It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish aircraft were involved in fighting Israel over the occupied

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Turkish aircraft were involved in fighting Israel over the occupied

www.google.com

A serious incident occurred between Israeli and Turkish military aircraft, says a notice posted on the website of the Turkish armed forces general staff.

According to the announcement, Israeli fighter aircraft "violated" on May 14, five times the so-called "air space" in occupied Cyprus. The Israeli aircraft remained for eight minutes in the OPT.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I realize that many are not able to read the Greek language but as luck has it, it is a language amongst others that i am able to read and write. So back to topic.

Ever since Cyprus and Israel signed an energy deal and as some person a while ago suggested that Israel is to become the next energy state in the Middle East, it seems and everything is pointing to an unfolding event that has direct links to Greece's current financial issues. Israel in recent meetings has hinted that closer relations between Cyprus and Greece in exploring energy reserves is at the highest possible level. We must note that the U.S. has taken a keen interest in these events and is keeping a low key allowing Israel to be the nation that is going to take a global seat amongst a new geo strategical position across the middle east and the Mediterranean.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Do the Turkish have any rights over Cyprus airspace? No. I think they can complain as much as they like, but that's about all they can do.

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
We must note that the U.S. has taken a keen interest in these events and is keeping a low key allowing Israel to be the nation that is going to take a global seat amongst a new geo strategical position across the middle east and the Mediterranean.

Is that an opinion, or do you have facts to back up such an assertion?

Regards

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Well the Turks do have about as much right over Cyprus airspace as the Israeli's do over Palestine's airspace, so i guess the Israeli's can too only complain if their territory was violated, but then again the "international community(Zionism INC)" refuses to recognize Palestinian rights but turns around and condemns Turkish presence in Northern Cyprus, COME ON!!!!!!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Maccaron.Shakaron

Yawn. This has sod-all to do with Palestine. Why bring it up? Derailing the thread so early is just bad manners.

This has to do with Turkey complaining about Israel flying around Cyprus where Turkey has no airspace. The wider political context is that Israel is becoming more friendly with Greece and perhaps Turkey are miffed by this, hence the complaining.

Although, the Turks may wish Cyprus belonged to them after their (ahem) invasion and occupation, no countries recognise the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus as legitimate.

Regards

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
Do the Turkish have any rights over Cyprus airspace? No. I think they can complain as much as they like, but that's about all they can do.

We must note that the U.S. has taken a keen interest in these events and is keeping a low key allowing Israel to be the nation that is going to take a global seat amongst a new geo strategical position across the middle east and the Mediterranean.

Is that an opinion, or do you have facts to back up such an assertion?

Regards

Well lets see now, i could simply type out names and get several ppl in hot water or i could simply type out that yes i do have close ties with people who are active within the u.s. structure and stationed in locations throughout europe. So in short, yes, the U.S. is taking a low key stand on this one and is very much relaxed that Greece has always aligned itself with its allies however hard other groups have tried to cut any links to such obvious close interaction. As for if Turkey has any right over Cypriot airspace, well no...anyone who assumes otherwise is either a professional internet ( dude ) , or has simply been wrongfully informed about international law and the occupied region of Cyprus. You see, Cyprus is Cyprus and belongs to the Cyprus, it does not belong to Greece or Israel or Turkey. Given that many nations have bases in cyprus on a magnitude that equals that of morocco during the second world war and i am not referring to bases on a military scale. *wink.

P.S. You should visit cyprus as i did a while ago, lovely beaches, friendly people and obviously they all know how to read and write in english which helps when your a tourist.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Isreali aicraft violated Turkish air space !!
of course they violated .. they always violate everything and everyone
like they are the boss of the world^
and everyone should fear their wrath
thanks to the US who shared nuke tech with them a long time ago
they can threaten anyone very easy
turkey doesnt own nukes

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Well lets see now, i could simply type out names and get several ppl in hot water or i could simply type out that yes i do have close ties with people who are active within the u.s. structure and stationed in locations throughout europe.

With respect, anyone could say that as a way of avoiding coming up with concrete proof! The fact is that Greece does not need “permission” from the US to talk to Israel, nor is there any (public) sources I have seen which suggests the US is...

.. allowing Israel to be the nation that is going to take a global seat amongst a new geo strategical position across the middle east and the Mediterranean.

