It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kelly Thomas Video Finally Released

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
The police are being charged that
is a good thing, now if they can get
a convction would be even better.
Testimony to continue at hearing for CA officers
The coroner concluded that Thomas died from mechanical compression

Read more: lacrossetribune.com... 7j6

Does this help the cops any knowing
he died from the cpr mechanical machine
and not directly from the cops only related to it?

Guys dad has spoke out, nice for kellies dad
to speak out now after the fact his son
was beaten to death homeless.. what a low life.

He obviously does not care much for his disabled
son it would be sick they try getting money now
out of the deal which sounds like what is going on
edit on 8-5-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

Look, you might think about leaving this thread. It seems that every time you say something, you make a complete ass out of yourself. Here's a thought, why don't you volunteer to work at an inner city homeless shelter, or a locked-down nursing facility, or maybe a VA vacility where there are many, many war veterans that are returning with brain injuries with resultant mental issues. Do this for say 2000-4000 hours, then come back here and tell us what you really think.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I don't know the facts of what happened other than this video and what I could dig up online
(If you haven't yet and you have a strong stomach look at the pic of him on wikipedia, it's brutal)
I couldn't tell from the police interview but apparently Kelly is an EDP.

As far as the officer's actions I honestly can't defend them, I've got an LEO background and see things for what they are normally when a video gets posted here, it's an LEO bashfest because civillians only understand one view, and you don't get to see what happened in the video 15 minutes prior to someone going hands on.

But this, this is another animal entirely. I don't even think it comes down to use of force training or anything, that officer shouldn't have passed the psych test, besides the fact that they're a liability to their agency, they're a genuine danger to those that they've been sworn to protect and serve.

The kid wasn't resisting and looked like a stoner to me, he was passive aggressive, but you learn to deal with that. The thing that pissed me off was when one of the Officer states 'He's on something" He said that $#@% to cover his ass when his backup came, it's not like the kid was on meth or wet and being psychotic. It's going to sound like I'm a "Jackbooted thug" but after kelly started "playing games" I would have pulled out a can of OC and tell him I was going to spray him, if he didn't comply he would have been sprayed , in bracelets and in the back of the car easy peasy lemon squeezy, report filed & I'm off to the next job...and more importantly Mr. Thomas would be alive today.

I'm not going to monday morning quarterback this, everything is there on the tape. There was A LOT that could have been done to diffuse the situation and get Mr Thomas to comply, there ARE some people in society that you have to put in check (The wifebeaters) There ARE some people that need a sidewalk shampoo ("KT's" or kid touchers, sex offenders, gang bangers) but this guy didn't deserve to get kicked to sleep. He wasn't the wolf that we're trying to protect the flock from. He was an emotionally disturbed person, he should be getting treatment...not in the ground.

edit on 8-5-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by MrWendal

He obviously does not care much for his disabled
son it would be sick they try getting money now
out of the deal which sounds like what is going on

How do you know he did not care? Because the son was homeless? How do you know that Kelly Thomas was not on the street by choice? You are making a million assumptions based on no facts at all. Not exactly a smart thing to do.

I don't know but coming out
after the fact his son is dead
crying foul seems fishy..

Was it wrong what they did, yes..

I would like to know more about why
his father let his mentally disabled
son out on the street homeless
almost starving to death..

That said should the PD pay yes
they should pay finacially and
the cops should pay with prison time..

Just would hate to see this dad get a million
dollars after letting his son be on the street like that
would that not make you more pissed about this whole
situation it does me... poor guy got beaten to death
with no family crying for his dad.. while his dad it seems
couldnt give two craps about him at the time but comes
out right IN TIME to collect a little or ALOT of cash.. that distgust me just as much

Jesus ... are you just completely unable to stop yourself?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

There is not just the damning video to contend with here. There is the matter of subject matter jurisdiction, and I would hope as an LEO that you would not have threatened someone with spraying them if they didn't comply when you never had any jurisdiction to expect compliance to begin with.

The claim is that the Fullerton P.D. received a call complaining of someone breaking into vehicles near the bus stop/parking lot Kelly Thomas was at. However, no evidence of any phone call has been forthcoming. No stolen items from Kelly Thomas' back pack produced to justify any "reasonable suspicion" on the Fullerton officers part. Law enforcement personnel do not have the authority to simply just stop any person they whimsically please and harass, with expectations of "compliance".

