It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have superpowers. Read this thread if you don't believe me.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous
reply to post by jiggerj

You both don't get it then do you. This is accessible to everyone. It no longer makes it super. In fact everyone one of us does this everyday we daydream for moments that bore us. It's fine, yes, it's all very miraculous and amazing, but what is a regular power if this is super?

Now that you admit it is accessible to everyone, and everyone has this ability, review the original post again and fully consider the implications what we are talking about here. Then you tell me if it's super or not. If, at that point, you don't realize that it is super, then it is you who doesn't get it.

The awareness of anything as "super" is always a choice. If you choose to be aware of something as super, then it will be super unto you. This is really all we're talking about here.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

You both don't get it then do you. This is accessible to everyone. It no longer makes it super. In fact everyone one of us does this everyday we daydream for moments that bore us. It's fine, yes, it's all very miraculous and amazing, but what is a regular power if this is super?

I did say that 'superpower' was an exaggeration. And yes, we all do it, whether we're aware of it or not.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by smithjustinb

I must have missed it.....What superpowers do you claim to have??

You are the light of the world! Some, to avoid the implications of this, however, sadly, would prefer to reduce the human being to a mere "thing", which is the most absurd and ridiculous proposition going, and whoever proposes that, is really a fool, since he (or she) is completely lacking in self awareness which is the only real knowledge that is possible.

edit on 8-5-2012 by NewAgeMan because: damn typo fixed.

I'm not here to appear a fool. I would love very much to think we are "lights of the world", but so far, we aren't. Look around. Where are all these "lights of the world?". Point one out to me—and it can't be the guy who claims to have superpowers. We are not the "lights of the world"—whatever that means—If we were, we would be, but we aren't. Wishing something to be true, doesn't make it so, that would be absurd, and whoever proposes that, is really a fool, since he (or she) is completely lacking in self awareness, which is the only real knowledge that is possible.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by jiggerj

The awareness of anything as "super" is always a choice. If you choose to be aware of something as super, then it will be super unto you. This is really all we're talking about here.

I understand that. We all have a have a different spectrum of description. But why address this as a power that we aren't aware of using all the time?

Edit: I don't think it's super enough. To other animals and life forms on the planet, I feel like I have super powers, but among other people, I see the same, just some with more practice...granted with some savants and geniuses here and there.
edit on 8-5-2012 by juveous because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
seems to me you are a muse in essence?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sgspecial19

This quote hits hard, because once people like us take full responsibility for our actions, there's this weight lifted off our conscious mind and that creates more room to manifest positive ideas. Balance is one thing that is very important to me spiritually; we use this knowledge for good intentions, and never with an entitlement or superiority from those who do not understand.

I agree with you and the op and also understand.
Can I ask you though, do you feel a different kind of pressure when examining those positive ideas through to consequences? I'm not even sure that question reflects what I ask...less mechanical, more aware, more time?

There is much power in the written word still and you guys are wise, thanks for the thread op x

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Unity means that your internal subjective mind and the outside objective world are one.

Subjective relativity isn't false, it is just you. Your perception of the universe becomes the objective you. Think about that real hard. Try to grasp the implications of it.

Nothing that exists can be false. Existence is truth. Even if it is your imagination, it is true because it exists. Even if it only exists in your head, all is one. It's not only in your head, it shines through your eyes for all to see. What you think about the universe matters not only to you, but also to all.

What you see, externally, is you. The brighter the outside is to you, the brighter you will be to it. A "light being" is an observer who has chosen to unconditionally see, to a high magnitude, the beauty, glory, and greatness of the universe. You can make what you observe become more alive in your presence just by what you become on the inside. If you take responsibility for what you think and do, and know that it does matter for the reasons I have said as well as for countless other reasons, then you will understand. Then you will know that you have superpowers.

I read your post as you asked.....that is 2 minutes I will never get back.
All you philosophical hippy types are full of suggestions but short on any concrete substance.

