It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US should return stolen land to Indian tribes, says United Nations

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Okay, I've been drinkling and though more about it.........

Since I'm a native and the UN wants to give something, I'll take........

A case of whiskey....a herd of buffalo.....a (really nice) Puka shell necklace

...and Hawaii

edit on 7-5-2012 by rival because: ...the puka shell necklace is a deal breaker.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Well then the UN should return, the given state of Israel to the original land owners also then. NO !!! I hear. We couldn't do that I hear them protest.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival

...and Hawaii

edit on 7-5-2012 by rival because: ...the puka shell necklace is a deal breaker.

I support the just entitlements of Native Americans. Don't make a mockery of this attempt to stimulate debate. Compensation is a very real possibility and it works. Jews have been compensated for the Holocaust so Native Americans should be compensated for their holocaust.
edit on 7-5-2012 by MI5edtoDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MI5edtoDeath

Originally posted by rival

...and Hawaii

I support your just entitlements of Native Americans. Don't make a mockery of this attempt to stimulate debate. Compensation is a very real possibility and it works. Jews have been compensated for the Holocaust so Native Americans should be compensated for their holocaust.

It doesn't work at all.
Political meddling into societal matters always ends up badly.

People should be left to their own natural instinct to be inclusive. This UN agenda promotes separatism.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MI5edtoDeath

I thought it was funny, sorry...

But I just don't feel a sense of entitlement. I have not not been harmed.

And I just can't see how taxing hard working Americans (who have done me no harm), justifiable.

To the contrary I enjoy some benefits. I, and my children, are exempt from ObamaCare, and
that is enough for me.

If you want an honest discussion, okay. Here's a workable reparation, easily implemented,
and quite beneficial....

An agreement to not tax Native American's income for a period of ten years. No income tax, and no
FICA. Not only would that be a wonderful benefit, but would not cost the American taxpayer a dime
out of pocket, and the ancillary benefit would be a probable rise in the employment of Native Americans.

edit on 7-5-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
That time has come and gone. I know from my people that this is not the way to peace and tranquility. Once the fighting stopped we feel it ended and we are one with the United States. It is a nice gesture to consider giving us the land. However, it wasn't ours to lose anyway. Spend time with your families and enjoy the wonders of life. The UN should focus on world peace and combating hunger. Not worry about a petty sentiment. Respect the land and cherish it my friends. GOD bless.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Of course the U.N will and is ignoring this,,

United Nations i have a suggestion,, stay in Europe,.
,when you have dealt with this issue,,

www.bloomberg.com...

South Korea Boosts Fight Against Infant Flesh-Pill Smuggling

Some things are just,,,?????serious?????

"allegedly made of human fetuses and the remains of dead infants"
unquote
allegedly,,,,i sure hope so if not,,,United Nations,,could you look into this first,,????

Humanity is #ed.

Me.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LAKOTAWINS
That time has come and gone. I know from my people that this is not the way to peace and tranquility. Once the fighting stopped we feel it ended and we are one with the United States. It is a nice gesture to consider giving us the land. However, it wasn't ours to lose anyway. Spend time with your families and enjoy the wonders of life. The UN should focus on world peace and combating hunger. Not worry about a petty sentiment. Respect the land and cherish it my friends. GOD bless.

BTW - Freedom is a fundamental human right and it does not belong to another to give.

Your sentiments are some what bizarre and misplaced. It is not up to you to freely give away the birthright of North American first peoples. There are also the rights of your progeny that has to be considered.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Giving away Lakota land never ended. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I wonder how many millions of square miles a picture is worth.

Map Legend:
Lakota Nation: Reserved by the 1868 Treaty for the unreserved use of the Lakota people (yellow)

1876: Lakota reservation after the US stole the Black Hills (orange)

Lakota reservations after 100 years of court actions (burgandy)

www.canku-luta.org...

edit on 7-5-2012 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

You are incorrect and misplaced. This Earth is not ours to give or freely take in either side. Now that the fighting is over we our all subject to its wonders and should enjoy them. Stop arguing with it and accept it is all I am saying.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hey, UN!!!!!!!
Maybe spend more time with your own issues, like Oil for Food, Mass Rapes, Child Prostitution and so on before you want to to flap your trap on everyone else.

Good hell.

Why can't we have a President with a backbone and bounce the U.seless Nations out of NYC and stop sending Billions to those thieves and clowns.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by neo96

Hey, UN!!!!!!!
Maybe spend more time with your own issues, like Oil for Food, Mass Rapes, Child Prostitution and so on before you want to to flap your trap on everyone else.

Good hell.

Why can't we have a President with a backbone and bounce the U.seless Nations out of NYC and stop sending Billions to those thieves and clowns.

The US created the UN so it would have a proxy by which it could bully around all those other colored peoples around the world, but it retained veto power so those other colored peoples couldn't gang up and use their creation to bully themselves around. But see, certain USians want to see Agenda 21 ushered into the US and other USians are strenuously objecting to it, so the US will use its own other colored peoples to get it done. Simple as that.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Just how much land are we talking about? Some could argue its ALL of the USA. I guess if we did, the unemployeed Native americans could just start charging all of us $10,000 per square foot to live on the land.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LAKOTAWINS

We are opposites; I think land is a possession and you don't. I think freedom cannot be possessed by others to give but you do.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MI5edtoDeath
reply to post by LAKOTAWINS

We are opposites; I think land is a possession and you don't. I think freedom cannot be possessed by others to give but you do.

"One does not sell the earth upon which people walk."
- Crazy Horse of the Oglala Sioux

Though I somewhat agree... this country should surrender better lands for Native Americans, many were stuck on some of the worst land in the country, can't thrive so much on that.
edit on 7-5-2012 by NoHierarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
So you think the Yanks invented the tank?:-

please quote me where I said that... or is it something you are trying to inject into the deliberation?

I said the American saved your butts on more than one occasion just as they have my forefathers and my grandparents... I possibly wouldn't exist at all if it was not fro the Americans.

gotta love em regardless... they're some bad mofos!

...of all races and creeds

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
100 years ago some people bought my great grandma's house and totally ripped her off and gave her next to nothing for the house. I want that house back.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Look. There is no way in H-E double hockey sticks anyone of us Americans are going to let anybody take any of our land for anything. The same applies to Israel. They had to win a war to get what was partitioned, and have since won many wars to hold onto their land. Like us, they have a right to hold what they've conquered. The age of conquest is over, and whoever's got what they've got gets to hold it or someone can try to come take it.

Edit - besides, they get reservations.

edit on 7-5-2012 by AnnunakiJihad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnnunakiJihad

yes, how nice of AMERICA to give reservations to the people who they forced off their land.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AnnunakiJihad

Scroll up a ways to the external image I posted that shows what the Lakota were given and what was then taken away. That's just one example that shows who the real Indian givers are.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join