It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs during Satellite launch

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Nevermind, I asked one simple question. You did not answer. In fact, you asked another question on top of mine. I answered. Still asked again my first question. You fail to answer and ask another question on top of mine.

You've got nothing and lost my interest. Too bad...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
They may well be stars , here's a launch from Aug 17 2011 .
Objects from 1.20 ... watch full screen .

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
It's getting to the point where we're becoming immune to these sightings. But never the day though, did I think I would be saying 'these are those typical UFOs pulsating in space' but....today's the day!
Really nothing spectacular but anyone who doesn't think they are not here,on and around our planet, is in for a rude awakening hopefully, this year! As predicted.

HU, why don't you think those are background stars?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye

I did look at the video, check my edit above.

We are not talking about other videos, we are talking about the one in your OP

whatever!

So if the exact behavior of said object is filmed over and over again...which rules out as stationary stars, then....these MUST be stars!
Okay! Gotcha.

I know what you're saying though. I respectfully and totally disagree. The camera is focused in on the rocket not infinity therefore I don't believe it's picking up stars millions of miles away.

If you defiantly keep yourself in ignorance over ordinary space/rocket visual effects -- such as stars passing the rocket as the camera tracks the rocket -- then it is certainly easier to call anything 'UFOs', but most folks will realize your criterion is so wide, everything can be called a UFO -- and your posts can be ignored.

..but if you listen to a number of helpful, gentle advisories from posters here, you have a chance to improve your knowledge of the real world and sharpen your selection criteria for UFOness.

Please take this opportunity.

Otherwise -- all you're doing is flaunting your ignorance and underlining your irrelevance. Please try harder.

Launch cameras see stars going by. It happens on all clear night launches. 'Focus' is a lame excuse you're making to justify a jumped-to self-exciting bias.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien...I know what you're saying though. I respectfully and totally disagree. The camera is focused in on the rocket not infinity therefore I don't believe it's picking up stars millions of miles away.

I suppose you're not really into photography. The rocket is far enough downrange that the focus is on the rocket AND focused to infinity.

I'm not a photography expert, but I know enough that when I focus on (for example) a distant mountain, that is the same focus setting that I would use to focus on a star. When something is several miles away (like a downrange rocket or a mountain), the infinity focus would be used.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Lets see :
-Object are not making sharp turn, nor seem to be hovering.
-They seem to follow the same path as the rocket.
-They do not "follow" the rocket itself, they just pass by.

These UFO's are not showing any signs that can help us determine that they are piloted crafts, at all.
I will go with the simplest answer, and its probably the right one --> stars in the background.

Sorry OP but this vid is definitely not conclusive evidence.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Stars in OP video with illusory effect of moving since the rocket is stable and not moving inside the fame.

In reality, the rocket is moving.
As the camera tracks the rocket, stars will come into view and 'fly' by.

The other videos referenced by OP with complaints about ice particles and space debris? Well, the reason those other videos are ice particles and space debris and not stars, is because ice particles are small and close, reflecting light, where stars are massive and far away, producing light their own, and behave differently.
Other differences apply with space debris and junk.

Different things with different characteristics behave and present differently depending on the context of the video and the environment filmed.

Gullible believers are more than entitled to believe what they want to believe. Those dots could very well be cows jumping over the moon if you want to take that approach.

From a rational standpoint, however, examining the most probable and likely culprits instead of starting at and staying at aliens produces better results.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

And they're identical to the other video I posted. That was my point after all.
All these videos can't be depicting background stars.

I realize they're all going in the same direction. Perhaps if they had a camera with a panoramic view finder we'd see them moving in from different directions but this is the angle and prospective we have to work with.

They're moving towards the object (rocket) just like they moved towards the tether. And Space Shuttles. And ISS and probably astronauts for all we know.

You say stars?
I say UFOs.

This is not a game so there are no winners so thanks for playin'....er, I mean posting

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Kindly show me where this happens?
If that's what some of you say...that these are stars then....every single rocket launch, should show stars whizzing by.
There have been THOUSANDS of rocket launches filmed. Show us. After all the stars are always out so it won't be a matter of clouds.

And Jim Oberg, kindly keep you insulting words for television sensationalism!

I am a respectful (and I think, respected) member who doesn't deserve to be called ignorant.
I MAY BE wrong....but you unfortunately will always feel right!

Someone of your stature should be more professional in your approach but.....it's Hollywood after all! You did work for NASA, right?

ETA: Mr Oberg, I am one of the millions who knows, beyond a shadow of any doubt, our real truth and all you do is serve as someone either protecting it or denying it.

And this has nothing to do with this particular thread. I am talking overall. The bigger picture. You've taken a position with NASA as their spokesperson to 'explain' anomalies (like a Human version of Project BlueBook) and once again, not in this particular case but....you may have some of the people fooled some of the time but the gig is almost up Mr Oberg. So enjoy your employment whilst it lasts!

edit on 18-5-2012 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

...They're moving towards the object (rocket)...

How can you really tell which way they are moving (or if they are moving at all) considering the camera must have also been moving to follow the rocket down range? A moving camera would mean there would be an "apparent motion" the objects would have that would not really be actual motion, but only the by-product of the moving camera.

Are you correcting for the camera motion to determine that the objects were moving toward the rocket?

edit on 5/18/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

If that's what some of you say...that these are stars then....every single rocket launch, should show stars whizzing by.

I don't know if stars are visible on every night rocket launch video, but here's another example of stars being seen in video of a rocket launch -- in a thread that you participated in a few months ago:

Soyuz launch today -- three objects swoop past on way to space

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

There have been THOUSANDS of rocket launches filmed. Show us. After all the stars are always out so it won't be a matter of clouds.

