It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 800 Pound Gorilla in Ron Paul's Closet

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I think this interview footage is the 800 pound gorilla in Ron Paul's closet that will eventually emerge and take him out of the 2012 presidential race. I like Dr. Paul and I would love to see him in the White House in a Mr. Smith Goes To Washington sort of way, but I think the fact of the matter is that America is not ready to deal with itself just yet.

I mean that America is not ready to face, Dorian Grey style, the grotesque image of itself that it will see reflected in the mirror of a Ron Paul presidency. America can't allow any kind of glimpse of authentic self evaluation take place in any authorized venue in the land. To have a president with a clear view of some of America's most serious problems and convictions about what should be done about them is, at the present time, intolerable in the United States.

Ron Paul has been able to skate around the 9/11 issue by disavowing his supporters among the 9/11 truth community. People in the truth community will, I think, accept this, considering the overall size of the stakes involved for the country and the desirability of a Ron Paul candidacy in the larger context.

He will not, however, be able to skate around this interview, without the cooperation of the mainstream media and at what cost? In the real, pre-9/11 world, Ron Paul would already be being asked about this issue and would be challenged about it in candidate's debates and in the press. It hasn't come up yet in the surreal post-9/11 political environment, that I am aware of.

However, it is certain to do so, if Ron Paul's support increases to the point where he is a threat to a Romney coronation in the fall.

Scroll ahead in the video to the 14:00 minute mark and listen through to the 18:15 mark, approximately, and you will hear Ron Paul voicing acknowledgement of some of the long standing charges of drug trafficking being conducted by the CIA, and implying a conviction that those charges are true and that both the Republican and Democratic parties know about it and are involved in it.

I know this topic has been brought up before at different times but the video support for discussions like this keeps disappearing from YouTube. This video may be gone soon, too. Watch it while you can.

edit on 13-5-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Whats with the sudden upsurge in anti- Ron Paul threads
Reeks of desperation

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

I'm not anti-Ron Paul. I'm referring to a political reality that Dr. Paul will have to face eventually unless he too becomes nothing more than another political puppet.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I support Paul, but I completely understand what you are saying. It is sad really...It is one of those situations that leaves me wondering whether I should feel sorry for the American population, or be angry with it...A little of both I suppose. It is so frustrating at times, and it is hard to keep faith in humanity, let alone government.
edit on 5/13/12 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
This was a big story in 1996, published by the San Jose Mercury News. I believe they even had congressional investigations. I did not watch the whole vid; but, maybe that is in there. It was a huge issue with the blacks.

On August 18, 1996, the San Jose Mercury News published the first installment of a three-part series of articles concerning crack coc aine, the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), and the Nicaraguan Contra army. The introduction to the first installment of the series read:

For the better part of a decade, a San Francisco Bay Area drug ring sold tons of coc aine to the Crips and Bloods street gangs of Los Angeles and funneled millions in drug profits to a Latin American guerrilla army run by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, a Mercury News investigation has found.

Justice.gov

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Post 9/11 there are quite a few topics that are no longer discussed in polite conversations. This is one conversation, that happened pre-9/11 but which still has relevance. It is on film and is much harder to wish away in the interests of expediency for the purposes of the current political campaign. I think Dr. Paul will eventually have to address it. I would like to be able to say that America is ready to deal with this issue and some of the others, outstanding, but I can't. I think that fact is going to knock Dr. Paul out of the race, unfortunately.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ogbert

Yes, this is related to investigative work done by Gary Webb for the Mercury and by people like Mike Ruppert and by others who were actually involved in the operations out of Mena, Arkansas and wrote books about it.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Ron Paul will have no problem addressing this. The issue was mainstream news and there were congressional investigations. All he really says is that Bush probably was aware of the operation, as he was formerly the head of the CIA.

edit on 13-5-2012 by ogbert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ogbert

I hope you are right, but this issue, from the point of an honest person, has never really been dealt with, adequately.

I would, if I were a political journalist in America, be asking Ron Paul if he intended to revisit this issue and have it readjudicated by fresh faces.

The police records of these cases undoubtedly have unsolved murders in them, at the very least. This is a huge can of worms. Dr. Paul is vulnerable to political attack in this area, i believe.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I hear ya, but, Paul definitely has a gift for making reporters look dumb. I think he can explain his assumptions as reasonable, considering the congress was investigating this. He would turn it around, as we did not need to be down there in the first place.

