It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More bad news Paul supporters: Ron Paul polling low in his home state of Texas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

The only fact posted is that Paul hasn't won his own state or district.
Beyond that, there are no facts.

Polls are not facts, unless of course you wanted to say that "it's a fact that the poll was created." in which case, yes, it's a fact that the poll was created.

How it was created is a different story, and you cannot say beyond the shadow of a doubt that the polls are accurate.

Cheers
edit on 11-5-2012 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qemyst

The only fact posted is that Paul hasn't won his own state or district.

Polls are not facts,

The thread is about the fact that Paul is polling low in Texas for the nomination. This is true. You are more than welcome to dismiss this or turn it any other way.

I find this attitude funny from Paul supporters as we could never get enough of the strawpolls Ron Paul was winning at the beginning of the nomination, and then low and behold, it's irrelevant because it's Romney who is ahead. You'd can't pick and choose reality when it suits you.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

What about the FACT that your polls are two years out of date?

How bout that FACT?

So it doesnt matter that they arent accurate at this time right?

Nice to know where the lines are drawn for integrity

You'd can't pick and choose reality when it suits you.

yet thats exactly what youre doing instead of putting up polling data that is UP TO DATE?

And even if it was like others have said, they also said romney was wining other states, when it turns out HE WASNT......

Hows that for facts?
edit on 12-5-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

The thread is about the fact that Paul is polling low in Texas for the nomination. This is true. You are more than welcome to dismiss this or turn it any other way.

Sure, I will gladly admit that Ron Paul is not doing well in these polls, because that is an accurate statement.

Your most recent link to a poll at real clear politics HERE does indeed show Romney leading.

Let's look at the dates on that though:

PPP (D) 4/19 - 4/22
WPA 3/11 - 3/13
Rasmussen Reports 3/12 - 3/12
PPP (D) 1/12 - 1/15
PPP (D) 9/15 - 9/18
PPP (D) 6/25 - 6/27
PPP (D) 1/14 - 1/16
PPP (D) 10/26 - 10/28
PPP (D) 9/2 - 9/6
PPP (D) 6/19 - 6/20

These are not current. Nor was much of the info in the OP.

So. Yes, I admit Ron Paul is not doing well in the polls you posted.
He may not even be doing well in current, up to date polls.

Polls are still not an accurate representation of the way things actually are, and should not be used as factual information. (Not saying you are using polls as fact, simply saying that they shouldn't be.)

Cheers
edit on 12-5-2012 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

What about the FACT that your polls are two years out of date?

2 years? Go back to this poll and show us where it is dated 2010, thanks

elections.huffingtonpost.com...

Or here:
www.realclearpolitics.com...

Merely saying it's '2 years' out of date doesn't magically make it so.

I also invite you to link another source regarding polling for Ron Paul against Romney in Texas, thanks.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Well, I never said either were from 2010 as others may have, but I do admit that I said they were not current, and thus, are not accurate.

I already showed the dates from the RealClearPolitics link, and they are not current.

As for the Huffington Post link, they are from 1 month ago. A lot has happened in that month, and the data shown could be much different than last indicated.

So, still, according to these polls you have linked, Ron Paul is not doing well.

I'm going to pass on finding an up to date poll, because as I stated before, even current polls are not an accurate representation of what is actually going on, and I don't care for them.

Cheers.

EDIT: Actually, in the Huffington Post link, there is data from 2010.
PPP (D) 10/26 - 10/28/10 - Source
PPP (D) 6/19 - 6/20/10 - (Source link broken)

Granted, it's only those 2 parts.... but... why even link data from 2010? *shrug*

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

funny your same source here

Shows that Romney won more delegates in states that he DID NOT.......

Odd...........hows that

Delegates

Now compare that to the states we KNOW he won............

Yep seems real accurate huh?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Qemyst

EDIT: Actually, in the Huffington Post link, there is data from 2010. PPP (D) 10/26 - 10/28/10 - Source PPP (D) 6/19 - 6/20/10 - (Source link broken)

thank you for getting to it before i did

Merely saying it's '2 years' out of date doesn't magically make it so.

Appears that you were in such a hurry to post nonesense you didnt even verify the dates on your sources........

Nope, no agenda there...........

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Qemyst

real clear politics is a completely biased and inaccurate source. their "estimations" on delegates have been wrong every step of the way.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

LAKE JACKSON, Texas, Apr 12, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul again polls better against President Barack Obama in a head-to-head matchup than establishment-choice moderate Mitt Romney, according to a poll released today from Rasmussen. The poll notes that in a general election matchup, the 12-term Congressman from Texas edges out Obama by 1 percentage point, 44 to 43 percent. The survey also notes that in a hypothetical 2012 head-to-head, Obama and Romney are tied at 45 percent, which bodes poorly for Republicans being urged to believe the race is over, only to later experience buyer’s remorse.

Rassmusan Poll

However the last poll available does have Romney ahead in Tx.

