It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam brings people to Jesus...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
What many people don't realize is that a "muslim" who keeps every single Islamic law, but rejects Jesus as messiah.... is NOT a muslim. Today through Islam, there are 1.5 billion people who accept Jesus Christ as the messiah. So its not just Christianity thats bringing people to Jesus, but Islam as well. So it can be legitimately said that Christianity is not the only religion where the acceptance of Jesus is a crucial tenet of faith.

If Islam honors Jesus as the bible commands to, then it is not the anti-christian faith as portrayed by many fundamentalists. Their theological arguments against Islam almost always exclude the fact that Islam describes Jesus as the virgin born messiah. I've also even seen many Christian "scholars" misrepresent Islam by stating that Jesus was a mere prophet in Islam. They never speak the truth about Islamic beliefs about Jesus' virgin birth... his status as the masih... and his return to slay the anti-christ.

By uttering a half-truth about Jesus being a mere messiah, these fundamentalists mislead their own people
It reminds me of this particular verse....
Ye People of the Book! why do ye clothe Truth with falsehood, and conceal the Truth, while ye have knowledge?
-3:71

While Jesus' "end" and his divinity, are still debated today....the basic description of Jesus' character in Islam is identical to the bible and most importantly, Islam does not deny Jesus as the messiah.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Christians promote Jesus as god. Bad thinking that disrupts the unity of the world.

Islam respects Jesus as Prophet, and not god.

That is the basic difference. Both Muhammad and Jesus ascended to heaven (learning of the highest truths) and both were Prophets for Peace.

Muhammad is considered the last Prophet of god.

edit on 6-5-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Jesus and Muhammad both Prophets

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I object to your statement,

Jesus brings people to Jesus, no religion, especially Islam, brings people to Jesus,

That's all.

Amen

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

You don't even believe in God,

You're just trying to slander the LORDS name,

Deception,

deception,

deception!!!!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Funny thing is, Christians think they are the true followers of Jesus, which is false. Jesus did not pray the way Christians do today, that's all just Roman bull# and the trinity doesn't make any sense either. I can only suggest all Christians who want to know the real Jesus to read the Qur'an, you'll see it makes a lot more sense. Jesus (peace be upon him) will return and he will kill the Anti-Christ and he will need nothing but to breath to do that. Also, he will break the cross and kill the swine afaik. Insallah.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by MagnumOpus

You don't even believe in God,

You're just trying to slander the LORDS name,

Deception,

deception,

deception!!!!

Get back on topic lason. All you said was nothing about Islam and their value of Jesus.

I certainly don't buy your mixed up renditions of god. I like intelligent design. I recognize Prophets.

Yes, I state clearly that your version is all wrong. Plus, you violate the memory of Prophet Jesus and cause these great times of tribulations needing the Rapture from the wrong to the right.

You and yours are the incarnate of the anti-Christ, the lower realm that disrespects Jesus.

Prophet Jesus taught "The Way", he was a teacher. He showed people the way to Heaven on Earth using The Way.

edit on 6-5-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Prophet Jesus was teacher

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
what does a profitable man gain if he loses his soul ......... NOTHING.

what does a phrophetical man gain if he cleanses his soul......... EVERYTHING.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Humm---I wonder if that is on topic for Islam

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

You know not what you speak of,

Matthew 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.

17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
Funny thing is, Christians think they are the true followers of Jesus, which is false. Jesus did not pray the way Christians do today, that's all just Roman bull# and the trinity doesn't make any sense either. I can only suggest all Christians who want to know the real Jesus to read the Qur'an, you'll see it makes a lot more sense. Jesus (peace be upon him) will return and he will kill the Anti-Christ and he will need nothing but to breath to do that. Also, he will break the cross and kill the swine afaik. Insallah.

Can someone say Constantine the Great

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by Kemal

You know not what you speak of,

Matthew 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.

17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

I can't find any issues of Islam there from Lason. Mattew stuff has translation issues.

Into some mountain they went. Into solid rock it sounds like. Odd underground things. Such didn't make Jesus god.

More Trinity games. Some day you really need to learn of things material in mind only, and the spirts of dreams, angels, and god.

Looks to me like you are doing the off topic things to mess up a thread's directions with endless copy and paste citations of things without any explanations of what they were supposed to contribute.

