It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast & Oceanic territories of North America Prepare for imminent MEGAQUAKE

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by The angel of light

First at all here the discussion is not about what I like or not to think, you are trying to push this discussion into to the realm of subjectivism,...

Are you sure you even know what that means?

sub·jec·tiv·ism (sb-jkt-vzm)
n.
1. The quality of being subjective.
a. The doctrine that all knowledge is restricted to the conscious self and its sensory states.
b. A theory or doctrine that emphasizes the subjective elements in experience.
3. Any of various theories holding that the only valid standard of judgment is that of the individual. For example, ethical subjectivism holds that individual conscience is the only appropriate standard for moral judgment.

The Free Dictionary

- Only in countable occasions (14) Alaska has also experienced stronger earthquakes of more than 5 in the past 108 years: ( Fairbanks ( 1904), Aleutian Is(1906), Salcha( 1937), Shumagin Is (1938), Unimak Is ( 1946), Fairbanks (1947), Andreonof(1957), Huslia (1958), Fairweather(1958), Prince William sound (1964), Rat Is (1965), Rampart (1968),Andreonof Is (1986), Gulf of Alaska (1987).

Care to try another guess?

Alaska

1899 09 04 - Cape Yakataga, Alaska - M 7.9
1899 09 10 - Yakutat Bay, Alaska - M 8.0
1899 09 23 - Copper River delta, Alaska - M 7.0
1900 10 09 - Kodiak Island, Alaska - M 7.7
1901 12 31 - Cook Inlet, Alaska - M 7.1
1904 08 27 - Fairbanks, Alaska - M 7.3
1908 05 15 - Gulf of Alaska - M 7.0
1910 09 09 - Rat Islands, Aleutian Islands, Alaska - M 7.0
1912 07 07 - Paxson, Alaska - M 7.2
1927 10 24 - Southeast Alaska - M 7.1
1929 03 07 - Fox Islands, Aleutian Islands, Alaska - M 7.8
1934 05 04 - Chugach Mountains, Alaska - M 7.1
1937 07 22 - Central Alaska - M 7.3
1938 11 10 - Shumagin Islands, Alaska - M 8.2
1943 11 03 - Skwenta, Alaska - M 7.4
1946 04 01 - Unimak Island, Alaska - M 8.1 Fatalities 165
1947 10 16 - Wood River, Alaska - M 7.2
1953 01 05 - Near Islands, Alaska - M 7.1
1957 03 09 - Andreanof Islands, Alaska - M 8.6
1957 03 09 - Fox Islands, Alaska - M 7.1
1957 03 12 - Andreanof Islands, Alaska - M 7.0
1957 03 14 - Andreanof Islands, Alaska - M 7.1
1957 03 16 - Andreanof Islands, Alaska - M 7.0
1958 04 07 - Huslia, Alaska - M 7.3
1958 07 10 - Lituya Bay, Alaska - M 7.7 Fatalities 5
1964 03 28 - Prince William Sound, Alaska - M 9.2 Fatalities 128
1965 02 04 - Rat Islands, Alaska - M 8.7
1965 03 30 - Rat Islands, Alaska - M 7.3
1966 08 07 - Rat Islands, Alaska - M 7.0
1972 07 30 - Sitka, Alaska - M 7.6
1975 02 02 - Near Islands, Alaska - M 7.6
1979 02 28 - Mt. St. Elias, Alaska - M 7.5
1986 05 07 - Andreanof Islands, Alaska - M 7.9
1987 11 30 - Gulf of Alaska - M 7.8
1988 03 06 - Gulf of Alaska - M 7.7
1996 06 10 - Andreanof Islands, Alaska - M 7.9
2002 02 06 - near Knik, Alaska - M 5.3
2002 10 23 - Denali, Alaska - M 6.7
2002 11 03 - Denali Fault, Alaska - M 7.9
2003 02 19 - Unimak Island Region, Alaska - M 6.6
2003 03 17 - Rat Islands, Aleutian Islands, Alaska - M 7.1
2003 06 23 - Rat Islands, Aleutian Islands - M 6.9
2003 11 17 - Rat Islands, Aleutian Islands, Alaska - M 7.8
2004 06 28 - Southeastern Alaska - M 6.8
2005 06 14 - Rat Islands, Aleutian Islands, Alaska - M 6.8
2006 07 27 - Southern Alaska - M 4.8
2007 08 02 - Andreanof Islands, Aleutian Islands, Alaska - M 6.7
2007 08 15 - Andreanof Islands, Aleutian Islands, Alaska - M 6.5
2007 12 19 - Andreanof Islands, Aleutian Islands, Alaska - M 7.2
2007 12 26 - Fox Islands, Aleutian Islands, Alaska - M 6.4
2008 04 16 - Andreanof Islands, Aleutian Islands, Alaska - M 6.6
2008 05 02 - Andreanof Islands, Aleutian Islands, Alaska - M 6.6
2009 01 24 - Southern Alaska - M 5.8

