It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs during Satellite launch

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hmmm not so sure these are stars, I don't think the camera is moving that far or that fast because it seems as though the camera is underneath the shuttle, therefore it wouldn't need to move much for it to track the shuttle. Also if the shuttle is going up wouldn't it make the "stars" appear to come down? Not shoot up past. Or am I just being thick? lol

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cantsee4looking
could they be satellites??
its just that they where all traveling in the same direction..
just a thought..

I had a fleeting thought about that too but then thought: if satellites are THAT close together, I think we'd have satellites smashing into one another a lot.
But what do I know? I'm just an ignorant one who knows nothing about photography and whose looking JUST for stars and flags so I can trade them in for a Lamborghini! Hope I spelled that right cause you 'no' us ignoramuses.

Ask Jim. He gets paid to know everything

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

well in that case mate i will s+f for ya......
chin up.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
Hmmm not so sure these are stars, I don't think the camera is moving that far or that fast because it seems as though the camera is underneath the shuttle, therefore it wouldn't need to move much for it to track the shuttle. Also if the shuttle is going up wouldn't it make the "stars" appear to come down? Not shoot up past. Or am I just being thick? lol

First of all, just for clarity's sake, it's not the shuttle, but a Russian rocket.

That said, when a rocket is launched, it is NOT launched straight up, but on a ballistic trajectory that be roughly parallel to the ground. That's how rockets achieve orbit -- by flying in a trajectory that is parallel to the ground that follows the curvature of the Earth. Sort of like this image, with the blue line being the orbit, and the red line being the path the rocket takes to get to that obit from launch:

[image source from a previous post by ATS member C.H.U.D.]

Therefore, the rocket would not be moving "up" from the vantage point of the launch site, but rather "away" from the launch site, heading parallel to the ground (usually toward the east)

It should be noted what on orbit actually is. Some in orbit isn't just "hanging" there, but is actually constantly falling back to the earth because it's being pulled back down by gravity. However, those objects are moving "sideways" so fast (about 17,000 mph) that before it can hit the ground, the ground "curves away" from the object, due to the curvature of the Earth. Therefore, the object in orbit is always falling down, but the Earth is curving away from it at the same time.

Consider the thought experiment called Newton's Cannonball [click the link].
This shows how an object achieves orbit by moving very vast parallel to the ground.

The difference with a rocket launch is that it is initially shot straight up to get some altitude before heading "away" from the launch site in a sideways direction, such as seen here
[image source is ATS member "phage" from a previous post]

edit on 5/18/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
[double post]

edit on 5/18/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by NoLoveInFear46and2

Nevermind, I asked one simple question. You did not answer. In fact, you asked another question on top of mine. I answered. Still asked again my first question. You fail to answer and ask another question on top of mine.

You've got nothing and lost my interest. Too bad...

Pardon me. I didn't realize I had an exclusive date with you!

I am posting on other threads as well. But you know what?....I am not going to set myself up for your amusement. So, please forgive me for reneging on my word.

Perhaps you'll find what you're looking for in me....in a more worthier thread cause this...ain't it.
Thanks and again, I apologize for disappointing ya!

You already reneged on your word after the first question you asked. The poster asked about a prediction, you said "first answer me this..." It was answered then you asked another question. Don't play games. If you want to be helpful and have something to share, then share. Kind of silly to continue to ask questions, which by your own admission could be easily answered the way you want it answered with it not being honestly answered, only to back out because the poster doesn't want to play your game.

You say you are here too help...so help. If you don't want to answer a question, then don't answer. But don't play games with people and make them reply to one question at a time.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
SoylentGreen is exactly right about the apparent angular motion of an 'ascending' rocket viewed from the launch site -- and he wasn't even being paid to do so. But the illusion of 'falling back to Earth' was exactly what rocket pioneers experienced at the dawn of the Space Age:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Suggestion: learn from their experience.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
First video is birds. You can see them flapping their wings.

Second video is either paint chips or ice flakes.

Next

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I get so aggravated with threads like this. There is absolutely no evidence that these are aliens. None whatsoever. And what is even worse is that common sense SHOULD dictate that anything moving with uniform velocity is probably not a craft under intelligent control in that environment. Also, whenever something in space looks to be blinking, it is simply tumbling, presenting two different faces that posses different reflective properties, causing sunlight or reflected sunlight to create the illusion of internal light. I apologize to those who believe in alien spaceships, because this is nothing more than leftovers.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
These "UFO" are simply stars in the sky behind the moving rocket. The launch took place at night, so that we are looking at a dark night sky. The only object moving is the rocket. Watch the video again with this in mind and then everything will be clear to you. It only goes to show how so many people are so easilly misled by opticle illusions ! With this in mind it becomes clear that the UFO phenomenon is just a trick of the mind or at worst a hoax ?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Lol I was going to say rocket to be honest but just chose shuttle in case I was wrong, and still managed to be. nevertheless it seems rather pedantic, it is the same difference. Like saying boat vs ship.

The point I was making is that the camera is beneath the ROCKET (better? lol), I know it wasn't going straight up, but all the same it is going up! Whether it being at an angle or not. Also the camera wouldn't have to move much if it was underneath the ROCKET, would it? Especially the further away it got. You didn't seem to answer any of these questions.

Also as it is moving up wouldn't the "stars" appear to move down? Not up and past it?

I am aware of how an object gets into orbit and why it stays there, but thanks for the info anyway. But that wasn't even the point I was trying to make and really had nothing to do with what I was saying. The video displays the ROCKET moving into orbit! Not it being in orbit!

