It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Human Seismograph Says: Big Earthquake Eminent

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

Very rude! People who think this is a "crackpot" website should not be allowed on here. There are plenty of well educated, good people on here, we don't need to hear from the likes of you.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Seems like the midwest is adjusting to all the pacific plate movement, It's so cool to watch nature do it's thing

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
seems like your husbands seismo-butt is a little off.
lucky this is just some crackpot website, otherwise you'd probably be carted off to the funny farm.

ha! that's just silly. people make predictions all the time. some people have arthritis pains when it rains. no reason at ALL to say she would need to be headed to the funny farm. she didn't say she's 100% without a doubt it was right. she didn't say she heard voices no one else could hear. sheesh.

*edit to add: nice to see i'm not the only one that thought it was rude. why do some people need to come post just to say something negative? why bother? just walk away.
edit on 10-5-2012 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
EQ in OK 3.9

Things moving in unusual areas today.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Des

True... look at the 3-something in Indiana today. Odd places today. OK City has had them pretty commonly over the past couple of years, but yes, TX/almost Louisiana, & Indiana. That Indiana spot had one or two smaller ones in the past month, and now this one. It is interesting that areas surrounding the NMF are having quakes, but not too much on the actual fault. Could there be pressure pushing in from both sides as the quakes release pressure? Been quite a few quakes on the east coast in the u.s., eastern Canada, and the near-Atlantic in the past few months.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

i'm an open minded person, but i like to poke fun at people.
someone make's a stupid thread, then its ok that i make a stupid post.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Stupid is as stupid does is no excuse for being stupid son.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

edit on 10-5-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mountaingirl1111

EQ in OK 3.9

Things moving in unusual areas today.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Des

True... look at the 3-something in Indiana today. Odd places today. OK City has had them pretty commonly over the past couple of years, but yes, TX/almost Louisiana, & Indiana. That Indiana spot had one or two smaller ones in the past month, and now this one. It is interesting that areas surrounding the NMF are having quakes, but not too much on the actual fault. Could there be pressure pushing in from both sides as the quakes release pressure? Been quite a few quakes on the east coast in the u.s., eastern Canada, and the near-Atlantic in the past few months.

I think you may be spot on. These smaller EQ's on the outside edges of the NMF could very well be releasing pressure from deeper within the fault line. I've been busy with other things today, so haven't had the chance to research fracking in the EQ vicinities. It could be that too. IDK

Des

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Well...that says a lot. You just lost about 10 years off your age in my mind. Don't you have a video game to play or something. Other than insulting some pretty serious members here.

Des

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

To the OP: I would push the "alert" button on this guy! ATS just got through putting out a thread about this type of behavior on threads, and they said people who do this will have their membership canceled. Get rid of him!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Just because the latter is true it does not follow that the former is as well.

There are plenty of less than kook-ish posts and members here. Apparently you haven't found them, or rather you're unable to recognize them...

The Texas quake very well could be related to petroleum extraction:

The red circles are either frack pads or traditional drill sites. The traditional drill sites could even be used for wastewater disposal as I was informed by dragonlover in a u2u.

disposal well
1. n. [Well Completions] ID: 2629

A well, often a depleted oil or gas well, into which waste fluids can be injected for safe disposal. Disposal wells typically are subject to regulatory requirements to avoid the contamination of freshwater aquifers.

source

The Oklahoma quake appears to be in a rural residential neighborhoods and I do not see any of the telltale sites which are the rectangular well pads. Nor do I see any near the Indiana quake. Trust me or look for yourself, but I've gotten pretty good at spotting them during my time and research in the Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one thread.

The Oklahoma quake isn't really in the NMSZ, and neither is the Indiana one but it is closer to the northern boundary:

Regardless, seismic activity has picked up again after a bit of a lull as has been discussed on the Quake Watch 2012 thread.

The last time a lull in quakes was discussed was in April, about a week before the two M8's in Indonesia...

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Of course I'm insane, so are you and so is every other single person on this planet.

Why would spiritual beings want to confine themselves to these limited shells called bodies?

Got some crazy learning to do is all I can figure for life is a lesson and you won't get out until you've learned what you're here to learn.

Brain=on always

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

To the OP: I would push the "alert" button on this guy! ATS just got through putting out a thread about this type of behavior on threads, and they said people who do this will have their membership canceled. Get rid of him!

I agree. Anyone here that feels the same can push the alert on this character, just like I just did.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Well...that says a lot. You just lost about 10 years off your age in my mind. Don't you have a video game to play or something. Other than insulting some pretty serious members here.

Des

This is actually my first post on ATS. I've been reading it about a year and a half or so... The hypocrisy in this reply upsets me. At what point does video game playing equate to maturity? You're just as bad as him when he calls someone stupid. I think what most people fail to realize is that labeling any group as anything is equivalent to name calling. Just had to let my rage out. Please be a little more thoughtful before you go on to lecture anyone. I don't mean to personally berate you, but I see a lot of this in life. Hard to make any progress when we're all pointing fingers.

--Seneca

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS Seneca. Point taken. I guess being 61 years old, I see immaturity in the poster you are referring to. Also, I've had similar interactions on another thread, where he displayed the exact same behavior. He likes, as in, enjoys, disrupting a thread. Making constant comments on the stupidity of a thread, and the members posting in it....is immature. To openly say, he likes doing that, is immature.

I made the mistake of letting my emotions from interacting with him in another thread, bleed into this one. This thread was started by a good friend, I respect highly....my mistake in letting emotions over-ride indifference.

I shall treat him with total indifference from now on. But, in all honesty, based on all his other posts I've read, he does seem rather young. As in, he sees absolutely no validity of this thread's topic, not the people who took the time to participate in this thread.

Hope to see you again Seneca....

Des

edit on 11-5-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

You know what they say about those types... "Don't feed the troll!". The best you can do is not teach him that he'll rile you up. I've been glued to this thread myself. I've been lurking a long time, more than an hour a day... I mean you no disrespect. I just get a little upset when people assume that common sense and wisdom are somehow inherent to age. Now, let us please return to the regularly scheduled thread.

I see a few quakes back east. I live right in the middle of the bay area. I was here during the '89 tremor and managed to sleep through 95% of the aftershocks. Always on edge for the next one. I have water, but not much in the way of anything else

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollowguardian

ack!! my name is at the top of all the copy and pastes and for a second i thought someone hacked into my account and posted something rude in my name!!! i finally figured out the rude was in reply to my comment.... and it kept going down hill from there.

hopefully the discussion can return to the original intent. i gotta remember to ignore the trolls.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollowguardian

Ackkk...I lived in Woodside Ca. for the 89 Loma Prieta EQ. what a roller coaster ride that was.

I hope never to experience anything like that ever again.

Des

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join