likely Iran will have the ability to retaliate with a weapon of mass destruction.

I do not view this as a False Flag event or phony threat, and the longer it's drawn out, the closer the possibility is of this situation becoming disastrous. Whatever happens needs to happen soon or I think there will be some dark days ahead.
edit on 21-5-2012 by Born2BWildReloaded because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Help me out here guys - I watched this youtube clip and saw this photo a few days back. Something is not quite right with what the MSM are telling us about this whole Iran/Israel/US issue.

Zionism v's Judaism seems rife over there.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-5-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

If you do not take care of a problem when it is small that problem only gets bigger and bigger.

Yeah, but in this particular issue Iran isn’t a problem. They aren’t invading anyone or murdering mass amounts of people. All they are doing is thumbing their nose to the US and Israel, this is not a crime worth being military hit for.

to play with? Never.

Your right, I wouldn’t. But, Iran is not a 2yr old child, they are one of the oldest civilizations on the planet, they are yet to invade or attack anyone. They have a multi cultural population, they have health systems, education systems, religious groups. They are older, wiser than the WEST.
Secondly, if they have enough intelligence and belief to be able to BUILD a weapon, I believe it is their right. With great power comes great responsibility and after the WESTS illegal campaign in Iraq we have NO right whatsoever to preach anything about right or wrong.

The comparison of Nazi Germany and radical Islamic Iran are astounding. Ignoring the past is bound to repeating it.

How? Show me how Nazi Germany of the 1930's and Modern day Iran are singing the same tune.
edit on 21-5-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
So

1. Iran does not recognise Israels right to Exist.
2. Orthodox Jews, it seems, did not want the establishment of a Jewish state - and still do not as it is against the Torah.
3. Zionists (a rather strange animal) created Israel to gather back all Gods chosen ones.
4. Not all Jews are Zionists.
5. Not all Zionists are Jews.

I have a headache trying to get my head around this vicious circle

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
When will these idiotic threads stop? Just like all the other complete BS threads about "Entire Planet will Explode on (just fill in the date). All of humankind to become extinct by..."

Can't we see somebody is trying to make a chicken ship outta us? The truth of the matter is Iran is the latest country telling the Kahzarian Satanist Cabal to take their worthless Greenbacks and shove them up their no good touchas. That and the Iranian physicist who has offered to share plans for plasma energy devices.

Give it a friggin break, will ya?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

If you do not take care of a problem when it is small that problem only gets bigger and bigger.

Yeah, but in this particular issue Iran isn’t a problem. They aren’t invading anyone or murdering mass amounts of people. All they are doing is thumbing their nose to the US and Israel, this is not a crime worth being military hit for.

to play with? Never.

Your right, I wouldn’t. But, Iran is not a 2yr old child, they are one of the oldest civilizations on the planet, they are yet to invade or attack anyone. They have a multi cultural population, they have health systems, education systems, religious groups. They are older, wiser than the WEST.
Secondly, if they have enough intelligence and belief to be able to BUILD a weapon, I believe it is their right. With great power comes great responsibility and after the WESTS illegal campaign in Iraq we have NO right whatsoever to preach anything about right or wrong.

The comparison of Nazi Germany and radical Islamic Iran are astounding. Ignoring the past is bound to repeating it.

How? Show me how Nazi Germany of the 1930's and Modern day Iran are singing the same tune.
edit on 21-5-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

You are right there are no similarities as the situation is completely different and based on a longstanding rivalry between these two religious states. The only similarities I see are Irans and Germany's leaders were/are both completely immoral, biased, and mental in their pursuits of whatever it is they are/were pursuing. Both determined. Both lunatics. Both need(ed) to be taken out of power because of the danger they pose to their own states and everyone else around them.
edit on 21-5-2012 by Born2BWildReloaded because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Gentlemen, thank you very much for your replies, they are reasonable and civil. Frankly, they are of much higher quality than I expected to see. (I'll throw out stars to everybody as soon as I'm done with this.)

