It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No jobs avalible anywhere!!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Detroit is in need of construction and home remodeling but there are some that are worried that opening these markets up will drive the hispanic population up. Yeah thats what Detroit needs right now is a huge influx of hispanics legal or not with all the little anchor babies and pregnant women in tow.

Its not racism if its true

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
No commie here, but didn't Karl Marx explain that this would happen and later evolve into class warfare?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I think living in Detroit is the problem!

I have nothing against Detroit or the people that live there and I have never been there. However I have seen a few documentaries on Detroit and how it is today cmpared to the 60's and 70's.

It's not the people fault, it is the governments and corporations fault. They built a city based on manufacturing and now today so much of that very same manufacturing has been outsourced to other states but mostly overseas.

The government is supposed to stop this from happening or at least make sure the city can survive but they didn't give a damn and let it get drop so low that for them it is wasier to move on and move out than actually do something about it.

I don't want to tell you how to live your life but I can say this, If it is that hard to survive in detroit then move away, just move out...

Staying there and complaining is not gonna get you anywhere because the sad truth is this - the people that have the money and power to do something about it... do not give a damn!

Apart from that, if you do not want to move away then be smart about it -

What does your city have to offer?
What talents or skills are there?

Go out there, find support, find funding and start re-building it yourself!!!!!

Too many complain about lack of opportunity but ya know what!?! It's a lack of ambition that is the problem!

I know this too well because I have been in that situation and have blamed the world for my problems untill I relalised that I had the power to do something about my problems.. because no one else will care or want to help..

Its the sad truth and it took me a long time to see it..

I want to add a documentary/movie about detroit that I saw not too long ago
It's not all good but it's also not all bad!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I feel for ya. I'm in the same situation. Got laid off due to a slowdown in business. I have many years of experience in my field. I'm really good at what I do. But I'll be 58 in a couple of weeks. I've applied to dozens of jobs and have had several interviews and serveral rejections to go along with them.

Seems that all the recruiters want a 20 something with 30 years of experience. They want to interview me cause of my experience , but they see my age and I'm out the door. I get the excuse that they hired somebody with more experience. Really, you've got to be kidding me. I have 40 years experience in my field. I have certifications. I have gone to school for things in my field. Not to mention all those years of experience.

Truth is they don't want some one my age. I've even been asked in interviews if I'm just looking for a place to retire from. I think that question is a bit discrimitory. I can't afford to retire. The area I live in has been economically depressed for decades. I don't want to, nor can I afford to move. So you have my sympathy for your predicament. Age discrimination works both ways. The young and the old both face it these days. if you are either too old or too young , yer out of luck with the way the job market is.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Jobs will come back as soon as Obama loses his.

Since 1986 (the year I graduated High School) until 2008 (22 years) I have always had a job. In the 42 months Obama has been in office I have been out of work for 21 of them. Right at the beginning of his term I took 9 months off in protest, went back to work for a year to rebuild the savings, then promptly took more time off...been another year since I worked. I will probably go back to work in January 2013 when Romney takes over as President.

I just refuse to contribute to this Obama economy.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

Yeah thats what Detroit needs right now is a huge influx of hispanics legal or not with all the little anchor babies and pregnant women in tow.

That is pure racism!

Not in a classic form but because you have a stereotypical biast to hispanics etc...

Never forget we are all the same race and all human no matter where you are born or what color your skin is!!

Saying "this isn't racist" does mean it's not racist!!!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Ridiculous.

It isn't that hard to prove one way or the other. When it comes to a local standpoint, I need only open my newspaper to see how many jobs don't exist. When it comes to national, I need only look at Monster and Careerlink statistics to know that their entry level jobs are practically non-existent and unless you happen to have 10+ years experience in a position that happens to be open - you are damn well out of luck.

Clearly, anyone who was offered a job making 70k a year is working in a profession with years of experience, and if not, is ridiculously greedy for believing he can make more than 70k a year on anything other then an already established career, and then complain about other people not willing to accept lower standards. Silly to me. $70k is more money than I've made in the last 4 years.

Jobs available. Sure. I'm sure that is why I had an 80+ year old woman come to me asking for a job at my computer store just so she could continue her unemployment benefits. Speaking of which - I'm sure those numbers are all lies. After all - unemployment is dropping isn't it. All those people losing their benefits - THEY MUST be finding work huh? Getting on with their lives in productive ways? Sounds peachy.

And then the people who are smug who do have a job and a comfortable existence talk about it like it is a simple fix:

"WELL DUR, JUST MOVE TO NEW YORK CITY WHERE DA JOBS ARE SILLY!"

Yeah, because New York City, or any city for that matter, is exactly where I want to move to - broke, unemployed, and with nowhere to stay - in the hopes that I find a minimum wage job to live in the projects, where I can have a minimum wage job out in the country and at least have my own yard.

The mentality of most is always the same. The ones that are comfortable will always be smug and on ingenious levels when it comes to these subjects. But the moment the table flips, and it usually does at some point, and they are on the unemployment line for 4-5 years putting in application after application for each job that can afford to pay for your family, and then finally breaking down and just going after those minimum wage positions yet STILL not getting the jobs - then they start to realize that the grass they spoke of, wasn't as green as they thought it was through their aquamarine sunglasses.

If I'd ever meet some of you smug people, I'd probably sock you in the face. I had a friend tell me two weeks ago that it was MY fault that I didn't have a stable job and it was enough to end that relationship. I could only imagine what I would do to some stranger who tried to tell me the last 4 years of my life was anything other than a corrupt bureaucratic pile of crap that I've been wading through to try to survive because so help me god, I didn't certainly didn't do anything NOT to get a job - and neither did any of the millions of others.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

When I was younger with no experience that's exactly how I would get work except I added a little twist ... I would tell them I would work one day free to see if they liked me and make sure I was a good fit. More times then not I always got work and was always paid for that "free" day ...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

oh really?

