It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easter Island Heads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I'm hoping this hasn't been posted, if it has mods please delete it

I just found this link this morning www.thethinkbox.ca...

'Easter Island Heads have bodies'.. or at least some of them do.

Petroglyphs are carved into the bodies (that are below the soil) and, at least one of then has a sailing ship carved into it.

Exciting stuff for me considering I grew up being taught they were just heads.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by blobzilla

Adds a whole new dimension to things!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I think those statues are a lot older than they say. I don't understand why they say they are only between five hundred and a thousand years old. Do they date things by clay pots and bones around there that could be much newer? Maybe someone dug them partway out of a mound about 800 years ago, they could be thousands of years old.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by blobzilla
I'm hoping this hasn't been posted, if it has mods please delete it

I just found this link this morning www.thethinkbox.ca...

'Easter Island Heads have bodies'.. or at least some of them do.

Petroglyphs are carved into the bodies (that are below the soil) and, at least one of then has a sailing ship carved into it.

Exciting stuff for me considering I grew up being taught they were just heads.

Hey their like ice burgs
. Anyways, how is this not more well known? You think something as important as this would be more well known about.

So what comes next? Are they gonna dig them all up to study further?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I've always been intrigued by Easter Island. I think it's because I always thought of it as such an out of the way place for something that interesting.

Looking at the rest of the statues they unearthed though, they look more like representations of the population that lived there, Polynesians, more than aliens.

Cool find.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
i posted about this a long time ago here -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

Ahhh, so ya did!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

And a pic to boot.....

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
That place has always fascinated me. I always joke that I want to move there! LOL

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
possibly representing the annuki? or the Nephelim?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I love this mystery. It's one of my favorites.

Tell me, just for interest sake, what are the current (historical and recent) theories regarding the heads?
Anybody have any interesting links to share?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I've got it!!! It's the world's oldest version of "Whack-A-Mole"!!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The statues were carved at a quarry laying flat. They were then transported to their locations. Holes were dug and earth moved in around the statue.
The hats were then put on.
Some of the dirt was never removed because the inhabitants ate themselves out of house and home.
The folks all died or left the island.
The hats weighed as much as 15 tons.
They used the earth like sand in the building of the Pyramids.
edit on 5/14/2012 by longjohnbritches because: s

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

Congratulations. Didn't see it that time.....thanks for the info.
Very cool stuff.

EDIT: Anyone seen "Rapa Nui", the movie? Talks about the story. Fascinating place.
edit on 14-5-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

Seems like others are always trying to keep knowledge to themselves and only let us know bits and pieces. If you get specialized training and join their organization then you get knowledge as it unfolds. That's life on this world. With the internet, a lot of this is available to all people if they know where to look. You still have to know how to find it though, a trick in it's own.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Amazing! The excavation looks like an overwhelming task, enough to keep archeology students busy for a while.
Does it seem like the backsides are more ornate than the front? I'd like to go there too -- as a tourist.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It is well known that these statues have bodies. They are statues to the gods. These large headed figures can be found all over Polynesia. The 'tiki' heads found in Hawaii are closely related. They are about as old as dated in the article. verbal history of the people that had ancestors that lived on the island also fit the timeline.

Easter Island is the only known example of where humans outgrew their resources. Population explosions occurred on the island, due to abundance of natural resources when the group of travelers (estimated 30-50 individuals) 'hit' the island. The heads were placed to please the god and act as a source of communication for the island and the outside world. All of the heads are placed facing towards the center of the island.

When the island population outgrew the resources, the elders told the people that the gods were not pleased and so more heads were carved. To move the heads from the quarry required using trees to roll across the island. The island, which was once a lush forest, is now barren because of the people cutting the trees and using them for the transport of the heads.

At the same time wars were breaking out between groups of people on the island. Groups would topple eachothers statues in order to be more favored by the gods using the logic that "if my statue is still standing and theirs is not I will catch the fish today". Eventually the people were forced to cannibalism.

Edit:
One thing to note is that we don't really know all that much about the island. There have only been a handful of studies and excavations done on the island.
edit on 14-5-2012 by CloonBerg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Interesting timing considering this other thread about the pyramids all over the planet and the geometry of the eye of horus

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I looked at the linked article, and had never seen the backs of these things before. I thought the figures on the back of the statue in the first photo looked Egyptian. Thoughts?

top topics

join