It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed drones now flying over the US

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

I think it's a big deal.
For example: What if you like to sun bathe nude and a drone is way up there taking photos? Total invasion of privacy.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Any proof it was armed yet?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Matters not if video is real. The fact is our Government is going to turn these things loose in the sky for "our security". Privacy has gone the way of the dinosaur for American citizens. TSA, Drones, Law Enforcement has been re-placed with military style actions. If you don't think we are living in a police state, you are fooling yourself.

How long will it be after the drones are in place and operational that the first action will occur? You know they do a false flag set up and use the drone to save the day, give us all a warm & fuzzy. CNN will talk about it for three weeks straight 24/7. It will be embedded in our minds. Let me give you another scenario with the drones.

For every drone there's a team that flys it. So somewhere there's a man or woman sitting at video game type controlls flying this un-manned death machine. Let's say Timmy is at the controlls & gets a "Dear John" text from his spouse. Timmy is all emotionally compromised & wants some payback. So Timmy flies his drone to the stadium his spouse is at watching a ball game( with her new significant other).

He finds her in the crowd with the drones cameras then sprays her & the crowd with 30 cal rounds, how many will be killed? I know it's not that far fetched of a scenario. Or if the drone " team" goes rougue? We do not need this here in America. It bad enough allready IMHO. Some have said on here shoot them down, HOW? Figure out how to jam the signal it get's and take it down, you'll never shoot one down with rifles and shootguns.

A police state, that's where we're at right now. It's called FEARDOM it re-placed FREEDOM long ago.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hey aren't these things hackable?

source

So who is to say that someone can't get control of these things and turn them against the US? This scares the crap out of me... reminds me of "Rise of the Machines"... Why oh why...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
If the SHTF, and for some reason, our government was targeting its own citizens with armed drones.. I'd rather have one of those suckers flying by, than an F-15 or F-22, fully armed. People cheer happily as jets fly over stadiums, conduct air shows, and fly over rural neighborhoods. No one seems to have much a problem with them for some reason.

I'd be more worried about the manned jets.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilian51378

Originally posted by stanguilles7
I really cant believe so many people think this video is legit.

Just LOOK at it. It's a super-imposed still image that in no way interacts appropriately with its background/

FAKE.

The person who uploaded it has received 25 thousand views so far. Thats a fair amount of ad revenue on youtube.
edit on 16-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

I agree with you, the video is fake.

By the way, how much ad revenue do you thing 25,000 views on Youtube will generate? I have a video that has over 1.6 million views, but I haven't generated much ad revenue yet...

Typically a person will make a fraction of a cent per view. So 25,000 views may be about 50 bucks SO FAR (ETA: views less than 12 hours later are now doubled to 50k).

If youve had 1.6 million views, and your content is all your own, you should have been able to sign up for google ad sense and recieve ad revenue totally about 1-3,000.
edit on 17-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Any proof it was armed yet?

Well, in the sense that it is a still shot of an armed drone superimposed into a video, then,yes, it's armed.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

With the sound of a jet engine added too...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 17/5/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I thought something was up with the angle it was flying at. This is more than enough to confirm its a hoax.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

With the sound of a jet engine added too...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes, but apparently 'that doesnt matter' that the video is fake to most in this thread.

Because, apparently, faking a video to highlight a problem is cool on ATS

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I know these drones are very high tech. But how would they fair with a net gun? My guess is that they would fall from the sky. Anyone know the range on a net gun?. I don't. I was reading this thread and the idea just came to mind.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by froglette
I know these drones are very high tech. But how would they fair with a net gun? My guess is that they would fall from the sky. Anyone know the range on a net gun?. I don't. I was reading this thread and the idea just came to mind.

Are you FREAKING kidding me?

A net gun?

Dude.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The armed drones must be a final indicator that the S--- is about to hit the fan. My guess is that all will culminate around the eclipse of Venus. June to December is the return cycle.

The government knows that things about to drastically change and are preparing for the change.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

Why care?
1) Because it's the equivalent of having a weapon pointed at you all day, every day.
2) It violates our Constitutional rights to freedom from unreasonable search.
3) It's an enormous waste of taxpayer money.
4) Drones are the tools of cowards, we have enough of those in government already.
5) We don't need them. These can do nothing to stop or find suicidal terrorists bent on self-sacrifice except take pictures of the carnage

Eta: they're going to have to do some spin control to get people thinking these are "good" for us - save the day in a terrorist situation, find some lost people, etc.
Public opinion on these is running more than 50% very against.

edit on 17-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Do you not know wind noise on a condenser mic when you hear it?
Look at the flag in the background, there's a very stiff wind.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Do you not know wind noise on a condenser mic when you hear it?
Look at the flag in the background, there's a very stiff wind.

I know a still image with the wrong perspective/angle super-imposed over a fluid background.

Dont you?

This video is fake. It's obvious. It was made to generate ad revenue. The youtube page is monetized. Look for yourself.

It detracts from the FACTS about drones over the US by spreading this kind of obvious hoax.

Be well.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

there's a very stiff wind.

And a distinctive jet sound...not a 4 stroke prop sound...

Then there's that video above showing how it doesn't move at all as it flies past and how it perfectly matches a still image...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyprex
I thought something was up with the angle it was flying at. This is more than enough to confirm its a hoax.

OP don't apologize because that will ruin your credibility for putting up future hoaxed videos to satisfy your attention span for wanting people to notice you!

Shouldn't be against the law to spread unfounded fear and paranoia. We need to be confused about who the real good and bad guys are, they want our reaction before they do it!
edit on 17-5-2012 by MarkScheppy because: ada

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
There is NO DOUBT this should be in the Hoax bin.

Fake Fake Fake.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
If the SHTF, and for some reason, our government was targeting its own citizens with armed drones.. I'd rather have one of those suckers flying by, than an F-15 or F-22, fully armed. People cheer happily as jets fly over stadiums, conduct air shows, and fly over rural neighborhoods. No one seems to have much a problem with them for some reason.

Nibiru must be interfering, Gaussian blur.
edit on 17-5-2012 by MarkScheppy because: agh

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join