These Fullerton police officers each took an oath of office to uphold and protect the California State Constitution. They took an oath of office to uphold the law, not break it. Spraying Kelly Thomas would not have been anymore lawful than murdering him, only less tragic.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Another10Pin

Money is VERY important to SOME people...it usually reveals itself in the manner in which SOME people try to point out the motives & motivations in others....when there exists none.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
..and what exactly was his crime to begin with?
not telling them his name?
oh yeah, glad they were even wasting their time to begin with, worrying about such a threat to society there

scary, he was way more cooperative than i'd be if i was stopped for no reason; allowed them to search his bag, sat on the ground, let the cop be a big man. he did all they asked.
i don't understand how they let it go that way when it seemed so simple and he obviously was no threat to anyone.

never heard this, thanks for posting. shame it's all to common

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gestas
Wait a second what was Kelly initial crime?

That he was homeless in a bus shelter late at night ?

He appeared to be just sitting down calmly for 20 minutes before he was murdered.

Apparently, Officer "Seethesefists" saw this homeless fellow take a half-eaten dunkin donut out of trash can and take a bite. This must have enraged that effing pig, due to the hunger pangs he was having at the time. Either that, or the effing pig was just a (*&(^&*-sucker looking for someone to beat on.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Just because YOU think it isn't a crime doesn't change the fact that it IS a crime.

Why not appeal to get the laws changed, instead of hating the enforcers of said laws?

Also, I ask again, why is the dad all holy now? He sure cared enough about his son when is SON WAS HOMELESS.

Hey, fifteen minutes is worth a kids life I guess. (My opinion, but it sure smells like pap wants fame.)

Hopefully the grandstand of his dead son will bring some change for us regular folks.

EDIT (To define)

crime
   [krahym] Show IPA

noun
1. an action or an instance of negligence that is deemed injurious to the public welfare or morals or to the interests of the state and that is legally prohibited.

2. criminal activity and those engaged in it: to fight crime.

3. the habitual or frequent commission of crimes: a life of crime.

4. any offense, serious wrongdoing, or sin.

5. a foolish, senseless, or shameful act: It's a crime to let that beautiful garden go to ruin.

dictionary.reference.com...
edit on 5/8/2012 by adigregorio because: (no reason given)

It appears that you have just joined the ranks of popsmayhem in my book. You know absolutely nothing in regards to mental illness, proper law enforment, morals, or ethics. Hope you go to prison some time in the very near future for not having an ID on your person at the time.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I have been following this case since it first broke and have seen this video several times now. I can say this with 100% certainty, if it had been me or one of my family members this would have ended much differently. I am so sick and tired of seeing all of these news articles about police beating, intimidating, and killing the people they are sworn to serve.

I spent 16 yrs in the US Navy SWG under NAVSOC and I am truly beginning to see that while I was being deployed all over the world to "make America safer", the real threat to the safety of our citizens are right here in our own back yard. It is really getting to the point that I view most law enforcement with complete contempt, not because I am an anarchist or don't believe in obeying the law but because of their sheer arrogance and complete lack of respect for the citizens. I make sure that I obey all laws and do not ever give them a reason to stop me or have any contact with me because I know that if I were ever put in a situation such as this one it would not end well for them or myself because regardless of my training today's police are only a few steps above what you would classify as a gang of thugs and they stick together in numbers. It is really getting sickening.

As I said I am not anti law enforcement but there was a time that they were referred to as peace officers because they maintained the peace. However nowadays they are nearly as bad as the criminals they are supposed to protect us from. I swear I would really love to have about 5 minutes in a locked room with a couple of the tyrants in this video, especially the pu**y that made the remark about the victim defecating on himself. I would make sure that I literally beat the shyt out of him then laugh about it. I swear the cops of today for the most part are the ones that couldn't pass the physical or psych evaluation for the military, were the bullies in school, or the ones that were bullied. Very, very few could ever pass the training for any form of advanced military service.

One day a group of these thugs with badges are going to mess up and jump on someone with some real training and it is going to turn into a bloodbath, and I can tell you all right now who the bad guy will be according to the powers that be, it will be the vet and we'll here how he was a loose cannon and mentally unstable. Its never the Tyranny Enforcement Officers that are considered by TPTB to be the loose cannons. TPTB will always protect those whom do their dirty work.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Clearly MURDER!!!! Who is the illegal MEXICAN COP that was just waiting to kill a poor homeless white boy?? What State did this occur in?? You damn idiot cops just killed a ANGEL!! May GOD and Satans Wrath fall upon all of you!! Illegal Search and Seizure! Cruel Punishment for doing nothing! FEDS FEDS where are you guys?? Kick some damn ass and make these idiots pay!! I am ashamed to live in America!! PS- Check the poor childs blood for overdose of insulin on the ambulance.
edit on 8-5-2012 by Apollo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Phantom

Originally posted by adigregorio
reply to post by The_Phantom

What I am asking about the father is this:

If the kid was homeless, WHERE WAS THE FATHER THEN?

Now that the kid is dead, daddy wants in on the action.

