Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Anyone noticing increased helicopter activity in your area?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
edit on 15-9-2012 by chopperswolf because: too much info,5th amendment

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

No problem. Thanks.

For those in the UK the Ministry of Defence post details of exercises. Some of these involve helicopter activity.

EXERCISE TIGERS REVENGE- 7 - 14 SEPTEMBER 12 There will be up to 6 Lynx helicopters participating daily from 0830-1930 local.The exercise will be operating from RAF Leeming.There will be activity over the weekend 8-9 September 12.

LARGE SCALE EXERCISE - 16 SEPTEMBER - 5 OCTOBER 12 This exercise will take place in various locations across the UK. There will be fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft participating on a daily basis.

EXERCISE CQWI/JOINT WARRIOR - 1 - 11 OCTOBER 12 Details to follow.

EXERCISE PASHTUN SABRE - 23 OCTOBER - 2 NOVEMBER 12 Details to follow.

Low Flying Exercises and Events

edit on 16-9-2012 by tommyjo because: Link added

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Someone pointed me to this thread after I posted on another thread.

Here is what I posted there:

Two weeks ago, some type of chinook helicopter went over my house headed south-west (I live in the northwest corner of Missouri). Good lord are those things loud! My dogs were outside and they didn't even bark, they all sat down and stared. It sounded like the thing was sitting on our house. It was flying really low. Then last week, two flew over the house two days in a row. Same height and same exact path. Loud as heck. I thought it was kind of weird, seeing as I have never seen/heard one of these in my life and suddenly three fly over my house in two weeks. I've lived in this house for three years and in the area my whole life.

I noticed a lot of chinook sightings in here. I haven't heard/seen any this week, but if I do, I will try and grab a camera.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

I have been hearing alot more air traffic than normal lately too,specifically helicopters. I am usually unable to see them lately, unless it is lifeflight or the small planes. I am glad you mentioned not seeing it, because that has been bugging me more than the increase in traffic, I think. I live near a small airport as well as a popular float plane lake, but they are usually coming in for a landing or taking off, so I can see them unless the weather is just horrible and horrible weather also grounds the small personal aircraft though for the most part. This is the third thread today that I have opened that is bringing up the sudden increase in strange activity that alot of people around the world are experiencing. As for the OP, yes I obviously agree, and no, I am nowhere near Colorado.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I can never answer these questions because if there wasn't helicopter activity in my area, I would be concerned.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I live in a suburb of buffalo new york, and there's a helicopter circling every single day. Not kidding. I am going to film it for you guys. It's low, too. Like, if there was a four-story building nearby, it would crash. I would be able to read the letters if there were any. The helicopter circles for a while, then comes back an hour or 2 later. Comes from the south, turns west, circles back.

There are some low-flying helicopters at night. Possibly unrelated, last night I saw the lowest flying 747 plane that I've ever seen. It was so low to the ground that it startled my beagle, who was sniffing for mice. She hid behind me. It flew over us, and once it was over the building next to us we had to cross the street to see it. it was tilted 90 degrees. Saw plane. Crossed street. 90 degrees. I thought it was crashing. The front light startled me when I saw it initially. Weirdest bit - it was very quiet for a large plane. They never fly that low here. I could barely hear it.

And finally, sometimes [often] I can hear helicopters flying low, but I never see them. Even on clear days.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Anyone noticing increased helicopter activity in your area?

Sure have, and we aren't used to it in my area as we're nowhere near an RAF base or anything.

Avbove are three of our recent visitors.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
Someone pointed me to this thread after I posted on another thread.

Here is what I posted there:

Two weeks ago, some type of chinook helicopter went over my house headed south-west (I live in the northwest corner of Missouri). Good lord are those things loud! My dogs were outside and they didn't even bark, they all sat down and stared. It sounded like the thing was sitting on our house. It was flying really low. Then last week, two flew over the house two days in a row. Same height and same exact path. Loud as heck. I thought it was kind of weird, seeing as I have never seen/heard one of these in my life and suddenly three fly over my house in two weeks. I've lived in this house for three years and in the area my whole life.

What the muck!? Chinooks outside of your home?
ummmmm that is very very odd....
I noticed a lot of chinook sightings in here. I haven't heard/seen any this week, but if I do, I will try and grab a camera.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Cheers resoe26, it would be nice to see more videos and input from other ATS members

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
the police helo loves to fly around my neighbourhood, don't know what they're doing most of the time since they seem to just love making unnecessary noise.

I've noticed a few flights of multiple chinooks and the odd cobra or two flying around SE Alabama and NW Florida. I'm not sure but police flights seem to be down. Which is nice because significant numbers of our police are seriously immature and thuglike. This behavior carries over into their aircraft operations. Like harassing civilians on the ground or flying at less than power pole altitude and looking into the windows of a one story house. I kid you not.

