Beautiful Artwork by Roberto Ferri

page: 1
6
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
There is nudity in this artwork by this famous artist so i hope its OK to place on BTS (after all it is artwork) if not i guess it goes to the garbage can..

Artist: Roberto Ferri (Taranto, Italy, born 1978) Paintings Drawings.

Roberto Ferri was born in Taranto in 1978. In 1996, he graduated from high school art "Lysippus' of Taranto.

He began studying painting as a self-taught and moved to Rome in 1999, explores the research on ancient painting from the beginning of the sixteenth to the nineteenth century, in particular, he devoted himself to painting Caravaggio and the academic (David, Ingres, Girodet, Gericault, Gleyre, Bouguereau, etc..)

In 2006, he graduated cum laude with 110 Academy of Fine Arts in Rome, during setting, for three years he studied with Gaetano Castelli and last year with Francesco Zito.

Inspired deeply by Baroque painters (Caravaggio Especially) and other Old Masters of Romanticism, Academism, and Symbolism (David, Ingres, Girodet, Gericault, Gleyre, Bouguereau, Moreau, Redon, Rops, etc..).

In 2003 - the first one-man show "Roberto Ferri and the dream of Parnassus" at the Centre of Contemporary Art in Rome. His works are already present in many important private collections in London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Miami, New York, San Antonio, Rome, Milan, Malta, Dublin, Boston, and the Castle of Menerbes, Provence.
Enjoy,peace,sugarcookie1





posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Exquisite and the use of light!
Gah, Dont know what else to say, except that video doesn't give enough time on each piece, such passion in paint!!

(also, if its against ats t&c this is one that should be let slide, art is art)
edit on 15-5-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


Thank you for posting the works of Roberto Ferro, sugar cookie 1.
I had not heard of this artist. My words would,nt do justice to these thought provoking works of art......



posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
Exquisite and the use of light!
Gah, Dont know what else to say, except that video doesn't give enough time on each piece, such passion in paint!!

(also, if its against ats t&c this is one that should be let slide, art is art)
edit on 15-5-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)



Thank you for posting..I think his art work is exquisite
id love to own some of his prints..
He seems to have a different twist in his art that i like..peace,sugarcookie



posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


Thank you for posting the works of Roberto Ferro, sugar cookie 1.
I had not heard of this artist. My words would,nt do justice to these thought provoking works of art......


MrJohnSmith
I'm glad you came in to look at the thread and his art work his work is breathtaking..peace,sugarcookie1



posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


Nice.



I like Alfons Mucha actually.

You should look him up.....




posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


Thank you for posting this, I was completely unaware of his work. He creates beautiful images of total brutality, completely turning the concept of the sensualists on their heads. The fingers digging into soft pale flesh has such incredible realism, and by using the mythological themes, he shows an even deeper aspect to the baseness of the human condition, which is the underlying reality of the Greek and Roman pantheon, making such beauty difficult to behold. I am quite breathtaken by the cruelty juxtaposed with such beauty. It's like looking at the world upside down, or perhaps better put, inside out. There is a profound truth in their beastliness, especially those that depict beauty and purity as bound and constrained, I expect they represent a perception of contemporary society that goes much deeper than the initial impact of the visual. Some are so deeply disturbing symbolically, that I don't think that I could live with them though, but I would love to see an exhibition of his work...I wonder, particularly, of what scale the paintings are in. I shall read up on them a bit I think...and see if any are housed in public collections, as I should imagine they are something altogether more when seen in person.

Amazing, thanks again for bringing this artist's work to my attention



posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Here are some still images, for those who might like to linger over the paintings...

blog.causticamagazine.com...

26.media.tumblr.com...

25.media.tumblr.com...

3.bp.blogspot.com...

fiercefragile.files.wordpress.com...

1.bp.blogspot.com...


This is the one that I particularly like...the fingers digging into the pale flesh...

bumbumbum.me...



posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


Nice.



I like Alfons Mucha actually.

You should look him up.....