So, begin by Explaining how going into a mountain has anything to do with Islam or Jesus.

edit on 6-5-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Endless Babble-on

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The people who walk in darkness will see a great light; those who live in a dark land, the light will shine on them. You shall multiply the nation, you shall increase their gladness; they will be glad in Your presence as with the gladness of harvest, as men rejoice when they divide the spoil. For You shall break the yoke of their burden and the staff on their shoulders, the rod of their oppressor, as at the battle of Midian. For every boot of the booted warrior in the [battle] tumult, and cloak rolled in blood, will be for burning, fuel for the fire. For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness from then on and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will accomplish this. (Isaiah 9:1-7)

18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
Matthew 28 18-19

He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:8-11)
s

In 2009 at Obama's innaguration when a "christian" pastor spoke an invocation in the name of Isa, a pastor who shepherds one of the largest congregations of protestants in our country, a fear was wrought in my heart.
The fear that the teaching that Isa is the truth regarding Jesus Christ (Lord and risen savior) shall bring about the great deception Christ himself predicted in Matthew 24 does seem to be gaining creedance. I pray in the name of the father, in the name of the son, and in the name of the holy spirit that this false christ be resisted.
That though it is possible for the elect to be led astray they shall choose to journey to the foot of the cross at Golgotha witness the Lamb wounded for our transgressions and pierced for our inequites and then witness with the eyes of their heart the empty tomb.

AND Know this

It is a very short conversation in the first chapter of the book of John

Two followers of John the Baptist witness the baptisim of Jesus in which John testfies that Jesus is one who comes to baptise with the holy spirit. The next day they see Jesus again and begin to follow him Jesus notices them and the two men (usually considered to be the Apostles John and Andrew) ask

"Where are you going"
and Jesus replies not with pontification or preaching or a parable but simply and perfectly
"Come, and you will see"

an invitation which will forever reverberate through the ages.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
And we are supposed to see how any of that was an Islam issue?

I don't think the world is anywhere close to regonition of Jesus is god. Certainly, I and tons of other only allow the Prophet, The Teacher, and thats all folks.

Lots of the Narratives embellish too much-----and just became they embellish too much-----the words are not considered valid or reality.

edit on 6-5-2012 by MagnumOpus because: The rejection of embellishment

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Islam brings people to Muhammad and Allah.... not Jesus.

Islam only represents Jesus in name and brief biography.

Islam does not propagate any of the teachings of Jesus found in canonical, gnostic, nor apocrypha texts.

Teaching of a name and biography while ignoring and rejecting Jesus' teachings is not bringing people closer to Jesus.

Assalaamu alaikum.

P.S.

Jesus was a spiritually enlightened man, as was Buddha.

Muhammad is a political warlord, not spiritually enlightened.

I detest when people place Muhammad next to Jesus and Buddha.

Wrong category of man. Muhammad should be placed next to Genghis Khan and Adolph Hitler

Peace.

edit on 5/6/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

detest when people place Muhammad next to Jesus and Buddha.

Wrong category of man. Muhammad should be placed next to Genghis Khan and Adolph Hitler

Except Mohammad did not campaign for land or for race... like Genghis and Hitler respectively.

Mohammad fought, Old Testament style, to establish monotheism that recognizes Jesus as Messiah.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Jesus taught non-violence.... live by the sword, die by the sword... love your enemies and bless those who curse you.

Buddha taught to not cause suffering to one's self and to not cause suffering to others.

Muhammad taught "nice things", combined with totalitarian politics and military jihad.

Buddha and Jesus never raided any caravans, or never conquered any cities, villages, or people, or never ordered anyone stoned or executed.

Spiritually enlightened individuals propagate a cessation to suffering. They do not propagate conquest to opposition, or imposed jizyah tribute taxes upon the submissive.

We can respect religion all day, but we must judge a tree by its fruit.

Even Mahatmas Gandhi was closer to Jesus and Buddha than Muhammad ever could be.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Jesus taught non-violence.... live by the sword, die by the sword... love your enemies and bless those who curse you.

Yet, Jesus is expected to return and slaughter the anti-christ along with the non-christians who follow the anti-christ??

Do Christians believe that Jesus returns and turn the other cheek to the anti-christ????

It cant be BOTH...

edit on 6-5-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
If you really want to learn about Mohammad, try this. He knew about volcanos and likely knew of Moses Mtn. He found great insights in cave underground on a mountain. He never wanted to play god or be worshiped:

en.wikipedia.org...

