It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More bad news Paul supporters: Ron Paul polling low in his home state of Texas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me. Though I'm from Texas, it's filled with an awful lot of dumb asses. Most people here are still of the mentality that our government is on the "up and up." As long as they maintain that mentality, they will stick with the status quo.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I can't help but think the Fox News force is strong in the south. I know most of my family and friends back in Louisiana are fans and take it as gospel. It breaks my heart that so many buy the punditry as pure truth. I would like to think people can still do a fair judgement by themselves through simple observation and regardless which side one is on, how can they not see Romney is but an empty shell full of hot air rhetoric? He seems so disconnected and empty. What experience does he have other than business?

With election fraud, media manipulation, potential manipulated voting machines, what the heck can we make of it all anymore?!?!
I don't even get upset anymore. I will just vote and hope I guess, but man, I just don't see Romney as POTUS.

Peace

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Texas is an oddity. The state of Texas didn't even have a Republican party until 1960. At the national level, it almost always votes Republican. At the local level, it tends to vote Democrat. I Know. It doesn't make sense, but it's the truth.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
I have to laugh at the pathetic attempts like this to attack Ron Paul. I have no clue if Dr Paul is doing as well as some claim he is. I am skeptical he is personally as i campaigned for him in 2008 and heard all the same things. No doubt he has a much larger following now and and the possibility is much more plausible. I would love nothing more then to have him win the nomination and shock the world that would be the ultimate slap in the face to the TPTB and the arrogant snippy Ron Paul haters...

Explain to me how posting a fact is "a pathetic attempt to attack Ron Paul". Go on. We will wait.

Seems this is the only defense that RP supporters have to cling to...well this, and accusations of "paid shill"

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

I have to laugh at the pathetic attempts like this to attack Ron Paul. I have no clue if Dr Paul is doing as well as some claim he is. I am skeptical he is personally as i campaigned for him in 2008 and heard all the same things. No doubt he has a much larger following now and and the possibility is much more plausible. I would love nothing more then to have him win the nomination and shock the world that would be the ultimate slap in the face to the TPTB and the arrogant snippy Ron Paul haters...

Explain to me how posting a fact is "a pathetic attempt to attack Ron Paul". Go on. We will wait.

Seems this is the only defense that RP supporters have to cling to...well this, and accusations of "paid shill"

So because a RP supporter said one thing, than it automatically applies to me because I am also pro-RP?

Way to overgeneralize and blanket an entire group with the limited actions that a few people are responsible for.

It's very illogical and inaccurate to institute prejudice based on political association.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

So tell me again why we need to take Ron Paul as a serious contender anymore?

Last I checked anyone running for office with a campaign was a "serious contender" legally and technically.

But I guess your opinion of someone's popularity is the main guideline for determining if they are a legit contender or not?

Right because opinion > facts.
I get it. I totally do.

Opinions are the new facts.
Makes perfect sense.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

If I was the only guy voting for Ron Paul in California my nickname would proudly be "That One Ron Paul Guy".

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
So tell me again why we need to take Ron Paul as a serious contender anymore? It seems Romney has far more solid support over Paul. It's also clear that Paul's positions and policies aren't even supported all that much in his own state, not even in his district. This is the kind of reality Paul supporters cannot seem to understand, or don't want to.

That's the great thing, YOU dont have to take Ron Paul as a serious anything. YOU can continue to ignore him all you want and YOU can think of him as completely irrelevant.

Just be careful when you do. Weather you realize it or not, Ron Paul has changed the face of the Republican Party. Ron Paul has gotten so many new people involved in the process, that no matter what happens, this Party will NEVER be the same again. That SG, is the reality.

What I find most amusing is how much stock people really put into polls. The reality here, that some seem so unwilling to understand, is that poll numbers are easily manipulated and they just do not add up to what we see with our own two eyes. While Romney has trouble filling up a school gymnasium, Ron Paul is pulling 3000, and in some cases as much as 9000 people to hear him speak. Now you can you explain to me like I was a 5 year old how that is possible? How many people do you know that would waste their time to hear a Candidate speak, but not vote for the same Candidate? I don't know any. Not one. That sir, is reality.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kbriggss
So why did you make this post?
Sounds like you have nothing to worry about.
I'll still be voting for Ron Paul thank you very much!!

I'll write Paul's name in if I have too! Either way, Romney and Obama are not getting my vote!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Does it seem odd to anyone else that the state of Texas that has elected Ron Paul over and over for many years to represent them in Congress, Now , suddenly, has no support for him? It makes no sense?

The "boys club" in Texas is completely corrupt, and lot's of evidence to suggest that the Bush and Co. can and has cheated in elections in the past.

