It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul winning the majority of delegates in 11 states, race much closer than people think (RT)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
RT tends to be rather sensational, so I wouldn't take everything they report at face value. It's great that Paul is making gains, but the race has already been decided. There is no democratic process, just an illusion of choice.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
RT tends to be rather sensational, so I wouldn't take everything they report at face value. It's great that Paul is making gains, but the race has already been decided. There is no democratic process, just an illusion of choice.

as opposed to Fox News. I guess they are the seekers of truth and justice

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Ron Paul is serious business.

What does that even mean?

No clue.

It doesn't even make sense...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tehdouglas
...I know we have plenty of Paul fans and haters here so take it for what its worth...[emphasis added]

I would just like to point out the stilted perspective of the OP. There are Ron Paul fans and then those of us who think Mr Paul is never going to be President but is a useful gadfly & critic are characterized as haters.

I don't hate Mr Paul. I think he is a professional politician with a schtick that is particularly appealing to libertarians and conspiracy theorists. But I am amazed at the lack of critical perspective focused on the man particularly at a site devoted to denying ignorance .

Mr Paul has been in Congress for years. It is often noted that he votes NO on bills that libertarians feel perturb or break the constitution or just restrict liberty. But no one ever seems to comment on his blatant inability to PUT TOGETHER MAJORITIES for the things he believes in. Majority votes are what move bills and what will be needed to set things aright. Brave solitary stands are heroic, romantic and Galtian as hell but they do not bring change.

Mr Paul has as a member of the House of Representatives been in the perfect place to make the sort of change he favors happen. The House is where all tax bills must start. He could be the force behind what most of you would call the Fair Tax. He could be the force behind legislation closing those DOD bases abroad. But he just has not been a leader on these issues. Why not?

Well, Mr Paul does not seem to be capable of compromise. He will not vote for the bills of other members that violate his principles or positions and so has no hope of ever winning their votes for his. He just does not horse trade and as much as you may not like it that is how legislation gets made.

So when I say Mr. Paul would not be an effective President of the United States, it is not based on hate but on looking at his ineffective service in the House of Representatives where he has been a loner not a leader.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

frontpagemag.com...

It was recently observed that Ron Paul was to the left of Obama on national security and the best evidence for that statement can be found when one year ago Ron Paul joined forces with Barney Frank on a proposal to gut national defense via a panel of experts, quite a few of whom were tied to George Soros.
In July 2010, Barney Frank and Ron Paul co-authored a Huffington Post article rolling out their Sustainable Defense Task Force. The Task Force “consisting of experts on military expenditures that span the ideological spectrum” would recommend a trillion dollars in defense cuts. The experts, however, didn’t quite “span the ideological spectrum” — more like float under it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join