You think? The problem is with Obama!! He got into power and realised that the US was screwed after what Bush did.

Instead of worrying about economics, he focused on War for 10 years with a country that had nothing to do with 9/11 but still sent you broke along with everything that happened in 2008.

All of that was worse for your country that what happened on 9/11.

It was the damage done in the past 11 years... that damage in many cases is not reversible and i'm sorry to say it's gonna take alot more than a new president to repair that damage.

It's gonna take alot of time, and I mean aloooooot of time. Even then I don't know know if it reversible.

The rest of the world used to look up to the US... now it is pitty

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
You gotta love how PEOPLE blame everyone else...but THEMSELVES. I've been out of work for 6 years now and i haven't bother looking for a J.O.B....because i'm too busy building my own business....that has been in business for 9 years now. I was WISE ENOUGH to save my money, and little by little, expand my business to the point of SELF SUFFICIENCY. How people can blame our government for unemployment...is beyond me? It's not Obama's position to make sure people have J.O.B.s. That's not in his job description, nor is it his responsibility. IT'S YOURS! If you were/are foolish with your life....well....that's YOUR PROBLEM.

Everyone has SOMETHING inside of them, that can make them a nice living. Find that SOMETHING...and you wont need a J.O.B.>Just Over Broke!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Is there anyway I can help? I'm a writer and would be happy to help you write a cover letter and resume.

Sending hugs your way...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Maybe you should blame your country and your government!

A country and system that frowns if you have not been to college or university!!

I live in Australia and can easily make 60kAu per year which now our dollar is worth more than yours.... I have not been to college but I chose a good profession and sales and customer service is the type of profession that anyone can get into but the money here is great!

You need to see it from an outside perspective.. The US is failing as a system and economically! I thank God that I wasn't born there.

What makes me laugh is all the TV shows that show nice middle to high income families living a great life... that is just as bad as propaganda!

I mean no disrespect because i'm sure you have pride but that is something else they have instilled in you from a young age to make you think that your way is the right way...

It's not and your country is failing! Get out now!

I don't like saying this but over the past few years it is becoming more obvious!

The next time you see a homeless person or child and a city that is rundown, ask yourself this;

Why are they spending Billions per year on military when it could goto so many more things!!! Like healthcare!!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It blows my mind that ppl can still blame the past 4 presidents for what is going on in the good ole US of A... This is ATS ppl here are supposed to get stuff... This, what is happening now was set into motion 90 years ago. They (tptb) knew that one day the ppl would figure it out. They are still riding that wave too. Whens it gonna break?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
There are loads of jobs around.

I fear that many of the people complaining about lack of jobs are those who are too picky or stuck-up to apply for jobs which they think are ''demeaning''.

You are exactly right! There are jobs everywhere, they just don't pay what you think you are worth. Quit whining and take 2 minimum wage jobs like I did to get on my feet.
You lazy people wont do that because its "too Hard." "the hours are too long" Or, and I really love this one
"I didn't go to school for that kind of work and that kind of pay!"

Get a damn job, get some self respect, and start supporting yourself and your family.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

The funny thing about america and jobs is that...it will never, has never, will never be enough jobs for every able body citizen to have,and thats whats so funny about life and jobs.its one of the biggest triks americ has ever pulled...well,besides 911!

edit on 19-5-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

That is true in some ways although alot of countries are like that. It's not always about the government or corporations though.

It's about the people and their way of thinking and vicious circles in families...

The point is - there are jobs and there opportunities but people fail to see them or choose not too.

It's not lack of opportunity! It is lack of ambition! If you want or "expect" the system to beat then it will.

Although what you said is right in some ways. The system is built like this so that we have a poor, middle and upper class.

If it wasn't like this and everyone was rich or "succesful" then who would do all the crappy minimum wage jobs or the crap that no-one thinks is worthy of them...

We all want to be rich and "at the top" but the system would also fail if we all were!!!

There is another way around it - people would say " that's Eutopia" and it's not gonna work! It only seems that way because you have been raised to think that way.

The system sucks, even being middle class and supposedly "ignorant" to the problem.. I still see it.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

It's not the past 4, it's the previous president and his dad... Bush Snr.

They ran the economy into the ground and all their friends in the defence contracting business have become rich whilst the country is being run into the ground!

Greed!!!!

I am not even a US citizen but if I saw Bush in the street I would punch him in the face and spit on him for he has done to not only the US but it's allies!

That guy probably had a lower IQ than me yet he was elected president!! WTF..

He was an idiot - literally, I mean was he mentally retarded??

I mean seriously!!! Come on??

edit on 19-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I think US companies should be required to only manufacture things inside the US. No alliances with foreign companies over the American people.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

22,426 jobs in Detroit says other wise, give or take a few:
www.indeed.com...

And how many of these are "actual" jobs, and how many people are "looking" for a job?

P.S.

Many job openings are there, "in case", posted by companies who don't need personell but are using it for "head hunting". Other jobs are there, for statistics ... and then there are those jobs, that "alread hired", but must be posted.

Basically it covers somewhere between 20-40% of those jobs. So, cut that number in half and then divided among the number of people looking for a job.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

If you cannot FIND a job, then go CREATE a job for yourself. There are no excuses for you not to be employed. Change your career if you have to, don't wait until food stamps run out for you. This is life, survival of the fittest and smartest. Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join