It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do so many people hate Australia?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I don't think I've even seen a fosters, well maybe in movies

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

My ancestors weren't around when the Indians were slaughtered and we always got along with the Indians. As far as Katrina was concerned, it wasn't the people that screwed that up it was the big wheels in the government and the unorganized charity organizations with too many rules that screwed things up. Many people were restricted from helping others. Same thing happened in Haiti and Japan. Government paperwork tied up the aid to civilians in Japan and the supposed "bad guys" broke the rules and helped the people. Who were the real heroes there? To me it shows that making things complex screws things up. Many people go out of their way to help others in need and others go out of their way to profit from those in need. Some just desire to make things complicated. This is evident all over the world. If mankind is ever to evolve we have to examine motives for actions and what is really going on behind the scenes.

There you go blame your government for not helping in Katrina.
When we Aussies had the Queensland floods we went to actually help our neighbours LONG before the government even began sending help.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by darrman
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

everybody loves Koala bears..

your ok in my book

THEY'RE NOT BEARS.

Typical American who doesn't know humour when it hits him in the face.
Typical, hate-filled, Australian response.
That's why we all hate Aussies.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parksie
Nothing against our Australian Cousins am almost jealous cause you're still Australian and who who knows where we will be from in a few years thanks to immigration. Just keep doing what you are doing buddies. Shoot them on sight and check everyone else. You're doing a fine job and i love it.

Australia rocks!!

By saying we're still "Australian" I think your referring to "we're still mainly white", which is true as Australia is 94% white but recent arrivals from Asia, Africa, and America have caused white Australians to decline. But I agree though immigration to Australia needs to stop, not because of race but because we are so dry that during the last drought in 2000s we had a severe water crisis with just 20 million people, today we have over 23 million people and rising quickly.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames

Crimson, i don't hate Australia! I don't like it when you beat us (South Africans) in rugby, but, still, an awesome country you are.

I guess we all have our douchebags though. But, you guys are truly quite alright!

As per your thread topic, most of our people are in some way responsible for wrong doings (blah blah) and at times, yes, hideous wrongs has been done to natives. Still, it does not make yourself, nor me, bad people. Screw what others think. We know the truth.

Our forefathers made our countries what they are. At least you can still say that Down Under ain't anywhere near S.A, politically! As a Safrican i can only say our country has seen better days. No hope left here.

Best regards

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: spelling

Thanks for your input, and I agree bad things did happen back then but it is no excuse to use it to brand an entire country. I truly hope SA can sort out its crime.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Nooo even VB or CUB is owned by a UK company now... how sad is that!

If companies here keep selling out we will have no real Aussie brands left

Although I have to add I prefer draught over VB
and some imported beer as well. Millers is a nice beer and Steeelllaaaa

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by feelingconnected

lol I know right!

I have never seen any here drink a fosters... and I have never tasted one!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I don't blame only the government, I blame the way it is. We get certification to do things and then don't let others help because it interferes with the security of our jobs. If you try to help you get shuffled away with those running it saying that "you may get hurt so you are not allowed to be here". If I get hurt or die voluntarily trying to help someone, It is my choice and noone should be liable. If I am forced to help then it is a different story. There are a lot of good people here but they are scared. If they try to help when they aren't supposed to and their actions cause someone to get hurt or die they are liable and they can get sued or imprisoned by our present legal system. If you are trying to help then why should you have to worry about being sued. Even if you win in court the Lawyers fees will punish you. This is wrong, a creation of the lawyers and legal system. Our legal system needs a complete overhaul. Even the police would agree with that last statement. Put the crooks in jail and don't try to make every citizen feel like a criminal. It's a way to control people.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

GB AUS US i feel as though we are pretty much cousins ,the people i mean , the governments are as governments are.foul and corrupt,perhaps australian a minuscule amount less so. oh ya Paul Hogan is the f#%king man

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

I joined last month but I've been looking through this site since at least early last year but yeah its a big generalization but I'm just saying I never see anyone bag those countries out for their history but somehow its ok to do it to Australia.?

I have American Indian in my ancestry so I have heard plenty about our countries horrendous history and what it did to the native people. Maybe not on this particular site, but it's out there. I think that depending on where you live and what sites you happen to go to that you'll see people tear apart many countries for their history. Hell it's a wonder most of the world doesn't hate on the British more lol. Look at what the British did when they came to America. They were mostly an agricultural people. They came in cleared land and had no respect for the natives or their ways, they came in intent on imposing their own way onto the native people. The same can be said for many places in the world though. There always seemed to be one group of people moving into another group of people's land to take over and impose their own way. I personally don't know much of anything about your countries history, but to be fair there are not any countries out there that can truthfully boast they had a peaceful and happy history.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Actually, I prefer Heineken myself.

Well, better our beer owned by a UK company than a Chinese one

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Most Australians and Kiwis generally love our American cousins; we just like to take the mickey out of you all as we do among the love between the Aussies and Kiwis.

I have not heard one single American tourist not have a laugh at the Australian's wicked sense of humour!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

Look at what the British did when they came to America.

As a point of fact I think you'll find that the Spanish did far worse than the British ever did, something people tend to conveniently forget for some reason.

And I think you'll also find that the French tried their hardest as well to cheat, embezzle and exploit the native americans.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
If people hate on Australia they haven't been there. Or they have been there and are jealous.

Simple as that.

And no i'm not an Ozzie...

PS The Brits get the same comments from Americans. "Give the Falklands back to the Argentinians" etc. For the world superpower they sure have more than their fair share of poorly educated, insular, bible thumping morons.

edit on 16-5-2012 by EasyPleaseMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join