Thanks for wasting my time.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Dude, your superpower sucks. Intellect is no superpower. I always suspect those who claim to be really good at something of being on meth. Delusions of grandeur always seem to accompany chemically induced psychosis.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Doesn't this revolve around you supposedly seeing yourself seeing other stuff in your mind's eye?

There is no practical purpose to that. However, it does indicate a certain degree of narcissism...I mean, who watches themselves watching something? Is it that important that they get their expressions just right?

No it's not
, how exhausting, and That is the reason you can't forget who you are, when you do see more, so the added pressure imo anyway...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

That was beautiful, thanks for sharing it, I had not hear/read it before.

Star and a X for you

edit on 8-5-2012 by AussieAmandaC because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Are you suggesting then that we are just a thing or an it?

It seems to me that those who oppose the idea that we are more than surface appearance and in fact do possess latent abilities to influence others and the world around us in extraordinary ways are to a one, materialist monist atheists, and to a one they seem to want to insist that we are nothing but a thing or an it, or at best just another animal, which if I'm not mistaken runs contrary to the "qualia" our own personal experience.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

I must have missed it.....What superpowers do you claim to have??

You are the light of the world! Some, to avoid the implications of this, however, sadly, would prefer to reduce the human being to a mere "thing", which is the most absurd and ridiculous proposition going, and whoever proposes that, is really a fool, since he (or she) is completely lacking in self awareness which is the only real knowledge that is possible.

edit on 8-5-2012 by NewAgeMan because: damn typo fixed.

I'm not here to appear a fool. I would love very much to think we are "lights of the world", but so far, we aren't. Look around. Where are all these "lights of the world?". Point one out to me—and it can't be the guy who claims to have superpowers. We are not the "lights of the world"—whatever that means—If we were, we would be, but we aren't. Wishing something to be true, doesn't make it so, that would be absurd, and whoever proposes that, is really a fool, since he (or she) is completely lacking in self awareness, which is the only real knowledge that is possible.

Firstly we are made up of light, sound and the smallest particles. you are light, you are not a black hole of non existence.
Self awareness is only the beginning...look how far we've come and what we have achieved as a whole, it is not perfect, but it is far from messed up and doomed. It is the most beautiful thing and we are part of that thing, the labels don't matter.
Hope and a natural desire for honesty is how most people will see this. Humans have so many unique emotions that until you've tried to understand in all honesty knowing them all, it can be difficult to see much of anything.
You kind of have to switch off to switch on.
And yes it can feel like a super power, that's why it's very important to remember yourself afterwards, and move forwards.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

What your saying is simple enough to grasp. I think your problem in communicating it is how you approach it.

I can make people feel more alive by them just being around me…..

Also, I have a shining look in my eyes that you can feel…..

the glory of the universe that I behold is the glory of the universe that others can behold in me just by seeing me…..

By me becoming more alive due to the way I perceive the universe, the universe becomes more alive in my presence…..

First you have to grasp the reality that all is one. If you have not grasped that yet, you may not be ready for this next level of truth.

First you imply that basically just seeing you will impart some grand gift and then you follow by implying anyone who cannot see the world the way you do is inferior to you. When in fact you are saying things that have been said over and over again and thought about by most everyone. You almost sound as if you think you have discovered some new great truth making you a messiah of sorts.

Most of us get that out of our way by the end of High School then we realize that life also involves sacrifice and hard work to be truly rewarding. Being one with the Universe won't feed the kids, buy diapers or keep a roof over your head. At some point reality enters your world or the Universe becomes a very dark place. We see those who never make the transition from philosophy to reality all the time in lines in front of the local Rescue Mission. Some never do transcend from a false spirituality to the world of reality where you eat or you die.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

I'll play the "devil's advocate" here, and offer up what the materialist monist atheist would say.