So if you could address what I was actually trying to say I would appreciate that. If you need the questions clarified I'd be happy to do so.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Well let's see what the uploader has on his channel shall we.....

Which was discussed and proven to be a hoax..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and how can we forget this little gem...

I would actually do a little research on the youtube channel before using them as a good source.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

They look like stars! They also look like UFOs!

What exactly does an Unidentified Flying Object look like?

If you are implying that they look like "alien craft" (which I assume you are?), can you provide a verifiable example of one for us to compare with this footage?

You also say they look like stars, and I agree with you here, so if they look like stars, and they "move" the way you would expect stars to move as the camera tracks the rocket (which would appear to travel downwards/towards the horizon to someone observing it from/close to the launch site, as Soylent Green Is People and Jim explained) would it not be more logical that they are stars?

Long exposure photograph of a shuttle launch:

Source

Lots more examples if you try a google image search.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I believe in alien life! Every time I talk to a Ron Paul supporter I think "this guy is really out there."

Not so sure about intelligent alien life though

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Lol I was going to say rocket to be honest but just chose shuttle in case I was wrong, and still managed to be. nevertheless it seems rather pedantic, it is the same difference. Like saying boat vs ship.

No worries! I just didn't want to leave the word "shuttle" hanging out there, lest we confuse someone.

The point I was making is that the camera is beneath the ROCKET (better? lol), I know it wasn't going straight up, but all the same it is going up! Whether it being at an angle or not. Also the camera wouldn't have to move much if it was underneath the ROCKET, would it? Especially the further away it got. You didn't seem to answer any of these questions.

Also as it is moving up wouldn't the "stars" appear to move down? Not up and past it?

I am aware of how an object gets into orbit and why it stays there, but thanks for the info anyway. But that wasn't even the point I was trying to make and really had nothing to do with what I was saying. The video displays the ROCKET moving into orbit! Not it being in orbit!

So if you could address what I was actually trying to say I would appreciate that. If you need the questions clarified I'd be happy to do so.

The rocket really isn't moving up. It's moving more "across" or "away" from the launch site. I know we can see the back of the rocket, but it's too dark to actually see the exact vantage point. Even so, I don't think the camera was directly behind the rocket. Granted, if it was directly behind the rocket the whole time and the rocket was moving in a straight line directly away from the camera, then the camera would not need to move.

However, rockets upon launch usually move away from the camera near the launch site, but still have a lateral and downward apparent motion relative to the camera, just like the photo of the rocket launch ATS member FireballStorm linked in his post (plus the pictures in his google image search link):

Originally posted by FireballStorm
...Long exposure photograph of a shuttle launch:

Source

For a camera to follow the rocket in these pictures, there would be a time that the camera would actually need to pan DOWNWARD to follow the rocket as the rocket appears to move downward.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireballStorm

They look like stars! They also look like UFOs!

What exactly does an Unidentified Flying Object look like?

If you are implying that they look like "alien craft" (which I assume you are?), can you provide a verifiable example of one for us to compare with this footage?

You also say they look like stars, and I agree with you here, so if they look like stars, and they "move" the way you would expect stars to move as the camera tracks the rocket (which would appear to travel downwards/towards the horizon to someone observing it from/close to the launch site, as Soylent Green Is People and Jim explained) would it not be more logical that they are stars?

Long exposure photograph of a shuttle launch:

Source

I already did.
STS 75
Wasn't a rocket launch but it did happen (like many many MANY other space missions) while we put something out into outer-space.

Same exact behavior of pulsating points of light and .....seemingly surrounding the STS broken tether perhaps in a mode of curiosity. Just like this appeared to be doing. Maybe not. I don't know.

Not saying this is emphatically alien UFOs but it's at least interesting enough to consider.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeliefInReality

I believe in alien life! Every time I talk to a Ron Paul supporter I think "this guy is really out there."

Not so sure about intelligent alien life though

And I believe (know) in reincarnation and karma and...I'll leave it at that!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
I get so aggravated with threads like this. There is absolutely no evidence that these are aliens. None whatsoever. And what is even worse is that common sense SHOULD dictate that anything moving with uniform velocity is probably not a craft under intelligent control in that environment. Also, whenever something in space looks to be blinking, it is simply tumbling, presenting two different faces that posses different reflective properties, causing sunlight or reflected sunlight to create the illusion of internal light. I apologize to those who believe in alien spaceships, because this is nothing more than leftovers.

Alien? You're the one getting carried away. I just said they were unidentified. Get aggravated with yourself.

Want proof? I mean real proof?
Ask for it BUT....with an open and pure state of being. You might be able to trick others but you can't trick the Universe. So you HAVE to be authentic.

So if you're anxious to see proof?.......honestly, just ask for it with an open mind.
Let us know what happens

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

Your point has been received and process. And I can't help but feel sorry for you.
Really. You're probably a very decent person but your mind set is sad.

I said over and over again, this might just be stars. I can't unring a bell. I already posted this thread but...ya know what?...I would post it again because the opposing argument--- of these being stars hasn't convinced me yet.
They MIGHT be but....who knows.

Hey, UFO's once looked like coffee saucers......and we've evolved from there so, there is hope!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

reply to post by FireballStorm

Your point has been received and process. And I can't help but feel sorry for you.
Really. You're probably a very decent person but your mind set is sad.

at this point after reading all your posts and replies, I feel the same about you.
funny thing huh, you think he's sad, I think you're sad.. but why say it?
It's a childish remark meant to demean another's mindset while propping up your own.
If there's a faster way to turn people away from what you believe (such as stars imitating aliens) then I'll leave you to discover that route as well.

b

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join