It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No jobs avalible anywhere!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
cdlget a cdl and move to south Texas and haul sand. My dad says its the easiest job he's ever had.
Seriously, they are hiring on the spot here! Great money.
ads all over Craigslist, look under San Antonio, tonsof cdl jobs.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Well, they should:

1. Look further afield - I'm sure there must be outlying towns near Detroit which may have businesses who are actively seeking employees.

2. Lower their expectations and diversify their search for employment. Take risks and - if you'll pardon my French - BS in no small amount to achieve employment. There's nothing to lose if a potential employer rejects you, as opposed to a huge amount of gain if you manage to impress them.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I hear that people that learn Chinese and move to China are having better luck.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Careers are so 20th century anyways.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Um, I just turned down a job offer in Saginaw because they only offered 70K/yr.

Jobs do exist.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
There are loads of jobs around.

I fear that many of the people complaining about lack of jobs are those who are too picky or stuck-up to apply for jobs which they think are ''demeaning''.

I am only twenty with three years experience washing pets, half a year as a temporary sales associate, and a year of volunteer work. Now, the "demeaning" jobs were what I looked at first. Thing is that I don't have enough experience...

+6 more 
posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Um, I just turned down a job offer in Saginaw because they only offered 70K/yr.

Jobs do exist.

OMG beeezer got a job offer, but turned it down, therefore JOBS DO EXIST! Go nuts people, we can now ignore they're 4 people out of work per 1 job opening. Beezzer recognizing that under the Obama administration JOBS DO EXIST!

Also we can forget about the fact that many professional job listings are put up with ridiculous requirements only for the purpose to disqualify Americans, so the jobs can either be outsourced, or offered to foreigners on the H1b visa program.

There Are 100 Million Working Age Americans That Do Not Have Jobs

jobs everywhere folks

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
This is my rant, and many of you obviously will tell me how to conduct my life, tell me I am making horrible choices and that it is my fault that I am unhireable. You will declare to me that you know my situation more, that I should find a trade, that I should have more talents, be more accessible to the job market, find a certificate, get a degree, kill myself.

Well honestly this is my rant,the lack of Jobs in america, the big issue, the remaining issue. Go flip burgers you will say, well i just get through the interview, go do some other job, well they just turn me down for someone with more experience.
Welcome to the credential society! Jobs are becoming more difficult for average joes to become more accessible, Detroit, industrial city, easy job search right? Wrong, Unemployment is up an those who fell in the cracks of the void (after unemployment is over) are doom.
Welcome to the real world. Age 27, 5 years janitorial, Direct care worker (handicap) certified, 2 associate degrees, 2 years in assembly, industrial lines, 2 years grocery, 10 years experience as an audio engineer with 2 years professional intern

This is what I have become rapidly into, in a society that wants you to have (5 years experience on a machine press) or some Register nursing degree, or some other CDL hilo certified job

Everything is all mobilizing into education, which i am getting into (teaching) yes i know its a horrible job market, dont rub it in, at least i want to do something i like, mister accounting, ski lifting instructor.

Welcome to detroit

The fact is there are no jobs, at least in the midwest. Job markets are crap. Go do something stupid, there are plenty of jobs with massive lay offs, major pay cuts, outsourcing ect.

You cannot start a family getting paid 7.50 a hour. You need at least 10$.

All jobs no return in phone call or response. Internet search sites are (not all) a waste.
Don't even say start a home business, you dont know my living situation

It is a human and should be a human right to get a job, when you can't society gets piss. We americans (at least detroit, cause detroit is pissy enough) should uprise against these social constraints that are destroying america, THESE ARE REASONS WHY WE BECOME DOPE SLANGERS AND MURDERERS.

But i do have to LOL at myself

edit on 18-5-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

TAKE UP ONLINE GAMBLING? e.g "BONUS BAGGING" THE PLACING AND LAYING OF 2 FREE BETS OFF AGAINST ONE ANOTHER AND COLLECTING THE PROCEEDS?

Just a thought.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
You do have to take things in context tho. Not sure where breezer lives, but I live in NJ. Close to the Big Apple as well. I also have a technology/business degree. THAT'S WHERE THE JOBS ARE!!!!!!! Technology. I think going BACK to school for teaching was a bad decision on your part since that market is saturated. Should have done IT or finance! If you truly read the news eg, MSM stuff too, then you can easily follow the trends and chart your career moves better. That's what I did even in college, I dropped my Criminal Justice Major for tech, cause of all the new start ups popping up! That was in 2008. Height of social networking....It was fresh and cool

I've been offered two jobs this week and I am one month fresh out of college. undergrad. I have not even received my official degree yet. Should arrive in the mail next week. I start work in June with a $40,000 salary both jobs, now I just have to decide which one I want!

