It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney stands silent as Obama is accused of treason

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive
Wow...this is the first I heard of this. Of course Romney is going to sidestep a question like this, as he knows very well he will continue the plan that Obama is part of now.

I would personally like to hear this question posed to Dr. Paul, as I know we would hear the truth about how he feels.

She nailed it with this question and the crowd stands with her...

The woman, in posing a question to Romney, asserted, “We have a president right now that is operating outside the structure of our Constitution.”

She was interrupted by applause from the crowd.

“I want to know," she said before turning to another audience member and saying, “Yeah, I do agree he should be tried for treason. But I want to know what you are going to be able to do to help restore balance between the three branches of government and what you’re going to be able to do to restore our Constitution in this country?”

Of course the soft puppet that Romney is completely avoids the meat and potatoes of the question...

Romney, after waiting for the applause to die down, answered the woman’s question without addressing the treason remark.

“Well, as I’m sure you do, I happen to believe that the Constitution was not just brilliant, but probably inspired,” he said. “I believe the same thing about the Declaration of Independence.”

He continued by criticizing Obama for suggesting that it would be unprecedented for the Supreme Court to overturn the healthcare law that Democrats enacted in 2010, which is now before the high court.

Are you Romney supporters really going to stand with such a pansy? How can you think that this guy can be good for us?

Article Source

edit on 5/7/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

Romney finally has a set of Konies, a real big set. The fact is, Obamner doesn't like the Constitution of the United States. Romney is not going to pussy around and kick up his leg with his back on the ground belly up. The reason Romney is the nominee is because he brutally destroyed his opponents in the primaries. In a slug out with Obamner, all he'll have to do is keep throwing Obamners deeds, words, and actions and inactions back at him. And maybe say, "Back at ya dude !"

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Romney has a set of "cojones"?? Did you read the OP? This is about the lack of testicular fortitude by Romney. The man WILL NOT answer the tough questions. When he does, he simply flip flops the next week when pressed by a group holding the opposite view.

The reason Romney is the nominee is because he brutally destroyed his opponents in the primaries.

You do realize that the primaries are far from over, don't you?

In a slug out with Obamner, all he'll have to do is keep throwing Obamners deeds, words, and actions and inactions back at him. And maybe say, "Back at ya dude !"

Romney couldn't even handle McCain and Obama mopped the floor with him.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This Administration,and Obama are traitors.
NDAA
Fast and Furious
On and On.............

Congress at 13% approval rating.

EVERYONE Occupying my Wallet...............

Romney sidestepped because he is a career Politician,like the rest of them. This isnt hard folks........

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
what is the specific act in question ? because if it is some birther nonsense he was wise to avoid answering

She's talking about Obama making decisions that are normally cleared by congress first...such as the illegal activities that took place in Libya. Or the fact that he had an American citizen killed without ever facing a judge/jury.

What is annoying to me is the fact that every president, in recent time have engaged in "soft conflict" and
similar activities. America was active in the politics of at least 10 nations during the Reagan
era, include covert war and funding for those soft conflicts.

My point is, why is this such an issue because the president isn't a Republican and self proclaimed
Conservative.

So I wonder if that lady in the crowd was so concerned with W Bush and his similar activities.
This seems to be at the festering core of the Obama hatred syndrome, standards and policies
set forth by the conservative establishment are treasonous when they are enacted by THIS
president.

edit on 8-5-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives

My point is, why is this such an issue because the president isn't a Republican and self proclaimed
Conservative.

I find it HIGHLY Ironic,that the Left always go after the supposed warmongers,when in reality,those Presidents that are considered Liberal,continue to fight the very fight they abhor.

I wonder how the Liberal base would have dealt with GB,if he had signed NDAA,or had his Fast and Furious scandal ? They were ANGRY that he signed the Patriot act. Guess who decided to continue it ? That's right,Obama. Its sad that Americans can put their Liberal/Conservative blinders on,all the while getting raped by those who are supposed to protect our liberty's from Tyranny.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
You know, I'm always quick to point out how ignorant american folk is, but in this instance I wish I was there to lend a hand in the aplause.