USGS source

That seems to be a tiny bit more than 14 quakes above M5...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Hi Dear jadedANDcynical,

Even with your own statisics it is clear that in the last 100 years you reported to have happened 44 seismic motions of really important intensity, although let me point that some of your records show, that is something everybody can verify, the first shock and the immediate aftershock occured with difference of minutes, as it happened in 1957, so it was just only one earthquake.

If we take in account this last observation your very rigorous list might be easily reduced even more below the number you have mentioned. In this sense we are not talking about events that occur all the years, but 1 every 2.3 years in average, in other words 1 every 28 months.

Rougly talking of probabilities this means that, based on historic statistics, an earthquake in alaska has a probability to occur on a specific month of 0.035 and on a specific day of 0.001198 , in other words, that in the period of time of 10 days I was feeling its imminence the probability to "guess" was of just 0.01198 and the one of commit a wrong forecast was of 0.9880 aproximately. This is an objective measure of what a match in between a forecast and its actual accomplishment just by chance would mean on this kind of event. .

Your statistics are important to show that, under any possible interpretation of your interesting data, it is very clear I didn't come here to predict events that occur daily either in Alaska or in other place, also that don't occur every month or even every semester or year, in that sense I am really very satisfied that at least in this you couldn't fine the way to contradict my accuracy substantially with objective evidence, your data is just underlininig what I have all the time claimed, that here there is so serious forecasting of seismic events, it does not matter if the people like my methods or not.

thanks,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 6/4/2012 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by remymartin
Alaska to get a 7+
Greece to get a 6+
Phillipines to get a 7+
Turkey to get a 6+
Israel to get a 5+
vanuatu to get a 7+
This will happen between now and september 2012

1 down 5 to go
www.emsc-csem.org...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by remymartin

Hi remymartin,

Yes, I think that list is a forecast with great probability to be successful, although I also would include more seismic motions in the Artic on the Atlantic side too, every time more and more closer to the Coast of NorthAmerica, and also some others in the Missisippi basin, as well as in Mexico, where the activity will continue for the following months, in a treand going as a giant domino effect from the south west to the northwest.

That is not all, of course we will continue having a lot of volcanic and seismic events in South America, a continent that is entering in great activity all along the andes, and in the north pacific coast of Asia, something that is specially worrying for the USA, since a strong Megaquake in that area could produce a giant tsunami over the Pacific coast of this country.

thanks for your comment,

The Angel of Lightness .

edit on 6/11/2012 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Even with your own statisics it is clear that in the last 100 years you reported to have happened 44 seismic motions of really important intensity, although let me point that some of your records show, that is something everybody can verify, the first shock and the immediate aftershock occured with difference of minutes, as it happened in 1957, so it was just only one earthquake.
emphasis mine

See, this would be an example of you trying to distort facts to fit your observations and align with your prediction, which is the very definition of subjectivism.

Whether or not seismic movement takes place minutes, hours, or days apart, if there are distcint and separate movements (as measured by a seismograph) then they are not the same quake no matter how much you might wish it to be.

Again, with regards to a massive quake in the northwest, that is the Cascadian Subduction Zone, I grant that it is highly likely given your extremely long time frame. Any seismologist (and we have the director of the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network, John Vidale, here as a registered member, whom has also been very open and welcoming of questions, here) will tell you that it is very much expected that a large (M8+) quake will be happening in that area in the relatively near future.

Where you are mistaken, I believe, is your insistence on a large tsunami on the eastern coast of North America. The geological mechanism just does not exist in that area. Even if a quake as large as has ever happened off the coast of Portugal were to happen again, it would not produce a tsunami in such a degree as you are "predicting."

I know I won't change your mind, it's patently clear that it is made up (determined) that you are oh so correct and without flaw. And I'm sure if you respond to me again, it will be more blather that says nothing of substance.

I wish you well.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

The Peace of God to all the belong to the light,
Dear Readers,

Well, in relation with the forecast I gave on June 11th 2012 , here, of important activity in the Far east and South America and now with the seismic motions occured in Japan(honshu), Phillipines(luzon) and Argentina(mendoza) during the weekend it is clear that I have not yet lost my special touch to predict correctly and quickly the arrival of these events.

