It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 800 Pound Gorilla in Ron Paul's Closet

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

No one really likes the CIA. Even the most unpolitically savy Americans seem to know it is shady.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by the6elf

Yes, but running and winning a campaign on that basis is a tricky thing to do.

I think Dr. Paul is choosing his fights carefully. His enemies will try to push him into more fights than he can comfortably handle. That, to me gets at the nub of why the embedded interview is dangerous in my opinion. It leads into complicated stuff that Dr. Paul doesn't really have the time or energy to deal with.

edit on 13-5-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

No one really likes the CIA. Even the most unpolitically savy Americans seem to know it is shady.

Yes, that's for sure. They are known to be corrupt and dangerous. Drugs.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Whether they like it or not, these criminals are going out back to the woodshed one way or another.

This world will not remain in the darkness so that they may profit off of suffering.

I do support ending the drug war.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Whether they like it or not, these criminals are going out back to the woodshed one way or another.

This world will not remain in the darkness so that they may profit off of suffering.

I do support ending the drug war.

I hear you, but I'm not as optimistic as you are about the situation. i really think that America is too corrupt on almost every level to deal with its problems. I think things will get much worse before they get better, but that is just an opinion.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Too many pessimists on here!

People need to break the cycle of fear and start standing up for themselves!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I am a Paul supporter but that just threw me. He said he thinks Kerry is on to something.
John Kerry? If you recall, John Kerry and both Bushes are members of Skull and Bones.
Their allegiance is to each other first and not the American people. Ron Paul knows
that. WTF??? Kerry would never have pursued that line of questioning to it's obvious
conclusion. And obviously never did. Looks like Paul didn't either.

William Russell (along with Alphonso Taft) established Skull and Bones in 1832. Russell
of the Russell Trust Company who made his money from the illegal opium trade from
Turkey to China. Skull and Bones is the backbone -foundation-whatever you want to
call it- of the illegal drug trade in America. Ron Paul knows that as well. To say that
Kerry was "on to something" is an understatement. Ron Paul knows that. Good God,
I think I'm going to vomit.

One other thing. Reagan knew full well what was going on. He was neck deep in this
sh*t! God how I get so sick and tired of hearing anyone, let alone Ron Paul, talk
about him like he was some kind of saint. Reagan took his marching orders from his
pedophile, drug dealing boss, George Bush Sr. Does anyone honestly think an arrogant
POS like Bush Sr, one of the super-rich, head of the CIA would ever play second
fiddle to an actor?

I hope you can see what I'm getting at here. Perhaps there is the off chance that Dr.
Paul didn't know all this back then. Gawd I hope so. But he sure as hell knows about it
now.
(sigh)Sometimes I really get tired of these rabbit holes.
edit on 13-5-2012 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

Yeah.

To really evaluate Dr. Paul, one has to watch how every nuance of these issues is handled. Dr. Paul has already distanced himself from the 9/11 truth community. Will he next distance himself from remarks he made on the corruption of the Republican Party (and the Democratic party) and involvement in the drug trade?

The slope is very slippery. I like Dr. Paul but he is a politician in a political situation. We must never lose sight of that if we are to understand what is going on and just who we are dealing with.

If Dr. Paul emerges as a serious threat to Romney, either these issues will not come up because they have been "settled" behind the scenes and will not be dealt with, no matter how the presidential campaign turns out, or, they will be used to attack Dr. Paul in every way, overt and covert, to remove him from contention for the Republican nomination.

edit on 13-5-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
If they use that to attack Ron Paul it won't do jack to swing his supports to worthless Romney camp. They will let Obama win before they would vote for Romney.

No matter who wins in November, we the peons will be screwed over like always.
Obama, Romney and Paul would continue to allow Corporate America to do as it pleases at the cost of working class. I don't see any of them willing or able to do anything to end the mass exodus of jobs in the US to India, and China. The myth lowering corporate taxes would solve job issue is a load of bull and we all know it.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Too many pessimists on here!

People need to break the cycle of fear and start standing up for themselves!

I never purely post for the sake of support but Sword, if could give you 100 stars, I would.

Nice comment and bang on!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I don't understand how you are stating this is a "800lb gorilla in Paul's closet"...

How exactly would this hurt his career?
I don't see anything wrong with his interview or remarks.
Matter of fact, I see well spoken and thought-out responses.
He knows how corrupt DC is, and I'm sure he wants an end to it too.

As I'm sure you already know, CONgress knows more about the drug war than we would believe.
This is more of a CIA issue and why they should be disbanded or defunded than anything else.
But again, they had CONgressional hearings and the media already covered it (up).