Poll Watch: PPP (D) Texas 2012 Republican Primary Survey

Mitt Romney 45% [24%] [10%] (15%) [10%] [14%]
Newt Gingrich 35% [23%] [8%] (8%) [17%] [23%]
Ron Paul 14% [12%] [7%] (9%) [10%] [8%]
Someone else/Not sure 6% [9%] [7%] (9%) [5%]

for more info

Like someone else said, Ron Paul advocates are different. We are less likely to trust unknown people calling our home and asking questions and are likely to hang up. This from a much older supporter of Ron Paul.

That being said, if he gets sufficient delegates or there is even the threat of surpassing a mainstream candidate, he will be eliminated and there will be an uprising like never before.

Too many people are ignoring the strength of the MSM on sheeple and that is what all most Repubs and Dems are counting on.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

No, these are facts that I posted in the OP.

1. Ron Paul has not won his homestate of Texas in any of his other previous presidential campaigns, infact he has performed poorely in his State in the previous elections. This fact.

2. Fact is, Ron Paul is polling poorly in Texas at the moment against Romney in most if not all polls:
www.realclearpolitics.com...

These are facts whether you like it or not.

Here's another fact, he has never won his district in either of his previous presidential runs. So don't tell me that these aren't 'facts', I've already proven to you that they are. If you are going to insist they are not, I suggest you get sources to back up your claims.
edit on 11-5-2012 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

Fact #1. NO ONE has won the State of Texas. Not Ron Paul, not Romney, not even Godzilla. Texas does not have it's primary until Tuesday May, 29. So to say that ROn Paul has not won his home State of Texas is technically true, the reality is NO ONE has won the State. So to use that as a way to put down Paul is just beyond silly.

Fact #2. Polls are not always accurate. You can manipulate polls and have them say just about anything that you want. The Polls for this election cycle have not even been 100% accurate, so what exactly is your point?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I have the ultimate bad Ron Paul news... absent dropping that video tape of Romney fondling little kids, there's no chance in hell he's going to win.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
What do you expect when the voters have been indoctrinated that voting Ron Paul will force Obama on them again.

I talked to a gun store owner who said he really wished he could vote Paul, but he had to vote Romney to get rid of Obama. He was furious when I told him if Paul wasn't on the ballot I would write him in.

The reason he doesn't do well is because people believe the media and the media says he can't win.

It doesn't take a genius to understand this. I guess you can ask the question and remain vague in hopes that people will draw the conclusion that YOU want which is that people in Texas don't like him, but that doesn't compete with reality. We all know why Romney is doing ok in popular votes, but Paul has more people who CARE fighting for him, it's because Romney has the straight-ticket-whoever-the-media-says-can-beat-the-demmycrats-vote. Paul has the voters that ACTUALLY want to change things. That is why he has won ten or 11 states and has 100+ delegates with his meager "10 percent" and his delegates will keep rising. As it stands Romney officially has about 300 delegates and Paul officially has about 100.

thereal2012delegatecount.com...
edit on 12-5-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Very well said Muzzle. I could not agree more with your conclusions.

2nd line

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
You realize this information is 2 months old, befor Gingrich and Santorum even dropped out of the race, it would be interesting to see what they are NOW.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Wow this is amazing... First of all the vast majority of Americans are brainwashed twits that don't know let alone care about politics. Secondly, the vast majority of Americans only get their news and information from the mass media. Thirdly, If you have every brainwashed American telling you the same thing that first he can't win second that Romney is going to win and that his politics are crazy of course they aren't going to give the man a chance.

I honestly ask you... The real you not the brainwashed version of you to think about his politics. You say you are the Southern Guardian. Well sir I am from the south and I will tell you if you were from the south you would believe in his foreign policy! I for one don't want no one in my house or on my land without my permission and I am pretty sure other countries and people feel the same way. Secondly, if you are from the south you believe in the almighty. Well fact check they believe in the almighty also, they might call him a different name but they do believe in the same god just different ways to get too him. Moreover, the vast majority of them are good people it's the crazies that supposedly want to attack us. Think of all the crazies we have at home and point fingers before you want to annihilate a people or a country because of a few people.

As for his fiscal policy you can't argue that the man knows his stuff he sits on the finance committee and is the only one looking out for your wallet.

You can't argue with a man that has kept his word and stood by his story for over 30 years. I ask you to sit there and review your life and say that you have been such a man (or lady if you are). I know I have not been such a man till recently and last recall this feeling of anything being possible and right since I was a kid and believed that the world was good.

I ask you and everyone else to please stop attacking and dashing hope of Ron Paul supporters just cause you are blinded and brainwashed by the mass media. You must admit that America needs to get fixed. Well George W. Bush was the president for a long time and he is similar if not on point with Romney's politics and the country is still on a bad downward spiral (George W. Bush couldn't fix this mess!). As for Obama he has only had 4 years but still his politics are destroying us further (instead of fixing the problems he keeps putting bandages and trying to spend our way out of this disaster). Unfortunately, you can attest that there is no way possible to spend your way out of debit if you don't have the income to pay for it. Well buddy we can't get out of debit cause we spend to much and don't have the income to pay for it.

