It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney stands silent as Obama is accused of treason

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Wow...this is the first I heard of this. Of course Romney is going to sidestep a question like this, as he knows very well he will continue the plan that Obama is part of now.

I would personally like to hear this question posed to Dr. Paul, as I know we would hear the truth about how he feels.

She nailed it with this question and the crowd stands with her...

The woman, in posing a question to Romney, asserted, “We have a president right now that is operating outside the structure of our Constitution.”

She was interrupted by applause from the crowd.

“I want to know," she said before turning to another audience member and saying, “Yeah, I do agree he should be tried for treason. But I want to know what you are going to be able to do to help restore balance between the three branches of government and what you’re going to be able to do to restore our Constitution in this country?”

Of course the soft puppet that Romney is completely avoids the meat and potatoes of the question...

Romney, after waiting for the applause to die down, answered the woman’s question without addressing the treason remark.

“Well, as I’m sure you do, I happen to believe that the Constitution was not just brilliant, but probably inspired,” he said. “I believe the same thing about the Declaration of Independence.”

He continued by criticizing Obama for suggesting that it would be unprecedented for the Supreme Court to overturn the healthcare law that Democrats enacted in 2010, which is now before the high court.

Are you Romney supporters really going to stand with such a pansy? How can you think that this guy can be good for us?

Article Source

edit on 5/7/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It's the W.W.P., the Worldwide Wrestling of Politics -

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I see this thread as antagonistic, offering no real argument, only a challenge and a "come at me bro." Especially considering the fact that you obviously support someone running AGAINST Romney.

You've given us nothing to work with except an insult and the proof that it happened. This is a baiting thread. Wow...do you feel stronger now? More right? I hope so.

Because I don't see it that way. Ron Paul plays the same game Romney does, he just hasn't been caught at it yet. And I'd hope, in the many years we've been playing this game, some politician might finally know what the people want to hear. What you fail to realize is that we what want and what the government/corporates want are two very different things. And guess who's funding the campaign? Not us.

Give up your hopes of any politician ever serving us for our own good. They always have to put themselves first...otherwise, they're out of the game. And when you quit, you go broke.

edit on CMondaypm434354f54America/Chicago07 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Someone should remind that lady that it was not only Obama who has been operating outside the limits of the Constitution, but precious, precious Dubya Bush as well. In fact, I don't recall the last time a president didn't violate the Constitution. Maybe it was Jackson or Jefferson. That is why we need someone like Kucinich or Paul in office. Sadly, TPTB would never allow it, just like they didn't allow Lincoln and Kennedy.
edit on 5/7/2012 by ForeverDusk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I don't think Ron Paul is going to get elected. Due to the past. Now if you have people voting for Ron Paul you are only going to be taking Romney votes. He's the better selection out of the two if you don't want Obama re-elected. You take your votes and give them to Paul then it's for sure win for Obama.

I think I might vote for the lesser of two evils.

I want to see Paul in, but we know he's not going to make it. I don't want vote for either Obama or Romney but those are the half fast choices that we have been stuck with.

So, Romney it is.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
I see this thread as antagonistic, offering no real argument, only a challenge and a "come at me bro."

You've given us nothing to work with except an insult and the proof that it happened.

Fair enough...

The anomaly here is that it was reported. By the LA Times no less. Do you care to address the question posed?

Romney can't even answer a direct question...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Just because someone can sprout flowers from their posterior and hand out promises like it's candy, does not mean they will stand by their word. Everything changes once you're in office and those corporations and sponsor come clamoring for you to return the favor, after they funded your election.

