I have superpowers. Read this thread if you don't believe me.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I do not need mortal confirmation of my hyperdimensional frequency-based powers, thank you.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
with these super powers, does this mean you are a super hero ?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

I must have missed it.....What superpowers do you claim to have??

The power of my existence as exemplified by others observing my presence. I can make people feel more alive by them just being around me.

Your superpower is that you exist? Very unlikely. If you inspire people around you, it is because of your actions, not your presence. Maybe you're speaking metaphorically—it's hard to tell.

Please, since we are all one, and you possess superpowers, you should be able to make me feel more alive. You can start now. I'll report back once I feel it.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
OP I think some misunderstanding take your thread in a tone of ego related and not data sharing of their potential gifts/skills/hidden abilities they too may possess but may not be aware of as of yet.

All I'm doing here is trying to show people that their existence and their opinions of existence very much matters.

They ARE getting it even if subconsciously. Good luck

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rom12345

Yes, of course, why do you ask? You do not understand the alien mind.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Thank you for the lecture I refused to read.

Once you have reached my level of dimensionality, never, we can speak again.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CarolMistsofAvalon

Bold claims require proof. Until then, they are just bold claims.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Bold questioning requires authority, I deem that you have none.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

HERE AND NOW THE OFF TOPIC AND RUDE POSTS STOP.

YOU WILL BE POST BANNED.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I know this is the philosophy forum, but this is just ridiculous. No one here believes these are superpowers, so again, you are just convincing yourself. The Avengers just came out in theaters and you come here with this

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
My powers are creative mind powers. We all have them and we are all aware of them. Its just a matter of actuating your potential. I'm not only talking about conventional potentials of societal practicality such as: a good carreer. I'm talking about creating opinions. When you have an opinion of something, it effects how you see it. So its not that you create what you see, but rather, what you see changes its meaning to you. Now the real power of this is that the meaning of things can change in such a way as to reveal what some might call, "a higher level of perception".

Love is more than a romantic emotion. Love changes the way you see things. Love makes things more vibrant, more alive, and more real. Basically, my thread is about coming to enjoy existence as a way to make it more real. Realness is variable and is highly dependent on your love for reality. When you make the world more real in your mind, you develop an unmistakeable presence about you.

Your whole life, you could exist and go through the motions of life in a quality of dullness and insignificance and your entire being, inside and out, will reflect dullness and insignificance. OR, you could go through the motions of life in a quality of significance and shining realness.

My thread was designed to show you how and why.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous
I know this is the philosophy forum, but this is just ridiculous. No one here believes these are superpowers, so again, you are just convincing yourself. The Avengers just came out in theaters and you come here with this

The fact of your existence alone is a superpower.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

I must have missed it.....What superpowers do you claim to have??

He has the power to influence everyone and thus the world at large at one level or another and is aware of it, and that's power, real power of the authentic variety, the power to ultimately move whole mountains of historical or karmic causation. It is the recognition that "we are the light of the world" and people know it. Some days for me, everywhere I go smiles are placed on people's faces and it's not because I look silly or foolish either. We must place our light out on the lampstand so to speak so that it will shine for all in the house. You are the light of the world! Some, to avoid the implications of this, however, sadly, would prefer to reduce the human being to a mere "thing", which is the most absurd and ridiculous proposition going, and whoever proposes that, is really a fool, since he (or she) is completely lacking in self awareness which is the only real knowledge that is possible.

edit on 8-5-2012 by NewAgeMan because: damn typo fixed.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Doesn't this revolve around you supposedly seeing yourself seeing other stuff in your mind's eye?

There is no practical purpose to that. However, it does indicate a certain degree of narcissism...I mean, who watches themselves watching something? Is it that important that they get their expressions just right?

I dunno, sometimes (very rarely but I do) think this world is a story and I'm the only real character. I mean, come on, we have war in the TWENTY-FIRST century? How can this possibly be? We're so intelligent, but we haven't stopped war yet? It's like reading a ridiculous part of a story and yelling, 'THAT CAN'T HAPPEN!'

The whole world goes nuts over spectator sports and there's NOTHING relevant about them.

I could go on and on about how things just don't make sense. The only way to cope is to blank it out of my mind.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Starchild23

Doesn't this revolve around you supposedly seeing yourself seeing other stuff in your mind's eye?

There is no practical purpose to that. However, it does indicate a certain degree of narcissism...I mean, who watches themselves watching something? Is it that important that they get their expressions just right?

I dunno, sometimes (very rarely but I do) think this world is a story and I'm the only real character. I mean, come on, we have war in the TWENTY-FIRST century? How can this possibly be? We're so intelligent, but we haven't stopped war yet? It's like reading a ridiculous part of a story and yelling, 'THAT CAN'T HAPPEN!'

The whole world goes nuts over spectator sports and there's NOTHING relevant about them.

I could go on and on about how things just don't make sense. The only way to cope is to blank it out of my mind.

You make your own truth and it exists solely for you. You are free to make your own truth whatever you want, and no one is here to stop you. Relevance, importance, meaning, realness, beauty, glory, greatness, etc. are all relative. They all depend on your choice to observe them and they all are for you to observe. Without your choice to observe them, they won't exist for you. This is our superpower. It is our choice to see the world in a super way. And when you see it that way, it becomes that way for you. Your true importance is that no one in the universe can see the universe how you can. The way you see the universe matters in unimaginable ways to you... if it matters to you.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Maybe the word superpower is an exaggeration, but to a certain degree I have to go with him on this one. We live our lives entirely within our minds. We don't really see, hear, feel, smell, or taste anything. Our brains take in these stimuli and translate them into our perception. We are experiencing our brain functions - that's all. What are emotions except brain responses?

So for each of us, we are our own universe. We can reach out and manipulate that universe according to our whims and fancies. You have the power to anger someone, or to ease someone's pain, and the choice you make will define you.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You both don't get it then do you. This is accessible to everyone. It no longer makes it super. In fact everyone one of us does this everyday we daydream for moments that bore us. It's fine, yes, it's all very miraculous and amazing, but what is a regular power if this is super?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Maybe the word superpower is an exaggeration, but to a certain degree I have to go with him on this one. We live our lives entirely within our minds. We don't really see, hear, feel, smell, or taste anything. Our brains take in these stimuli and translate them into our perception. We are experiencing our brain functions - that's all. What are emotions except brain responses?

So for each of us, we are our own universe. We can reach out and manipulate that universe according to our whims and fancies. You have the power to anger someone, or to ease someone's pain, and the choice you make will define you.

Precisely. Everything you experience is your yourness. So any definition to anything is going to shape what exactly your yourness is. Any kind of quality you assign to your yourness is going to make your yourness that. And your yourness is all you have. For you, it is all there is.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum