It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More bad news Paul supporters: Ron Paul polling low in his home state of Texas

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Yes, we are all being told by Paul supporters left right and center that Paul has all these supporters, and Romney doesn't, yet we consistently see Paul perform poorly against Romney the vast majority of primaries and in State polls (excluding straw polls!). To make it worse, Paul is polling badly in his home State of Texas:

elections.huffingtonpost.com...

It appears that Romney leads Paul by double digits! Texas is Paul's home state, he has had plenty of time to make a name for himself in Texas, he served here for more than 20 years, so, given this fact, and all this enthusiastic (but small) support, why is it that he can't even compete strongly in his own State? Because simply put, Paul's policies scare the hell out of even local voters in his home state, they prefer to have him as a representative but nothing more. And don't tell me this is all some conspiracy to silence his native Texas voters, Paul is no stranger to performing badly in his own home State when it comes to the presidential elections.

In 1988 during Paul's first attempt at running for the presidency, he didn't win one single district in his own State! Not even his own district! That went to George H Bush!
uselectionatlas.org...

What about 2008? McCain ran over Paul in his very own district in 2008! Paul won one county, one county and it wasn't even his own!
en.wikipedia.org...

So tell me again why we need to take Ron Paul as a serious contender anymore? It seems Romney has far more solid support over Paul. It's also clear that Paul's positions and policies aren't even supported all that much in his own state, not even in his district. This is the kind of reality Paul supporters cannot seem to understand, or don't want to.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Dont expect a whole lot of responses on this....there is a definite pattern for RP followers to simply ignore anything that challenges them on the subject.

+27 more 
posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
So why did you make this post?
Sounds like you have nothing to worry about.
I'll still be voting for Ron Paul thank you very much!!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

When you have Bush, and Perry representing the same state trying their hardest to make it seem like RP won't win...Those are the results you get...I can only come to the conclusion that Bush, and Perry are working diligently for Romney, but I think they are just wasting their time...

+13 more 
posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Yes, we are all being told by Paul supporters left right and center that Paul has all these supporters, and Romney doesn't, yet we consistently see Paul perform poorly against Romney the vast majority of primaries and in State polls

There's adifference between people who support a candidate and those who will vote for the candidate they're told to.

Ron Paul has supporters, advocates, boosters, proponents and upholders. Now on the other hand when I talk to people that said they're voting for Romney, they seemed less than enthusiastic.

MSM has a strangle hold on this election and the only way to change that is to get Pauls message out and who he is to the public at large. A daunting task, no doubt. But I, as well as the many other Paul supporters will do everything we can.

Ron Paul for President 2012!!

edit on 11-5-2012 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kbriggss
So why did you make this post?

1. Because I can. (It's my right as a member of this forum)
2. Because I'm interested in politics
3. Because I disagree with Paul supporters over their views that Ron Paul is 'winning'.

I'll still be voting for Ron Paul thank you very much!!

You do that, you are than free to write in his name. I'm doing the same with Kucinich. Go crazy, vote for Elvis for all I care.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

When you have Bush, and Perry representing the same state trying their hardest to make it seem like RP won't win...

But Konquest seriously, even in Ron Paul's own district he can't even win the majority of voters in presidential elections. How long has Paul being serving Texas for? Over 20 years now right? There is little room for excuse. Romney is well ahead, even in Paul's home state. This is a bad reality to Paul's prospects for the nomination.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

How long has Paul being serving Texas for? Over 20 years now right? There is little room for excuse. Romney is well ahead, even in Paul's home state. This is a bad reality to Paul's prospects for the nomination.

I'm not from Texas, but I guarantee they ignore Ron Paul their as much as they do on national television...I bet RP is still considered an underground representative in that state...It just doesn't make sense, the Bush's have so much political pull in Texas you can't be sure what is going on...

