It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive - Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Haw

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It's funny, because just last night, I was thinking.. if something happened to Obama to where he can't run and Ron Paul pulls through at Tampa... He is automatically president lol

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Kudos to you....the person you replied to, would probably need the Mona Lisa explained to them with a paint by numbers kit.

Des

edit on 17-5-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

The booklet, which was distributed to "business colleagues" in the publishing industry, includes a brief biography of Obama among the biographies of eighty-nine other authors represented by Acton & Dystel

So that's 90 biographies in one booklet - are we assuming no errors were made? How unlikely would it be that the publisher made a simple mistake that went unnoticed until after printing? How many times did people hear how his father was from Kenya and just assumed he was too? This doesn't prove anything, other than Birther's have always attempted to capitalize on his connection to his father's Kenyan roots. I'm sure a lot of people in Obama's past made the mistake, even in print, of thinking Obama was also from Kenya.

This proves otherwise:

Exactly this! ^^^^

90 biographies in a pamphlet that Obama was probably unaware of, and certainly wasn't given a chance to edit it, after production.

Anyway the company that produced the booklet/pamphlet was publishing Obama's book, "Dreams from my Father." Barack Obama Senior was born in Kenya, so it's easy to see how this error happened.

Obama was born in Hawaii! Get over it!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
It's funny, because just last night, I was thinking.. if something happened to Obama to where he can't run and Ron Paul pulls through at Tampa... He is automatically president lol

No....Biden would be President, until the elections.....heaven forbid....

Des

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
One idea seems to be that she took some time off school to fly to Kenya

Well this would be a stretch. Considering that there were no flights set to Kenya from Hawaii during those years. There were connecting flights, maybe one or two for the year, which would probably stop at multiple destinations before reaching Kenya, but those flights would verywell take over a day before the arrival to Kenya. Not to mention that Dunham was a pregnant teen, whether she'd be allowed on such a long flight, whether she'd even be able to afford it, is questionable.

You will need to logically explain away how likely this would be.

link   
Oh snap!

Rabble trousers unite! Or was it rousers?

Here we go down the rabbit hole, everyone lift their arms to the sky and start screamin' because it is going to be a Wild ride!

link   
reply to post by windword

It amazes me how Obama supporters can keep scratching excuses for him out of thin air.

Des

link   
I see a pattern by Mr. Obama of omitting info or not disclosing or clarifying the truth....

A public admonishment of Dimon and JPMorgan is expected. That Obama banks with JPMorgan is little known. To satiate the public’s views on Dimon after the financial loss, Obama is doing what any President would do in an election year. He is lying to the American public by omission; making reality appear to be one way while neglecting to disclose the truth.

Source

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Unfortunately, that point is still up in the air and unsettled for sure one way or the other, despite how much I wish it would be either way.

Tired of it dragging on and the bickering it engenders. I personally fall down on the other side of it, but at this point could honestly care less either way and still believe Obama likely was a better option than Mccain - and I believe the other democratic option would have been Hillary...not sure how I feel on the Obama/Hillary split. None of them would be good options, IMHO, so ultimately I don't think it matters a great deal.

Sad, I know.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

It's an interesting find. But let's look at who this pamphlet was written up for

The booklet, which was distributed to "business colleagues" in the publishing industry, includes a brief biography of Obama among the biographies of eighty-nine other authors represented by Acton & Dystel.

A promotional booklet produced to entice people in the publishing industry to invest in a book would be far more interested in getting investors than being truthful. Is the story of a man born in Hawaii less interesting than one born in Kenya to potential investors?

Probably.

Honestly, I think most of the "Obama's a Kenyan" arguments are a distraction from policy. Breitbart himself (the guy, not the media group) agreed. So does just about every Pundit on the Right, from Limbaugh to Coulter.

Not that any of that will ever sway those who find themselves so distracted by this birther issue.

No, that does not mean I am defending Obama. It means I'm applying critical thought to the subject presented.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Ergo, one could logically conclude that ANYONE could have called the paper, from ANYWHERE,

But of course, when it comes to small news articles or literary booklets where it states Obama as Kenyan born, no no no, those couldn't possibly be mistakes right?

Do you have any evidence of a foreign born child being listed on one of those newspapers in the birth announcements? Instead of claiming it was 'just that easy' to list foreign born children on birth announcements, why don't you give us an example of one?
edit on 17-5-2012 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

link   
This story was already debunked by ... uh, err, eh, well...

