It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Does a bin Laden End-Zone Dance

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

President Obama Does a bin Laden End-Zone Dance

www.huffingtonpost.com

What a difference one year makes. Last year I praised President Obama for not wanting to "spike the football" by releasing gruesome death photos of Osama bin Laden. But this year, forget spiking the football. The president is doing an end-zone dance.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I like this guys style. He is quite direct and funny. Do you think this will help or hurt The POTUS.
This Osama bin Laden has been kicking around to long. Make hay while the sun shines they say.
Will the Rupubs jump on this like frogs into the water or will it pass. I think not . What do you good folks of ATS think.
Thanks ljb

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Want to know what "spiking the football" looks like?

readingeagle.com...

At least Obama's got a reason to spike it
edit on 7-5-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Yes, what we need to solve problems in this country are more stupid football analogies.
Dumb and dumber.

ughh

How soon they forgot the Mission Accomplished fiasco.
edit on 7-5-2012 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I'm not too impressed by Obama's war mongering.

But I have to say, it sure is a good thing all these Republicans being critical of Obama's 'spiking' have lobotomized the entire Bush presidency from their mind, otherwise that whole 'mission accomplished' thing might strike people as a bit hypocritical.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Want to know what "spiking the football" looks like?

www.google.com...:&imgrefurl=http://chr istwire.org/2011/08/libya-falls-gaddafi-bows-before-president-george-w-bush/&docid=sko0IcIjXYkYwM&imgurl=http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components /ArtAndPhoto-Fronts/COVER/080501/g-cvr-080501-mission-10a.grid-6x2.jpg&w=474&h=424&ei=9oWoT9v_E4im8gT9hpXdDQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=324&vpy=293&dur=1561&h ovh=212&hovw=237&tx=79&ty=59&sig=106097152941589552201&page=1&tbnh=149&tbnw=167&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:0,i:129

At least Obama's got a reason to spike it

Hi Haw,
It's a dance not a spike.
What is the reason?
You can tell me I am non partisan. ljb
PS what the heck is all the rest of those numbers and letters?
Is that PFD or something lol

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I think this is just politics in works at its fullest . I am sure no one would have even remembered unless the news mentioned it. Im sure itll get him a few votes somewhere... Start looking at the issues at hand people!
edit on 7-5-2012 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
I think this is just politics in works at its fullest . Know one would have even remembered I am sure unless the news mentioned it. Im sure itll get him a few votes somewhere... Start looking at the issues at hand people!

Hi psy,
Smoke and mirrors you say?? eeeerr huummm
the best ljb

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Hey I very much appreciate your non-partisanship

Just offering up a picture of W standing on an aircraft carrier with the infamous "Mission Accomplished" banner behind him.

Our politicians allow politics to seep in to every aspect of our lives and current events in order to spin facts in their own favor. Just look at what happened with the Jared Loughner shooting and Gabby Giffords. Both sides turned it in to yet another pissing match

This election my choices will be Obama and Romney. I am not voting.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
Yes, what we need to solve problems in this country are more stupid football analogies.
Dumb and dumber.

ughh

How soon they forgot the Mission Accomplished fiasco.
edit on 7-5-2012 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

Hi pir,
Did you read the link? Courious.
Who forgot the mission-----???
thanks ljb

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Well Lon, I just think that the media really wants you to focus on that Obama thing right now... Regardless of if you agree with it or not or think it is or is not important, it's kinda like a free political commercial for Obama. He wins either way, because he is either looked at as being someone celebrating (the illusion) of national security or as someone who is bragging for taking down Usama WHILE getting free publicity for it.

Look at it as you will.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Good lord we have a lot of lazy readers in this thread.

Did you guys bringing up Mission Accomplished read the article? Obviously not as the article addresses the difference between the two.

How can you deny ignorance when you're half informed?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

I read the article. Prior to it being posted here, actually.

My comment is not directed at the author f the article, but at the various Republicans criticizing Obama for doing something they championed Bush as doing.

Not that anyone on ATS would ADMIT to voting for Bush. Twice.

Like I said, it's gross when Bush did it, its gross when Obama does it.

It's hypocrisy when the very same people who supported bush criticize Obama for dong the EXACT SAME THING, which is politicizing a war.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

The Obama Administration drafted a “highly lawyered” memo to shield the president from blame if the mission to kill or capture Osama Bin Laden failed, former Attorney General Michael Mukasey told Sean Hannity of Fox News Friday

According to Mukasey, the memo would have pinned the blame on Navy Admiral William McRaven, who was commander of Joint Special Operations Command at the time of the raid.

freebeacon.com...

I say it makes him look like the biggest chump i have ever seen all set to push the blame off on to someone else.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

But this thread wasn't about Bush doing it, it was about Obama doing it.

Goose and gander and such.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Rabbi Shmuley had a tv show a while back called "Shalom in the Home," it was a parenting/marriage counseling show that was pretty good. He is very straight forward, and full of common sense.

For something funny and off the wall, look on youtube for his appearance on the show 'Chelsea Lately' when they have a passover dinner

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Yep some people sure do have problems with holding the current potus to the same standards that were set for the last one.
edit on 7-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
"Not that anyone on ATS would ADMIT to voting for Bush. Twice.

Like I said, it's gross when Bush did it, its gross when Obama does it.

It's hypocrisy when the very same people who supported bush criticize Obama for dong the EXACT SAME THING, which is politicizing a war. "

Hi sta

Well that won't be me. I am "A" political.
I don't want to kiss or boff anyone in the Big Fat Country Club.
Bush just tried. Obama just claims. ljb

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hi neo,
Sorta like a Scotter Libby deal.
Only difference is there were real people involved there.
LOL ljb

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

But this thread wasn't about Bush doing it, it was about Obama doing it.

Goose and gander and such.

Actually, it's pretty hard to discern what this thread is about. The OP only gave a few semi-coherent sentences.

My point was not to excuse Obama. To be clear. Merely to point out that this 'spiking the football' meme is a GOP election tool, and therefore is hypocritical.

Pointing out the hypocrisy of the Right does not make one a Democrat.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join