Because believe me, if they want to, those corporations can take that power away just as fast as it was given. The government will turn against itself, biting the hand that serves the people, as long as that money flow keeps coming.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I guess that would be a no then.
This is one of the first rules in politics, NEVER ANSWER A QUESTION.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
what is the specific act in question ? because if it is some birther nonsense he was wise to avoid answering

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
what is the specific act in question ? because if it is some birther nonsense he was wise to avoid answering

She's talking about Obama making decisions that are normally cleared by congress first...such as the illegal activities that took place in Libya. Or the fact that he had an American citizen killed without ever facing a judge/jury.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Just because someone can sprout flowers from their posterior and hand out promises like it's candy, does not mean they will stand by their word. Everything changes once you're in office and those corporations and sponsor come clamoring for you to return the favor, after they funded your election. Because believe me, if they want to, those corporations can take that power away just as fast as it was given. The government will turn against itself, biting the hand that serves the people, as long as that money flow keeps coming.
reply to post by Starchild23

Do you fail to realize that probably 99% of the banks or corporations are not donating to Dr. Pauls campaign. So If they do not contribute then how could they request these favors? With that being said I don't know what your Implying? Are you talking about Obama or Romney?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive

She's talking about Obama making decisions that are normally cleared by congress first...such as the illegal activities that took place in Libya. Or the fact that he had an American citizen killed without ever facing a judge/jury.

txs

agree on the libya thing, that was a page out of cheney's book, and total BS. don't know the citizen killing case, was that a guantanamo bay case ?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I do not understand this logic...If I am going to the store to buy ice cream and there out I don't buy ice cubes or milk cause it's the closest thing to what I want.

Voting for someone just because they are there makes no sense to me. If I don't find what I want I look around until I do. Maybe I won't vote do to that but I would rather not vote then settle for someone I don't want. If you vote for anyone other than who you want as pres then you are wasting your vote anyway. Might as well not vote that way your not part of the idiots who put some other idiot in office just because they were there...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

txs

agree on the libya thing, that was a page out of cheney's book, and total BS. don't know the citizen killing case, was that a guantanamo bay case ?

Sure, no problem.

Here is some more info: Obama US Citizen Info

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Well, if nothing else, I don't see where it's Romney's problem if Obama commits treason. He certainly has no reason to defend it, and would look a lot worse in many people's eyes if he did.

Understand, I have no love for either of them. As far as I'm concerned, no Paul, no vote....

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

thanks

I think romney sidestepped it is because of bush/cheney

if he takes obama to task, obama's minions will go after the republican parties track record, and it's not pretty

his only hope is the measures boehner took to stall the economy in the debt ceiling deal work, and we all suffer for another 6 months

yay party politics !!!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Actually the OP's original message shows the nature of what you are dealing with, that being diversion and obfuscation. I am quite sure Romney is just another meat puppet in a long line of processed fools. I also believe if you asked Ron Paul if Obama should be charged with treason, he wouldn't flatly say yes, but I think he would say something concerning the destruction of the constitution under Obama. They all have to sidestep issues to some point until whichever one of them is elected POTUS. But, that being said, I still think Romney and Obama are both vile little jellyfish.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Actually the OP's original message shows the nature of what you are dealing with, that being diversion and obfuscation. I am quite sure Romney is just another meat puppet in a long line of processed fools. I also believe if you asked Ron Paul if Obama should be charged with treason, he wouldn't flatly say yes, but I think he would say something concerning the destruction of the constitution under Obama. They all have to sidestep issues to some point until whichever one of them is elected POTUS. But, that being said, I still think Romney and Obama are both vile little jellyfish.

Cheers - Dave

He's already said that if there were support for impeachment he'd vote for it. I believe that's about as much as he needs to say....

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Totally deluded thinking. You actually believe there is a lesser of these two evils. That is like saying Mao or Stalin. Personally i say pick neither. I am always hearing don't throw your vote away. With this type of thinking you are throwing it away. It is time to vote conscious. Not smell testing.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ForeverDusk

Why does everyone sidestep the crimes of obama with the "well what about bush..." I sure do remember a lot of discussion about how terrible bush was when he was in office but ya'll act like people thought he was a saint when many americans in fact hated him and still do. I dont disagree with what your saying but we are talking about the current king not the last ones lets work on the here and now rather than the past.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join