This story will be debunked by ... uh, err, eh, well...

Somebody help me here!!!!

link   
Conan O'Brien stated on his show that Obama wasn't born in the US. I thought that was pretty ballsy and interesting. I mean he doe have to keep on on current issues and has a team of people turning over every rock to make sure they have the facts to write jokes about certain topics. Just found that interesting.

As for the document presented in this thread, I don't understand how he keeps deflecting the attention and people across the nation just let it happen. Our fore fathers and anyone that fought for the rights of the people are pissing their pants and rolling around in their graves.

So many "Americans" these days have no backbone. Pathetic.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

It amazes me how Obama supporters can keep scratching excuses for him out of thin air.

Des

It is disingenuous and inaccurate to characterize anyone skeptical of the kenyan story line is an Obama supporter. I'm not a supporter of the guy, but I don't think this proves anything other than literary agents dont mind lying.

If youve ever worked with an agent, you would know that.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

Originally posted by xEphon

So, we have a newspaper on the day of his birth saying he was born in Hawaii.
And a booklet many years later saying he was from Kenya.

What to believe...what to believe...
edit on 17-5-2012 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

Close, but not quite. There is a subtle, but important difference.
We have a newspaper several days after his birth saying he was born to parents that resided in Hawaii.
Fixed that for you.

So, you're implying that Obama was born in Kenya, his parents found residency in Hawaii, and flew their less than a week old son from Kenya to Hawaii, then had the local paper report on it?

Sorry if I fail to see the subtle difference.

No. What I am saying is that you claimed two things. 1) that the newspaper was published on the day he was born. and 2) that it stated that Barack was born in Hawaii.

Both of these statements are false. The publication date was some days after his birth. This can be shown by other birth announcements on the same page listing Aug. 7 as the birth date. The announcement claims no place of birth, only the address of parents.

As a third point, it does not even name the child, it just lists him as "son".

You can certainly have your own opinion, but you can't have your own facts.

I don't see how that changes anything...

For the paper to report it, it must mean that Obama was flown from Kenya to Hawaii when he was less than a week old...

Unless you're saying
A.) The Obama listed in the newspaper is some other Obama which happened to be born at almost the exact date as our President Obama.
B.) He was born in Kenya and someone called the newspaper to report that a baby was born in Hawaii to parents who didn't actually reside there.

I thought I stated it very clearly. What you said about the birth announcement is simply not true. I am not implying or saying anything else.

edit: Just some advice. You don't have the facts on your side. You should probably start calling me names now and attack my character.

Why would I call you names?

And what isn't true about what I stated about the implications of the birth announcement?
I admit it may not be on the exact day he was born; however, even if it wasn't, it doesn't change the fact that it was announced pretty darn close.
Close enough that either the announcement was a flat out lie (or called in for some unknown reason while the Obamas chilled in Kenya for a while) OR Obama was put on a nearly 11,000 mile flight in 1961 while less than a week old...in addition, it also means his mother had to travel TO Kenya while she was severely pregnant.

You said there was a subtle difference in my reasoning. I don't see how the birth announcement being a few days off changes that.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
This story was already debunked by ... uh, err, eh, well...

This story will be debunked by ... uh, err, eh, well...

Somebody help me here!!!!

Here....this may help you...

drudgereport.com...

Des

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Lots of smoke keeps appearing but people keep saying there's no fire....Hmm

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Des

It is disingenuous and inaccurate to characterize anyone skeptical of the kenyan story line is an Obama supporter. I'm not a supporter of the guy, but I don't think this proves anything other than literary agents dont mind lying.

And let's be honest. Saying he was born in Kenya like he was some distressed African who 'made it' sounds a lot better than saying he was an average Joe born in Hawaii.

But like you said, literary agents lying? Naaaaa.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

SG, short of Obama coming to your house, cracking a beer and admitting fully that he lied, you wouldn't believe Jesus Christ telling you! I have no idea why you even bother to show up on these threads and attempt to refute something you can't refute.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Des

I have worked with agents in the past. In the instance of a non-famous client, the bio info is provided by the client. No in-house resources are wasted on an obscure, one of the pack writers. Only time resources are utilized is when the person is a big money enough maker for their stable already. Then and only then, are outside writers brought in-house to fluff the material.

Obama was just another name in a long list of contracted names then. Not the President of the United States.

Des

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join