Here you can verify that all these quakes surpassed the intensity of 5.5 in Richter Scale, and two of them were even above 6.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Thanks for your attention,

Your friend,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 6/18/2012 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light,
Dear Readers,

Once again today we have entered in another very important stage of accomplishment of the events that were predicted to occur in the release of this thread, with the very first strong earthquake in the northwest continental coast of the country.

With two relatively strong earthquakes occurring in Alaska, both in the magnitude of almost 6 on Richter Scale, now we see also an important seismic motion occuring offshore of the coast of Oregon, one of the other Pacific states I mentioned clearly were going to experience this type of events when I posted this prediction.

Please check reports at:
earthquake.usgs.gov...

So, with this event of Oregon and the continuation of the seismic actifity in Alaska we see that gradually there is emerging the whole picture of great unusual peforrmance in the two north coasts of the continent, either on the Pacific ocean and the Atlantic. Let me recall that we have had relevant activity in the Greenland sea few days ago , as well as the Norgean one, in the limits of the Artic.

This sequence of motions are all perfectly consistent with what I predicted were going to be the conditions arriving to North America in this second semester of 2012 and toward 2013.

Again we see that two important earthquakes have occured in Alaska, a region that has shown in the past an average of just 2 of these events happening per year, while in this 2012 we have seen until now 3 in a line in just only a period of a month that this thread have been opened, something that overcome anything predictable based on the seismic statistics of the region.

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 6/19/2012 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Interesting. Sorry, I am a new member and can not yet start my own thread and figured my story may tie into this. Not trying to hijack your thread, just add to it.

I don't usually dream, but last night I had a dream of a large earthquake in La Paz, Bolivia. I've never been there, but the streets cracked open leading towards some old, maybe government, building. I have no idea of the size this would be, but as I said, I don't usually dream, Just struck me as odd that I had one so specific.

On topic, I think a mega quake is due for the whole pacific rim, so predicting earthquakes within this area has a high probability.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DaesDaemar

Hi DaesDaemar,

Welcome to the thread and the forum, I am happy to see your post and well I see you are in an area that certainly is predictable to have seismic activity. As I stated few days ago all the andean side of the south American continent is going to experience great variety of natural events, some of them even of the scale of natural disasters.

We have seen as part of the accomplishment of my predictions in this thread, the intensification of the earthquakes in north Argentina and North Chile, also the increasing volcanic activity in the north Andes, especially in the Columbian ones.

I see that in general the central Andes are experiencing a causal line of earthquakes, while the extreme southern and nothern will be under a combination of moderate seismic activity, but important volcanic one.

Thanks for your reply,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

The Peace of God to all that belong to the light,
Dear readers,

During the last day we have seen again very important seismic activity in the North Pacific coast of the fareast, as I predicted it was going to occur in my post of June 11th.

There was this morning, so soon, a little after midnight, for the atlantic coast time zone, a certainly very important seismic event occuring in Kamchatka, Russian federation.

Please check the following links about it:

www.youtube.com...

atraccion1982-prophecies.blogspot.com...

www.godlikeproductions.com...

This earthquake is now being monitored and reported in many sites in the web and it has catched the atention of many circles involved in predictions and prophecies.

If you check carefully this earthquake, as well as the one occured a week ago in Japan are both located in the region I predicted in June 11th it was going to be very active seismically so soon.

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Dear Readers,

Today once again another important quake has occurred in the north Pacific far east coast, following my forecast of June 11th, and again, for sixth time after my prediction was released in the area of Kamchatka Peninsula, this time with a magnitude of 5.6.

Here is the report:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Kamchatka is a region that have experienced in the past some of the most impressive megathrust earthquakes of the History, with subsequent tsunamis, like the ones happened in 1737( 8.3 magnitude), 1923 (8.5 magnitude), 1952 ( 9.0 magnitude), and 1997 (7.8 magnitude).

On 1952 the earthquake, of the most powerful ever recorded, released a tsunami that affected the entire pacific basin causing devastating damages in Hawaii, Alaska, Chile and New Zealand.

However, the incidence of medium or high intensity quakes in that region annually is relatively low, and the very last chain of earthquakes, like this one, happening in a sequence on the peninsula was in the end of April of 2006 ( earthquakes with magnitude of 7.6, 4.3, 5.1, 6.2, 4.3 and 5.0) causing the death of 40 people.

