It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Warfare: How does it work?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Okay, let us demonstrate for the viewing audience what spiritual warfare looks like, shall we? I will play the part of Satan (the accuser).

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, today I accuse the defendant, who goes by the moniker Iason321, of plagiarism. He/she denies such accusation. Let me remind you that it has been written:

Matt 5:25 Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are with him in the way; lest perhaps the prosecutor deliver you to the judge, and the judge deliver you to the officer, and you be cast into prison. 26 Most certainly I tell you, you shall by no means get out of there, until you have paid the last penny.
- WEB -

The accused has ignored these words of advice, presumably uttered by Jesus, sometimes called the Christ, and has instead chosen to deny and obfuscate, as evidenced by Exhibit A cited below:

Whoa whoa whoa back off now guy!

Plagiarism would involve me claiming the work as my own, when I did no such thing!

Notice also that even after my invitation to cite his/her source, he did not.
Exhibit B

my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; 19And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

21But that ye also may know my affairs, and how I do, Tychicus, a beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, shall make known to you all things: 22Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that ye might know our affairs, and that he might comfort your hearts.

23Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 24Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.
Ephesians 6: 10-24 KJV

You will notice that not only did the accused not cite the source, or put the quote in EXTERNAL box or QUOTE box, two devices readily available on ATS, but he didn't even utilize normal quotation marks.

The most damning evidence is this: the verse numbers have been removed from the quoted block of text, deliberately removing the evidence of the text being from another source.

I rest my case. The defendant may now make his defense.

edit on 5-5-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

My defense is simple -

You're trumping up false charges against me using scriptures you don't even believe in yourself.

You know, Satan tempted Jesus in the wilderness with scripture, and when Jesus was tried they made up a lot of false charges against Him also.....

Jussayin'

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

One more thing,

Plagiarism would be you asking me where I quoted that from, and me saying, "myself",

I would've happily quoted my source, if I felt it necessary or had someone asked,

Also, you're sitting on your butt on a computer connected to the internet in 2012.

How hard is it to copy+paste into your search engine and find out what verse it's from?

It's obviously a bible verse,

You're just arguing for arguments sake

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by pthena

One more thing,

Plagiarism would be you asking me where I quoted that from, and me saying, "myself",

I would've happily quoted my source, if I felt it necessary or had someone asked,

Also, you're sitting on your butt on a computer connected to the internet in 2012.

How hard is it to copy+paste into your search engine and find out what verse it's from?

It's obviously a bible verse,

You're just arguing for arguments sake

Why don't you use quote marks and cite chapter and verse as is customary? Not everybody on ATS has the Bible memorized like you.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

According to the bible new and old testaments there is the idea that the prince of this world (Satan) controls the lower heavens. In theses lower heavens there is a hierarchy of spirits (fallen angles) these fallen angles try to hinder the work of God read Daniel and the prince of Persia who keep the angle from getting to Daniel for I think 14 days. These angles are over geographical areas of the world cities and countries. The city aspect can be seen when Paul
19:24 For a certain man named Demetrius, a silversmith, which made silver shrines for Diana, brought no small gain unto the craftsmen;
19:25 Whom he called together with the workmen of like occupation, and said, Sirs, ye know that by this craft we have our wealth.
19:26 Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands:
19:27 So that not only this our craft is in danger to be set at nought; but also that the temple of the great goddess Diana should be despised, and her magnificence should be destroyed, whom all Asia and the world worshippeth.
This spirit of Diana had a hold on all of Asia and specify the city of Ephesus.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Exhibit C

You're trumping up false charges against me using scriptures you don't even believe in yourself.

You know, Satan tempted Jesus in the wilderness with scripture, and when Jesus was tried they made up a lot of false charges against Him also.....

Counter accusation and transference of guilt upon another.

Gen 3:12 The man said, “The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate.”
This is classic text book material here. I'm sure everyone who has taken the class has heard the saying, "Satan knows the scriptures better than you do."

Exhibit D
Still no citation of source.

compare with

You better quickly give credit for your source.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

LOL.