Some of my friends don't have jobs, some do. I'm 23 been working since I was 15 at my dads auto company in the summers. Then got a job at burger king for two years full time in high school. I did various jobs in college from helping government agencies transfer from paper to paperless offices, to being a personal assistant to the dean of the school of business at my university. I was also in the boy scouts and got to Eagle scout. That helps a lot!
edit on 19-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Out of curiosity, what would you consider demeaning? Prostitution? Because it doesn't get much lower than cleaning up poop.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
You can have my job, I'm just about done with it.

You can be berated everyday by my supervisor for no reason, you don't know how to do this, you don't how to do that, don't go in there, don't do this. Nothing is ever right

And, not to mention clientele always copping some BS excuse of [racism] because you card them. I card everybody. Now, I'm not allowed to do even that, according to my manager. No thanks to him.

Tomorrow, I'll probably be written up, cause she was on the phone to someone about me.

edit on 18-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

OMG I think you got a relative of my manager!!! OMG!!! Well I quit my job tonight...but my job is of no help to M. OP because I live in Florida. Oh well, he can have my job though, too if he wants it!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Count Chocula

Jons do exist. Though it appears that many choose waiting for a handout as their chosen profession.

Your job, Count, is obviously trolling using smarm as bait.

Go dig a ditch!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Sounds like my supervisor, who is always looking for something to complain about. No praise, just complaining.

It's a job and it pays too well to risk losing. Just wish my boss and his superiors knew what they were doing.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Oh give me break on that handout #.

There are people who want to work who don't want a handout. They've been looking up and down, taking what they can get and bumming off of people like me (family is family) just to get by.

Knock it off with the handout crap. You're not helping the OP or anyone else looking for a job. It's perfectly normal to vent.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
pick up a trade

become a plumbers helper... should start at ten bucks

I make 2000 a week now.... I live near dc though so its not hit so hard with the job market

hours are hard and long

I have back problems

but i'm not starving

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Out of curiosity, what would you consider demeaning? Prostitution? Because it doesn't get much lower than cleaning up poop.

lol cleaning up poop...

you know its those jobs that people laugh at and don't want that pay great.

Just sayin

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Go get a welding ticket then you can market yourself, creating a job for yourself, ppl will be calling you all the time for odd jobs, and you can charge em 100 bux an hour.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
There are jobs out there. I just hired a young man with no experience at the store I manage. He was neatly and well dressed, engaged with conversation, when he first introduced himself... he told me his name and shook my hand. During the interview, he asked for the job at least 3 times or more. He was polite, attentive, and asked questions...

Too many times I have people applying for a position at my store and they never tell me their name. They dress like they are getting ready to go fishing or cut the grass. And they never inquire what the job consists of or tell me what they have to offer.

There are other stores in our area that are hiring... at one store getting ready to open, the new receiver went to lunch and never came back. the back up hire for receiver went in and after 5 minutes went for a smoke and never came back. The job.. one I have actually done is challenging, but not impossible if you can do basic computer work, do a little math in your head and can plan ahead... Mon thru Fri... no nights or weekends...7-330...

The problem is most people that apply have a criminal background, can not pass a drug test, or they want the pay but do not want to work. We run a farm supply store... not making rockets here... you will get dirty, you will get hot or cold some days...But you will get paid, vacation, sick days, 401k, stock, medical, dental...

The other thing is sometimes people need to relocate. Not a great option, but migrations from mid America to California happened during the 1930s...blacks from the south to Chicago, NY, and Philadelphia... or Appalachia to the Norfolk ship yards.... For the last 20 years, lots of people moving to NC

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

this administration is the reason for more than 2-5 million more jobless than before the financial crisis began

point A: the Affordable healthcare Act was passed into Law & it is making corporations hire less workers
point B: the former tax rollbacks from the last Bush administration are set to expire...thus making a hired worker more expensive to employ

those are the 2 ,main reasons that employers are reluctant to hire... with the present policies the workforce is destined to be downsized forever...
some 11 million are no longer 'middle class' and the openings are both few and very difficult to fill, even for the yearly crop of college grads.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Well here in Indiana there are jobs. My shop hires almost every day (no joke) we have a high turn over rate but most employees don't wanna come to work. Our schedule is pretty good too we only work 7 out of 14 days either 6am to 6pm or 6pm to 6am you stay on days or nights but we work Sun Wed Thur one week and Mon Tues Friday Sat the other and with our 15 min pre shift meetings we average 45 straight hours a week. i made 36000 my first year which is good wages in a small town in Indiana (you can get a small house in my town for 20 to 30 thousand)some of the employees work a lot of over time and have made over 50,000 for the year. We are union U.A.W. we don't make 20 30 an hour either and have modest benefits. The work is pretty easy too mostly automated jobs. The company is also safety crazy we haven't had a recordable in almost 2 years. Three years ago i lost my job of 15 years and got on at my current job in 10 weeks. So maybe there aren't a lot of desk jockey jobs out there but if you are not afraid to work there is plenty of work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join