And Jim Oberg, kindly keep you insulting words for television sensationalism!

I am a respectful (and I think, respected) member who doesn't deserve to be called ignorant.
I MAY BE wrong....but you unfortunately will always feel right!

Someone of your stature should be more professional in your approach but.....it's Hollywood after all! You did work for NASA, right?

Hu, people who stroke your ego are not all your friends -- and people who tell you that you are ignorant -- which can be FIXED -- are not always your enemy.

If you avoid such people, you stay ignorant. That can't be your intention. Some Roman emperor had a pithy adage about learning when he had been wrong... it's slipped my mind.

When you get over-excited you make preposterous statements such as 'the stars are always out'... not in my universe, nor -- after a moment's thought -- you'll realize in yours either.

Allow other people to lend you their experience for teaching -- it's worked for me and most others around here. we share. We learn. We change our views of real facts and the logical deductions from them.

Otherwise, you'll never get to realize the magnificent mystery of the real UFO phenomenon and be stuck forever at entry level. But suit yourself.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoLoveInFear46and2

Nevermind, I asked one simple question. You did not answer. In fact, you asked another question on top of mine. I answered. Still asked again my first question. You fail to answer and ask another question on top of mine.

You've got nothing and lost my interest. Too bad...

Pardon me. I didn't realize I had an exclusive date with you!

I am posting on other threads as well. But you know what?....I am not going to set myself up for your amusement. So, please forgive me for reneging on my word.

Perhaps you'll find what you're looking for in me....in a more worthier thread cause this...ain't it.
Thanks and again, I apologize for disappointing ya!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

And they're identical to the other video I posted. That was my point after all.
All these videos can't be depicting background stars.

I realize they're all going in the same direction. Perhaps if they had a camera with a panoramic view finder we'd see them moving in from different directions but this is the angle and prospective we have to work with.

They're moving towards the object (rocket) just like they moved towards the tether. And Space Shuttles. And ISS and probably astronauts for all we know.

You say stars?
I say UFOs.

This is not a game so there are no winners so thanks for playin'....er, I mean posting
They are not moving, they are stationary.
The moving is done by the camera tracking the rocket.

Why do you think "i think" it's a game

This is about using your brain and find logical solutions, i know you don't like that, you are stuck in your believe and are bumping your thread so you can get more S+F.

I don't play that game...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by Human_Alien...I know what you're saying though. I respectfully and totally disagree. The camera is focused in on the rocket not infinity therefore I don't believe it's picking up stars millions of miles away.

I suppose you're not really into photography. The rocket is far enough downrange that the focus is on the rocket AND focused to infinity.

I'm not a photography expert, but I know enough that when I focus on (for example) a distant mountain, that is the same focus setting that I would use to focus on a star. When something is several miles away (like a downrange rocket or a mountain), the infinity focus would be used.

You may not be an expert, but you are completely correct.

I would not call myself an expert either, but I've been using cameras for well over a decade, including "long lenses" much like the lens that the footage in question was filmed with, and by focusing on a distant object like a rocket at high altitude, the focus point would be effectively at infinity. Thus the stars would be in focus as well.

So I would have to agree, what we are seeing are stars, since they behave as we would expect stars to behave.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I admit I MAY BE wrong.
However, I don't feel I am at the moment but I am not as infallible as you seem to be Mr Oberg.

You try to tell the world that aliens are not here.
YOU are the one stroking an ego to get to a paycheck!!

Not sure if you read my ETA on the post you just quoted from but......I know better. And I know you're either promoting ignorance (because you yourself don't know better) or you're purposefully denying our truth. And I say this in general. This has NOTHING to do with this thread.

The numbers are growing Mr Oberg. There are not 10 million PLUS crazy people walking this planet. The truth is building up to the point where there will be no more denying this. Only embracing it.

I have no idea why it's happening the way it is (well, yes I do but this isn't the venue) and I have no idea why certain people get chosen. That is not clear to me but I assure you, I am sane and.....possess above average intelligence.
But I don't need to sell myself. I'm not here to argue. I am here to tell others.... that people like YOU.....are wrong either by error or intent!
Just ask Edgar Mitchell!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

It's not just rocket launches these objects have been seen. Major disasters Volcano eruptions. They always seem to be observing

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
could they be satellites??
its just that they where all traveling in the same direction..
just a thought..

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

I don't know if stars are visible on every night rocket launch video, but here's another example of stars being seen in video of a rocket launch -- in a thread that you participated in a few months ago:

Soyuz launch today -- three objects swoop past on way to space

I totally understand what you are saying but that video doesn't prove anything either. It shows this happened before.

They look like stars! They also look like UFOs!
And you're right, I don't know anything about photography but as a layman, I don't understand how stars show up if the lens isn't set on infinite. You make them sound like lampposts whizzing by while watching a video from a dashboard cam!.
This is in space, no?

Besides, STS 75 (and other clips) have convinced me otherwise therefore......your thesis or my hypothesis can be right. Just not sure.

I am not 100% convinced they are UFOs and I am only about 5% willing to believe they're stars until further evidence is presented.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

i know you don't like that, you are stuck in your believe and are bumping your thread so you can get more S+F.

I don't play that game...

Some of you are pieces of work I tell ya.
I am chastised if I DON'T answer and when I do, I am looking for S&F.
Wow.

Let's try this in telepathy then, 'k? This way I can't possibly be looking for S&F and as an added bonus, I can answered all the unanswered questions in a more timely manner.

You my friend couldn't be any further from being correct if your life depended on it.

G'day!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join