+3 more 
posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm voting for Ron Paul whether he wins or not, so it doesn't really matter.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I like Ron Paul.
But if he wins the economic system is dire, many economists say terminable, he will probably be sitting on his
chair at Whitehouse oval office , wishing it was an ejector seat. Because how do you solve a situation in a few years which really took generations to manifest.
Sometimes in moments of cynicism i wonder maybe they- the career politicians , there monied masters want it to blow up in the hands of the free mans hero.
So for a century we associate failure with mens freedom.

link   

Originally posted by satron
I'm voting for Ron Paul whether he wins or not, so it doesn't really matter.

How awesome would it be for a write in to win the presidential election?!!
I know a write in wont win because the people think that the two bozoo's on the ballot are there only choices.

Ohwell, we'll see

link   
I have to laugh at the pathetic attempts like this to attack Ron Paul. I have no clue if Dr Paul is doing as well as some claim he is. I am skeptical he is personally as i campaigned for him in 2008 and heard all the same things. No doubt he has a much larger following now and and the possibility is much more plausible. I would love nothing more then to have him win the nomination and shock the world that would be the ultimate slap in the face to the TPTB and the arrogant snippy Ron Paul haters...

link   
When someone like Ron Paul doesn't do well it isn't just bad for "Ron Paul Supporters," it's bad for all Americans.

If they only knew....

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I was also told Romney won a bunch of states Ron Paul grabbed most of the delegates in..... What's your point???

+3 more 
posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Those polls are over a month old and show Santorum as the leader
and Gingrich in there as well. A lot can change in a month....especially after recent huge delegate wins.

Also two of their 5 polls have 51% and 39% respectively, as voting for other.....Gingrich and Romney tied...

Not the best data to draw conclusions from.

Just noticed those two I mentioned are from 2010......the others are no later than march. I re state. Horrible data.
edit on 11-5-2012 by Vardoger because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2012 by Vardoger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
That's funny I am an eligible voter and haven't been polled once on these issues.

Why don't they ever ask my opinion?

This poll certainly doesn't represent me.
Of course RP's #'s will be low when you avoid his supporters.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zngland
I like Ron Paul.

It shouldn't be about liking Ron Paul though, it should be about liking our liberty and our constitutional rights. (a man named Ron Paul just happens to stand up for these things)

Unfortunately Americans look at politics like a popularity contest (who has nicest smile, who speaks the most eloquently, who has the best-fitting suit, etc).

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

Originally posted by Zngland
I like Ron Paul.

It shouldn't be about liking Ron Paul though, it should be about liking our liberty and our constitutional rights. (a man named Ron Paul just happens to stand up for these things)

Unfortunately Americans look at politics like a popularity contest (who has nicest smile, who speaks the most eloquently, who has the best-fitting suit, etc).

Gonna repost something I typed in another thread:

"However RP isn't about winning the Presidency to me.

It's about showing the slave masters that they better pull the trigger on this mass genocide stuff asap because we are going to strip them of power soon or they will eventually lose it through their own arrogance and poor chess moves or a combination of those.

It's a wake up call for everyone to get their heads straight and stop thinking like the ludicrous fantasy based commercials on TV want you to. Look at each commercial closer with a critical eye, you will see it's not about selling products, it's about brainwashing people into false normality and complacency and to focus primarily on consumerism and socialization, while promoting the notion to ignore politics, economics, foreign affairs, history, etc.

The presidency doesn't really even matter in the general scope of human existence, it's a minor detail.
What matters is that human beings need to decide if they want to live as slaves to the government and corporations or if they want to be free without being harassed or economically leeched by entities that don't protect their interests.

This is about how governments in all nations throughout history have a systematic pattern of wrongfully harming the liberties of people for countless reasons. Oppression by "authority", homegrown or foreign, the beatings still feel the same.

People are tired of being oppressed. They want to live life, it's the only one we got. It's short and brutal.
Why do the authoritarians always seek to make it worse for everyone when it's so pointless and unnecessary? "

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Sounds like Algore when Tennessee (his home state) cost him the 2000 elections.

Pretty sad when you can't win your own home state.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Sounds like Algore when Tennessee (his home state) cost him the 2000 elections.

Pretty sad when you can't win your own home state.

I don't think it's sad at all.

For some reason people think that just because you're from a certain state that everyone in that state is automatically going to vote for you. It doesn't work that way, and it shouldn't work that way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join