Idk why im bothering typing this

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
because Humans cannot perceive the mind of God... Humans can only see a part of God and understand God's supreme wisdom if God sends a messenger which uses Human communication skills.

here we have Mr Sagan explaining only like Sagan can to we flatlanders.
I love that Sagan video. I've watched it many times in the past. Pretty cool explanation.

But, this god has shown up to people before and spoken to them himself. Anyway, angels come from the same place he does and send the exact message that he would have brought himself. There's no difference really.
edit on 5-5-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

because Humans cannot perceive the mind of God... Humans can only see a part of God and understand God's supreme wisdom if God sends a messenger which uses Human communication skills.

here we have Mr Sagan explaining only like Sagan can to we flatlanders.
I love that Sagan video. I've watched it many times in the past. Pretty cool explanation.

But, this god has shown up to people before and spoken to them himself. Anyway, angels come from the same place he does and send the exact message that he would have brought himself. There's no difference really.

I agree in a similar perspective... I like Sagan so much because it is all actually the same question... Science can be used to explain and question the existence of God, it is actually what it is all about and how it has come about. We are looking for the god particle afterall.

www.godandscience.org...

most naysayers can't touch the content of that website...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Science can be used to explain and question the existence of God, it is actually what it is all about and how it has come about. We are looking for the god particle afterall.
Hmmm, you know that's not what they mean by it, right?

www.godandscience.org...

most naysayers can't touch the content of that website...
You may be right, most, like me, probably can't. But, there are some, those who understand that stuff, can.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
Hmmm, you know that's not what they mean by it, right?

meaning what they will so be it... they choose to call something right up the believers alley... which speaks volumes on its own

science too along with mathematics is limited by spoken language, their is no emotion or feeling in numbers without the spoken word which expresses it.

edit on 5-5-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

meaning what they will so be it... they choose to call something right up the believers alley... which speaks volumes on its own
Actually, believers don't like that because scientists are saying that if this particle exists, then god isn't necessary.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

what if they do actually find it

it could mean certain doom for us all? but I still think it will explain very little about consciousness.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

We really don't know... I ponder that we could have gotten the same treatment as Shiek Mohammad the alleged master planner of 911 who was waterboarded about 170 times....

after the first days of this the military used "sonic advertising" to get into his brain with outside voice beamed into his skull saying it was Allah and it was ok to tell what he knew.

Really could this be some of the same type psyops used on humans with their advanced technology?

edit on 5-5-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: spelling

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

but I still think it will explain very little about consciousness.
A function of our brain? When you are under anesthesia, where is your consciousness?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

For there to be anything there must be something...& that something is everything.
I believe thats the reason "god" or the people doesnt help, because the people have been blinded by survival.

I dont know how far it all goes i wish i did, but know that there is a war going on up there...(space i mean) look into some videos from industrial streagth night vision goggles ( which are illegal) for some wild reason...were not supposed to see through the dark they wish to keep us here for one reason and one reason only, total control because knowlage as we all know is power, & its scary to think what we are fighting at all is it because our society is too scared to lose domination over the people & lets be honest if E.Ts came down for a visit our entire culture and social unlogical rule was overthrown there would be no take backs once the cat was out the hat u get me? but i believe there are a few possibilities.. i just hope whatever the reason were fighting its not for mans sinful gain...the people up top dont appreciate how complex the universe is they believe they are the rulers and i genuinly believe this war is being waged as we speak, the question isnt how...its why? & i hope that these other beings do not get sick of how greedy and ego centric man is...because if they do we are in trouble, we may have to deal with all the bull our government sells us but just imagin how many would be so easily minipulted into thinking that an extra terrestrial race was "invading" when they were only trying to visit.

How can u visit a race that kills each other at an incredible rate everyday...i know i would be cautious...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

Really? you believe all of this stuff? Is this a joke? What proof do you have that any of this is even remotely logical?

I cant believe such and intelligent person could accept such idiotic drivel. Although ive had this theory that the mind protects suicidal people by making them believe things that help them cope. please prove me wrong by not killing yourself when religion is know for the garbage it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join