It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Romney the best GOP candidate?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'd also like to add that Romney has absolutely no experience in regard to foreign policy. ABSOLUTELY NONE. Is he just going to play polo with leaders from around the world? Screw that.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
reply to post by jjf3rd77

because that is not what I am asking in this thread. I want to know what Romney brings to the table. How will he help our economy? what do you feel he has done in the past that will benefit us?

I don't want to know why you're not voting for so and so, I want to know what good qualities he brings that will make America a better place to live.
edit on 7-5-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

You have been to my other thread the Pro Romney one you know where I stand and where he stands on the issues. I am not sure what else you want. But here it is again: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm not worried about Romney's past, I'm worried about his plans for the future of this country.

edit on 7-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Outside of this thread and ones like it, it is difficult to find strong supporters of any candidate. Sure you will find plenty of blind cheerleaders out there but most of them never actually get to the polls. They probably have no clue about voting.

Very few people have an educated perspective on issues. What on Earth drives them then?

It is truly saddening to watch the pointless blathering of the candidates and even worse to understand that blathering is aimed at the populace. Yikes!!!!

Does it really matter if I 'like' a candidate or not? Personally I feel like Mitt is a greedy stooge ripe for the buying. Obama is more personable but he seems to cave in all the time. I RP's ideas but TPTB will not allow him in the cockpit and continue to portray him as a dottering old fool. None of that matters. What is said on the campaign trial will be long forgot come January 2013.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

How does electing someone honestly into a corrupt establishment help defeat the establishment??? I don't get it.

I don't get what your saying, so we have to keep picking corrupt people?

As for your support for Mitt Romney, I respect your choice of course. I guess I made my decision about not voting for him during the debates. In my opinion he turned most of his questions into anti-obama messages, he made remarks that were conterversial, like "I don't care about the poor" or something like that. He, or his staff, engaged in a brutal campaign with Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum, and Rick Perry to a lesser extent. I guess as a voter im just so tired of that mudslinging crap, and seeing a candidate that is just making himself look better by making his opponets look worse. And that's what I get from Mitt Romney, and that's why I wont be voting for him.

As for Ron Paul I will vote and support him as best I can, because he is consistent and consistency invites trust. Thats what I feel will fix a corrupt establishment, or at least shake it up and get it out of the deadlock it seems to be in.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
i am also curious about "why romney?".

i have yet to meet a romney supporter. not just ATS, many many other message boards i post on seem to all be pro RP. these boards range from sports to video games to paranormal to cooking.

every romney boy i ever see posting just repeats his anti-obama deflection tactics. they don't like to answer questions about his constant flip-flopping. they also spew out his "plans" that are all nothing but blowing smoke for votes (hey! just like obama!)

i would like to hear about issues that truly matter that he plans to fix

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
He is not!

If fact, this toon sums it up for me.

But the reason is this,
the best GOP candidates choose not to run because they have always put their families first.

Now you know!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Romney doesnt have a position on anything.......He has proved time and time again his only position is telling the crowd of people he is standing in front of what they want to hear at any given time. He has been caught out telling a certain crowd one thing and telling a different crowd the opposite,often on the same day....

edit on 7-5-2012 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

and I pointed that out in this thread. But I also asked for a non-scripted answer and that thread is from his own website. Many of the points made were also things he has flip-flopped on too. so how about we hear an answer from the heart.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

like i said before. the romney boys refuse to answer about his flip flopping. his constant flip flopping should tell you just the type of person he is. somebody who will tell you whatever you want to hear to get what he wants from you. sounds like somebody who should be running the country to me

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by interupt42

Originally posted by kellynap43
Because he can win, and he is a much much much better choice than the current president. However, if Ron Paul wins, I will support him as well. No way RP will win, but he will have my support if he wins the nomination.

That is preciously why the the GOP is going to lose to Obama. You just admitted like most of the GOP loyalist that you would vote for RP if elected by the GOP. However, if the GOP selects Romney the RP supporters nor RP himself will support Romney, just like in the last election when Obama won and RP endorsed another party. Romney has the potential to lose a large chunk of the Republican base voters because he will not get the RP votes and the GOP can't afford to lose those votes against Obama.

If Romney needs the Paul supporters, how will that work the other way around? You see how Ron Paul cannot get elected now? You keep saying Romney cannot win without the Paul supporters, but it's actually the other way around, Ron Paul cannot win without the Romney supporters. And quite a few of them will never vote RP!

Basically there aren't many TRUE Romney supporters but rather party loyalist. That is why Romney is having such a hard time securing the nomination and that is why the news media is pitching that we must all 'R' come together and unite and ACCEPT Romney as our candidate. In addition that is why they hoped for last minute candidates like Trump and Christi.

Therefore:
1. Romney supporters are PARTY loyalist and in the end they will all unite to support ANY GOP nominee when to run against Obama in the elections.

2. Ron Paul supporters are not party loyalist and only care about the candidate and they have very little tolerance for Flip Floppers. RP supporters didn't support that last GOP candidate (McCain) and Obama won. The GOP is about to repeat history again by picking the candidate (Romney) that is going to cost them the most votes among there own party line.

Obviously I could be wrong but we will see come election time and so far history is on my side.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join