I hope this time nobody is going to argue that this was indeed an actual very successful and unusual prediction, since my forecast was released two days before the chain started.

thanks,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 6/26/2012 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Dear lucifer

If you want to impress, make it easier
Where is the actual forecast you posted?
June 11 is all you provided. Where, what forum, thread title, link to the posts directly please, so i may check.
I'm not psychic. I have no idea where I can read these predictions.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Sure Violet,

Here it is, I am quoting the original post, but you may confirm it by yourself just checking in this same page here above in my reply to another reader (remimartin).

June 11th 2012 post by the Angel of Lightness, from this same thread.
That is not all, of course we will continue having a lot of volcanic and seismic events in South America, a continent that is entering in great activity all along the andes, , and in the north pacific coast of Asia, , something that is specially worrying for the USA, since a strong Megaquake in that area could produce a giant tsunami over the Pacific coast of this country.

Let me underline that if a Megaquake like the one of 1952 occured this time in Kamchatka, the subsequent Giant Tsunami that might be released could impact the coast of the USA with a delay of about a day at most.

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 6/27/2012 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Dear Readers,

We are finishing a remarkable week in the advance toward the final accomplisment of my predictions, since in just only these last 7 days we have seen four earthquakes in between 4.8 and 5.7 of magnitude, in Richter Scale, shaking the Kuril islands in the Russian Far east.

Please check reports at:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

It is important to recall that it was precisely in that archipielago that in two times: 1963 and 2006 that extremly powerful Megaquakes, among the strongest of the History, occured. In 1963 two megaquakes of 8.5 and 7.8 happened in October with only one week of delay in between one and other, releasing tsunamis of waves with heights from 4.5 mts up to 15mts.

These Tsunamies were felt in very distant areas as Canada, Japan, Mexico, Hawaii, Alaska, California.

In the earthquake of 2006, the tsunami crossed the Pacific and did damage in the harbor at Crescent City, CA, USA. This earthquake was the largest earthquake having occurred in the central Kuril Islands since the earthquake in 1915 with an estimated magnitude of about 8. Post-tsunami surveys indicate that the local tsunami in the central Kuril Islands reached runup of 15 meters or more.

your friend,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 7/15/2012 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Dear Readers,

Again this week a double important seismic phenomenon confirm the trend I have pointed to exist of the progressive intensification of the seismic activity in the North Pacific basin toward a major megaquake disaster so soon to occur.

We have had an important undersea earthquake in surroundings of the continental platform of the State of Washington, an area I have prevented to be a possble target, together with Oregon and British Columbia, of the Megaquake I am foreseeing to happen.

Please read:

earth quake in Washington State offshore

In fact, there were three earthquakes in that submarine area during the previous hours, one of almost 6 magnitude and two after shooks in between 3 to 5.

www.kirotv.com...

Besides that, and as a proof of the precission of my forecasts, there has been just this same week a very important seismic event in the coast of the Russian Far East, a trend I predicted to continue, and this time this has reached the scale of high intensity motion with epicenter located in the offshore of the Okhostk sea nearby the Sakhalin Island. This was a 7.7 richter scale seismic event that has caused panic in Russia and the neighboring Japan.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

decodedscience.com...

www.heraldsun.com.au...

My most respectful and responsible warning to the people living in the north western USA coast, as well as in the far western Canadian, to be prepared for a major emergency caused by a direct earthquake on the coast or by a powerful Tsunami released either from the offshore close to their coast line or from the deep pacific in the surroundings of the Russian far east. .

Your friend,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 8/19/2012 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I realise this is some time after the thread ended BUT I just could not resist this. In relation to your response to Jaded and Cynical.......

- Only three earthquakes ( 1994, 1999, 2006) of your list reached or surpassed the magnitude of 5.0 in the sea to the north of Svalbard in the time frame you have mentioned from 1977 to 2012, that is, in about 35 years!

I guess it depends on how you define "The sea north of Svalbard" but a circular search based on 82.5N, 20E in a 500km radius covers pretty much all of that are effectively and there were ~44 Mag 5 +

See the results of the USGS circular search for yourself

- Only in 7 years from all the time frame you have provided, since 1965 to 2012 there were earthquakes in Greenland sea of magnitude 5.0 or more. ( 1965, 1976, 1983, 1995, 1999, 2011 and 2012), and this is a period of 47 years!

Once again it depends on definition, however 500 km radius of 77,-5 gives 55 events of Mag 5+ betweem 1977 and now

See the results of the USGS circular search for yourself

- Only in countable occasions (14) Alaska has also experienced stronger earthquakes of more than 5 in the past 108 years: ( Fairbanks ( 1904), Aleutian Is(1906), Salcha( 1937), Shumagin Is (1938), Unimak Is ( 1946), Fairbanks (1947), Andreonof(1957), Huslia (1958), Fairweather(1958), Prince William sound (1964), Rat Is (1965), Rampart (1968),Andreonof Is (1986), Gulf of Alaska (1987).

