It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do so many people hate Australia?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

I just have to say Australians are my favorite people out of any in the world. I've dated a few of them myself, and I go there and visit twice a year.

Imo, it's the best sites to see, coolest animals, friendly people(to me atleast) plus I can drink there legally. haha.

I'm even thinking of getting dual citizenship because I love being there so much, my closest friends are there.

Beautiful country

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
People think we're all convicts that talk like crocodile dundee and use kangaroos for transport.

Wait, you don't own a kangaroo?

How the flamin' heck do ya get around, ya drongo? Strewth...

Fair dinkum, you must be a right galah.

Doesn't have a roo, what's next, not throwing a shrimp on the barbie?

(forever hates paul hogan for that one)

I know what the OP is talking about, but as others have alluded to it is usually the small few who appear to pop up almost every time and have a go at no body in particular.. And as someone else said, another member vented the same, but offered evidence in threads, which I could not see it happening... until someone got defensive. It then snowballed.

Besides, EVERYONE knows that if you're hating on Australia, it's out of jealousy.

tie me kangaroo down, sport.. tie me kangaroo down... *whistles into the sunset*

edit on 11-5-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

In my part of Australia its called a prawn, not a shrimp,
I actually prefer a snag on the barbie
edit on 11-5-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
I didn't realize anyone hated Austrailia?
I have never had one negative thought or feeling about Australia or Australians. I would love to go there some day and my husband would move their in a heartbeat if he could. Maybe I'm just ignorant, but I honestly didn't realize anyone hated Australia and it seems a bit ignorant to hate an entire country anyway.

I might of just had some trolls that lead me to come to that conclusion, but anyway wherever your from you would be most welcome down under.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

If you go on to any American, British, Canadian, etc threads

That's a very big generalization and an even bigger fabrication. Not only that, but to say that you have seen enough threads on ATS in your short time as a member to make this accusation is ridiculous.

BTW, Australia Rocks and YES I've been there so I can make that statement.

Peace

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Yeah its pretty nice over these ways. Although NZ is a Rothschild owned country in some forms. and Masonic to the core. Allegedly we recently denied a million of the Elites who wanted to move here. They were not to happy about being told to # off and retaliated with HAARP (Christchurch) and the ecological attack with the Rena....

And probably many other things im un aware of. We have our own slice of tyranny and NWO issues too lol
so dont be thinking this place is immune to the troubles of the world. It is safer I guess and our society in general is a much safer place to live and exist in

Finances are screwed here and that wont be fixed until we ditch these pesky Rothschild central banks..... Something most New Zealanders don't much understand. We cant just locally think about our issues and how to fix them. We too must be aware of the global stage.

"It will be sweet bro" isnt good enough. Gotta make it sweet

edit on 11-5-2012 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

If you go on to any American, British, Canadian, etc threads

That's a very big generalization and an even bigger fabrication. Not only that, but to say that you have seen enough threads on ATS in your short time as a member to make this accusation is ridiculous.

BTW, Australia Rocks and YES I've been there so I can make that statement.

Peace

I joined last month but I've been looking through this site since at least early last year but yeah its a big generalization but I'm just saying I never see anyone bag those countries out for their history but somehow its ok to do it to Australia.?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenEyedVixen

I just have to say Australians are my favorite people out of any in the world. I've dated a few of them myself, and I go there and visit twice a year.

Imo, it's the best sites to see, coolest animals, friendly people(to me atleast) plus I can drink there legally. haha.

I'm even thinking of getting dual citizenship because I love being there so much, my closest friends are there.

Beautiful country

Hey GreenEyedVixen, thanks for your kind words may I ask from where you're from?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by feelingconnected
reply to post by mainidh

I don't like sausages, my preference was always a steak, or even better than a prawn or two, a couple of Balmain Bugs. Usually marinaded both before and after eating.

Cheerz
!
edit on 11/5/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

That is in my opinion a very silly opinion in regards to the aborigines. What you fail to see is that they have no need for our western trinkets and were far more happy when we were not around, they had been peaceful and content for thousands of years.

I fear this is romanticised thinking. "They have no need for out western trinkets" -- so you're saying that if we took every western thing back from the Aboriginal people of Australia, they would be ok with this? Mobile phones, Internet, TV, Music, Fridges, Stoves, Houses, Cars???

You do know that they're not all sitting outback around a camp fire sharing roasted goanna tail, right??

There is an estimated 300,000 Aborigines in Western Australia alone, and the majority of them live in urban society. Even those in remote communities still use the facilities there.

It's not a case of simply giving them an entire chunk of land and then cutting ties with them. Ever time something along those lines has been tried, they've failed to sustain it, and the world then sees run down tin shacks, dogs eating next to babies, and a complete breakdown of culture within their communities.

Then we arrive, introduce alcohol, kill loads of them, get them sick and basically force a way of life on them that they neither asked for or want in any way whatsoever. I used to live in an area of melbourne where loads of aborigines live and I can tell you first hand that they would be FAR better off if we had never landed on their shores, they are really struggling, with alcohol, drugs, violence and a general disconnection from their true selves. It is horrible to see and I just cannot listen to an opinion such as yours and not respond.