The Arabian Peninsula was largely arid and volcanic, making agriculture difficult except near oases or springs. The landscape was thus dotted with towns and cities, two prominent ones being Mecca and Medina. Medina was a large flourishing agricultural settlement, while Mecca was an important financial center for many surrounding tribes.[43] Communal life was essential for survival in the desert conditions, as people needed support against the harsh environment and lifestyle.

-----

Muhammad adopted the practice of meditating alone for several weeks every year in a cave on Mount Hira near Mecca.[63][64] Islamic tradition holds that during one of his visits to Mount Hira, the angel Gabriel appeared to him in the year 610 and commanded Muhammad to recite the following verses:[65]

Proclaim! (or read!) in the name of thy Lord and Cherisher, Who created-
Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood:
Proclaim! And thy Lord is Most Bountiful,-
He Who taught (the use of) the pen,-
Taught man that which he knew not.
—Quran, sura 96 (Al-Alaq), ayat 1-5[66]

------

In line with the hadith prohibition against creating images of sentient living beings, which is particularly strictly observed with respect to God and the Prophet, Islamic religious art is focused on the word.[246][247] Muslims generally avoid depictions of Muhammad, and mosques are decorated with calligraphy and Quranic inscriptions or geometrical designs, not images or sculptures.[246][248] Today, the interdiction against images of Muhammad – designed to prevent worship of Muhammad, rather than God – is much more strictly observed in Sunni Islam (85%–90% of Muslims) than among Shias (10%–15%).[249] While both Sunnis and Shiites have created images of Muhammad in the past,[250] Islamic depictions of Muhammad are rare.[246] They have, until recently[vague], mostly been limited to the private and elite medium of the miniature, and since about 1500 most depictions show Muhammad with his face veiled, or symbolically represent him as a flame.[248][251]

Some of the interesting issues is the road to Mecca from the North is lined with volcanic effects. Lots of cinder cones and volcanic basalt. Even lots of history stories of Mecca travelers being hit with eruptions of stones killing them and camels.

The road to Mecca comes close to the Moses Mtn at Midian, which is the issue of Volcanic Effects associated with the East Africa Rift Zone and that running into the Saudi region oil field domes.

It appears the depiction of Mohammad as Flame resembles Moses Mtn of fire and perhaps Muhammad knew the deeper details for what was Moses god there.

Even the issues of Mohammad doing his meditations in caves on a mountain get to be interesting. Especially interesting as the mountains around Mecca largely stem from volcanic and rift effects of the same type that made Moses Mtn with the cave in the mountain there.

It appears Mohammad and Moses were into the same things, even along the same volcanic rift zone with caves on mountains. Moses Fire became Mohammad's Symbol.

edit on 6-5-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Moses Mtn of Fire and Mohammad as Flame

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
Islam brings people to Muhammad and Allah.... not Jesus.

Islam only represents Jesus in name and brief biography.

Islam does not propagate any of the teachings of Jesus found in canonical, gnostic, nor apocrypha texts.

Teaching of a name and biography while ignoring and rejecting Jesus' teachings is not bringing people closer to Jesus.

Assalaamu alaikum.

P.S.

Jesus was a spiritually enlightened man, as was Buddha.

Muhammad is a political warlord, not spiritually enlightened.

I detest when people place Muhammad next to Jesus and Buddha.

Peace.

Jesus taught The Way as how to get to Heaven and close to god.

Mohammad appears similar aimed at Allah or god.

Two paths same destinations.

Perhaps your view of Mohammad didn't take note that he grew up in the same areas that Moses lived and in the same Volcanic and Rift zones areas that Moses and Jethro worshiped. And there was a cave on Moses Mtn., and a cave near Mecca on a Mountain formed of the same volcanic rift type effects as the one for Midian, sans the oil field issues.

Moses Mtn of Fire and Mohammad shows up as flame symbolism.

Could it be that Mohammad is more reincarnation of Moses, as both sought freedom of oppression in one form or another. Moses' god killed Egyptian oppressors, and Islam god doesn't like Infidels (based too much on Egyptian god that Moses didn't like).

edit on 6-5-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Two paths, same directions, same destination

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

That is well and good,but...Islam believes that their
prophet was greater than Yeshua/Jesus,he was not!
Yeshua/Jesus was G-d in flesh and one day,every
knee shall bow to Him.
The understanding that I have of islam is they believe
Yeshua/Jesus was a man, a prophet,no more than that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join