It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starship Enterprise could be a reality by 2032, engineer says

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neocontrip

Yeah you got that right. Most people have quintillion chance of getting but raped by a grey alien aboard some zeta craft then EVER getting aboard some government craft. A four thousand year old civilization of humans amounting to killing each other over stupid man made religions while flying saucers and real spiritualism is limited to the occult.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by joecool9887

I guess my point was more aimed at - what is the point aiming to build something like the enterprise if travel beyond our solar system isn't possible....yet?

It would be wiser to aim to setup infrastructure (moon bases, floating space yards, mining / refining depots, deep space comms networks & space weather stations), commence offering education / training not just the high achievers of the world in the next 20 - 50 years. That way it ( use of space ) becomes a part of day to day existence, then dreams of NCC 170D can be become reality a lot easier. I see massive leaps and bounds in technolgies if we go down this path. I don't think it will happen naturally if we commit to building a spaceship first.

Without the proper foundations, things will just take longer to achieve and possibly blowing costs, scope, time & interest/funding.

But, what do I know, I'm just a average everyday drone with no formal education in this arena, so all I am offering is an opinion based on passive interest.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
My fellow Trekkies and Trekkers,

I believe the technology to achieve something like that exists.Just think what levels the technology has reached after WW2,the 20 years time that the engineer says is within our capabilities.

It will need a lot of work,money and the cooperation of many scientists from different countries(which i believe is the hard part),but if Trekkies unite they can perform miracles.

And who knows maybe in our first test flight,someone will come to make official contact with us...

Live long and prosper

PS.Proudbird it's official:I LOVE YOU

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
We still cannot even break the Earth's gravity without the burden of 'diminishing returns' level of fuel on board rockets. "Warp drives" in two decades?

Mind: blown.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

ha ha, nice one.
2nd

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by one_small_step
reply to post by joecool9887

I guess my point was more aimed at - what is the point aiming to build something like the enterprise if travel beyond our solar system isn't possible....yet?

A few reasons;
1. It is possible but that technology hasn't been shared with us, the general public
2. They have made significant progress toward it being possible and have to have a vessel in order to test their technology
3. They want to appeal to TPTB as far as financial input goes and are using this as a way to get "investors"
4. Because it's there!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
If this was true then DARPA wouldn't be outsourcing for the first blue print of a spacecraft for the 100 Year Starship Program.. just sayin'.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Do you know how big a ship like this would have to be to grow enough food for a sustainable food source. Even growing meat artificially requires that we have basic materials and these materials break down to simpler forms after a while. Having a craft to get to the surface of a planet is important also, the shuttle will require extra parts to repair it. This flying city would have to be bigger than the Enterprise since there are no starbases out there. I don't see much more than a carnival ride for the rich being created to fly around the solar system. Meanwhile our planet will deteriorate into a burned out planet as we chase dreams that eventually will destroy earths ability to provide for humans.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Do you know how big a ship like this would have to be to grow enough food for a sustainable food source. Even growing meat artificially requires that we have basic materials and these materials break down to simpler forms after a while. Having a craft to get to the surface of a planet is important also, the shuttle will require extra parts to repair it. This flying city would have to be bigger than the Enterprise since there are no starbases out there. I don't see much more than a carnival ride for the rich being created to fly around the solar system. Meanwhile our planet will deteriorate into a burned out planet as we chase dreams that eventually will destroy earths ability to provide for humans.

It wouldn't need to be that big. MRE's would provide most of the sustenance. While soil free hydroponics could make up the rest of their dietary requirements. They can be stocked up on top of each other, so that would dramatically be a huge space saver. Water could continually be re-stocked from multiple sources starting with Mars.

While it's technically do-able to built something like this now, the costs would be insanely high & there would be little commercial benefits to any potential investors. Although there would obviously be huge scientific benefits to come from such a venture.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Fill the freezer with Butterball Turkeys & New York Strip Steaks.

Cereal for breakfast & Soup for lunch.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by joecool9887
reply to post by one_small_step

I believe we will see it(the ship) but we may not hit the speeds like light speeds for a long time. But we could still build a ship and travel at very fast speeds. Light speeds will take time and lots of it. We may even come up ways to travel through space faster over time and once space is mapped it will be much safer. Like I said this won't happen over night but we can do it.