Or something like that.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

You really think the MSM would want to bring this back up?
Even to paint Ron Paul in a negative conspiracy theory light, they would be re-exposing the CIA.
I think this won't become an issue.
Is this information "new" to you?
He's said something much worse before, and that was that the federal reserve and the CIA need to be disbanded.
How often does the MSM bring that up?
They're too busy trying to not mention him, to start talking about him AND CIA drug running.

Originally posted by ogbert

I hear ya, but, Paul definitely has a gift for making reporters look dumb. I think he can explain his assumptions as reasonable, considering the congress was investigating this. He would turn it around, as we did not need to be down there in the first place.

Or something like that.

Yes. He does have a way, and there is no defense for the CIA's position. I think this is an untouchable issue for people not like us.

~Dusty
edit on 5/13/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ogbert

If this issue were simply a matter of a quick verbal tap dance with the press, as 9/11 was, for Dr. Paul, then I would agree with you. I think there is more involved though. There are victims, in America, in Arkansas and elsewhere who might reasonably expect Ron Paul to address their grievances. There are political enemies of his who might like to see him challenged on how serious his convictions in these matters really are. There are perps in high places and their allies in the Republican party who have a more than casual interest in keeping Dr. Paul out of power.

These people have been active from the beginning of this campaign. They know he is trouble.

Maybe I am overemphasizing the liabilities of the interview I embedded, but it seems to me that Dr. Paul's enemies could find uses for it.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

You really think the MSM would want to bring this back up?

I don't really see them as that self directed in important matters. Someone might want to bring it up, in the right way.

Even to paint Ron Paul in a negative conspiracy theory light, they would be re-exposing the CIA.

It would depend on how things were done.

I think this won't become an issue.

You might be right. That will depend on a number of factors though, most importantly the degree to which Dr. Paul increases his support.

Is this information "new" to you?

I'm looking at it in a new way, in the context of the current campaign.

He's said something much worse before, and that was that the federal reserve and the CIA need to be disbanded.
How often does the MSM bring that up?

I've never heard it, but maybe they would consider that to bring it up would be to run free campaign ads for Dr. Paul.

They're too busy trying to not mention him, to start talking about him AND CIA drug running.

Yeah, but circumstances may force a change of attitude on this.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

This is not big news in Our Nations Capital; It is not anything much different with than Known C.I.A. Assasinations ( Guatemala 1956) , and Oliver North /Ronald Reagans well documented Malfiesences. Mr.Pauls statements about the C.I.A. & Drugs from a long time ago will have no relevance in this election.( Even though I know them to be entirely true)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Why would this hurt Ron Paul? They had congressional hearings on the issue, it's not like the claims were a baseless conspiracy.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by the6elf

There is a big difference between statements made by an obscure Libertarian politician a decade or so ago and convictions held by a reputedly principled candidate for the presidency. Dr. Paul's views on the subject in question are very much an issue, but not in the public media. You can bet that people in the money laundering industry in the United States take his views on the drug trade very seriously indeed.

Almost all of the big earners in drug trade related industries want the trade to remain illegal. Nobody wants to scrap the drug laws, as Dr. Paul is on video record as wanting to do.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

It wouldn't be accusations of lying about the CIA or smearing the good name of the CIA that would cause Dr. Paul difficulties. It would be repercussions in the political arena from members of his own party who are involved in areas that other candidates don't mention for reasons of political expediency, but which Dr. Paul is on video record as having firm ideas about. These are areas that might be expected to entail criminal investigations.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Then let it come to light; I believe the Majority of americans are Sick of the War on Drugs, and this could give Dr. Paul even more momentum.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

"
It would be repercussions in the political arena from members of his own party who are involved in areas that other candidates don't mention for reasons of political expediency, but which Dr. Paul is on video record as having firm ideas about. These are areas that might be expected to entail criminal investigations.
" Is that not a good Reason so many people support Ron Paul for President ?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by the6elf

It would be great if you were right on this. i would love to see a candidate run on this sort of thing, cleaning out the stables and addressing all the tough issues. Can it be done, can a campaign be run on that basis? I doubt it. Maybe a younger, more charismatic figure could do it, but it would be a very rigorous political marathon. I don't know if the American people are ready for such a campaign.

Of course a real great politician would take them with him, ready or not.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join