It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul winning the majority of delegates in 11 states, race much closer than people think (RT)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tehdouglas

Ron Paul winning the majority of delegates in 11 states

The things you guys choose to believe is amazing.

He may have the majority of his supporters as delegates in 11 states...but most of them are bound to Romney.

And Texas and California...they have stopped polling...but the latest polls from April have Ron Paul losing badly.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Why do you think they stopped polling?

They like winning numbers.... They hate seeing dropping numbers...

So Why do you think they stopped polling?

They are afraid of the effect on the people as a climbing Ron Paul is displayed in the media.. Answer...

They stopped Polling

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant

Why do you think they stopped polling?

They like winning numbers.... They hate seeing dropping numbers...

So Why do you think they stopped polling?

They are afraid of the effect on the people as a climbing Ron Paul is displayed in the media.. Answer...

They stopped Polling

I think they stopped polling because

1) The Primary is over.
2) No need to poll and waste money when the closest opponent is more than 30 points down.

I really don't see this climb of Ron Paul that you speak of.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
OKS ! Good morning sunshine !
I'm sorry you can't see the hope and faith that Ron Paul supporters have for his sucess, it is also hope and faith in humanity itself. That we can survive and suceed over TPTB. To prosper and coexist without power, greed, war and heavy taxes.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Well, he did win already more as the MSM expected or wanted to admit in front, maybe not enough but already more.

Guess what would have happened if he had won the first state a few months back..

Then there would have been a "join the winning team" mass reaction, that's what they are most scared off.

There is still a chance of such a voting frenzy happening, that's why every opportunity is taken to forget, derail, hide, etc the peoples "underdog"

Besides of his actual politics, the "danger" people following the winning team, especially a "like able underdog" is something they actually fear.

You might call it the "Obama Effect" ... They know it, and tried to use it.. Unfortunately, despite the massive MSM help and $$$ they could not get a motivated movement started on any of their candidates.. Like they succeeded too with Obama.

Ron Paul however, has achieved a large grassroots, the enthusiasm and motivational support they dream of, they know that one spark would be enough to trigger a political tsunami.

Imagine Ron Paul getting the same media coverage as Obama or Mitt Romney, even you know, without agreeing to his ideas, that his numbers could double easily, that's how things (unfortunately) work

Now combine the above, his support base, motivation, ideas that appeal to many people, his clear talk, his flawless record etc etc..
Imagine thát PLUS the same amount of media coverage, like the others = The greatest fear for high establishment sinds small pocks!

That's why RP is being worked against on every level. Not the danger he is now..

They know and fear the Danger he can be tomorrow.

edit on 10-5-2012 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The media lies totally and completely about ron paul, it is because they do not want you to know about the tyranny afoot.

Good Report Good Graphics/CG and at the end it makes all sense. sont be turned off by the beginning its meant to suck and be cheesy intentionally for the mockery of the mainstream media.

really good powerful report. watch it youll agree.

edit on 10-5-2012 by reedbananaboat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
"it's absolutely not so over..." Shelly Roche
a vote for romney is a wasted vote. to be clear i am 62 years old - not 20 - though i have been to 3 Ron Paul rallies.
we - me and my son - were at the first RP revolution rally - D.C. july '08 maybe 10k total patriots- naturally all booed when passing the unfederal b.s. bank of the U.S.
romney should throw his support behind DR.CONGRESSMAN RON PAUL - POTUS 2012.
great post OP.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Davian

whawhawhat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! really pity vote. if you follow the msm you wouldnt even know who he is. and thats what they want. they know if they gave him coverage more of the stupid sheeple would follow instead of their cand. Romney.

Tptb want Obama in for 4 more and thats what is gonna happen. Ron Paul is changing the minds of the young who hopefully will be able to fix this mess they have put us in

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Please, Ron Paul, explain these names and why you choose to work with them:

www.comw.org...

Carl Conetta, Project on Defense Alternatives
Benjamin H Friedman, Cato Institute
William D Hartung, New America Foundation
Christopher Hellman, National Priorities Project
Heather Hurlburt, National Security Network
Charles Knight, Project on Defense Alternatives
Lawrence J Korb, Center for American Progress
Paul Kawika Martin, Peace Action
Laicie Olson, Center for Arms Control and Non-Proliferation
Prasannan Parthasarathi, Boston College
Miriam Pemberton, Institute for Policy Studies
Laura Peterson, Taxpayers for Common Sense
Christopher Preble, Cato Institute
Winslow Wheeler, Center for Defense Information

Talking the anti-globalist line for decades while consistently walking with globalists. I want to believe in Ron Paul, but you can not refute the fact he has had some of the strangest allies, strange in the respect that they are active for the very thing he preaches against. Sometimes I just think Paul is there to collect those who might see through the game. As long as he's there, these people will think they have a voice. Those people turn to Paul, who is just as maligned as the rest but sold for decades as the true independent voice. Again, if you actually LOOK into the people he works with, like 13 of the 14 names above, you will find BIG TIME globalists. What he says though is incredibly inspiring and what we need in a leader, but we also need to look at their actions not just their words. Not doing that is how we got into this mess.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

Will he be rear-covered by the Senate? By the Congress? Will he get their support? A polarizing candidate like him?

The biggest problem for Paul is that the majority of Americans would not support his plans to essentially gut the federal government. That would include a lot of Paul supporters who haven't really thought through the implications of what he is proposing.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

He may have the majority of his supporters as delegates in 11 states...but most of them are bound to Romney.

And Texas and California...they have stopped polling...but the latest polls from April have Ron Paul losing badly.

Millions will ask Dr. Paul to run independant if he has to. In either case Obamney will not be Potus. Also the choice to unbind is a democratic one, and if Dr. Paul has a majority of the delegates the sky is the limit my man.

