It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuals have the same rights as heterosexuals.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by Stormdancer777

That's because most of the people teaching about the Bible never bother to mention it.

...except for the people unjustly condemned. Like the homosexuals. But then again, people don't listen to them either. Fortunately, I do.

I have stated before I was raised a devout Christian, but never was taught hate.

Back when I was growing up these were not issues we talked about.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Yes parts of the old testament I certainly would not want children reading.....due to the horrific nature of the attrocities described.

the Bible also contains the horrific account of what can only be described as a "biblical holocaust". For, in order to keep the chosen people apart from and unaffected by the alien beliefs and practices of indigenous or neighbouring peoples, when God commanded his chosen people to conquer the Promised Land, he placed city after city 'under the ban" -which meant that every man, woman and child was to be slaughtered at the point of the sword. ”

Thus we read in the Book of Numbers that the Jews "waged the campaign against Midian, as Yahweh had ordered Moses, and they put every male to death... the sons of Israel took the Midianite women captive with their young children, and plundered all their cattle, all their flocks and all their goods. They set fire to the towns where they lived and all their encampments... Then, when they took the captives, spoil and booty to Moses..., Moses was enraged.... 'why have you spared the life of all the women...? So kill all the male children. Kill also all the women who have slept with a man. Spare the lives only of the young girls who have not slept with a man, and take them for yourselves".Num 31:7-19.

Similarly in the Book of Deuteronomy, when the Jews attacked Sihon's Amorite kingdom, "Yahweh our God delivered him over to us... We captured all his cities and laid whole towns under ban, men, women and children; we spared nothing but the livestock which we took as our spoil".Deut 2:33-35

The extent of extermination is described in the scriptural passage Deut 20:16-18 which orders the Israelites to "not leave alive anything that breathes… completely destroy them …" thus leading many scholars to characterize the exterminations as genocide.Niels Peter Lemche asserts that European colonialism in the 19th century was ideologically based on the Old Testament narratives of conquest and extermination.Arthur Grenke claims that the view or war expressed in Deuteronomy contributed to the destruction of Native Americans and to the destruction of European Jewry.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

I'm intensely amused by the absolute horrors portrayed in that book, which so many people will still blindly adhere to.

All of the homosexuals persecuted in the name of God, are only a few of the innocent people who have suffered at the hands of Christians and Catholics. And the reason I bring up both sects, is because they both have the same basic premise: God and Jesus.

And both share the same beliefs regarding homosexuals.
edit on CWednesdaypm303023f23America/Chicago09 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

The sad thing is that if you read the Gnostic texts, it paints a very different picture than that posed in the current accepted version of the Bible.....more in line with the sermon on the mount snippets ....

Also if homosexuality was such a big no no you'd see it mentioned in the 10 commandments ....

edit on 9-5-2012 by AliceBlackman because: added last line

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Yeah they do have the same rights as straight people. Marriage to me is a religious/man and woman thing and should be left that way. If they want to fight for marriage, good luck to them. Really sick of hearing about this subject...

and just to add, our prime minister has said she still won' support gay marriage in Austra;ia. Most likely the only thing she is right about in her 4 year term.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Who cares what the bible says?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

I agree with you that being acting on urges such as homosexuality is a choice.However being homosexual isnt a choice. Lets look at this logically if people chose to be gay would there really be any gay people? Now in your argument if you said choosing to act on an urge doesnt mean others have to accept it. That i would buy for example pedophiles have the urges but society said its unacceptable for them to act on there urge.In Roman culture it was perfectly acceptable.So society is actually what decides if a behavior is acceptable. Society makes laws to manipulate behavior so in effect society decides if gay marriage is acceptable.

Marriage is nothing more then a social contract all ways has been. so society deemed this social contract beneficial mostly to promote children.As an incentive to marry they try to make marriage an attractive option by simplifying the laws. Any benefit you get from marriage can indeed be done by an attorney without being married.As far as taxes want to make it fair add one category single filing jointly though there's very little advantage to filing jointly the wife and i often file separately its usually better for us. So in reality when people say they want to be able to have same sex marriage the truth is they want society to accept them.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
I agree with the OP, now before you jump all over me I have a few questions and a few observations if I may?
First question is why do gay couples have this major need to fit into a certain category called marriage when there are plenty of titles or names they could claim as their own?

Second question is why are gay couples so combative to the point, I really should not have posted here but I did and I am awaiting a full onslaught of nastiness here?

Why has the gay agenda been slathered all over the news? Be it the internet or tv or news papers in recent years?

My personal thoughts are this, I am not a Muslim and I am not a Christian so why may I ask would I demand to be called one or the other? (I follow no faith at all)

Why stir up the pot when you can make your own stew and call it your own?

Marriage is a man and a women period.
You want to couple up either man/man or women/women don't call it marriage please.

Create your own title and be proud of it but please leave the rest of the people out of your lifestyle just like we do for you.