Doesn't matter tho. We're doomed. :-)

edit on 19-12-2012 by jcarpenter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Yep. Blackhawks, Ospreys, Chinooks. Not uncommon but definitely more activity. Central CA.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Here's the latest, although it wasn't yellow and black I think it might have been Police...

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I live in south-west Washington, no where near any sort of military base, and even now I hear helicopters flying nearby. I didn't think much of it, only that it was weird that there were so many helicopters recently (for about a half a year now I think?). Heck, they don't even circle, they just fly over my neighborhood. But last night around midnight I was talking to some of my friends and I hear these helicopters. They were so loud and so close that from where I was (I couldn't see them) I thought they were going to crash into my one-story house! My brother came out of his room after they left and I asked if he had heard that. he replied saying that he did and that they shined a light into his room! There are blinds over his window, so they could only see his silhouette, so he waved to them as they passed by. Then my other brother came home and told me that there had been three of them. After reading this now I really do suspect that there's something bigger going on. Why else would they fly over a town with a population of about 10,000 in the middle of nowhere? that doesn't make sense.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I posted about the flight of four learjets that passed low over my house a few weeks ago, one after another, same direction in a straight line. My best guess about what they were was that they had loaded up a large group of computer techs and were flying them out to fix the Obamacare website disaster. The flight had to have originated from Montgomery County Pa, Horsham air drone base. The flight wasn't registered on Flight radar so it was military or government
Anyway, a week later we had a squall and rain front go through and the wind was picking up that morning and rain was moving in. Outside I heard the wind blowing and then the noise got louder and louder. I knew it was a jets engines so I went outside and there through the clouds I saw another Learjet flying low. I thought he was crazy to fly in this weather that low unless he was going to land at the local airport a few miles away.
Not ten minutes later the squall picked up and really let loose and caused some wind damage locally. He would have flown right through it but I guess he made it. So add learjets to the mysterious aircraft we've been seeing.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I live a about 5 miles from Richards-Gebaur AFB. It has been closed for many years. In the 80's they would have air shows I could see over my house. After the base closed the skies were quiet for a long time. In the last year or two I started hearing planes and helicopters (mostly at night) but didn't think much about it. Thinking that the airport was repurposed. Then the chemtrail spraying started. It has gotten worse and worse. Last week the sky was so thick with it that it was hard to breathe. Later that morning I was sitting in my living room and it sounded like 4 helicopters flew low over my house, one right after the other. It seemed as if a massive amount of white powder was being dumped on my house. It was so thick I was breathing it and felt I needed a mask. It took about three days before it settled and I could see this powder covering the surfaces in my house. Even the tops of my shoes! I could feel the powder in my lungs and sinuses. My chest still hurts a little bit. I don't know what to make of it. I was and still am scared about what it was. Has anyone else had anything similar happen?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I have seen so much activity in the sky over Denver recently. I'm kinda freaked out. It was super cloudy about 20 mins ago and I could hear nonstop helicopter noise but couldn't see anything. Now the clouds are gone and mysteriously so are the choppers. What I did see was them circling over again! Anybody else think this is not just a drill or practice? Something is going on and they want to keep it a secret

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The only helicopters I see around here are medical helicopters about once every two weeks and some military helicopters about two times a year. That's in the day time. I don't pay any attention at night but I don't remember hearing any lately. Nothing suspicious around here.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Op, i exprince this constantly, since i live near a bad area and also the airport istn that far way. But for some reason, they seem to hover around my bulding. I've had times where they'd shine their lights into my room. But i digress. Maybe there catching wind to us conspircy theorists. I also fear on day they will come strom my house and take me away. But it might just be me. Also people who live close to milltary bases, be wary of what you do and say. Iv'e come across a many of post on here about helecopters, chasing people. Best of luck to you all.
Ps, dont mind my bad spelling, was in a rush...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Been hearing a lot of them in my area im in a small town in NC its not every day. But last week they seemed to be flying in what seems every few hours. This has been going on for me since January. Only went to look onces and it was a black copter and it was flying low. And damn they are loud. The were so low my house seemed to be shaking a little. None this week. so far. about jets i did here a jet this week but did not take a look

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

doctornamtab
So on three occasions now this has happened.

I'm sitting in my house, reading or working and I hear a helicopter for a really long time. Like 15 minutes. I go outside and there's a helicopter circling. I mean its making big loops but flying directly over my backyard everytime. I get my binoculars. It'll make another pass or two and then go back toward the city.

I live in Denver and have read some threads recently that suggest this isn't just in my area.

So that keeps happening to me. Anything happen to you lately?

Nor Cal here, and YES, I have noticed quite a lot of helicopter activity lately. Low flying as well. I wondered if they had new tech they was testing?

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join