(I didn't know the dad was a cop too, guess the behavior doesn't surprise me.)

(The way he treated his son, not wanting 15 minutes of fame.)

Although, I bet he wishes he hadn't made his son be "out on the streets" now...

He probably tried to help his son, the only option he probably had was to take away his freedom and put him in a hospital. Kelly obviously saw his father as a person that would protect him if he asked for it. His father probably knew his son could live free and survive without forcing him to live like a prisoner...I doubt he factored in the possibility that he may not be safe because the cops would kill him.

No one can do this. I don't think most people understand, if a mentaly ill person is not a danger to themselves or others, by law, you cannot force them to do anything, even take prescribed medications.Everyone, by the laws of this country, has autonomy over their own person. It's been a problem since our society decided to dismantle the mental health system in the sixties and seventies. Primarily, because the tax-payers didn't want to foot the bill, but also because of of the mistreatment of the patients that were going on in these facilities - see 'One flew over the cukoo's nest'. Someone said in an earlier post about not wanting to be mentally ill in this country, and you had better believe it. The way our society treats our disabled and aged ... I can't believe they just haven't started euthenizing them. But no, they just throw them in jail or ostracize them to the fringes of society and let the PIGS that you saw in the video manage them. Effing country.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

And that's why this upstanding citizen spits out his window whenever a cop passes by.
I've seen and heard waaaay to many police brutality stories to have even a SHRED of respect for police.
I couldn't even finish the video, I don't feel like boiling my blood this close to sleep time.

....Like it isn't boiling already

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Noth Dakota I agree with you!! I am forever scarred by this!! This is clearly MURDER!! What is our country turning into!! I am so damn pissed!! The MEXICAN was just waiting to Kill a white boy!! With all the power within me I wish this poor child JUSTICE!!!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

I am Already HOT!!! Clearly MURDER!!!!! They probably finished him off on the ambulance..Im guessing Insulin..

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

Who is the illegal MEXICAN COP that was just waiting to kill a poor homeless white boy??

Congratulations, you win the stupid quote of the day award.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I'm not sure about the law in California so I can't speak to it, I only know the law here in Jersey. There is no such animal as "jurisdiction" here, that's for tv & movies. Here your "jurisdiction" is the state, if you see a crime being commitied you have a duty to act.

The issue is what led to the police being called there, If I'm on patrol and I see a homeless guy that's not one of my regulars, I'm going to stop him.(Why, well I'm just going to say it...In my experience homeless, shirtless individuals tend to commit more crimes than people with shirts and homes) If a guy is sitting in front of your house without a shirt and looks homeless and you call the police, I'm damn sure you expect something to happen when they arrive. I'm not saying I'm going to walk up to the guy and go "Good Evening" and spray him in the face. You have to have command presence, but many times It's not WHAT you say it's HOW you say it.

If I interview the person and they're an "EDP" they're going to the hospital, if they're intoxicated they're going to jail. This isn't up for debate, It's what's happening. How they get there is up to them. The "easy way" is ALWAYS preffered and is what happens in the vast majority of encounters, but you do have that 10% of the population that takes up 90% of our day because they don't think the laws that you and I live by are for them. Kelly Thomas was not in that 10%.

I don't know why you're so hung up on the "OC Spray" comment, I've been OC'd in the academy, just like every other officer in the state, I can't count how many times I've been sprayed by other officers on a windy day...It's Horrible but TRUST me it's the safe alternative.

edit on 9-5-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by popsmayhem

this guy in the video is a complete moron..

How kind of you to point out the obvious.
He WAS mentally handicapped.
I mean really - there you are sitting safe and sound behind your computer openly name calling and being CRITICAL of a mentally challenged individual who was beaten to death by the cops while screaming for his DAD!

Oh wait? Maybe you are a cop.

edit on 8-5-2012 by silo13 because: not worth

popsmayhem is a complete moron.

i dont even want to watch this video before i go to bed. scratch that, im not going to ever watch this video, im sick of all the violence in this world. its in your face everyday if you simply watch the news or get on the internet.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7

Who is the illegal MEXICAN COP that was just waiting to kill a poor homeless white boy??

Where do you people come from?!?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
There ARE some people that need a sidewalk shampoo

It's sad that LEO can't just do their job. LEO is not judge, jury, and executioner. They should not have an opinion of the person they are bringing in. That is for the 2nd step in the legal system, the courts.
edit on 9-5-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
There ARE some people that need a sidewalk shampoo

It's sad that LEO can't just do their job. LEO is not judge, jury, and executioner. They should not have an opinion of the person they are bringing in. That is for the 2nd step in the legal system, the courts.
edit on 9-5-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

Sorry, If I observe A gangbanger punch your mother and take her purse he's getting a beating.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join