The UN has a presence in Cyprus and the UK has a couple of sovereign military bases, but not sure your statement...

Given that many nations have bases in cyprus on a magnitude that equals that of morocco during the second world war and i am not referring to bases on a military scale.

... is strictly true in the sense it’s a bit of an over exaggeration although the British do allow their facilities to be used by other allies.

The rest I can whole heatedly agree with you.

Turkey is very sensitive about Cyprus. They need to get over it!

Regards

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

As the history goes mid-1950s, the Greek part of the Island wanted to merge with Greece, formed a paramilitary police force, and started terror actions against British military forces, as well as those who did not like the idea of merging with Greece, i.e. the Turkish-Cypriots. Actions from Turkey later were to protect the Turkish-Cypriotic minority against the paramilitary Greeks, and to secure the Cyprus does not slip away to Greece.

So, my vote on this topic clearly goes in favor of Turkey, they did the sensible thing.

However, the Israeli fighter was in the Turkish airspace, and not only in the Turkish-Cypriotic airspace. The distinction of this is not too tight today, as Turkey is the military guarantor for Turkish-Cypriotic state, but is also just a stone cast from their part of island.

To add to the confusion, Israeli air-force has traditionally trained in the Turkish airspace, up until countries relations heated up due to the Gaza ship raid, and followed diplomatic pie-casting competitions. Now, as the energy business goes, Turkey does not see it lightly the Greek-Cypriotic part of the island sidestepping towards Israel.

Gas, and fiery mentality, add odd politics, and it could turn up anything.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
NO love lost between Turkey and Greece. I seem to remember back in the 70's they almost went to war at an airshow.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Turkey has been rattling its sabres at Israel ever since the flottila raid.

Rather immature in my opinion. Those "peace activists", attacked armed Israeli commandos with knives and metal bars. If i attacked an Israeli commando with a knife i would fully expect my brains blown through the back of my head. These men wanted to be martyred.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

But was that before or after they were swept with a hail of gunfire?????

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
Turkey has been rattling its sabres at Israel ever since the flottila raid.

Rather immature in my opinion. Those "peace activists", attacked armed Israeli commandos with knives and metal bars. If i attacked an Israeli commando with a knife i would fully expect my brains blown through the back of my head. These men wanted to be martyred.

The slight problem in that thought was, all this happened on international waters, with no what so ever legal base. This was a ship on humanitarian mission, including Swedish representation. So, when the Red Choir from Kibbutz hit the deck, sure, the Turks had all the rights of the world to protest. Against state piracy.

But, when the armed commandos shot these folks to kill - that earns them the right to be shot on next available opportunity - right?

And, that makes all this so interesting, what comes to this airspace violation.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Hate when i see ignorant posts such as this. FRANCE GAVE ISRALE NUKES, NOT THE US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Ben81
turkey doesnt own nukes

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

turkey doesnt own nukes

Actually, the U.S. never shared nuke tech with Israel, but they have shared nukes with Turkey. Turkey is one of 5 NATO allies with the U.S. whom the U.S. has very quietly, though not secretly given a large number of nuclear warheads to, the other 4 are Germany, Belgium, Holland and Italy. Technically, the warheads are still owned by the U.S., but they are under the effective control of these 5 militaries.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Cyprus,,occupied,,still?
Always thought Canada ,,Cyprus,, was resolved long ago,,
any x Canadian Military who served in Cyprus? still alive????

Hmmm,, North and a South,,still??

Ya the *Days of the Canadian Peacekeeper* otherwise know as "Canadian Military",,ohh i was so proud of that ,,as a child.

And then we lost our Security Council Seat,,,permanent Seat in my Opinion,, but hey i'm sure the Govt. got a good return on Investment for Canadian Military,,Blood.

Me.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
France assisted Israel in getting the bomb NOT THE US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
most nato nations have nukes, although greece at times has admitted to store air to ground nukes for nato. So before anyone goes crazy, yes, most nations have a little ace in their back pocket just in case a so called neighbor nations have a superior complex syndrome and decide to go ape # on a neighbor. As for turkey flying over occupied cyprus or northern cyprus, well lol to anyone who assumes that turkey has any right over any nation other than its borders. As for Israel, well its been said before and ill just repeat it once more cause im bored, Yes, Israel is becoming the next energy state in the middle east and if you do not like that, well i guess its time to move to another planet. What you all thought those mini wars last few months in North Africa and Middle East were about democracy .... ?

edit on 20-5-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Doesn't Israel have enough problems on its plate already without meddling in the business of Cyprus?

