A member of our ATS family, jsobecky, has passed away.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Totally. Will always give respect to those who remain true in their challenging.

There's a word my people have for friend: Hoa
There's a word my people have for enemy: Hoa Riri.

Hoa means friend...Riri means angry or aggrieved.

We don't have enemies...we have friends who are aggrieved...but always - ALWAYS - the person remains a potential friend and should be welcomed and respected as such.

Go well JSO...be with your ancestors and tell them all the great things you got up to while spending time here in this realm...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
My condolences to his family, and he is on to a better journey than ours that's for sure!

Peace & Love!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
My Deepest Condolences for JSO in his passing and throwing some positive thoughts and mojo towards his families way..

R.I.P.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Very sad news. My condolences and prayers have been sent. R.I.P.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Joined about 5mins ago and read this

Rest in peace fellow truth seeker

May the Force be with us all

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I remember JSO. This post reminded me of how long it's been since last I'd seen him post. (One of many old timers that have quietly disappeared.) So sad that it had to be this way that I'm reminded of him.

My heart goes out to his family and friends. RIP Buddy!

Dg, did his sister say how he passed? (No worries if it's too personal for public posting. Just curious, as I'm sure many others are as well.)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
RIP and good thoughts to the family

Silver

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It is always sad when death stretches out its filthy little tentacles and kidnaps a loved one or even one who was casually admired.

Let this be a lesson to us all.
You WILL BE remembered on ATS.
and
YOU WILL die.

Now then, WHEN you die, how do you want to be remembered?
Do you even care?

We can all disagree but how many of us can disagree respectfully?
How many of us have the BALLS to apologise when we have been a dick?

I am guilty of having one too many whilst sitting on the laptop and typing away.
Next thing I know, I am just letting it all hang out.
What sucks is, the next morning when I log on and see all of the things I wrote.

Let's all try extra hard not to leave a nasty taste in eachothers mouth when we engauge in our ego wars that we call "debates"

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
My thoughts are with his family. I didn't know John well, but appreciated and respected what I did know of him. He was missed before this and will be missed going forward.

Much love to his family at this sad time.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Very sad

I had kept up with him for a long time via FB and Email then just kind of lost track

RIP My Friend

Semper

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Dg, my dear, this is very sad news, we remember Js from back in the days of ATS, we used to debated so much about politics in the political forums when it was a board on its own.

I have not seen him in the boards in over a year, I always felt that he may had changed his profile but was still around.

I sure miss the debates and heated discussions.

Is so sad to hear this news, for those that remember JS, his post and threads, we all be missing him.

I am very, very taken with this.

Thanks for the update Dg.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

i typically don't do the "mod - posting as a member" tags, but...

john was often quite a pain in the ass and he'd likely be the first to admit it [
]

post- , pre- ban or partum

That is why I remember him so much and will miss him that much also, it was that part of him, his fighting and warrior one that keep Dg and me always teasing him about his views, post and threads and at the end we always make up to start new again on another heated debate over and over again.

JS, he was a fighter and a strong person in his believes. extra DIV

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I had not the chance to interact much within the boards with JSOBECKY, and after taking a look at their profile it seems they were into the political influences more. Members like that I can respect for trying to get to the core of the many political issues that tend to influence many. I wish their family the best in overcoming the loss of a loved 1 and pray for JSOBECKY to have a safe passage on their journey home. R.I.P

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
... his fighting and warrior one that keep Dg and me always teasing him about his views...

When I used to see a post by jsobecky, I would get a bit excited, knowing that I'd have a worthy adversary to debate with... Jsobecky and I had many long, political disagreements, but for a while, we had each other's email addresses and wrote often and as friends... Yes, he was a bit of an ass and I disagreed with almost every position of his, but he had strength of conviction, and that's something I admired about him...

RIP, jso... You have been missed.

CX

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
A sad loss, i enjoyed his posts, one of those chracters you got to know as part of ATS rather than hiding away in the shadows.

RIP mate.

CX.

PS: Just out of interest, where does it say he is banned, i thought it says "banned" in your profile? It just says "member" on his.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
I remember JSO. This post reminded me of how long it's been since last I'd seen him post. (One of many old timers that have quietly disappeared.) So sad that it had to be this way that I'm reminded of him.

My heart goes out to his family and friends. RIP Buddy!

Dg, did his sister say how he passed? (No worries if it's too personal for public posting. Just curious, as I'm sure many others are as well.)

Thanks to you all for remembering. He was very active here since back in the day. I had many arguments with him LOL, but we came to be friends and understand each other well.

SourGrapes, no, his sister didnt say anything about what happened to him.
I had sent Jso a little Facebook message and his sister was nice enough to let me know he had passed just a few days ago.

I knew most of you older folks here would remember him.

RIP and thanks to you all.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

i typically don't do the "mod - posting as a member" tags, but...

john was often quite a pain in the ass and he'd likely be the first to admit it [
]

post- , pre- ban or partum

That is why I remember him so much and will miss him that much also, it was that part of him, his fighting and warrior one that keep Dg and me always teasing him about his views, post and threads and at the end we always make up to start new again on another heated debate over and over again.

JS, he was a fighter and a strong person in his believes.

Yes, Marge, remember how we used to dissagree with him all the time just for the heck of it...He liked you so much, Marge...he loved getting both of us going.... extra DIV

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Can we lift the ban now?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThisToiletEarth
Can we lift the ban now?

He reincarnated as Mishigas.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ThisToiletEarth

I think that's already been done.

reply to post by FlyersFan

Really?
I would trust you to know... Remember when the three of us were all emailing each other? Good times.

new topics
top topics
active topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join