I have seen some of Alfons Mucha work i love the one he did of his daughter ..Thank you for posting,peace,sugarcookie1



posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


Thank you for posting this, I was completely unaware of his work. He creates beautiful images of total brutality, completely turning the concept of the sensualists on their heads. The fingers digging into soft pale flesh has such incredible realism, and by using the mythological themes, he shows an even deeper aspect to the baseness of the human condition, which is the underlying reality of the Greek and Roman pantheon, making such beauty difficult to behold. I am quite breathtaken by the cruelty juxtaposed with such beauty. It's like looking at the world upside down, or perhaps better put, inside out. There is a profound truth in their beastliness, especially those that depict beauty and purity as bound and constrained, I expect they represent a perception of contemporary society that goes much deeper than the initial impact of the visual. Some are so deeply disturbing symbolically, that I don't think that I could live with them though, but I would love to see an exhibition of his work...I wonder, particularly, of what scale the paintings are in. I shall read up on them a bit I think...and see if any are housed in public collections, as I should imagine they are something altogether more when seen in person.

Amazing, thanks again for bringing this artist's work to my attention


Biliverdin
Thanks for posting..Alot of people don't know about Roberto Ferri and his art work..He is modern-day talent, painting in a classical style..I believe human sexuality in itself is compelling.I always feel drawn to the dark and baroque inspired paintings of his..If i was rich id own them all
peace,sugarcookie1



posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
Biliverdin
Thanks for posting..Alot of people don't know about Roberto Ferri and his art work..He is modern-day talent, painting in a classical style..I believe human sexuality in itself is compelling.I always feel drawn to the dark and baroque inspired paintings of his..If i was rich id own them all
peace,sugarcookie1


I've been searching for his work all afternoon, very little of it is publically accessible, and certainly not to me at the moment. I'm not usually a big fan of that style of realism, but the raw sexuality and violence of them is absolutely compelling, he, to be quite frank, pisses all over Caravaggio...and his sketches are incredible, those I would gladly own...the paintings themselves are a little opulent for my walls, but I will be looking to acquire some prints of his line drawings, much more up my street.

Great find sugar



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


Hmm vetty interesting thread sugarcookie1, I can only describe it in one word....."Boobies"

But on a serious note the dude is a good artist and it may seem the themes are more ball and chain sexually themed, and not the marriage ball and chain type, a bit obvious on that part. And even whole hybrids centaurs mermaids and what not, I bet he even has artwork of a little goat dude with horns and a flute or as I like to call him the Nymph's Cupid,
Somewhere there in his portfolio, or if not he will eventually most likely.

Ah yes its like the old Dionysus theme re-depicted, changed up a little here and there, blended with other things and more modern themes, and put to canvas and image in a new age.

But besides what people prefer or think of his themes in his artwork. You cant deny that the dude is a really good artist.



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


Fantastical! Classical art lives!!! This is just what I think when I see all the old greats... I want more of this! The pause button was heavily overused during the viewing of this video
Thank you for doing us all the service of sharing this with us!



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


Hmm vetty interesting thread sugarcookie1, I can only describe it in one word....."Boobies"

But on a serious note the dude is a good artist and it may seem the themes are more ball and chain sexually themed, and not the marriage ball and chain type, a bit obvious on that part. And even whole hybrids centaurs mermaids and what not, I bet he even has artwork of a little goat dude with horns and a flute or as I like to call him the Nymph's Cupid,
Somewhere there in his portfolio, or if not he will eventually most likely.

Ah yes its like the old Dionysus theme re-depicted, changed up a little here and there, blended with other things and more modern themes, and put to canvas and image in a new age.

But besides what people prefer or think of his themes in his artwork. You cant deny that the dude is a really good artist.


galadofwarthethird
Thanks for posting..His paintings are on the darkside ..I like the wings and snakes and all the weird stuff he dreamed up to add thats what makes his paintings to me interisting..And yes they are sexualuly theamed..peace,sugarcookie1



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


Fantastical! Classical art lives!!! This is just what I think when I see all the old greats... I want more of this! The pause button was heavily overused during the viewing of this video
Thank you for doing us all the service of sharing this with us!


