It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 800 Pound Gorilla in Ron Paul's Closet

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Government involvement in drug trafficking is well known. It is old news. They have admitted to it on more than one occasion. The reason it hasn't been brought up, and the reason that it will never be brought up is because Ron Paul is correct and there is overwhelming proof of it. The government knows this... the MSM knows this, so to bring it up would only strengthen Ron Paul's political clout. This isn't some kooky conspiracy theory that they could use to make Ron Paul look like a nut job, because there is overwhelming, case closed evidence to support his statements.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

The slope is very slippery. I like Dr. Paul but he is a politician in a political situation. We must never lose sight of that if we are to understand what is going on and just who we are dealing with.

Your right of course. I guess I want some much for things to change and for Ron Paul to be
different that it's easy to lose sight of the fact that he is still a politician.

Lately I've been doing a lot of reading on Skull and Bones, MKUltra/Monarch Programming
as well as the Mena Connection. Seriously scary stuff. It's kept me awake more than a few
nights. These are astonishingly vicious, evil people. They want their NWO, no question.
They are also extremely, cunning and clever and have both power and secrecy on their side.
I believe Ron Paul is an honest, forthright man, but it has crossed my mind that we might all be
getting duped again and Paul is only there to give us another illusion of choice. America has
been sold down the river by so many people these past few decades sometimes it's hard to
believe there's any good men or women left, especially in politics or law enforcement.

edit on 13-5-2012 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Why would this hurt Ron Paul??? This only makes him like one of the few willing to expose government corruption and bring it to light. This makes Ron Paul look BETTER than all the other candidates currently running!

The quip the video seems to make a little too big a deal out of though is when RP says "George... I mean the CIA gave Noriega 200,000 dollars..." keeping in mind George H Bush ran the CIA from 1976 to 1977, and that Noriega was a US ally during that time. Noriega and the CIA didn't have their falling out until 1980, and it was G.H. Bush who took out Noriega in '89. There's a lot of shady business between Bush, the CIA, Noriega, and Panamanian drugs flowing into the US in the late 70's and early 80's - there's no shortage of speculation that this drug trafficking was a source of funding for CIA-led operations to topple Marxist regimes in Latin America.

How does having Ron Paul point out the obvious hurt him now? I wish we had 100X guys like him doing exactly that.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
Government involvement in drug trafficking is well known. It is old news. They have admitted to it on more than one occasion. This isn't some kooky conspiracy theory that they could use to make Ron Paul look like a nut job, because there is overwhelming, case closed evidence to support his statements.

I hear what you are saying and acknowledge the same, but you may be surprised how many even here at ATS do not believe our governments are complicit in drug traffic. Moreover, the average Joe across the US would think anyone a whacko conspiracy theorist for suggesting such a thing. It is not common knowledge for common people.

I believe our national attitudes on drug prohibition would drastically change if people were to understand the reason for the Drug War is not to stop drug traffic but to control it and profit from it.

I am still amazed at how many folks scoff at the notion that alcohol is a drug, a dangerous one at that. Joe Six-pack has never realized that drinking beer at a sporting event is recreational drug use. That sort of enlightened thought is conditioned away from them. If they even dare tread into that reality most truly believe alcohol is vastly safer than anything on the "taboo" list otherwise their government protectors would never let them have it.

Those folks would never accept that their own government peddles drugs on our streets. For them it never happened.

edit on 13-5-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Why would this hurt Ron Paul??? This only makes him like one of the few willing to expose government corruption and bring it to light. This makes Ron Paul look BETTER than all the other candidates currently running!

The quip the video seems to make a little too big a deal out of though is when RP says "George... I mean the CIA gave Noriega 200,000 dollars..." keeping in mind George H Bush ran the CIA from 1976 to 1977, and that Noriega was a US ally during that time. Noriega and the CIA didn't have their falling out until 1980, and it was G.H. Bush who took out Noriega in '89. There's a lot of shady business between Bush, the CIA, Noriega, and Panamanian drugs flowing into the US in the late 70's and early 80's - there's no shortage of speculation that this drug trafficking was a source of funding for CIA-led operations to topple Marxist regimes in Latin America.

How does having Ron Paul point out the obvious hurt him now? I wish we had 100X guys like him doing exactly that.

My thoughts exactly. GO RON PAUL

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
To use an analogy from the machine shop it is almost like when one of those cutting wheels starts to cut into some tough material. There is wear on the material but also wear on the wheel. Ron Paul is really cutting his way into the political establishment in this campaign but at some point it will become more obvious that they are also cutting into him.

This is the normal give and take of how political alignments form, but Ron Paul comes from a position that is clearly outside of and in many ways opposed to the existing Republican consensus in a fundamental way. Ask yourself what the official Republican attitude to George H. W. Bush is and what Ron Paul's attitude, espressed on video tape is.

I guess the Ron Paul candidacy is a sort of litmus test for the Republicans and for the country. If the Republicans are able to integrate a foreign body like Ron Paul into the organism of the party, then maybe America can tolerate one remedy for its ills. That would bode well.

One of my favorite quotes from the classics is the one from Roman writer, Tacitus, words to the effect of, "At last we reached the moment when we could tolerate neither our illnesses nor their remedies.

Dr. Paul will know better than most about situations like that. In some ways his candidacy is a test of whether America has reached that moment

It is very interesting that Bill Clinton, one of the most popular American politicians over the last decades is a completely different animal from Ron Paul. Clinton balanced the budget more than once, had surpluses, but was no remedy for the illness that America had and has, the illness of pervasive corruption.

Bill Clinton demonstrated that you can swim in corruption and hold your own against the tide, but that moment in history has passed. America can't do that any more.

America would elect him easily if he could run again. Bill Clinton. What does that tell you about the situation in America?

Ron Paul is great but in some ways he is almost like a foreign anti-body being introduced into the mainstream of American politics. That's what struck me about the interview. Many here on ATS will say, "Great, it's about time somebody told the truth!", but as another poster already pointed out, that is not the way mainstream America sees things.
edit on 13-5-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Last time I checked Ron Paul is quitting his campaign. He never got many delegates.

Ron Paul also said "I cannot win the nomination"

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueStatePatriot
Last time I checked Ron Paul is quitting his campaign. He never got many delegates.

Ron Paul also said "I cannot win the nomination"

Ron Paul isnt dropping out,hes just not spending anymore,he is concentrating on the delegates,a strategy that so far is paying divedends and he didnt say he cant win the nomination
Try trolling elsewhere,you wont get far on ATS with claims like that

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
So pretty much: "There is no place for an honest man in a #ed up world"

You're not wrong, but the only thing I can think of to say is that the world is what we make of it. Nothing good will ever happen until people start caring about making good things happen. Empathy I guess, this nation and the world need to have a sense of Empathy as strong as the value people put in religion. At least that's what I think.

I guess Paul Republicans/supporters don't care too much for the reality of our world as it is now, they would rather think about what is going to happen in the future; then move to make an attempt at directing it that way. Fix the "#ed up world" before you try to put the honest man in there, the honest man is just there to let you know there are still some left. Paulites continue on despite the odds because 1) the truth is being completely told by our media and 2) most of them simply don't believe in giving up, no exceptions.

I think some people don't see what is at stake, either they don't care or are being fed by a malfunctioning machine becoming a small part of that machine themselves. American people have gotten lazy and are way too comfortable for a world filled with corruption and injustice.

The people who take actions to control the direction of the republic do so in a manner of now, what they want right now with a general trend of going towards a strictly controlled financial order, a very unbalanced one at that. I guess all this is really obvious and I'm preaching to the choir here.
edit on 19-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join