It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuals have the same rights as heterosexuals.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

As I've stated in a previous reply here:

Gay couples fight for their right to marry because first of all, they are people just like us, that want to love and be married and come together blah blah blah

But think about this - if you aren't married, and your significant other dies, where do their estates go? Not to YOU, unless specified in their will. But who has a will written as we speak? I surely don't because I'm not expecting to die anytime soon. Who's expecting to die today?

Another thing is illness or injury. If your significant other is injured and detained in the hospital you will not be allowed to see them unless you are their LEGALLY MARRIED SPOUSE or their parent. Wouldn't that be hurtful to you, if you missed your loved one in their time of need, or weren't there for their passing just because you're gay?

Lastly - Small things like this happen, where gay people attempt to apply for couple's retreats or couple's suites and are denied simply because they are gay, and their love doesn't fit the definition of marriage!

These are just a few things homosexual couples experience. THIS is why they demand equal rights. It's not to spite Christians and run around screaming "I'M GAY AND I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT" They just want the same rights as everyone else living here.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
Because of people like this op. I'm now considering leaving ATS.

I thought this would be a site that was all about denying ignorance but every other day I log on to see at least one thread where straight people deface people like me for being gay.

If you don't see me on here again, you'll know why

So in other words, you don't agree with the OP so you are going to throw a tantrum as opposed to arguing your point? Sounds fairly ignorant to me. The OP clearly stated he wasn't intending to offend so that leads me to believe you just read the headline and fired off a troll post... Dont let the door hit you on the way out! By by...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenEyedVixen

I highly doubt your whole argument. The agenda is to marginalize the institution of Marriage. I can guarantee if the government said all Gays who want the same benefits as married heterosexuals but they called the Gay union something other than Marriage, the gays would be up in arms about it.

Gays could have the exact same rights under this fictitious scenario but they would demand it be called marriage because they want to bring everyone down to their level. They want to marginalize the institution and justify their lifestyle. I refuse to embrace that and so do the majority of the States in the union...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenEyedVixen

They want the same rights fair enough, just don't call it a marriage and don't pollute our children with gay ads and such.

We here are sick to death of the gay this and gay that ads that permeate our media right now.

Seriously if they quit pushing their beliefs on 99% of the population and aggressively so it might help whatever cause they are into that month.

No matter though because they are (gay and lesbian) really combative.
Regards, Iwinder

edit on 9-5-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Completely putting religion aside I see no issue with gay marriage.From a legal standpoint it's simply a "contract" to support each other financially & emotionally. My wife's got a shedload of gay/tranny mates and I've had tons of conversations with them trying to understand why they are the way they are, and all of them say the same thing.. they don't remember their "wow, I'm gay!" moment. From a very young age they were always a bit feminine and attracted to blokes, it was as much a natural desire for them as it is for me to get excited over a pair of boobs.

Have had a few lesbian mates as well and they've said the same thing. There was no 'magic moment', it was something that they always felt. One even tried (twice) to have a hetero relationship but found it impossible. First time was 16 when she wanted to try and be "normal"..it didn't work. Second time was with a guy that'd be a major catch for any woman (which is the reason why she decided to give being straight another go). He was rich, good looking, romantic, outdoing & everything a girl could ask for (her words), but she just couldn't find that 'spark' that she got when she was with a woman. They ended up being friends only because her level of physical/emotional attraction stayed at the same level as a straight dude saying "that guy must work out" to his mate...you recognise that someone is good looking, but there's no sexual attraction behind it.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Thanks OP for your comments, duly noted.

If the homsexuals want to get together, dont call it marriage, thats already taken. Call it something else, like a couple arrangement, or something. I cant think of the word right now, it was a good one for this situation.