You know the faster rate of speed you travel through space the slower time passes around you. This is called time dilation, and so you can simply allow time to do the work that velocity can't due to special relativity. As you build up speed you don't really move compared to the frame of reference in time you began in. You really can't go any faster at a certain point no matter how much velocity you add due to the mass of the space traveler and his/her craft being a barrier. This is because the faster matter travels the more mass it gains as trust energy stored in the traveling matter is converted into mass, gravity (like a freight train does storing kinetic energy for example as excess energy used in its propulsion is converted and stored in its total weight later to be used to subsidize the train's motion) is converted into gravity thus affecting time. Light can travel at its constant speed because it is said to not have any mass. Note: Its actually near to the point of having no mass as all forms of energy has some mass because they do respond to gravity and therefore must make some sort of indentation in the fabric of space. That takes mass. However if you were a light beam 100 million years would seem like a lot less time even though the trip according to the space around you traveling as a light beam was a 100 million years according to the frame of reference of time the space around you happen to be in.

The idea is to build up speed overtime traveling through space, storing kinetic energy like a freight train does, gaining more and more mass as velocity increases toward the speed of light which will turn the spacecraft and its occupants into a sort of time machine... relatively speaking.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

They found a way around that problem. Solution = Cigar Shaped Starship

They fold space.

Time = Zero

They make traveling around the Milky Way Galaxy very easy.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
To "add." The idea is to magnify energy because you can, you just can't add extra energy to the Universe, its total volume contained with in it due to the law of conservation of energy, so the concept is simply you magnify the energy used within your increasing frame of reference compared to the surrounding space you are traveling through. Therefore one does not need to follow the law of special relativity as it only applies to an outside observer. Something physicists seem to miss, or maybe they just don't want to deal with the math involved to theorize in gross estimations that really can't be mathematically proven as there is no real way to amortize it on paper. Because it would be like calculating compounded interest with a rate of increase involved with increasing interest rates before the rate of average increase is known, just like a variable mortgage. You can't predict the future unless you travel through it. A traveler, or probe, experiencing time dilation would have to experiences the time dilation firsthand and collect the data to formulate a usable curve at the end of the mission (an inside cloak to out side cloak comparison) The thing is there would be no way to send the data back, but whoever is around in the future at that time could use the data for further type missions.

Hope all this makes sense?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

They fold space.

Time = Zero

Well I think I have a bit of an open mind without my brains falling out. So please explain further?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

They fold space.

Time = Zero

Well I think I have a bit of an open mind without my brains falling out. So please explain further?

Just Google : Cigar Shaped UFO

Here is a video of one toying with the Russians.

Some of them are over 3000 feet in length.

It appears the Cigar Shaped Starship is the new and improved Aircraft Carrier.

Smaller craft are transported inside.

I'm guessing Lockeed built a few for us around 1988.

The guy who ran Skunk works at Lockheed Martin admitted it.

- Ben Rich -

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Ummmm I would have to learn more about what you are posting. At this point it looks like a lot of assumption at work in wanting to believe such a story. Sorry i'm simply being truthful based upon what you have presented thus so far.

I must tell you the Ben Rich quote

“We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity….. anything you can imagine we already know how to do.”
Sort of makes my eyes roll.

He worked for LM so it's not surprising that he would say such a thing. Every other person who I've either encountered in real life or on the net who has worked for that particular company seems to be.... uh, a little eccentric. I have reletives too that are Northrop executives, and they say the same thing about LM-er. They call them, "Luna Moonies." Yeah.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
i'm sure it'll be as real as our current cylindrical space station hotels and robot servants and self aware computers that we're all supposed to have been using since the year 2000.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall
i'm sure it'll be as real as our current cylindrical space station hotels and robot servants and self aware computers that we're all supposed to have been using since the year 2000.

Curious about your moniker... "Threadfall" related to threads of a message board or related to the works of Anne McCaffrey?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

So the cigar ufo is a fake?

Are they all fake?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

So the cigar ufo is a fake?

Are they all fake?

I am assuming you want to talk "belief." I can't prove or disprove individual belief, so how would you suggest I go about determining if something is fake or not? Can I prove or disprove the existence of a supreme being? I can't no more than I can tell if all the UFO photography, including the cigar UFO, are fraudulent or not. Some of it looks pretty darn convincing, but I'm not a photography analyst. I am sure any photography analyst might be able to determine the volatility of the photography involved, but when it comes to belief, that's a separate subject entirely which nobody on this planet can prove or disprove. To use the comparison of science and religion as an analogy, it's why science and religion are two separate subjects. On second thought, it may not be analogy, it might be the very same thing.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join