To the OP S&F
Regards, Iwinder

If we followed this logic we would have never done away with segregation, women would never have won the right to vote or to fair wages, and so on.

"Voting is for white, property owning men only!" Remember this one?

"Why should we pay women fair wages? Money is for men, period! Women have been our dependents since the beginning of time, that's the way it has to be, FOR INFINITY!!!!"

"Why bother letting blacks into school with whites? White-school is for whites only! The blacks can go make their own school!"

"Why bother giving blacks equal rights as whites, rights are for whites only! Those blacks can go make their own rights within their own communities, rights are for whites, period!"

Do you see where I'm going with this?

Backwards ideologies are backwards ideologies. Just because something is not socially acceptable does not make it wrong. Minority groups and subcultures have been oppressed throughout history. Contemporary society can never see past its own flaws, and this is for reasons that I'm not going to write about here because it would take forever to explain. To put it bluntly, if society is wrong about something, a ton of people's belief systems will be thrown into upheaval.

Just because marriage is acceptable when it's between a man and a woman does not mean that it has to be between a man and a woman. People with deviant sexual orientations are still people, they should be treated as such.
edit on 10-5-2012 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
I know, it seems shocking but its true. Your sexuality does not define your rights as an American citizen. If you are in the LBGT community nothing has been taken away from you or denied from you. You have equal rights to marry the opposite sex just like heterosexuals do. Heterosexuals also cannot marry the same sex, just like homosexuals cannot. There is a reason for this, it is because marriage is defined by its very incarnation as being between a man and a woman. The idea is that the marriage of a man and a woman will produce offspring which helps grow the economy, that's why married couples get tax breaks. Its an incentive to grow the populous, growth of the populous increases the GDP. Personally I believe that the government should get out of the marriage business, it should be strictly a religious and personal matter.

Some may argue that you do not have a choice in being a homosexual, but you do! You chose to act on your emotions and homosexual urges. Engaging in homosexual activities and acting outwardly homosexual is a choice, no one forced this on you. I know a very effeminate man who seems very homosexual. He has all the homosexual tendencies and is even attracted to other men. He chose not to engage in homosexual activity because he believes it is the wrong thing to do. Today he is happily married to a woman and has three children. This may seem shocking to some of you but just because you feel a certain way does not mean you have to act out this way.

Some of you may feel this post is anti-gay, its not. I am just stating the facts objectively. Remember, sexuality is not democracy. You make the choice to act out on your urges or not to. Sex does not equal love, remember that.

Jeez this post is very ignorant

Marriage is defined that way because of historic precedent... Did you know
women used to be burned for being witches? Did you know black men would
get hung without trial?

Same crap buddy...

Sex requires attraction,

Tell me, can you get a boner for a man?

I cannot, because I am not attracted to men

So how do you expect a gay man who is attracted to men to get a boner for a woman?

And yes, we are free to act the way we want, this is America.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Starchild23

That's because most of the people teaching about the Bible never bother to mention it.

...except for the people unjustly condemned. Like the homosexuals. But then again, people don't listen to them either. Fortunately, I do.

I have stated before I was raised a devout Christian, but never was taught hate.

Back when I was growing up these were not issues we talked about.

How old are you?

You know what year this is?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TruckDriver69

No we don't want to bring anyone "down" to our level! The level that you have placed us on, beneath you! How presumtuous!

You automatically place yourself above us, so why are you better than me!
edit on 10/5/12 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

I too am sick of reading about this subject especially here on ATS, does it suprise you not at all that most of these threads that you hate reading are started by straight homophobes? If they didn't start the thread you wouldn't have to read them and actually you don't HAVE TO READ them, the choice is yours!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
How many more of these "I am not a Homophobe BUT..." threads are there going to be started by STRAIGHT people? It seems as though there is new one every week!
Have you straight people got nothing better to do than butt your noses into the gay residents of the planets bedrooms? How boring your lives must be!
And to all of you who keep saying "If the entire planets population was gay we would die out" I ask you, What's the chance of the entire planets population being gay? Exactly ZERO!
And do try and keep in mind that all of these gay people that you are attempting to keep down are born to you, you made us, you our straight parents!
Any straight folks here want to earn some flags and stars? Start an anti-gay thread!!!!!

You know what's funny about your stupid comment? The gay community is making their business, the heterosexual community's business. Who's prancing around in their parades, with their gay pride signs and flags?

You know what the BIGGEST PROBLEM i have...with the gay community is? Well, it's 2 things....1) they force their SEXUALITY on us; And 2) they BELIEVE everyone should be gay or is gay, just living in denial.

And, before you go spittin' more CRAP....i lived in 2 gay communities.....West Hollywood, and Greenwich Village. I also shared an apartment with a gay man. I speak from my EXPERIENCE. And my experience has taught me that gay people are RUDE and OBNOXIOUS! They have NO RESPECT for the heterosexual community. You know what REALLY PISSES ME OFF....the way gay men, think that they can put their hands on anyone they want. I can't go around town grabbin' on the ladies, as i so please. What gives them the right?