It's not a revolt, but it's a start...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Conservative.

I find it HIGHLY Ironic,that the Left always go after the supposed warmongers,when in reality,those Presidents that are considered Liberal,continue to fight the very fight they abhor.

I wonder how the Liberal base would have dealt with GB,if he had signed NDAA,or had his Fast and Furious scandal ? They were ANGRY that he signed the Patriot act. Guess who decided to continue it ? That's right,Obama. Its sad that Americans can put their Liberal/Conservative blinders on,all the while getting raped by those who are supposed to protect our liberty's from Tyranny.

It's ironic that you deride two party thinking while you consistently aim your critiques at the left.

First of All, Fast and the Furious was CREATED by conservative policy makers,the Bush
administration lost guns as early as 2006. But you ignore that part huh, Sonny. Conservatives
love to dump messes off on other people and then complain about the results, cough economy,
cough fast and furious, cough small government...

Where were conservatives when the debate about WATER BOARDING and INDEFINITE DETENTION
raged?

They were DEFENDING both things, openly.

Now all of a sudden conservative America is this righteous force?
The sure as hell towed the line as this new mode of government was installed
piece by piece.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
How exactly does a stupid hypothetical question, and Romney answering it with, I love america and the constitution hurt him in anyway shape or form???

The real issue here should be Obama, not Romney! There is nothing Romney has done that suggests he is anti-american or not a constitutionalist. Not even, RomneyCare. That was pure libertariansm at work since he left it up to Mass to decide if they wanted it. They voted on it, and it passed...legally. Obama did it on a national level, an sidestepped the constitution!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
People from both parties do this all of the time, it's nothing new.

Is Obama guilty of treason? Yes

Is Romney guilty of treason: Yes

Is Bush Sr and Jr Guilty of Treason? Yes and Yes

Was Clinton? Yes

I don't know of very many people within our government that isn't guilty of treason. It's corruption to it's core.

But what catches my eye is how he avoids answering the question with a statement that he thought it was brilliantly written but fails to give any indication as to how he would restore our liberties.

Huh? I wonder why? maybe because he doesn't plan to do so.

Has anyone actually ever heard him answer a question directly or one that he hasn't changed his mind on one time or another?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Mitt, Barry... same turds just with a different candy coating.

For the life of me I don't understand why the GOP and the Dems faithful believe that the respective candidates represent them. Why? Both work for the ones who pay the bills, not the folks who cast their votes every 4 years.

C'mon neither's platform is dramatically different, open your eyes and lose the shackles that are binding your liberty!

Derek

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
I see this thread as antagonistic, offering no real argument, only a challenge and a "come at me bro." Especially considering the fact that you obviously support someone running AGAINST Romney.

You've given us nothing to work with except an insult and the proof that it happened. This is a baiting thread. Wow...do you feel stronger now? More right? I hope so.

Because I don't see it that way. Ron Paul plays the same game Romney does, he just hasn't been caught at it yet. And I'd hope, in the many years we've been playing this game, some politician might finally know what the people want to hear. What you fail to realize is that we what want and what the government/corporates want are two very different things. And guess who's funding the campaign? Not us.

Give up your hopes of any politician ever serving us for our own good. They always have to put themselves first...otherwise, they're out of the game. And when you quit, you go broke.

edit on CMondaypm434354f54America/Chicago07 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Give up hope ? wow - thank God there are people you can follow to help you.

This thread is not antogonistic. A viable question was aksed and Romney sidestepped it blatantly. The fool will never be president.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

It's ironic that you deride two party thinking while you consistently aim your critiques at the left.

Ironic that your name is braindeadconservatives..............................

No bias there,hey ?