I was honestly reading this and looking for a real problem with Dr. Paul, to no avail.
There's no "gorilla" in his closet, more like affirmation of his stance on the gov't and drugs.
This could be used to smear the Bush name, although not needed...

I think you are grasping at straws here.

edit on 13-5-2012 by havok because: Clarity

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

I didn't mean 800 pound skeleton.

A big skeleton is probably what you were looking for in the thread. By gorilla I mean a big problem. The kind of problem that bites back. To cite an extreme case, JFK had some ideas similar to Ron Paul's about the Fed and about the CIA and about America's foreign policy.

Ron Paul has said that he believes that the Democratic Party didn't raise much fuss about the CIA drug dealing because they were involved in it, like the Republican Party. These statements could come back on him before this political season goes much further, depending on factors I cited earlier in the thread.

I didn't mean I had found out anything scandalous about Dr. Paul.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
reply to post by Bilder

I'm not anti-Ron Paul. I'm referring to a political reality that Dr. Paul will have to face eventually unless he too becomes nothing more than another political puppet.

I don't believe that admitting the truth and publically stating what most of us already knew to be true will hurt him any. His candidacy is a long shot already, but not because of this imo.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Shouldn't the thread title be "800 pound gorilla in the CIA's closet"?

Ron Paul also said "we have to take the CIA out"

Does it make his chances harder? You bet, which is why people support him, he is for real change by exposing corruption and not just handing out bailouts.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

No.. not gonna happen. Ron Paul is in until he wins or decides to concede/run third party.

They would NEVER bring up a Ron Paul smear this late in the primaries that would make Romney look weak and he would be taking a step back since he has already moved on to attacking Obama and claiming the nomination. If he tried to bring up something against Paul now then he would be admitting he doesn't yet have the nomination. There won't be anymore stuff said about Ron Paul in the media good or bad.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Thankyou for the clarification.
That makes more sense...

But...changing the definition to problem and I still don't see it.
Maybe for the CIA, but not anything that can bring down Paul.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Very sad that the assumption is that because he spoke the truth, that would somehow be a political detriment. It goes to show you how far off track America has gotten. Yep, elements within the CIA was and are drug smugglers (it's no coincidence that 2 of America's longest wars (Vietnam and Afghanistan) are in areas of the world where opium poppy production is heavy. And because of the fact that he was head of the CIA, Bush probably knew about it, was involved with Clinton in Mena to smuggle it around.

You're right though, it's that cognitive dissonance of people not wanting to see that they have been seriously lied to that prevents any sort of open discussion about topics such as this.
edit on 13-5-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Ron Paul has addressed this and he speaks about our drug laws very often. I can recall him even talking about it during one of the debates earlier this year.

That being said, I have not heard him discuss the involvement of the CIA and I really do not think Obama, Romney or the MSM will ever mention a single word about it. It will not come up. If they do bring it up, Ron Paul will just tell the truth and people will look into it for themselves and find out the truth. Pretty hard to pass him off as crazy when things like this have happened and been ignored by FOX, MSNBC, CNN and everyone else.

CIA plane crashes with 3 tons of coc aine on board.

Plane that crashed in Yucatan with 3.2 tons of coc aine was CIA rendition aircraft

Just google it and you will find many more reports on it, it was reported on by alternative media but not a single word from the MSM.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder
Whats with the sudden upsurge in anti- Ron Paul threads
Reeks of desperation

desperation? hows that. I want ron in the white house but im not deluded into thinking it will happen.

The only ones that are desperate are the people who support him. because sadly he doesn't have a chance

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It is not on Ron Paul to expose this gorilla, nor does he need to publicly acknowledge this, 9/11, or the other animals in the room, just cage and subdue them or at least turn them back out into the jungle. We expect Paul to do that much, whereas our expectations of any other president would to only become their keeper and caregiver as the others in the past have always done.

When all this corruption gets brought into the light there will be masses crying out for blood and punishment. We may never see that sort of justice come about but could once again rest easy if those beasts were all put back out to their jungle where they do little harm. We've too long put ourselves, our own society in cages to protect ourselves from their destructive nature. That must stop.

Our system of laws is what gives them their power to be destructive. In the case of illicit drugs they become virtually worthless outside an artificial blackmarket and only a danger to anyone that dares abuse them, unlike today where system feeds and nurtures them and exploits them in a three-ring circus where the dollars roll in at every stop.

edit on 13-5-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join