I think what has happened is the homosexual community arent wanting equal rights for their relationships, its acceptance for who they are. I think thats all this means, they want to do what they want and expect everyone around them to accept them as they are, not telling them its wrong. And I think its also important to note, that gay couples, are not in love with each other. Love has many different meanings, but it cannot be used here as the same love as a husband for a wife, as for a woman with another woman. Its not natural, its not normal, why would we call it marriage? The male and female body was made for each other, they fit, thats why its a perfect match. Just think about it.

missoulian.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Etymology

The modern English word "marriage" derives from Middle English mariage, which first appears in 1250–1300 C.E. This in turn is derived from Old French marier (to marry) and ultimately Latin marītāre meaning to provide with a husband or wife and marītāri meaning to get married. (The adjective marīt-us -a, -um meaning matrimonial or nuptial could also be used in the masculine form as a noun for "husband" and in the feminine form for "wife."[11] The related English word "matrimony" derives from the Old French word matremoine which appears around 1300 C.E. and ultimately derives from Latin mātrimōnium which combines the two concepts mater meaning "mother" and the suffix -monium signifying "action, state, or condition." "[12]

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
Completely putting religion aside I see no issue with gay marriage.From a legal standpoint it's simply a "contract" to support each other financially & emotionally. My wife's got a shedload of gay/tranny mates and I've had tons of conversations with them trying to understand why they are the way they are, and all of them say the same thing.. they don't remember their "wow, I'm gay!" moment. From a very young age they were always a bit feminine and attracted to blokes, it was as much a natural desire for them as it is for me to get excited over a pair of boobs.

Have had a few lesbian mates as well and they've said the same thing. There was no 'magic moment', it was something that they always felt. One even tried (twice) to have a hetero relationship but found it impossible. First time was 16 when she wanted to try and be "normal"..it didn't work. Second time was with a guy that'd be a major catch for any woman (which is the reason why she decided to give being straight another go). He was rich, good looking, romantic, outdoing & everything a girl could ask for (her words), but she just couldn't find that 'spark' that she got when she was with a woman. They ended up being friends only because her level of physical/emotional attraction stayed at the same level as a straight dude saying "that guy must work out" to his mate...you recognise that someone is good looking, but there's no sexual attraction behind it.

"they don't remember Wow I'm gay"

That probably is because of all the gay shows and ads on the TV, now we don't do tv here but last I heard was Pink is in for sure.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 9-5-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Let me lay this out for the last d**m time. Before I do that, I have to point out how utterly distorted your sense of logic is and it is actually disturbing to see that some people think like that. Thanks American education system! Jesus.

Gays do not have the same rights as straights IN THE EYES OF THE LAW. I really don't care what the church does or thinks and the federal government is the same way. No one is forcing churches to marry people that is not the point. The point is that gays have the same benefits and LEGAL STATUS as straights in THE EYES OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. Gays can be granted the right to marry each other and that doesn't mean that churches are forced to marry them. You can keep your backwards and hateful church "pure" from any gay sinners, don't worry. Gays would be allowed to get married at the courthouse or whatever office you go to. I'm tired of rewriting this and am not going to clarify any further. I think most intelligent individuals could ascertain what I am talking about and be able to follow my logic. I'm done with this stupid topic. I'm not gay so I could really care less, but it annoys me to no end to see these "freedom fighters" constantly complaining the federal government takes away our rights and then see that same exact group launch a massive persecution campaign against gays to take away their right to marry each other.

Answer this OP:

WOULD IT BE UNCONSTITUTIONAL TO MAKE IT ILLEGAL FOR BLACKS AND WHITES TO INTERMARRY?

Think about that. Realllll hard. That one question contains all the answers and retorts to your premise. It has nothing to do with the church as the church is NOT FORCED to marry gay people. That is why this is an attempt to install christian "values" (yea, right more like idiocy and HATE) in government and have us all subject to your bible's laws. I am not christian and do not want to be subject to your RELIGIOUS LAWS. Get FING REAL. I'm done and never commenting again on this subject. I think my previous post in the North Carolina thread answered everything about the subject and answered every single retort by anti-gay HATE activists. This is sharia law with a christian flavor. America does not want sharia law that you are advocating for. I bet you don't even know a single gay person. This is one reason I hate America so much. We have such hateful hypocritical and hyper-religious zealots that wish for us all to be subject to their biblical law. It's sharia law with a christian flavor. Another ironic thing, that the christians calling for their brand of sharia law constantly criticize Muslims for using the laws of the Koran as the law of the land. GOOD GOD GET REAL! Please answer the question I asked you. I think we should get a huge group of blacks and whites and push in the media to make it illegal for blacks and whites to intermarry. Maybe, christians shouldn't be allowed to marry white people. That would be hilarious as all the older christians from my church are afraid of black men! (It's a common theme.)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
FOR THOSE OF YOU ARGUING SEMANTICS OF THE WORD MARRIAGE:

The Church was the first to perform an official union between two people in civilized society, which is now known as marriage. As such, it created the first definition according to the Bible.

