It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A member of our ATS family, jsobecky, has passed away.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

You know who is missing here from the old good days of JS Jg, Edsinger, I wonder what happen to him. He was also quite a character just like JS.

He once posted about what happen if he was a president, I am just having a walk on memory line.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It's awesome to see so many of you oldtimers in one thread.
I always look forward to posts from those who have been around since the early days.

R.I.P. JSO.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Oh man. I missed arguing with him and wondered if I ever get another chance. He'd been gone a long time. This is truly sad news to me.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I might not have ever met the guy or seen him on ATS,but i can pay my respects. All i can say is good journey traveler..for the road is long and fraught with distraction. Now as you embark on this new journey take measure of what was and what will be. For at the end are the answers you surely seek.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
My condolences to his family and very thoughtful to let the ATS community know of his passing.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Well, that sucks.

I have not seen him around in quite a while(He last posted in 2009). We almost always disagreed on any given topic. But I had a certain respect for him. He was the only ATS member to ever figure what my buttons are and how to push them...

Not an easy thing to do.

So, here is to jsobecky. A very special member in my heart. I have not ever forgotten you and I don't believe I ever can.

Peace and love to the family and friends of jsobecky.

R.I.P
edit on 9-5-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

RIP - may you find many stimulating conversations and much peaceful passion in your new home. My condolences to family and friends.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

BH, I agree 100%.

It's been quite the journey, filled with highs and lows and everything in between.

I could have written much of your post myself...

I've often questioned my relationship to this site. Why do I come here? What does it provide? Why have I invested in the way that I have?

Each time I think I've arrived at an answer, I quickly realize it isn't so cut and dry. Perhaps that's because there isn't a single answer. I come here because I enjoy it. I come here because I hate it. I come here because sometimes I learn something important about the world...and myself.

It's been a surprising journey with no clear destination. Maybe that's the point. It doesn't have to have one.

Each day is a new day.

A simple click and suddenly it's like opening a surprise package. You never know what you might find inside. Some of it is good. Some of it is bad.

It is, what it is.

While I'm saddened by the news of JSO's passing, I'm glad too this thread provided all of us an opportunity to reconnect and remember how unpredictable and short life really is. I think it reminds us to place many things into perspective. At least, it does for me.

It also reminds us that while this board is filled with crazy avatars and posts covering every conceivable position, there are real people behind those keyboards. Each one of us, have our own story to tell in the world. Family... Friends... Joy... Loss... Ups... and downs...

It's healthy to remember these pages are a random reflection of the real world out there. Sometimes it can be pretty messy. Other times, not so much.

ATS is truly the proverbial 'Town Square', and for the most part, I've enjoyed sharing this space with each of you.

Thank you for that.

edit on 10-5-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I just got my account fixed and found this post. My condolences to his family and I personally will miss reading and posting to his threads! He was one of my friends!
Zindo

edit on 5/10/2012 by ZindoDoone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join