It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Police Strategy in New York - Sexual Assault Against Peaceful Protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

New Police Strategy in New York - Sexual Assault Against Peaceful Protesters

truth-out.org

A few weeks ago I was with a few companions from Occupy Wall Street in Union Square when an old friend — I’ll call her Eileen — passed through, her hand in a cast.

“What happened to you?” I asked.

“Oh, this?” she held it up. “I was in Liberty Park on the 17th [the Six Month Anniversary of the Occupation]. When the cops were pushing us out the park, one of them yanked at my breast.”

“Again?” someone said.

We had all been hearing stories like this. In fact, there had been continual reports of police officers groping women during the nightly evictions from Un
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
october2011.org
bart-gruzalskibartgruzalski.newsvine.com

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Just freaking wow how much longer are we going to put up with this how much longer are we going to put up with police crimes and the taking away of our freedoms how much longer are we going to stand for this i also found a much similar story with more details its the second link in the Additional news links on a side note kudos to the woman for saying somthing and not just let it happen

truth-out.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Somehow i don't believe this badly written story. Look at the page, it's obvious what their agenda is. "Occupy Wall Street" was never a peaceful protest in the first place, they started being violent from the very beginning and then cried about the police intervening.

"“I was in Liberty Park on the 17th [the Six Month Anniversary of the Occupation]. When the cops were pushing us out the park, one of them yanked at my breast.”"

Could've been accidental. As if a Cop goes "Oh mama, i wanna touch her tits"
Come on. Followed by "So they took me behind the lines and broke my wrists.”"
Yeah right, they drag a women somewhere into a corner to break her wrist. I guess the writer watched too many bad mafia movies...
Complete Bull#, nothing more.

It's just more Anti-Police Propaganda and the funny thing is, most people will believe it. If some cops come out with a story like "We where attacked and got our arms broken by those protesters", nobody here on ATS would believe them. The blind hate against Cops is really unbelievable.

I hate this whole 99% and Occupy Movement, just because those idiots are too lazy and/or dumb to make something out of their lives, instead wasting it away in front of the TV and a poor waged job, gives them no right to go ape# in the streets. If anything, most of those idiots don't deserver anything else than being in a horrible job with no money as it's clear they just want more money without doing anything for it or changing their lifes to make something good out of it. Stupid losers

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I wouldn't take the words of a disgruntled protester as truth without some evidence showing intent to back it up. I'm not saying that I believe it didn't happen because it could be true. I know that a push or grab to move someone along could be viewed by some to be sexual Harassment. If they are worried about getting touched than don't be out there protesting.

One of these times a cop is going to go berserk and mow down a bunch of protestors. Why do people have to make their job so stressful. Peaceful organized protest is lawful in this country. When the police tell you to move it along you should move along without shoving your face or camera in theirs. The person who instigates an argument or riot is the one who should be held responsible for any consequences that erupt. Don't start something you can't control.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

ignore the Bourgeois lackeys above with the
typical, lickspittle, overly reused, and tired arguments
why do you think it's called "COPPING a feel" [snort]

lol get a job they say...

they'd tell a corpse to get a life

the lady and other protestors might want to consider in investing in a Taser Jacket
taser-jacket-will-jolt-your-assailants

It’s the No-Contact Jacket, and it is a battery-powered jolt-producer designed to keep women feeling safe from attackers. That little switch the model is holding triggers an 80,000-volt jolt that resonates throughout the outside of the jacket. You don’t get juiced yourself because a layer of insulated rubber separates you from the electricity coursing through the fabric.

In case you’re wondering, the jacket is waterproof.

a little modification and both the voltage and Amperage can be cranked up

edit on 6-5-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
Somehow i don't believe this badly written story. Look at the page, it's obvious what their agenda is. "Occupy Wall Street" was never a peaceful protest in the first place, they started being violent from the very beginning and then cried about the police intervening.

"“I was in Liberty Park on the 17th [the Six Month Anniversary of the Occupation]. When the cops were pushing us out the park, one of them yanked at my breast.”"

Yeah right, they drag a women somewhere into a corner to break her wrist. I guess the writer watched too many bad mafia movies...

It's just more Anti-Police Propaganda and the funny thing is, most people will believe it. If some cops come out with a story like "We where attacked and got our arms broken by those protesters", nobody here on ATS would believe them. The blind hate against Cops is really unbelievable.

I hate this whole 99% and Occupy Movement, just because those idiots are too lazy and/or dumb to make something out of their lives, instead wasting it away in front of the TV and a poor waged job, gives them no right to go ape# in the streets. If anything, most of those idiots don't deserver anything else than being in a horrible job with no money as it's clear they just want more money without doing anything for it or changing their lifes to make something good out of it. Stupid losers

So true... Nothing believable about this either.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

So true... Nothing believable about this either.

Way to take an out of context photo and further the blind hate towards law enforcement officers.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Someone was bound to get all dramatic... To put the photo in proper context:

Protesters in a rally against businesses that abuse workers rights, were assaulted by police. The woman in this photo had her leg broken by police removing the protesters from the road. Roughly 30-40 protesters were marching towards a restaurant in North Providence when the police began following them en mass. They told the marches to move to the sidewalk, while this was initially ignored, the marchers listened to the police and began slowly moving to the sidewalk. The police then surrounded the marchers in their squad cars and began getting out. With the police in full force, they began attacking the marchers, one fellow worker, Alex Svoboda, was pinned down by the police during her arrest and suffered a broken leg.

Source

Guess she wasn't fast enough. Now she's going to be even slower...

edit on 6-5-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

you sound like a baby boomer
generation H [for Hypocrite]
the one lives off the efforts of their parents, childrens and grandchildrens
and has serious projection issues

Laziness, Greed, Entitlement - Baby Boomers Defined

now you know why they want[need] you "to get a job"

edit on 6-5-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The only way to insure a peaceful protest is for all the protestors to be armed to the teeth. Guns, bats, shields, gas masks, whatever they can get their hands on. The police won't start any trouble if there is a possibility they might be hurt themselves.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Feds crack down on police brutality nationwide

CBS News has also learned there were 52 criminal civil right cases brought against law enforcement officers by the Department of Justice last year. That's the highest number of cases in a single year since they started keeping track back in 2000.
www.cbsnews.com...

IMHO this is just the tip of the Ice Berg.....because of the society we've become.

Fascist America, in 10 easy steps Naomi Wolf . The Guardian, Monday 23 April 2007
www.guardian.co.uk...

“We’ve slipped away from a true republic,” Ron Paul told thousands of his supporters at the rally. “Now we’re slipping into a fascist system where it’s a combination of government, big business and authoritarian rule, and the suppression of the individual rights of each and every American citizen.” 19 February, 2012, 23:30

rt.com...

I've met some great cops, friends of the family, but also know people that had their fingers broken and been beaten up. Seems to me that bully's are attracted this occupation.

I'm not sure when the Police started testing and barring people of higher intelligence,perhaps that has had a negative impact on policing:
Court OKs Barring High IQs for Cops
Most Cops Just Above Normal The average score nationally for police officers is 21 to 22, the equivalent of an IQ of 104, or just a little above average.
abcnews.go.com...

So grateful that we do have American's willing to take this abuse and be arrested to try to improve the live's of everyone.

new topics

top topics

join