I think, considering this, that perhaps it is time to redefine marriage according to a fair perspective, not just religious...since a lot of people are now atheist anyway (especially the gays trying to get married).

I think that's the solution. REDEFINE MARRIAGE!!! Maybe then we can give up this controversy, this hate-mongering prejudiced conflict, and actually pretend to love each other.

Oops, did I say pretend?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

as long as it is between consenting adults i don't give a # who's plooking who and i find it repulsive that other people feel they have to interfere in this.

when will we stop trying to restrict other people's freedom because they do things we don't? as long as they don't force nor hurt other people, go ahead and create some joy.

this point of view of mine implies that i acknowledge your right to a different view (although I'm not completely convinced that parts of it aren't hurting gay people's feelings?)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Eating pork is also an abomination in the bible, are you abstaining ?

Other Abominations include:

•A proud look (Pro. 6:16-17)
•Offering an imperfect animal to God as a sacrifice (Dt. 17:1)
•Eating unclean things (Isa. 66:17)
•Lending with interest to a brother (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
•Lying with a menstruous woman (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
•Wearing clothes of the opposite sex (Dt. 22:5)

The bias of some that choose to selectively pick individual Old Testament Mosaic laws to support their personal prejudice is most obvious regarding the issue of same sex attraction.

The number one method of stealing in Old Testament times was for a man to dress as a woman. This made it easy for them to rob people. Also, a woman dressing as a man would allow women to steal and be allowed in places that women weren’t allowed and also allow women to do things that, at that time, were not in accordance with law. .. that's why cross dressing was seen as an abomination !

It is hard for people to conceive of a culture where reproducing like rabbits without concern of birth control was a societal and economic necessity but that was the case…back then (estimated global population during christ time was no more that 150 - 170 milion). Paul said in 1 Corinthians to marry for sex (discussed elsewhere in this document)…BUT he was talking to a culture where teens were encouraged to marry and reproduce like rabbits as soon as they had sex drives. The structure of society, the economy, the life span and survival rates and many other factors at that time warranted this as being the best advice. Again, that is just the opposite of what we have today. Today, encouraging teens to marry is usually a recipe for disaster.

The prohibition against gays in the Old Testament could really be said in today’s language as, “Don’t let your gay passion or pagan idolatrous practices allow you to forget or neglect the fact that you have a God given societal, financial and familial obligation to reproduce.” If you were gay, you would still be obligated to reproduce. So important was reproduction that if your brother died without heirs, it was your duty to go and have sex with his wife to give your brother an heir…and this was your duty even if you yourself had a wife!

But now we have filled the earth (the first prime directive) with nearly 7 billion of us, so there really is no need to carry on as if PROCREATION is the be all and end all for every single human being... we are already worrying about the earth being able to sustain us all. A creator would not want us to destroy all our resourses and make ourselves extinct.

edit on 9-5-2012 by AliceBlackman because: spelling

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Show me the proof he wasn't
please

niether he nor the christian god married
maybe it was illegal
edit on 9-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Dan there is no proof Jesus was a homosexual.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
Because of people like this op. I'm now considering leaving ATS.

I thought this would be a site that was all about denying ignorance but every other day I log on to see at least one thread where straight people deface people like me for being gay.

If you don't see me on here again, you'll know why

Oh Please, if I can take it you can take it, lol,

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

Exactly why I don't rely on the Bible as a perfect authority.

Hell, it teaches us to hate just as much as it teaches us to love. There's more damnation and coercion than there is peaceful resolution in that book...