And no, not ALL gay men are like that......but the MAJORITY are. Perhaps you've never seen one of their parades? Grown men acting like girls? Pah-lease.....SEEK THERAPY! You make me ashamed to be a man! REAL TALK!!!

Also, why doesn't the gay community try this: KEEP YOUR AFFAIRS TO YOURSELF; in your own home; in your own bedroom? We KNOW you're gay....you don't need to wave your flags to prove it; and you certainly don't need our approval to be it!

Now, before you go there, with that "homophobic" this...and "homophobic" that nonsense....let me just rebuttle you, 1st. I don't care if you're gay....i care that you push your SEXUALITY on the entire world. Where is our Heterosexual Day Parade?

Oh, while i'm at it.....when 2 people of the same sex, can have a baby together, without medical assistance....then i'll believe God made them that way. Til then, i'll have to go with door #2

Can i also ask the gay community, this: what RIGHTS do you think you're gonna get, being married to each other? Do you know how HARD it is to get a divorce? That's what's gonna happen anyway. I guarantee that 50% of marriages fail, in the gay community; like they fail in the heterosexual community. You have to pay to get in, and you have to pay to get out. That's about the only REAL difference. Oh, and adding another dependant on you tax returns. Woooooo-Woooooooo You're sooooooo special! Welcome to the SCAM!

Sidenote: A "marriage" is a pact between man, woman and God. It has NOTHING to do with a piece of paper you sign at the county clerk's office. So, if you think God honors your 'gay marriage'........perhaps you should read HIS WORD....or find a new name to call the Creator you believe in.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nahahh

You sound so sane! Hahahaha! You make me laugh!

Filled with hate by your god and religion!

Hope you have happy life filled with the bitter bile you spout!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by nahahh

Why do you find it so wrong for a certain set of people to celebrate who they are?

Relgious people like to celebrate who they are, congregating in churches, having parades and fates and get togethers, and some like to ram their religion down non-religious peoples throats.

How is that any different?

Now i'd also like to point out that you have a very warped view of the Homosexual community. Perhaps your own experiences were viewed through hate filled eyes.

I am a straight Female who lived in a house full of Gay men, who had many Gay friends. They did not think everyone was Gay, they did not get handsy with their Straight Male or Female friends, or eachother. They were not all camp and in your face, and they were certainly not rude and obnoxious.

We would all go out to Gay clubs on occasion, in my clubbing days. Our large group was half Straight half Gay. So we would alternate between Gay clubs, pubs and events and your run of the mill clubs, pubs and events.

Myself and other Females would be treated like princesses in Gay clubs and our Straight Male friends would be treated with respect and always had a brilliant time. They were never groped or hit on. In fact, many of our groups Straight people would have a better time in Gay Clubs and Events then they would your normal run of the mill type places.

There is no Gay Agenda. The only reason this Gay Agenda exists, is through the minds of bigoted straight people, who are scared of what they don't understand.

edit on 10-5-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

I as a gay male would like to thank you for this, I have wanted to say it myself but knew that it would hold more weight coming from one who has experienced life as a straight person with gay friends! You are lucky to have the friends you have and they are lucky to have you as their friend!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Homosexuality is NOT a 'lifestyle'.
Get off the Martha Stewart will you?

Personally, I find the idea of marriage repugnant and I see nothing in heterosexuality worth emulating.
Procreation is now a cancer upon the earth, make no mistake.

Certain of the gay community had coopted this vile term for lack of anything better to describe the desired protections and exclusivity (albeit, archaic) implied.

Don't puff yourself up with mistaken ideas.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by SG-17

jesus never said to hate Homosexuals
or that it was a sin
he said love your enemas

christians cite leviticus
and if the christians really wanted to site leviticus
they would cite ALL of leviticus

IMHO many christians are so afraid of people pointing out Jesus had a gay life style they will satanize anybody they can get their hands on to avoid looking into that mirror
edit on 9-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

You believe Jesus was a homosexual;?

I'll quote the King James of the King James bible:

"I love the Earl of Buckingham more than anyone else," James announced to his councilors, "and more than you who are here assembled." He compared his love for the earl to Jesus's affection for the "beloved disciple" John. "Jesus Christ did the same," the king said, "and therefore I cannot be blamed. Christ had his John, and I have my George."

etb-history-theology.blogspot.ca...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Love does not equal sex. Keep that in mind.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I'm from the UK and I have to say I am disgusted with the Americans.

Here gay marriage really isn't a big deal. Being gay isn't a big deal.

Why?

Because we seem to be more mature than some of you Americans who are happy to deny people their fundamental right to free will and choices, but it's the same people denying these rights to gay people who start moaning when the big bad government restricts their rights.

They are all a bunch of hypocritical, discriminating fools who need to get their head out the bible and ancient times and into the 21st centuary.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join