It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do so many people hate Australia?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

For the record, I didnt mean to come off as being rude or an ass. The OP asked a legitimate question and I answered honestly, no offense intended.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

My ancestors weren't around when the Indians were slaughtered and we always got along with the Indians. As far as Katrina was concerned, it wasn't the people that screwed that up it was the big wheels in the government and the unorganized charity organizations with too many rules that screwed things up. Many people were restricted from helping others. Same thing happened in Haiti and Japan. Government paperwork tied up the aid to civilians in Japan and the supposed "bad guys" broke the rules and helped the people. Who were the real heroes there? To me it shows that making things complex screws things up. Many people go out of their way to help others in need and others go out of their way to profit from those in need. Some just desire to make things complicated. This is evident all over the world. If mankind is ever to evolve we have to examine motives for actions and what is really going on behind the scenes.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by darrman
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

everybody loves Koala bears..

your ok in my book

THEY'RE NOT BEARS.

Typical, hate-filled, Australian response.
That's why we all hate Aussies.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

No probs at all, no offence taken I assure you - I have far too thick a skin, and probably too thick a head as well, to get upset over much nowadays.

I hope one day you get to meet some real life Brits and Aussies and I'm sure you'll then realise that the majority of us aren't quite as arrogant as you may currently think.......unless you have the misfortune to bump into some Cockney's.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Nothing against our Australian Cousins am almost jealous cause you're still Australian and who who knows where we will be from in a few years thanks to immigration. Just keep doing what you are doing buddies. Shoot them on sight and check everyone else. You're doing a fine job and i love it.

Australia rocks!!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Huh? I like Aussies.
They are cool.
Put another shrimp on the barbie for me.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Odd... Because never seen any such comments about Australia at all.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Who could ever hate Australia....nothing sexier than a hot woman with an Australian Accent and your Foster's beer cans are enormous...I say win win my friend

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This video clearly proves that the ancient Greeks came from Australia.

So easy to marginalize a group of people in Australia via global discourse, when their view on the world is clearly just as cynical as ours.

Zorba the Greek aboriginal style:

edit on 11-5-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Face it, you are just sick of living in the cold. Australia is warmer and that's why you like it.

This is why I should be a politician, I am totally ef'ing transparent. You saw right through me, I hate the cold. I got spoiled by living and working South Africa for four years. But I do like the "idea" of Australia, I mean our politics are screwed up everywhere, our commercial and financial systems are the same. Why not live someplace warm that's equally civilized! I even considered doing another tour in South America, just to get away from the winter. So how's that? I'm even willing to be shot at to escape the climate LOL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I have never really come across any haters in the threads I have read or contributed in!?.

??

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I live in Upper Michigan close to Lake Superior. I have an eighty inch snowblower and loader on my tractor. I totally understand what you are saying. Just build a sauna and hang pictures of Hawaii in the changing room.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

My condolences! Did you get snow on June 1st, 2009 cause I know they did on the north cost, I was there freezing my ass off, but the fishing is soooo good!

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Don't remember that one especially, we occasionally will have snow flurries in the summer. I remember watching the fireworks on fourth of July in a blizzard one year when I was a kid. The snow was sticking to the ground.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Saw the thread...and how did i know who the OP would be before i clicked on?

And i was right
one word comes to mind
Paranoia!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Crimson, i don't hate Australia! I don't like it when you beat us (South Africans) in rugby, but, still, an awesome country you are.

I guess we all have our douchebags though. But, you guys are truly quite alright!

As per your thread topic, most of our people are in some way responsible for wrong doings (blah blah) and at times, yes, hideous wrongs has been done to natives. Still, it does not make yourself, nor me, bad people. Screw what others think. We know the truth.

Our forefathers made our countries what they are. At least you can still say that Down Under ain't anywhere near S.A, politically! As a Safrican i can only say our country has seen better days. No hope left here.

Best regards

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: spelling

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
We don't hate Aussies in the US - we're jealous! The guys there seem buff, tan and muscular and the ladies are beautiful. You have big, wide-open spaces and endless beaches.
Oh, and the coolest accents of any English speaking Nation.

Did I miss anything?
Oh, yeah Fosters!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

and I just love beating them at cricket.

Sorry it doesn't happen more often for you

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

From where us Aussies were watching Hurricane Katrina......it was each man for himself for the most part, take a leaf out of our recent flooding in Qld, plenty of Govt red tape there too but the Queenslanders banded together with help from people all over Australia and NZ pitching in to help one another.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Australians don't drink Fosters, that's export only

Our main brand is VB

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join