It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone noticing increased helicopter activity in your area?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Absolutely yes.

I live in the UK and I work outside in a 15 mile radius.

I can guarantee, several helicopters fly overhead a day, and they always seem to fly close if not directly over my location. .wherever I may be.

I was out with my family in the country a month ago, and a helicopter circled overhead a couple of times before leaving.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
There was some heli activity a few months ago. of course it was mainly used for when the power lines were being set up.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Due to the many military bases back home here, ospreys and jets seem to be a nightly thing. What's even weirder is the jets will start flying exactly at 3 am in the morning, and the Ospreys will also be flying during the evening time, but not like the jets at 3 am. There was a strange helicopter that kept encircling one afternoon a few days ago. It almost seemed like he was trying to get close enough and low enough to look into my home. I live in a high rise, but these guys were flying much to low to be considered normal. Granted, once in awhile if a convict escapes from prison, yes, you'll have the copters out there, but at least you know their police copters.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Here too, but the most of times was rescue helicopters.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Months ago I saw a weird helicopter doing something that I'd never seen before. Back in the 1980s, our area was discovered to be a hotspot for Radon and we saw helicopters flying around dangling a black drum that was taking readings of radioactivity.
This was kind of like that, although the helicopter was hovering in place along a highway and had a long tube it had lowered. It was just above treetop level and the tube was down among the trees. It was not a great distance away from a landfill nearby, probably only a mile or two. Was it taking gas readings, possibly? Wouldn't it be way easier to just have somebody drive in and take readings from the ground?
Edit. I checked our local newspaper online( Reading Eagle) and saw pictures of what I saw. It was trimming trees with a circular saw. Mystery solved.
edit on 15-4-2014 by Dutchowl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I have noticed on multiple occasions lately blackhawk helicopters and military style aircraft flying in my immediate area. I have been in hudson FL for 7 years now and in the last 3 months i have seen more than I have in the 7 years i have been here!
edit on 16-4-2014 by ManchesterDale because: Accident

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I just had a friend that lives in Canada have ten helicopters fly over. I will include a picture. I myself live in port Angeles washington and also have been noticing a jump up in helicopter activity. There is a red (coast gaurd ) that flyies over and around all the time but what has really sparked my attention is the black ones that flies around high in the sky during the day and low at night what the heck are they doing? Oh kind of of subject but also at night around here there are drones that get pretty close at night about 200 feet away and 50 to 75 feet high. And not to mention all the military jet traffic. Also I don't know how to add pics so when I figure it out I will post it of the helicopters going over all at once
edit on 6-8-2014 by rhino01 because: forgot a few things that needed to be added

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
My family and I have been noticing unusually high military air traffic in and around the Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport (Formerly Jeffco Airport) in Broomfield, Colorado recently. We've been observing F-16 fighter aircraft and Apache helicopters as well as Chinook troop & cargo transports flying in and out. In the last 4 years, the airport has gotten a MASSIVE facelift! New $27 Million Air Traffic Control Tower, new perimeter fencing with "Go Away" signs literally every 15 feet and runway expansion projects. Something seems fishy if you ask me! a reply to: doctornamtab

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: djslyd

It's a reliever airport for Denver and other airports in the area. It has to be able to handle the traffic if one of those airports has to divert flights to there.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Are there no secret societies here aT ats? I want to join...

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
My family and I witnessed a drone (yes, I know what a drone looks like) leaving the area of Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport today. Something seems pretty fishy!!!! a reply to: djslyd

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Witnessed a cleaned up version of a military C-130 taking off from Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport this afternoon. This is the largest aircraft I've seen at the airport in recent memory. We get forest fire air tankers from time to time and OLD military aircraft, but nothing like this! White over blue with what looked like a blue maple leaf on the tail.

***UPDATE***
Channel 4 News here in Denver just had a story talking about the drone my son and I saw yesterday. There is an entire Battalion dedicated to surveillance drones out at Buckley Air Force Base. Our tax dollars at work!!! a reply to: djslyd

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
So explain away the military presence in the area! a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Because there's a military presence around Colorado Springs, and the surrounding area. They fly into airports all the time for various reasons.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

That's not military from that description. There are a number of civilian operators of C-130s, as the L-100. Even Delta Airlines operated them in the 1970s.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
There's no military.. Just a bunch of normal idiots... seeing you..

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
If you're near a major city and it is going in big circles I'd suspect it's probably a news or weather chopper. I suppose it could be something shady or some kind of drone or something but the simplest answer is probably usually the right one.

I don't think TPTB are that interested in us and even if they are, they can learn more simply by spying on our internet activity than they could buzzing over our heads in helicopters.

(post by djslyd removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Let's look at this objectively, shall we? No large aircraft fly in and out of this particular airport. Exception ... antiquated aircraft for annual airshow and OLD fire tankers during forest fire season. Airport sees primarily privately owned prop and jet aircraft. Several private and news helicopters are based here. NONE of these aircraft could be confused with the new military aircraft currently on active duty in the United States. C-130 lands, presumably unloads and then takes off. Dramatic increase of military air traffic in and out of this airport in recent months. It's not a giant leap to think that something may be happening at this airport that could be considered suspicious. I say suspicious because EVERYTHING that the current administration does is suspicious and seems to get worse each day!!! reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Chinook landed at Podunk ... Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport (Broomfield, Colorado) today just before Noon. Took off and left the area at 3pm. What were they unloading? Yeah ... nothing suspicious going on there.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join