No, we're just animals, and all those emotions and subjective experiences are nothing but highly evolved and complex bio-chemical reaction/response mechanisms, mostly occuring inside the scull. Free will and even the notion of having a "self" are just illusions. We are a thing, an it, driven by selfish desires in one form or another nothing more. All this "woo woo" quantum spiritual newage nonsense isn't reality based, just wishful thinking, and delusional. Science rules, and all this oneness and spiritual nonsense makes no sense in light of scientific scrutiny and analysis. It's all just physical, so don't let a bunch of chemical responses delude you into thinking you have a soul or that you are anything but future wormfood. Life is absurd and meaningless. Get used to it!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Oh boy , I've waited months for the inevitable "I have super power's" thread. Usually they come a little quicker but it's been awhile since the last one.
I was expecting, to say the least, a good read and a good chuckle, but after barely a paragraph of dribble I am sadly disappointed.
Barely an attempt at anything that makes sense.
We all have the power to change peoples lives with positive energy and kindness and intellect, that doesn't mean we have "super powers".
Dude, that was weak. Like a previous poster said that's two minutes I will never get back. All your so called super powers have done is pissed me off.
It would seem you need to work on your delivery and make sure you've got your super power switch turned on to "do good" mode and not " this is why I can't make friends" mode.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

This one is different. It's just not expressed well. No bad intent here at all.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by mark1167

This one is different. It's just not expressed well. No bad intent here at all.

Yeah I know we all have to be politically correct and touchy feely and we can't hurt anyone's feelings, but you know what I expect more from someone with 234 threads and over 3400 posts, 2600 stars and over 1100 flags like the OP has. When your that prolific in just two years on the site you should have a pretty firm grasp on how to get your point across. It seem's like mediocrity is the norm now and if you want to pander to that then be my guest.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

delusions of grandeur is what you have.
edit on 8-5-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I'm faster than a speeding turtle, able to leap tall footstools in a single bound, bend aluminum in my bare hands and communicate vocally, textually and with body language. Don't fear me, I pledge to use my powers for good, not evil

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

reply to post by AussieAmandaC

I'll play the "devil's advocate" here, and offer up what the materialist monist atheist would say.

No, we're just animals, and all those emotions and subjective experiences are nothing but highly evolved and complex bio-chemical reaction/response mechanisms, mostly occuring inside the scull. Free will and even the notion of having a "self" are just illusions. We are a thing, an it, driven by selfish desires in one form or another nothing more. All this "woo woo" quantum spiritual newage nonsense isn't reality based, just wishful thinking, and delusional. Science rules, and all this oneness and spiritual nonsense makes no sense in light of scientific scrutiny and analysis. It's all just physical, so don't let a bunch of chemical responses delude you into thinking you have a soul or that you are anything but future wormfood. Life is absurd and meaningless. Get used to it!

If I be but animal with bio-chemical/response mechanisms occurring only inside the skull, how then did I change my outside appearance, how is that obvious to all around me as well? In fact my husband and children are different too, is this all in my head? In their heads? I am not who I was yet, the same person.
Telling myself that I wasn't afraid to be worm food for the right cause was what got me started on this path

The only selfish desire I had was to not be moved from here until the mess is cleaned up, and all are given the same opportunity to grow and live as I have been given, I'm not going anywhere. Some have so much and others have so little and all from the one species of animal, that doesn't even sound like the natural order of things to me, does it to you?

I don't think you understand yourself.
I do not need to scientifically scrutinise or analyse who/what I am that is the most 'absurd' thought, I'm measured by my surroundings and what I have created and they are perfect and beautiful.
How's your surroundings? Or were you being contrary just for the sake of being contrary?

My opinion is no one should be left behind, these ideas are nothing new, just some had a head start (a few hundred years) and have used what they learned to further themselves. Every one will experience before the next couple for years are done, it all looks different after that. Levelling of the playing field will continue, so to speak....but good luck with your journey.
Alls fair in Love and War.

What is your real opinion or do you feel safer referring to a second party for your opinion?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join