If you believe we need protection and we need to prevent terrorist to get us, as per the Romney stance. Then you must realize that if this country goes broke and we can't pay our bills then we won't be able to afford our protection and they will have won on default or have a free pass to come here?

Moreover, so far only Ron Paul is willing to do what has to be done to get America back on track. That means facing the pied piper and handling up like a man.

I hope you don't see this as an Attack post just as an answer to the deluded minds of America.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'd love to see Ron Paul become the Frontrunner after Tampa not so much because he'll be competing against Obama for 2012 but to shut up all of these RP trolls who make trolling threads such as these. These trolls love to repeat the same things over and over again, such as RP has no chance, but yet these trolls continue to make the same threads over & over again, all with the same theme "Ron Paul is a loser & so are his cultish followers."

If there was a emote that displayed a middle finger I'd use it here.
edit on 12-5-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Yes, we are all being told by Paul supporters left right and center that Paul has all these supporters, and Romney doesn't, yet we consistently see Paul perform poorly against Romney the vast majority of primaries and in State polls (excluding straw polls!). To make it worse, Paul is polling badly in his home State of Texas:

elections.huffingtonpost.com...

It appears that Romney leads Paul by double digits! Texas is Paul's home state, he has had plenty of time to make a name for himself in Texas, he served here for more than 20 years, so, given this fact, and all this enthusiastic (but small) support, why is it that he can't even compete strongly in his own State? Because simply put, Paul's policies scare the hell out of even local voters in his home state, they prefer to have him as a representative but nothing more. And don't tell me this is all some conspiracy to silence his native Texas voters, Paul is no stranger to performing badly in his own home State when it comes to the presidential elections.

In 1988 during Paul's first attempt at running for the presidency, he didn't win one single district in his own State! Not even his own district! That went to George H Bush!
uselectionatlas.org...

What about 2008? McCain ran over Paul in his very own district in 2008! Paul won one county, one county and it wasn't even his own!
en.wikipedia.org...

So tell me again why we need to take Ron Paul as a serious contender anymore? It seems Romney has far more solid support over Paul. It's also clear that Paul's positions and policies aren't even supported all that much in his own state, not even in his district. This is the kind of reality Paul supporters cannot seem to understand, or don't want to.

Are you at all familiar with the GOP primary process? The poll could theoretically show that Mitt Romney has a 99% lead against Ron Paul...yet Ron Paul could still sweep 100% of the delegates and be the Repub. nominee.

While it's certainly valid to argue that this is a completely and utterly fu&%#d up process...it doesn't really change the reality of the situation.

This is why you hear so many RP supporters saying that he is "winning". At this point in the game, the only thing that matters is delegates...the whole process of going to the polls is largely political theatre.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
I'd love to see Ron Paul become the Frontrunner after Tampa not so much because he'll be competing against Obama for 2012 but to shut up all of these RP trolls who make trolling threads such as these. These trolls love to repeat the same things over and over again, such as RP has no chance, but yet these trolls continue to make the same threads over & over again, all with the same theme "Ron Paul is a loser & so are his cultish followers."

If there was a emote that displayed a middle finger I'd use it here.
edit on 12-5-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

Not to mention that it's about delegates and at this point in the game the GOP "primary" really only amounts to a glorified straw poll. Who really gives a sh^%t what the poll in Texas said since it doesn't have any sort of direct relevance anyways?

Besides...in case nobody noticed..."polls" have a really, really, really odd propensity for discovering "results" that are congruent with the desires of whoever signs the check to the Gallup Corporation these days. I'll start believing the "polls" again when I can download a .pdf that shows me ALL of the calls made, the times of day, ph#'s, addresses, demographic information, WHICH CALLS WERE TOSSED OUT OF THE RESULTS AND WHY, .mp3 recordings of those calls, AND a scanned image of the check used to pay for the services. Oh...and also they must cite their mathematical methods, equations, and software. Most people are completely ignorant to the fact that MS-Excel contains HUNDREDS of mathematical errors in the basic programming of the built-in functions as much as they are that there are multiple equations for a statistical mean...NONE OF WHICH are "sum / # of samples".

Now go ahead...I'm just waiting for someone to call me an "idiot" because I check my sources in an academically sound manner, read and follow up on footnotes, and subject statistical studies to the same review process that might be found in peer reviewed journals.

Everybody knows that the only thing we need to know with a "poll" is which color takes up more space on the pie chart, right? LOL.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

Yeah I hear ya. The OP is focusing on "polls" that were updated over a month ago,
, but if we followed the OPs logic we should bring up all the polls RP was winning but yet lost the "popular" vote come primary time. Everyone who knows about RP knows he is playing the delegate game and he is kicking ass from that perspective. The MSM has been spoon feeding trolls and the masses with "projected" nonsense, and these fools use these projections as if they're written in stone. I love it when CNN declares winners based on 1% of votes counted,
, and they do the same damn thing with their delegate counts. It's all projections, nonsense and lies meant to confused and sell their product. Yet these trolls tell us the RP supporters are brainwashed, cultist, and crazy....
. These rarely, if ever, create a thread to show support for their candiate but instead focus on creating more RP hate and to incite online fights.

We see you, trolls

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join