It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Affirms His Support for Same Sex Marriage

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

I see this helping out Obama's base for the election, but it will give Romney and the republicans ammunition to fire up their base as well. Obama may have won some left leaning independents with this...but I don't think the Republicans gain much from this.

Actually, it gives people a chance to remember that, about ten years ago, Romney tried to run for the Senate against Ted Kennedy and claimed that he was even more pro-gay-rights than Ted Kennedy and would support legalizing gay marriage and protecting gays with antidiscrimination laws. Romney clearly has flipflopped on that, but the question is, after Election Day, what will Romney really do?
edit on 10-5-2012 by Shoonra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives

I think I am the only liberal left here, you guys have scared them all off,
gotta give me credit for that.

Star for ya!

You might be the most vile Liberal on this site !!!!

Thank you sir! I am fricking disgusting in person... I am 900 pounds, the only work I
do is opening my Government checks from ten different aliases, I only speak Spanish,
I am Islamist, I boo troops, I have a Che bumper sticker TATTOO

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

You gotta good point here, maybe he is so desperate for votes he wants to steal the log cabin Repubs.

What the Hell is a log cabin Republican?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Maybe he was referring to an Abe Lincoln type Republican?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives

Really now go watch some pastor manning videos to see who the bigots are.

Second.

Never heard of him... Why are so many conservative against gay marriage Neo?

Why are liberals so against gay marriage?

This nation is over 200 years old and now it's only an issue?

It's called progress Neo, 50 years ago a black man couldn't sit at the food
counter in Atlanta. 100 years ago Women could NOT vote -

Don't be silly Neo -

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

Maybe he was referring to an Abe Lincoln type Republican?

I wish those still existed, I would probably be one...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Right

Forget that from 2006 to 2010 Democrats held the majority in Congress in the House and they Sill hold Control in the Senate.

So during the first 2 years of the OBama administration they had ample time to "do something" about gay rights and chose other things to pursue.

Which pretty much puts the LGBT way down on the list except when they can score political points and get some cash for a campaign in dire need of funds.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

A Gay person Voting GOP is like Ron Paul voting for Stalin.

Well not quite .....

There are more gay Republicans than you think.

gayrepublicans.org

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

www.logcabin.org...

Good for them, I hope they sway the party, it's about time

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

A Gay person Voting GOP is like Ron Paul voting for Stalin.

Well not quite .....

There are more gay Republicans than you think.

gayrepublicans.org

I just don't think it makes sense to be a part of a political party that widely vote to
surpress your social status. Obviously it does not matter to others, good on them

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Right

Forget that from 2006 to 2010 Democrats held the majority in Congress in the House and they Sill hold Control in the Senate.

So during the first 2 years of the OBama administration they had ample time to "do something" about gay rights and chose other things to pursue.

Which pretty much puts the LGBT way down on the list except when they can score political points and get some cash for a campaign in dire need of funds.

OK Neo

Whatever you say

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Hey, maybe the Prez is campaiging for UN votes.I think he aspires to lead the UN and his admin has been heavily involved with the UN. I believe he plans to implement things from that level when he's finished throwing US sovereignty in the trash.
edit on 10-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
to me, all this means is that obama has NO FEAR of willard mitt romney

i saw this coming, but i thought for sure he was gonna wait til after the election to take this stance. by him coming out and doing it a day after NC voted to amend their constitution is a big F YOU to the GOP

there is no doubt in my mind it will cost him votes, and he clearly thinks that whatever votes he loses still wont be enough for him to lose to romney

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Does his opinion matter to any sane person????
smarties already know his position on each matter....

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

What is insane is thinking you need governments permission or acceptance to live your life how you want to.

Second,.

This is what Ron Paul thinks about Gay Marriage.

youtu.be...

He has held the belief for a long time that the government should not decide who is allowed to marry who, and that it is a right for the individual to decide in a free country. He has said many times that it should be between yourself, your faith, and your religious beliefs, and government should stay completely out of it.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
The VP supported gay marriage!

At the VP debates with Gov. Palin, Biden said he didn't support gay marriage but that he supported gay partner rights ... like visitation rights at the hospital and insurance, etc etc. Palin and Biden actually said they agreed with each other. I remember seeing the exchange on TV. Did he change his mind?

It's been couched like that on MSNBC for days.

Ugh .. *shudder* .... Mika Brzezinski .... Sorry, excuse me, I just vomited in my mouth a bit ...

Anyways, I agree with ya that it will cost him votes. I still think that considering we are
dealing with poltiicians there has to be a purpose to his statement. No politician ever
says anything without calculating it first. I'm waiting to see what the reason was and I'm
sure we wont' have to wait long.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Øbama is just taking a populist position... its very clear this is a political ploy with the invocation of the golden rule as his reasoning... thus distancing his closet Muslim leanings so as to appeal to the masses just 6 months before election

his buddy, the weather underground radical and religious mentor for 20 years likely whispered this ploy to the commander-in-chief

see: Obama's pastor Jeremiah Wright: Former Muslim
infidelsarecool.com/2008/04/jeremiah-wright-former-muslim/
Rev. Wright isn't running for president. Religion and a good pastor doesn't make ..... Jeremiah Wright, Barack Obama's hate-filled pastor of 20 years, ...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
!!!!Ya Hoo!!!!

Great.

I recognize you queers are married.
Congradualtions.

You may now climb into the oven like everyone else.

NOW VOTE FOR ME!!!

I get it.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by meggiddo2012
Well why don't we just go ahead and support bestiality or necrophilia. Why not marry animals or whatever else is unnatural so long as you love it. I love grilled steak, should I marry it? Same sex marriage in unnatural. What was the point of having 2 sexes if you don't need the other. This has nothing to do with rights or freedoms but everything to do with immorality. I don't care if you do not believe in the God of the Bible, sexual immorality is detrimental to the family unit especially homosexuality. Let me give you a few reasons why it is wrong:
It Is Not Marriage
Calling something marriage does not make it marriage. Marriage has always been a covenant between a man and a woman which is by its nature ordered toward the procreation and education of children and the unity and wellbeing of the spouses.
It Violates Natural Law
It Always Denies a Child Either a Father or a Mother
It Turns a Moral Wrong into a Civil Right
It Does Not Create a Family but a Naturally Sterile Union
It Defeats the State’s Purpose of Benefiting Marriage
It Imposes Its Acceptance on All Society

You said all that on another thread and it was just a bigoted opinion then, saying it on this thread doesn't make it any more right.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join