For those of you who don't think Iran is a threat to anybody, is it because you think they don't have, or won't have at any time in the near future, the capacity to inflict serious damage in the region? Are they trying to get that capability? If so, isn't it just a matter of time (and not very much time) before they have that capability?

And when Iran has the capability, why wouldn't they use it? Are they afraid to die? I thought death for Allah was about as good as it gets. Do they not believe their own religion?

Are they just joking when they say they want to destroy Israel? What's the purpose of a joke like that?

I wouldn't think they would be afraid of the US, certainly not under this President.

This all leads up to asking "Why shouldn't we see Iran as a threat?"

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I just don't see why we are concerned about this "sabre rattling". These are just words, you know actions speak louder. We got a lot more to worry about here in our country, and on our own continent. I won't even entertain talk of the "importance of acting preemptively", I know some like to take this route. It fails.

After all of Israel's pressing of action against Iran based on everything but fact, and the crippling sanctions placed against them - Why act surprised when Iran responds with strong words?

It's not our fault Israel cannot figure out how to exist without causing trouble.

Let me know when Iran actually does something, and I'll let you know the receiving end had it comin'.

Edit to add: By the way although I'm not as convinced Iran is a threat as you may be, I thought it was a great post and I'll admit those are a lot of strong words on their part. If they really are a threat, it's because they've been backed into a corner.
edit on 21-5-2012 by Sek82 because: eta

+3 more 
posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Are you serious!?

I see it the other way around. I see the USA as Nazi Germany and Israel as Fascist Italy.

hmmm

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

Dear zarp3333,

Thanks for holding my feet to the fire.

I certainly wasn't trying to post an end-of-the-world thread. If I had to summarize it in a couple of words I would say "Iran is really a threat which we are not currently meeting effectively, what do we do now?"

The truth of the matter is Iran is the latest country telling the Kahzarian Satanist Cabal to take their worthless Greenbacks and shove them up their no good touchas.
If Iran was simply telling Israel, "Leave us alone, we don't want to have anything to do with you," then there would be no problem as far as I can see. I suspect Israel would be glad to leave that Iran alone.

But I'm not sure that your advice to not talk about Iran is advice that I can take, sorry.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Ron Paul predicted an invasion of Iran quite a few years back. Mentioned TPTB are planning a war on Iran. Claimed the CIA is over there in full force stirring up a hornets nest as it usually does before an invasion.

Enough warmongering in the name of the snake tongue banksters who own the media. What you see and read from the corporate MSM is all twisted info and distorted in a propagated form for the sheeple to eat it up. It amazes me how often it still works with many of the masses.

Have any of you learned from the last couple wars?

So unreal!
edit on 21-5-2012 by disfugured because: grammer
edit on 21-5-2012 by disfugured because: grammer

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Dear Sek82,

I'm not sure that it is just sabre-rattling. As I quoted in the OP

The Fars News Agency quoted earlier statements by Khamenei that Iran was directly involved with helping Hezbollah and Hamas during Lebanon’s 33-day war in 2006 and the 22-day Gaza war of 2008-09, which he proclaimed were stinging defeats for Israel.
So Iran has already taken actual steps to battle Israel. The question of who hit who first really doesn't matter much anymore, the questions I'm posing are: "Is Iran now or in the near future a threat to the region?" And "What should our policy be to defuse this threat?"

If I understand you, your position is that we should wait until Iran launches an attack before we do anything and even then we should ignore it. Am I right?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

so..

The US and many European countries support/arm and help Israel.

Its the same thing. Only difference is; the hezbollah and other groups are not funded as well or backed by super powers. They see the west as the terrorists and feel they are fighting evil. Depends on which Western perspective you view from; many people here view them as the Terrorists.

"One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter".

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

here is answer for Your question my friend:
...the only threat to the region is Israel(mossad) and USA(cia), now, before and in the near future to!

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join