Second,maybe you missed who is at the helm.Third,you missed my distrust for congress, who has both parties running the show,at a whopping 13 % approval rating.Fourth,my disgust with Romney also. See,unlike you, I have NO problem criticizing those who don't have my best interests at heart...... Its hard to take you seriously,with the name you have. Its hard to think you don't have an agenda. Critiquing the left? Not hard to do. Actually,easier then doing it for a conservative.....

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

First of All, Fast and the Furious was CREATED by conservative policy makers,the Bush administration lost guns as early as 2006.

Actually Operation Wide Receiver it was called but it was expanded and renamed during the Obama adminstration which explains why Holder has been stonewalling congressional investigations and is in contempt.

Where were conservatives when the debate about WATER BOARDING and INDEFINITE DETENTION raged?

Yep there were right there that got the information that lead to the murder of Bin Laden wasn't for those evil conservatives Obama would have never gotten him.

And Rendition has been used in this country since the Johnson Administration hell even good ole Clinton was famous for snatching foreign nationals and torturing them but liberals always seem to leave those facts out.

Now all of a sudden conservative America is this righteous force?

Since when have liberals in America had righteousness?

abortion,last 3 years of the war on killing brown people. from Liyba and hearing Clinton's famous "we came we saw ghadaffi died" to the assinations of American citizens overseas in Yemen, and bombing the hell out of Pakistan and Somalia.

Liberals better then the right? Only the most delusional would think that.
edit on 9-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Since when have liberals in America with their righteousness?

I wonder how happy Hillary was,to see this man die..........

She sure looks happy here,Hey?

Righteous,hey?
edit on 8-5-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Romney is the king of "question ducking."

He drove me nutz watching him doing it during the debates!

If I had a dollar for every time Romney "ducked" a question and spinned it into another topic, I'd be able to retire...30 years ago!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Ironic that your name is braindeadconservatives..............................

No bias there,hey ?

Second,maybe you missed who is at the helm.Third,you missed my distrust for congress, who has both parties running the show,at a whopping 13 % approval rating.Fourth,my disgust with Romney also. See,unlike you, I have NO problem criticizing those who don't have my best interests at heart...... Its hard to take you seriously,with the name you have. Its hard to think you don't have an agenda. Critiquing the left? Not hard to do. Actually,easier then doing it for a conservative.....

Did I ever say I was not biased?

You do all the time, you show your bias and pretend that it is not there.

You can't critique conservatives because you are a right winger, not that hard Sonny,
easy math.

I am not making Hay out of Fast and Furious am I? I damn well know that this government

it's agencies do all kinds of stupid things in the name of law enforcement and national

security.

But I think it is bull crap to get uptight that conservatives are uptight about fast and furious

NOW, but didn't seem to give half a fuk when W was engaging in the same practice. OR

simply omitting the genesis of the program... Frankly that is what pisses me off about the

entire thing...

You can't criticize the right simply because you are of the right - What about slashing meals on

wheels for old folks, cutting food programs for students, supporting policies that make student loans

more expensive - Just a few things on the current conservative docket... Instead you criticize a

sting operation initiated years ago that has gone south. big sh it - I just listed three things that will

negatively effect MILLIONS of people, where's your outrage?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

You can't critique conservatives because you are a right winger, not that hard Sonny,
easy math.

Im not even voting for Romney !

Can you say the same thing for Obama ?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

You guys want to slash food for seniors and school children, so you can give tax breaks for billionaires...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

easy math.

Im not even voting for Romney !

Can you say the same thing for Obama ?

I though Romney was NOT conservative?

I like Obama because he is light version of what the conservative establishment pursues.

He is not looking to take away unemployment benefits or meals on wheels so he can

makes 23 billionaires richer. Little things like that do it for me, they add up...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I like Obama because he is light version of what the conservative establishment pursues.

Funny..........

There's your bias. Obama and Romney ARE THE SAME.

That's a fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join