Cyprus? Really, Israel? What's the matter, screwing things up in Palestine/Lebanon/Syria not enough anymore?

Planet earth to Israel: Mind your own freaking business. Clean up your own self-created mess before sticking your hands in other pies.
edit on 5/20/2012 by FailedProphet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

turkey doesnt own nukes

Wow. Are you being serious or just trying to be funny?

Nobody violated Turkeys airspace. Turkey on the other hand routinely violates other nations airspace, and actually occupies part of a sovereign country.

heres a few facts for those not so well informed..

Turkey invaded, illegally, northern Cyprus in 1974. Although it was illegal, it was backed and pushed for by the British and Americans. Kissinger is one of the top names on that list.
Cyprus is a very strategic and important part of the world. Keeping it divided between Turks and Greeks, and basically in limbo, means that the world powers can continue to basically hold power over the wider region.
It is home to TWO British military bases.
It is home to at least one listening station.
It is a hive of activity when it comes to foreign agents. Here's a hint. American, British. Russian, Chinese, other European, Greek, Turkish, Israeli, and of course Cyprus' own agents.
So much goes on that people don't know about.

Of course nobody recognizes Turkeys occupation as being legal, let alone the illegal state declared in the north by Turkey.
There are UN resolutions against the occupation and against the illegal state in the north.

If you try and buy a property in the occupied north of Cyprus, make sure it wasn't previously owned by a Greek Cypriot, because the law recognizes the Greek Cypriot owner as being the legitimate owner still, and you will lose your property and money if the matter is taken to the European Courts. And many cases have been taken and many people, particularly British, have lost millions as a result of being duped by Turkish Cypriots selling property.

Cyprus is recognized as the single and only state on the island, it's government is the only legal authority on the island recognized the world over and by International Law.

Since Israel discovered gas, that was right next to the maritime boundaries with Cyprus, Cyprus decided to search too. Agreements for boundaries etc were signed between multiple countries and Cyprus.
This pissed off the Turks because it meant they wouldn't get a slice of the pie. Not that they are entitled to a slice of the pie since now of that pie is in Turkish territory. And here lies the problem but I'll get to that later.

So exploration was conducted in one area of Cyprus' EEZ by Nobel Energy, the same company that did the search in Israel. An Israeli company was also involved. The now infamous Block 12, which has a substantial amount of gas.

Israel and Cyprus basically agreed that Israel would help protect the drilling rig in Cypriot waters.
Turkey threatened to send it's navy. It never came.
Turkey started sending F16's to fly around the area, but there were already Israeli helicopters in the area, and the Turks never came too close.

There was an incident were Turkey sent some F16's, fully loaded, straight toward Israel, and turned them around at the last minute before violating Israeli air space.
Israels response was to send it's F16's right up to Turkeys air space too, flying right over Cyprus AFTER getting permission from authorities in Cyprus to enter Cypriot air space. A big message to Turkey.

Turkeys response then was to say it would drill for gas in the north of Cyprus. Nothing has happened on that as far as I know.

Cyprus has issued a new round of tenders for even more blocks in it's EEZ. Turkey has again started complaining and threatening everyone.

Israel wants to build a pipeline with Cyprus and Greece.
Israel & Greece have signed defence agreements including agreements related to Turkish aggression.
If Turkey attacks, Israel and Greece will attack Turkey together. That's how serious they are taking this.
Israel also wants to station some of it's F16's or F15's in Cyprus. Another sign of how serious this all is.

Now, another fact people should be aware of, that will make it very clear how hostile and aggressive Turkey is, and what a real danger it is to stability and peace in the region. It always has been the cause of instability and security issues in the region, but now it has pissed off Jerusalem and by extension Washington, and it is becoming more clearer to the rest of the world to the point that it cant be denied any more.

Look at a map of what Turkey claims is the occupied north of Cyprus' air space. Look where it extends.

To top that off, Turkey claims IT has rights in Cyprus.
Turkey has rights in another sovereign country?
Turkey has a say in how and what that country does?
Turkey should share in the spoils of that country's natural resources?

Israel & Greece & Cyprus getting close is no coincidence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join