The promise or hope of liberty is always abhorrent to tyrants and their minions! I know this upsets you friend, but what goes around comes around and you should have given Dr. Paul a fair shot.

Obamney is a compound word I use because Obama and Romney are one in the same!
edit on 10-5-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

The biggest problem for Paul is that the majority of Americans would not support his plans to essentially gut the federal government. That would include a lot of Paul supporters who haven't really thought through the implications of what he is proposing.

I think you are right! I was saying something very similar to my pal the other day. People want "free" stuff, even if it does lead you into a mountain of debt and into oblivion! They can't see past their damn noses! How on earth can you keep running at a deficit? If any business ran that way they would be finished in no time at all! Countries only manage it because they have an endless supply of future labor to pass it on to! It really baffles my brain! Even my friend wants to keep the state so he can get free stuff! I tried to explain to him but it fell on deaf ears! When the inevitable collapse does happen, it's not going to be pretty!

Ron Paul is right and people better start waking up to the fact. Sadly, I don't think they will.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
reply to post by DelMarvel

I think you are right! I was saying something very similar to my pal the other day. People want "free" stuff, even if it does lead you into a mountain of debt and into oblivion! They can't see past their damn noses! How on earth can you keep running at a deficit? If any business ran that way they would be finished in no time at all! Countries only manage it because they have an endless supply of future labor to pass it on to! It really baffles my brain! Even my friend wants to keep the state so he can get free stuff! I tried to explain to him but it fell on deaf ears! When the inevitable collapse does happen, it's not going to be pretty!

Ron Paul is right and people better start waking up to the fact. Sadly, I don't think they will.

He has not pledged to send American back to the stone age, but rather get the Fed out of things it has business being a part of. A system of free states is better governed at the state level. Immigration, Drug policy, Welfare and many more should be handled at the state level. It is just a reshuffle and a chance for the citizens of each state to decide what they really need etc...

Not that they would ever really let Dr. Paul do much of anything, but the message is clear. America chooses LIBERTY!

Moving allot of policy making to the state level does away with things like you see below, and it allows a more flexible aproach to problems and makes the law more accountable to the people. The one size fits all dogma is not working. The Fed is bankrupt etc...

Just because the Fed is not bankrolling your food stamps anymore does not mean that the people of your state would not elect systems to fight poverty etc.. I think we all know that just getting rid of the tools we have to fight extreme poverty would result in shanty towns/slums like we see in Lagos or similar. No one wants that, but we do want the Fed put in check and all of the attacks upon our civil liberties repealed! The is about freedom, and stopping a monster that threatens that freedom!

This is the real reason why Dr. Paul has been black balled, and you know that it is. It is why a million Iraqis are dead at our hands, and it is why we kill more and more Afghanistanis to this day. We dont want any more War!
rt.com...
edit on 10-5-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

according to the rules of the GOP.. Rule 38 to be exact.. "No delegate or alternate delegate shall be
bound by any attempt of any state or Congressional district to impose the unit rule.".. sounds pretty clear to me that delegates arent binding to anybody... or am i misunderstanding that rule?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Im glad to hear of this good news for us RON PAUL supporters !! One day at a time . Lets spread this good news since the main stream likes to talk alot about Mitt .... RON PAUL 2012 !!!!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
i love it.....that's all i have to say about that.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Forgive me if I'm wrong, and I often am

But Ron getting the majority of the delegates in 11 states doesn't mean much for him.. There are 2,228 delegates to be had, and the first to 1,144 delegates wins the nomination.

The bound delegates ( bound to those who dropped out ) can't be had from what I understand..

Romney currently has 966 delegates at last count ( last time I checked )
Ron Paul has 104 delegates

This means Romney only needs to pick up 178 delegates and he wins the GOP nomination.

I cannot, for the life of me, see Ron gaining enough delegates to prevent Romney from taking the nomination.. even if he did manage to get ALL of Santorum's 264, all of Gingrich's 130 and all of Huntsman's .. 1 .. he would only be at 499 to Romney's 966 ..

And I seriously doubt Ron would run independent .. he doesn't have the popular vote so I don't see him winning, all he would do is drag Mitt Romney down further, guaranteeing a loss for him to Obama.

So tell me how Ron is going to win? .. he's not going to get the nomination, the numbers are just simply not on his side.. he can't catch Romney ..

Keep in mind .. I am a huge RP supporter, but I'm also a realist.. he has my vote if he's on the ballot..

edit on 5/10/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!

RNC BREAKING THEIR OWN RULES TO SUPPORT ROMNEY!

Rule 11 Candidate Support

(a) The Republican National Committee shall not, without the prior written and filed approval of all members of the Republican National Committee from the state involved, contribute money or in-kind aid to any candidate for any public or party office except the nominee of the Republican Party or a candidate who is unopposed in the Republican primary after the filing deadline for that office (Romney is NOT unopposed).

DELEGATES ARE NOT BOUND!

The Unit Rule (Rule 15)

A rule under which a delegation to a national political convention casts its entire vote as a unit as determined by a majority vote (Any bound delegate is bound through the Unit Rule).

Rule 38

No delegate or alternate delegate shall be bound by any attempt of any state or Congressional district to impose the Unit Rule (No delegate can be bound via the Unit Rule).

SPREAD THE TRUTH ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
as I just pointed out though, even if the delegates are unbound and they ALL go to Paul, he'll still be way behind Romney .. I can't see any way where Ron is going to win the nomination.. he's too far behind in total delegate count even IF you give him all of the other "bound" delegates...not unless delegates are able to switch from romney to paul for some reason..and I doubt it ( and why would they? .. )
edit on 5/10/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join