3n19m470
Thank you for posting..Im glad you enjoyed his art work he is one of a kind and well worth the time to view his art work..peace,sugarcookie1



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
Biliverdin
Thanks for posting..Alot of people don't know about Roberto Ferri and his art work..He is modern-day talent, painting in a classical style..I believe human sexuality in itself is compelling.I always feel drawn to the dark and baroque inspired paintings of his..If i was rich id own them all
peace,sugarcookie1


I've been searching for his work all afternoon, very little of it is publically accessible, and certainly not to me at the moment. I'm not usually a big fan of that style of realism, but the raw sexuality and violence of them is absolutely compelling, he, to be quite frank, pisses all over Caravaggio...and his sketches are incredible, those I would gladly own...the paintings themselves are a little opulent for my walls, but I will be looking to acquire some prints of his line drawings, much more up my street.

Great find sugar


I dont know if you have facebook but he has one under Roberto Ferri and i think he sells his prints on there im not sure i dont do facebook this is something i was told..peace,sugarcookie1



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
galadofwarthethird
Thanks for posting..His paintings are on the darkside ..I like the wings and snakes and all the weird stuff he dreamed up to add thats what makes his paintings to me interisting..And yes they are sexualuly theamed..peace,sugarcookie1


I have to agree with galad on this though, they are the dark side of sexuality with strong themes of control, possession and co-dependency, which is why I personally don't consider them to be erotic. I was struck most by the reinterpretation of the traditional mother and child, whereby the child is suspended by the very tip of his toe from a chain held by his mother. To me this depicts the shallowness of overt and possessive sexuality, at the expense of love and nurture. I would say they are less about sexuality per se, than about it's degradation.

Either way he is very deep, and as I have said before, there is much social commentary to be gained from his work, just as there is from any great artist.



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
I dont know if you have facebook but he has one under Roberto Ferri and i think he sells his prints on there im not sure i dont do facebook this is something i was told..peace,sugarcookie1


I don't do facebook either (and long may it remain that way)...but I have found a couple of online stores that sell his prints...a little pricey though...I may have to be a little crafty instead



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
galadofwarthethird
Thanks for posting..His paintings are on the darkside ..I like the wings and snakes and all the weird stuff he dreamed up to add thats what makes his paintings to me interisting..And yes they are sexualuly theamed..peace,sugarcookie1


I have to agree with galad on this though, they are the dark side of sexuality with strong themes of control, possession and co-dependency, which is why I personally don't consider them to be erotic. I was struck most by the reinterpretation of the traditional mother and child, whereby the child is suspended by the very tip of his toe from a chain held by his mother. To me this depicts the shallowness of overt and possessive sexuality, at the expense of love and nurture. I would say they are less about sexuality per se, than about it's degradation.

Either way he is very deep, and as I have said before, there is much social commentary to be gained from his work, just as there is from any great artist.


Biliverdin
His art to me depicts dark aspects of history such as violence, intolerance, racism, aggressive nationalism, war and atrocity, abuse of others and of the environment in general and lets throw in BDSM and bondage..

I think Ferri's art to him is a turn on sexuality because of all the degrading ..To you and me its not sexuality appealing its just fine weird art and very deep on many levels ..

But anyway you look at his art its very well done some of the best Ive seen..I like his lighting on the body parts and how he shows the fingers digging into the flesh that makes it look so real and note how he shows one body as very dark and the other almost deathly white i think you get the drift of what I'm saying
sugarcookie1



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
I dont know if you have facebook but he has one under Roberto Ferri and i think he sells his prints on there im not sure i dont do facebook this is something i was told..peace,sugarcookie1


I don't do facebook either (and long may it remain that way)...but I have found a couple of online stores that sell his prints...a little pricey though...I may have to be a little crafty instead


I know an art dealer here in town ..I will ask him about getting some prints at a decent price im interisted in getting some also or maybe he can just print some off under the table for me that would be nice all i can do is ask i will let you know..peace,sugarcookie1





top topics
 
6
<<   2 >>

log in

join