It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive - Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Haw

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Sorry, I don't think you understood it, which of course is possibly my fault. What I was eluding to is the fact that the media and/or printed matter lies all the time. The fact that it's a lie is the least of worries.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
He worked for Business International Corporation. Do a cursory search on this company. Start with Wikipedia.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

The booklet, which was distributed to "business colleagues" in the publishing industry, includes a brief biography of Obama among the biographies of eighty-nine other authors represented by Acton & Dystel

So that's 90 biographies in one booklet - are we assuming no errors were made? How unlikely would it be that the publisher made a simple mistake that went unnoticed until after printing? How many times did people hear how his father was from Kenya and just assumed he was too? This doesn't prove anything, other than Birther's have always attempted to capitalize on his connection to his father's Kenyan roots. I'm sure a lot of people in Obama's past made the mistake, even in print, of thinking Obama was also from Kenya.

This proves otherwise:

+1 more 
posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
He's in a Catch-22 this time for sure !!

If the booklet was using sensationalism to sell, it's still a lie.
And a big one at that.

If it's all true and factual, Obama is screwed because of the cover-ups and lies told to dispel the Kenyan thing.

(not to mention it proves the B.C. has been "altered")

How will he untie this new Gordian Knot

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

Ah, my apologies. Your next post after that one says pretty much exactly what I was getting at in my own.

Not sure if I can entirely agree with you here...I think *most* (non-MSM, at least) reporting is generally accurate, although most on the top levels is definitely slanted or crafted for a purpose. Regardless, I can't see much benefit to Obama or the publisher for making up the Kenya bit in this one. I am tired, though...so it might be there?

Now, we'll just have to see if we hear that this is a fake, whether that's true or not. That seems to be how this whole thing goes.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

Originally posted by Covertblack
Here we go again. If anything it proves how to use smoke and mirrors to make people look better. Ya mean what they tell ya ain't true????? Pretty sad.

And I think your post, if anything, proves to me that some people will react to cognitive dissonance with outright dismissal of anything that challenges their more-comfortable beliefs, shrugging off even an entire series of suggestive indications with weighty implications that somehow seem to only get curiouser and curiouser.

While it is an interesting psychological trait...it's not generally helpful. I'm still unsettled on the whole matter, but there is a trail of breadcrumbs that keeps popping up on this matter.

Oh, and I also agree with you about how people will react to truth. It was once said it's easier to kill a man then to change his mind.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

When the fix is in,

it's easy to plant evidence.

Especially if Obama's real father is Frank Marshall Davis.

They would have already thought of the newspaper entry.

I bet his birthday is not Aug 4th either.

New Film Suggests Obama‘s ’Real’ Father Was His Commie Journalist Mentor… and the Birthers are Angry

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
I know what the excuse will be already..... "I didn't write that..." "I never saw that...." "News to Me". "Thanks Briebart". "I am just a victim"....

LOL

You think Obama is going to acknowledge that/this?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Regardless of the spin, this paints Obama and his handlers as liars in a well documented string of contrived tales that comprise the Obama Fairy Tale/Fable. His book "Dreams.." is full of it.

The inconsistencies throughout this fable certainly warrant a greater investigation. Personally, I have never thought Obama was born in Kenya, the logistics and other known facts of that time don't favor that angle.

Will we ever discover the ID of Obama's real daddy? or will we just be fed more lies to cover the old lies...

This line from Michelle Obama during the last campaign just about did it for me in regards to the litany of lies

“Barack saw his mother, who was very young and very single when she had him, and he saw her work hard to complete her education and try to raise he and his sister,”

No mention of a husband or a father for young Barack. Perhaps she was just playing the sales game too at that point because they were determined to mold Obama into whatever shape necessary to fit the situation or the group being addressed on the campaign trail. Tell enough lies and people tend to get lost in them until the lies merge with the truths.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

So if the booklet contains a total of 90 bio's then it would be interesting to see how many other bio's listed incorrect info...by mistake...not on purpose....

Seriously I have no problem entertaining the idea it wasn't on purpose. It just seems that all these little untruths add up over time....and with the John Edwards trial...it just makes you go hmmmmmmmm.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What? I am stunned...

Not born here?

Obummer? Say it's not so.

Who would have thunk it?

MSM Fail
edit on 17-5-2012 by kawika because: added link

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If there was a mistake in the publishing, don't ya think he would have pointed it out? If I was featured in a book and it said I was born in Alaska, which I was not, I am sure I would have raised the issue. At least the error should have been fixed in latter editions.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Hmm. I hadn't heard anything about an alleged other father...but the name doesn't sound like that of a black man, and Obama definitely looks like his father was. Will look into this later.

Regardless, let's not forget that Hawaii also had/has a statute allowing babies born elsewhere to receive a certification of live birth, and if Dunham was coming back to the US very soon after birth, it's entirely sensible that she would have had the birth announced locally, even if it took place elsewhere...I doubt there would be any legal restrictions on such.

I do want to say that regardless of the truth of the matter, we're arguing a technicality that I'm not sure how worried we are should apply otherwise (rule of law aside)...but I don't like the implied shadiness, or quite a lot of what Obama has done with his presidency - disclaimer there: I also HATED a lot of what Bush did with his, but didn't have a potential 'out' since we couldn't get anyone to prosecute...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
So, we have a newspaper on the day of his birth saying he was born in Hawaii.
And a booklet many years later saying he was from Kenya.

What to believe...what to believe...
edit on 17-5-2012 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
pretty damaging circumstantial evidence.

where would they get the idea, if real, that obama was born in kenya, if not from obama himself.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
I see The Drudge Report just put it up as the main story. You heard it hear First/well 2nd... etc.

Very interesting.

Why yes, yes they did.

amazing.

+8 more 
posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon

Close, but not quite. There are subtle, but important differences.
"We have a newspaper several days after his birth saying he was born to parents that resided in Hawaii."
Fixed that for you.
edit on 5/17/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: clarification of date of publication

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I am soooooooooooooo glad you beat me to it Anon72 because I was just about to post this. However, I've had my head handed to me by posting Obama threads in the recent past so, I sorta resigned from it.

Yup. Nothing new to us!!

Good job OP!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by anon72

ok, what if barack obama was born in hawai ? and the birth certificate is real ?

edit on 17-5-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

Ok, and what if I could crap 24K gold nuggets? The point is that the evidence continues to pile up that the narrative that Barry and the lamestream media want us to swallow; hook, line and sinker, is a farce! Every month some new piece of historical evidence is found and reveled that directly contridicts everything barry has told us about his past.

WAKE UP - PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

Originally posted by xEphon

Close, but not quite. There is a subtle, but important difference.
We have a newspaper several days after his birth saying he was born to parents that resided in Hawaii.
Fixed that for you.

So, you're implying that Obama was born in Kenya, his parents found residency in Hawaii, decided to fly their less than a week old son from Kenya to Hawaii, and then contacted the local paper to report on it?

Sorry if I fail to see the subtle difference.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join