It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Russians, but exercises take place today in Denver & DIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
After the hub-bub over the Russians training here in Colorado and the supposed hoax part of it involving the CIA building and DIA, seems like we are having part of the same drill today, but no mention of Russians.

I first saw this on 9news Denver moments ago and it was confirmed on the Denver Post site as well. Viewers were warned about the exercise taking place today and not to worry when seeing multiple Blackhawk helicopters taking off and landing in Denver and Denver International Airport. Very interesting considering the supposed hoax/rumors surrounding the Russians and the Russians will be here very soon anyway, this week I believe, but I could be wrong on that one. I wanted to post this because I find it interesting how it is so close to the "hoax" exercise involving the Russians and this went unannounced until 45 minutes before happening. Also, where I live, in Douglas County, we will be having the first-ever evacuation drill exercise on the 19th, taking place in Highlands Ranch. So many exercises happening, too, makes me wonder what the push is?

Here are individual stories:

www.denverpost.com...

"DENVER—Nearly a dozen helicopters will fill the air as Denver-area emergency crews practice for a mass disaster.
The exercise Wednesday is a major test of the National Disaster Medical System. It will involve more than 200 simulated patients, 11 metro-area hospitals, 10 ambulances and 10 helicopters. Part of the exercise will involve Denver International Airport.

The program is designed to coordinate medical care in national or international emergencies."

"DENVER - Denver residents may see and hear some activity in the skies about Denver Wednesday morning.

Residents should not be alarmed because it is all for a drill exercise.

Several Black Hawk helicopters will be landing and taking off from Denver Health between 8 a.m. and noon.

Residents may also want to steer clear of Speer Boulevard between 6th and 8th avenues. It is expected to be very busy during the exercise in Denver."

www.9news.com...

ETA: Here is the evacuation flyer for our area here that I mentioned. The site mentions reasons for evacuation, including suspicious device, flood, fire, earthquake, hazardous chemicals. I just find it interesting that we never had this before, at least that I'm aware of, and we as a state and as a country seem to be drilling for everything under the sun the past year:

www.dcsheriff.net...
edit on 16-5-2012 by mountaingirl1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mountaingirl1111

yea we all know that terror attacks, near earth asteroid passes, earthquakes and other "natural" disasters "coincidentally" have a way of happening during drills and excercises such as this. As far as choosing the DIA..................just another coinkydink!

It would be interesting to see if other "unrelated" events, drills, conventions or Presidential, Presidential family members, Presidential staff members, or corporate/banking events happen to happen in the next few days

And why DIA to hold a mass casualty fly-in drill?

I wonder what the MSM will give us a distraction today?? Can't wait to find out

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert
reply to post by mountaingirl1111

yea we all know that terror attacks, near earth asteroid passes, earthquakes and other "natural" disasters "coincidentally" have a way of happening during drills and excercises such as this. As far as choosing the DIA..................just another coinkydink!

It would be interesting to see if other "unrelated" events, drills, conventions or Presidential, Presidential family members, Presidential staff members, or corporate/banking events happen to happen in the next few days

And why DIA to hold a mass casualty fly-in drill?

I wonder what the MSM will give us a distraction today?? Can't wait to find out

Ha, well, there's always NATO this week ;0

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
So it probably was a drone, as part of this exercise.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
So it probably was a drone, as part of this exercise.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You make a good point! I saw that on the news here this morning, wondered that myself, after seeing the FAA approval for the drones this week. They said it was flying at 8000 feet above see level, so slightly less than 3000 feet above the city of Denver, not very high.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Another "Don't be alarmed when you see military helicopters all over because it's just an exercise" announcement.
That way when the real deal goes down everyone will carry on normally.
My question is what the heck are they prepping us for?
If not, then they are finding ways to waste millions of taxpayer dollars to legitimize their positions.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It is bio-hazard training @ Denver Health Medical. How many of these drills do we need before the sheep people start wondering. We had emergency training at the local schools the other week. The notice said, don't be alarmed- we are just practicing. Reserves, fire & rescue anyone with an official vehicle was there.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Another "Don't be alarmed when you see military helicopters all over because it's just an exercise" announcement.
That way when the real deal goes down everyone will carry on normally.
My question is what the heck are they prepping us for?
If not, then they are finding ways to waste millions of taxpayer dollars to legitimize their positions.

EXACTLY. Why, in a time when we are in such an economic hellhole, are we spending unknown amounts of money? What is the actual, credible threat we are supposedly preparing for?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
It is bio-hazard training @ Denver Health Medical. How many of these drills do we need before the sheep people start wondering. We had emergency training at the local schools the other week. The notice said, don't be alarmed- we are just practicing. Reserves, fire & rescue anyone with an official vehicle was there.

That's like here we are having these evacuation drills, simply because it's a good idea to know how to evacuate due to flooding, fire, earthquakes, explosive devices, and hazardous chemicals. Okay, how much of douglas county is prone to flooding? the only flood warnings i've ever seen are down by the South Platte and the people there don't get evac drills for flooding, not to mention everything is so hilly here, I don't know. Okay, so fire. Wildfires. I guess that's a good one, but no other areas practice evac drills and look at what happened w/ the north fork fire. People knew to evacuate, but 911 told them there was no threat, no fire in the area and people died. besides, for most of douglas county to be affected by rampant wildfire, it would have to cross over the foothills, across multiple highways for the most part. Earthquakes. weren't we told last summer that quakes were rare here and that quake we all felt was really on the NM border. Also, I didn't know that earthquake evacs were a big thing? Maybe for big office buildings, shopping malls, etc., there's protocol, but they're focusing this exercise on residents. Then there's the terror aspect. This has been burned in the minds of Coloradans for the past year. Numerous coordinated exercises, school kids participating in their own fake death due to terrorists, now my daughter is having terror drills at school. Whatever happened to not frightening the children?

I think the goal here is to desensitize Americans to what is an ever-growing military prescence in America. Just look at the stuff with NATO. Or (and) they are preparing for some actual threat they aren't telling us about. My opinion is that we are going to war... here. The drills, the drones, the exercises... it's nuts. Are our military people and first responders so incompetent that they need to train a million times a year for the same thing? No, I'm sure they're not dumb and neither are we. Look at the U.s. a year after 9/11 and compare it to now. You'd think stuff would be more stringent immediately following a "terrorist attack", not 11 years later.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
not worried about great hordes of spetsnaz in colorado...at all.....
GO WOLVERINES!!!!
failing that there is cartman

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Everytime this country holds a massive drill or exercise, it makes my d*** itch. Ever since the london drills in 2003 and the US NORAD drills in 2001....seems like everytime they hold these something bad happens....

Like a train station is blown up, or planes fly into buildings.....Im not trying to draw any parallels here but you get my jist.

Everytime they make a Robinhood movie they burn our village down.....

Its 3 min in, good stuff

edit on 17-5-2012 by GrandHeretic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join