So what do we do? Pack up and head back to limey? As with Melbourne, WA has a disproportionate amount of Aboriginal people living well under the poverty line, despite over and above services offered to them to help maintain a standard of living. I know personally a family who somehow managed to make it in this world. So what is the problem.

Is it 100% definable, or like every other person in Australia, is it variable on them, their circumstances, their determination??

Can you tell me one person alive today who'd say they would rather have never existed - that's the case had things been different at the start. In fact, Indonesia or some other country would have simply invaded and you can bet they would not be supporting the Indigenous people in any where near the same manner as is done today.

So... what do we do? Continue to lament the past and perpetuate the legacy of impoverishment and abuse? Or fix what we can... because that is all we can realistically do.

Land will not resolve the problem. Money seems to be disregarded. Yet my cousins family have neither land nor money in quantities to make a difference, and still they have 2 cars, 4 kids in school, playing footy, mucking around on facebook like most kids, and most importantly, somehow evading that trap that lures most young Aboriginal children into a life of crime and imprisonment.

What is the difference I wonder, apart from self determination..

I feel terrible about what has happened to them, not that other nations have not also committed such barbaric and inconsiderate acts as us, not at all, although what happened on this land was one of the worst genocides in human history, and you say that they are better off.

I haven't personally noticed much animosity towards Aussies on ats although I do find that many consider us to be racist and xenophobic, which is kinda funny as we have an incredibly multicultural country. I find that people generally think of us as easy going, fun, big drinking types, well thats the perception I get when I go overseas.

I had a mate many years ago who met an American chick on some chatroom, got so infatuated with her that he left Australia to go be with her, it lasted 1 week max, yet he managed to remain gainfully employed over there working in bars and so on, putting on the strongest Aussie accent as he could, because he said people there just couldnt get enough of it. Lol, born with 100% charisma that idiot...

Life got him in the end tho..

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Hey GreenEyedVixen, thanks for your kind words may I ask from where you're from?

I'm American, dearie (:
edit on 11-5-2012 by GreenEyedVixen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Why doesn't Australia get an Aboriginal Prime Minister?

Then, every time another post-colonial or regional country points fingers you can trump them and say:"We have an Aboriginal head of state, so when have you people ever had a Native American, Maori, Ainu, Taiwan aboriginal, Khoisan President?"
That should take the wind out of the sails of any critics.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

reply to post by mainidh

In every part of Australia it's a prawn
But the Aussie Icon of the time, Hoges, had to call it a shrimp so it didn't confuse the.... *points at America*

And that's not even getting into Who the hell puts a prawn on a bbq anyway lol.

I'm with you - snags! and steak. Onio... Ohhhh stop it Im getting hungry now

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

reply to post by mainidh

I don't like sausages, my preference was always a steak, or even better than a prawn or two, a couple of Balmain Bugs. Usually marinaded both before and after eating.

Cheerz
!
edit on 11/5/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

YUPPPPIIEEEEEE!!!!

I can never get my head around those things being called BUGS... I mean, I've always considered prawns to be the cockroaches of the sea (seriously, plog a fat brown roach in hot water.. instant brown coloured prawn, antenna and all) and seeing those things...

Oh man, too much goo.. lol

too many wiggly bits... too much Oo...

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I haven't experienced any hate for being an Aussie. The reverse has always been true. I mostly hear good things from other people about our fine shores.

IRM

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Bunch of sooky freakin la la's them Aussies.
Take out a can of toughen up sunshine and stop whinging, you embarrass me.
East coast Australians, I shake my head in dismay. I bet your a Victorian, what a pathetic thread.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Is this some sort of thread that is designed to start an argument about the topic?

I have never come across any of this so-called Australian-hate here at ATS, nor has there been any attacks on the Australians for giving the Aborigines a raw deal.

Seriously, this sounds like an angry Aborigine trying to get his personal-vendetta against the 'white' Australians onto the internet battleground.

I'm a 'white' Australian, by the way.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Love the place S.A is the best state.

I upgraded to a emu to get around i found roo's a bit to hmm... jumpy i guess. So i just ate him. Roo on the bbq is the way to go.

Love the place we call Australia.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I think it's more about your perception than anything else. You should consider for a moment that you may be a bit thin skinned.
I'm talking about you personally, not you as an Australian.

Every country has thin skinned over sesitive people

PS give Australia back to..........ahhh, those guys....you know, ah heck can't remember the name!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

With all due respect, maybe it's more to do with you and your attitude to other people than it is Australians in general?

There are many well respected Australian members of ATS who have contributed immensely to this site.

Personally, I like Australians - they are loyal, steadfast and have a good sense of humour even though they have an odd habit of growing strange and extravagant facial hair, (and that's just the sheila's), and contrary to their reputation are crap drinkers - and I just love beating them at cricket.

Seriously, despite what you may think the vast majority of Brits have enormous respect for Aussies.

We all get a bit of stick here on ATS - especially us English - you learn to live with it and realise that most people here are just regular people with the same sort of care's and concern's etc as everybody else.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join