If we say that Alaska is covered by 50 to 65 latitude and -180 to -140 longitude, and additionally for the Aleutians let's say 50 to 57.5 latitude so as not to include Kamchatcka and 165 to 180 longitude then for Magnitude 6+ events (as I assume that is what you mean by the rather imprecise statement more than 5 which could mean 5.1+) then a centennial catalog search (used to get the data between 1900 and 2001) gives 374 events of Mag 6+between Jan 1900 and June 2002 using the SQL Query

SELECT [Magnitude], COUNT([QuakeID])
FROM [QVSData].[dbo].[tbl_CENTDataQVS]
WHERE Magnitude >= 6 AND (((latitude >=50 and latitude = -180 and longitude =50 and latitude = 165 and longitude = 6 AND LEFT(DateTimeAsString,7) >= '2002-07')) applied to the ANSS database between July 2002 and August 2012 we get a further 56 events making a grand total since 1900 of 430.

6.0000 8
6.1000 5
6.2000 9
6.3000 5
6.3600 1
6.4000 6
6.5000 6
6.6000 6
6.7000 2
6.8000 2
6.9000 1
7.1000 1
7.2000 1
7.3000 1
7.8000 1
7.9000 1

By the way if you wish to complain about the eastern part that is fine. Keeping it on the western side of the meridian i.e. from -180 to -140 it still comes to 330 events of Mag 6+

Take in account you are discussing with a Statistician, before to try to use Data to try to deviate the attention on the subject, that this was indeed a remarkable accomplishment of my forecasts on seismic activity, and this is just only the begining, there is a lot more to come.

Maybe before you ply you statistical trade as opposed to your psychic trade, you should get yourself a better source of information.

So, on the score of using Data you get a complete failure from me. I am not going to comment on your predictions, but if you want to do data you have come to the right man.

edit on 29/9/2012 by PuterMan because: Ah, the inevitable speeling erra

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by remymartin

Alaska to get a 7+ [wrong]
Greece to get a 6+ [wrong] (because it was downgraded to 5.9
)
Phillipines to get a 7+ [right]
Turkey to get a 6+ [wrong]
Israel to get a 5+ [wrong]
vanuatu to get a 7+ [wrong]
This will happen between now and september 2012

Much catching up to do in the last day if you are going to make the grade as a reliable predictor of earthquakes. I don't 1 out 6 hacks it.

edit on 29/9/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally you said

In concrete terms I have seen a great seismic motion shaking the soil with terrible violence along one of the coasts of North America, and in my opinion it might be the west one, in an area highly populated and intersected by geolical faults comming from the bottom of the sea to the continent.

and

This means, to avoid any misunderstanding, that we are going to see a sequential occurence of earthquakes from the north east of the country to the north west and finally to southwest coast, in which more or less each one will be stronger than the previous one, starting with one that might overcome the 6 or 7 richter that will be soon, until to arrive to the last one that will be a real Megaquake in all sense, that is, reaching or even overcoming the intensity of 9 richter.

Clearly you are refering to earthquakes in the USA or just off it's coast, but now

My most respectful and responsible warning to the people living in the north western USA coast, as well as in the far western Canadian, to be prepared for a major emergency caused by a direct earthquake on the coast or by a powerful Tsunami released either from the offshore close to their coast line or from the deep pacific in the surroundings of the Russian far east. .

The epicentre has possibly moved to Russia (on the evidence of a somewhat unremarkable 7.7 quake in the subduction zone - wrongly attributed as NOT bing in the subduction zone by one of your links.) I think that could be described as hedging your bets.

I would be very happy if you can predict earthquakes but would appreciate it if you would make a prediction and stick to it, and not change it as we go along.

edit on 29/9/2012 by PuterMan because: to fix a tag

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
my two cents....predicting large earthquakes in large and well-established earthguake zones, can be done by anybody. maybe this is why your predictions do not have the gravitas you desire.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
my two cents....predicting large earthquakes in large and well-established earthguake zones, can be done by anybody. maybe this is why your predictions do not have the gravitas you desire.

Jimmy,

I know and understand what you're trying to say here. But I would like to add a little clarity to it if I could....I would not even go as far as using the word "prediction" as it's disingenuous with respect to Earthquakes.

I truly believe what you mean, (and what is REALITY), is that "assuming the likelihood of...." as a more reliable statement. No one can predict yet, and frankly, I doubt ever will be able to.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join