Hundreds of perfectly healthy, well-behaved people have been persecuted and tormented because of what's printed in those pages. And we're just supposed to accept it? Not likely.

My personal experiences with homosexuals tells me that all of this nonsense is just that...nonsense. There aren't any good reasons for this kind of prejudice.
edit on CWednesdaypm222236f36America/Chicago09 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by AliceBlackman

Exactly why I don't rely on the Bible as a perfect authority.

Hell, it teaches us to hate just as much as it teaches us to love. There's more damnation and coercion than there is peaceful resolution in that book...

Funny thing that, I never noticed the hate in the Bible until people pointed it out to me.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo

Some may argue that you do not have a choice in being a homosexual, but you do! You chose to act on your emotions and homosexual urges. Engaging in homosexual activities and acting outwardly homosexual is a choice, no one forced this on you. I know a very effeminate man who seems very homosexual. He has all the homosexual tendencies and is even attracted to other men. He chose not to engage in homosexual activity because he believes it is the wrong thing to do. Today he is happily married to a woman and has three children. This may seem shocking to some of you but just because you feel a certain way does not mean you have to act out this way.

Some of you may feel this post is anti-gay, its not. I am just stating the facts objectively. Remember, sexuality is not democracy. You make the choice to act out on your urges or not to. Sex does not equal love, remember that.

This post is CLEARLY "anti-gay" because your last paragraph tells me A LOT. Sadly, i am not sure whether many people who give you stars for your mental abomination of a post are actually smart enough to be able to read between your lines.

The paragraph with the guy who "did not engage in homosexual activity" and then THANKS GOD!! ended up "happily married" with a woman clearly shows that, in your twisted mind, a gay person therefore cannot be happy...respective could only be happy by going the "right path"...according to your very own, Texan morale?

Most revealing is also your use of the term "have to [...]" since the use of "have to [...]" in your last sentence clearly implies that you consider being heterosexual as "the right, normal thing"..while "being gay" would imply that someone "has to .." but..again, THANKS GOD! (according to your logic) they "don't have to" but have "the choice".

Not only is this scientifically, biological etc. nonsense...it's also a prime example of a disguised, home-phobic post, simply by looking at the wording you use.

Your use of "might be shocking to you" etc... is quite funny since by reading your post, i have reason to believe that there are things out there which might be much more shocking TO YOU - given your rather, limited ability to imagine things which you so nicely demonstrated in your post

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

That's because most of the people teaching about the Bible never bother to mention it.

...except for the people unjustly condemned. Like the homosexuals. But then again, people don't listen to them either. Fortunately, I do.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

I know a very effeminate man who seems very homosexual. He has all the homosexual tendencies and is even attracted to other men. He chose not to engage in homosexual activity because he believes it is the wrong thing to do. Today he is happily married to a woman and has three children.

You mean he completely denied his true self in order to please other people?

That sickens me. That we have to pretend to be something we're not...just because being ourselves results in persecution? What kind of sick world is this?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TruckDriver69

How do you "doubt" it, when these are things that go on throughout this country quite often?

You are truly disillusioned if you believe the reason gay people wish to marry one another is because they want to rub it in the faces of the establishment.

This thread makes me weep for humanity.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by BIGPoJo

I know a very effeminate man who seems very homosexual. He has all the homosexual tendencies and is even attracted to other men. He chose not to engage in homosexual activity because he believes it is the wrong thing to do. Today he is happily married to a woman and has three children.

You mean he completely denied his true self in order to please other people?

That sickens me. That we have to pretend to be something we're not...just because being ourselves results in persecution? What kind of sick world is this?

I agree so deeply and truly with this, Starchild. This resonates with me so deeply and this was my first and true point before I delved into the argument of why lesbian/gay couples wish to be married.

It's a real shame that society is so brainwashed they believe you must repress your emotions on a daily basis to please them.

This world is truly a sick one. To say in the least. I think I'm done here, but I will probably see another upsetting thing and want to confront it.

Guess I should be repressing my thoughts and feelings though. Sorry ya'll
edit on 9-5-2012 by GreenEyedVixen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join