It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have superpowers. Read this thread if you don't believe me.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by smithjustinb

I must have missed it.....What superpowers do you claim to have??

The power of my existence as exemplified by others observing my presence. I can make people feel more alive by them just being around me.

Also, I have a shining look in my eyes that you can feel.

I feel you my brother. Sorry about the one liner but I am here reaching out because I walk this path in my own unique way as well. The observer is the universe.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I have super powers as well. I can make my eyes go purple.

I'm sorry, I just wanted an excuse to post this purple eye. Forgive me.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The League of Justice, The X-Men, and The Avengers would all be fighting amongst themselves for the chance to recruit you. Their members can fly, become invisible, shapeshift, control the weather, and manipulate matter at the atomic level. But they would be green with envy if they had shiny eyes and the ability to make those around them feel good.

The most powerful super villains would flee in terror once they realized that your eyes shine because you 'see the glory of the universe'.

edit on 9-5-2012 by ColeYounger because: I don't have spelling superpowers.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
@OP: What incongruence exists between your theory/knowledge and that which is put forth in the popular self-help book "The Secret" ? i.e. the law of attraction, thought/feelings manifesting reality etc.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I can ALSO turn invisible when no one is looking at me! We're like brothers!

Joking aside. Very nice idea but the title is very misleading and I suggest changing it. It would be akin to me saying we were being invaded by the Russians and go into my theory why capitalism is wrong.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
How does a post like this make front page!?!?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

The power of my existence as exemplified by others observing my presence. I can make people feel more alive by them just being around me.

OP for a millisecond there just reading your thread I almost felt more alive and even maybe kind of believed you for a moment. But I do believe that if you practiced and worked at it you might be having some lol powers, after all this thread made me
so in a way you may have some superpowers. The power to create very amusing threads.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I understand what you are trying to say OP but the reason it's being criticized and mis-understood is kind of paradoxal. I think most people understand what you are saying but are teasing you because you are presenting it as a "super power" when it's simply an inner instinct that everyone has.

In other words I'd say that it's sort of something everybody knows like some kind of universal law and by labeling it a "super power" you are implying that it's "special" and not "universal" at all.

That being said the "philosophy" you are presenting isn't new at all.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outofcontrol
My super power is... common sense.

Since its so rare these days!

Same with common cents. Got a $20 I can borrow?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
I have super powers as well. I can make my eyes go purple.

I'm sorry, I just wanted an excuse to post this purple eye. Forgive me.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

LOL I do that too! I posted a few music clips and tried to make them into a controversy, but I just wanted to share those clips.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Because people keep posting on it....

No such thing as having "super powers" really.
Now having a brain that actually works,
although super, and powerful, does not make it a super power.....

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Yeah, OP, you're smart. I've seen myself and others do unexplainable things, but it all comes down to the fact that persepective is reality. If you believe it is, then it is. Simple as that.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Then why do I feel like crap reading this?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

yes.. it's called Charisma

it's a gift a few of us have

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Oh....this is philosophy, then.

Okay. Sure, why not. Everybody is a star. No one leaves without a trophy. We are the world.

So, what do I win?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I have that same effect, but people tend to feel a lot more alive around me as a result of direct comparison.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I died a bit just reading and contributing to this thread.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
mega man defeats master robot smithjustinb! gains SHINY EYE power.
f*** yea.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

I have that same effect, but people tend to feel a lot more alive around me as a result of direct comparison.

Best response for humor, yet. I LOL'd.

There is no separation, only the appearance of separation.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I'm just disappointed. I read the title, then came to the thread and read all through it and found out they weren't "real" superpowers, just philosophical ones. I was initially excited because I thought maybe there was someone else like me, but alas, I am still all alone.
Having all these superpowers I have is really disappointing when I'm the only one that has any. It gets lonely

Oh well, if I wait another hundred years or so, maybe somebody will come along that also has them and I won't have to be lonely anymore :sigh:

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join