Something is very "fishy" about this to me.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Like I said previously, Texas is an oddity, certainly when it comes to politics.
edit on 11-5-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

What I find most amusing is how much stock people really put into polls.

That's the thing with most statistics, many may assume that it's concrete and solid, but over time concrete crumbles into dust.

It is an experiment. The outcome is unknown, and we can only theorize about how the outcome coalesced of which many will disagree on various aspects of speculation.

You could repeat the test again tomorrow and get different results. Again only speculation can be derived from such data as to why it changed or what aspects caused a shift in the results.

Critics will arise which will point out flaws in the "testing methodology", and will reveal how various aspects were ignored or mishandled.

In the end all you can do, logically, with such contradictory and evolving information is consider it 'out-of-context'. It seeks to interpolate the opinions of a few hundred or thousand questioned parties and suggest that the larger population is represented directly by it.

That's almost always the suggestion that a poll makes, even subconsciously, hence the purpose and meaning of the 'act of polling'.

Far too often it seems that the results of these polls reveal more of the opinion of the poll taker than the opinion of the public at large (which polls attempt to "reveal"). Many parties are accused of purposely skewing the results to fit their agenda, etc.

It seems safe to state that it is highly probable that much of this 'polling' is designed to mold and direct public opinion more than it is designed to reveal the truth about the public. Indeed, human beings are gregarious animals which seek to bond socially with others and will fall susceptible to the old "this is what we think/do so you should agree with us so you can fit in and we can be friends" routine.
edit on 11-5-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

So because a RP supporter said one thing, than it automatically applies to me because I am also pro-RP?

Way to overgeneralize and blanket an entire group with the limited actions that a few people are responsible for.

It's very illogical and inaccurate to institute prejudice based on political association.

I said nothing about the people themselves, only about the way they react, which is backed up all over the place on this site.

Sorry that you cannot separate the two.

Funny, though, that you choose to focus on this, and not answer the challenge posed in the post that you quoted....deflection much?
edit on 11-5-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Texas is an oddity. The state of Texas didn't even have a Republican party until 1960. At the national level, it almost always votes Republican. At the local level, it tends to vote Democrat. I Know. It doesn't make sense, but it's the truth.

I don't know about that. I have only been in Texas for 2 years but I am noticing on many local election signage the phrase "Republican for..." from everything from Judge to Dog catcher. Never see "Democrat for..." signs.

Just my observation.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

No fact was posted just speculation gee didn't you guys know the media is just speculating on the delegate count based on the beauty contest they do not have the actual count. So yes your gloating over speculation is pathetic and laughable.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
i'm baffled as to why so many people are hating on ron paul in favor of a cookie cutter candidate like mitt romney. specifically obama supporters.

the tone in your opening post suggests that you're concerned and you wish to reassure yourself that ron paul can't win, although why you care so much is confusing because you're going to vote for obama no matter who wins the republican nomination.

ron paul is doing just fine. the MSM have been completely biased against him the whole race, but you then turn to them for accurate polls? yesterday i heard ron paul referred to on CNN as "the other candidate". as in "Next up, we'll fill you in on how Mitt Romney is doing (softer) and the other candidate"

unless drastic cheating is used at the GOP convention, ron paul has this one in the bag.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vardoger
Those polls are over a month old and show Santorum as the leader
and Gingrich in there as well. A lot can change in a month....especially after recent huge delegate wins.

Also two of their 5 polls have 51% and 39% respectively, as voting for other.....Gingrich and Romney tied...

Not the best data to draw conclusions from.

Just noticed those two I mentioned are from 2010......the others are no later than march. I re state. Horrible data.
edit on 11-5-2012 by Vardoger because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2012 by Vardoger because: (no reason given)

I notice the lack of anyone to address the fact that these numbers are so old, as you stated in your post.........

They just keep on bashing and making claims...........yet the data is clearly 2 years old in some parts.........

Whats goin on SO? wheres the rebuttal?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

How in Da Hell is Romney Leading RP in his Home State Of Texas ? Sounds like Another Iowa , Maine, Minnasota, Alaska Bogus Tally to me . Prove me Wrong , Show Me the REAL Numbers Pally.......

edit on 11-5-2012 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

No fact was posted just speculation

No, these are facts that I posted in the OP.

1. Ron Paul has not won his homestate of Texas in any of his other previous presidential campaigns, infact he has performed poorely in his State in the previous elections. This fact.

2. Fact is, Ron Paul is polling poorly in Texas at the moment against Romney in most if not all polls:
www.realclearpolitics.com...

These are facts whether you like it or not.

Here's another fact, he has never won his district in either of his previous presidential runs. So don't tell me that these aren't 'facts', I've already proven to you that they are. If you are going to insist they are not, I suggest you get sources to back up your claims.
edit on 11-5-2012 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join