It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Warfare: How does it work?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Having never experienced anything supernatural like angels or "spirits"... Im forced to believe spiritual warfare is the internal struggle within each person to do what is right... which begs the question, "well what is right?"

this also extends to convincing others that your "right" is THE right...

Gnostic scripture suggests there is a struggle between the flesh and the spirit... And even goes so far as to say the flesh is "evil"...

Though i tend to disagree with the idea that angels and spirits actually battle in any way... Or even that angels and demons are always around toying with you...

IF one ever decides to show his face around me, i'll have to rethink this whole idea. For now im not convinced angels or demons exist at all...

Though i can't deny the possiblity

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I suspect the concept of angels (and demons) came from Babylon, so we need to look to Babylonian religion to understand spiritual warefare between angels better. In the older books of the Bible it seems like the "angel of Lord" usually comes with one purpose - to kill indiscriminately - more like superstition surrounding a famine or plague. Then the newer books have named angels with specific responsibilities other than killing people.

That's just my opinion; I'm not a Bible expert.
edit on 4-5-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
I said God in his uniqueness can kill you. God is one and he exists in his uniqueness in Heaven. The burning bush was merely a manifestation of his essence to Moses.
Hmmm, this god is omnipotent, but isn't powerful enough to keep people from dying by appearing to them? That doesn't seem omnipotent to me.

When you die, resurrect and are judged you will see the face of God
If I am resurrected and I see the face of god, won't that kill me?

Because it's like trying to squeeze the apple (God) into a grape (universe). To prevent this God sends angels or makes less catastrophic appearances.
This is so amazing to me. God, in his omnipotence, can't keep from destroying things. That's just hilarious to me. How in the world did he create the earth without destroying it? How did he talk with Adam and Eve without killing them. I don't get it.

Humans and animals are incomparable. Humans are the only sentient species on the planet, and we have spirits. The angels weren't concerned with animals.
We are animals! Our brains just developed differently than the other animals'. Again, why didn't the angels become men AND women. Then, they mate with each other, produce their own offspring and grow their numbers? That makes a lot more sense than transforming into some inferior being and mating with them, lmao.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
And ask yourself why He created women to have an orgasm.
I thought that was only a rumor....

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
The demons then flee, but if you don't clean up your act they will return with seven more.
Seven more huh? What if they can't find a seventh buddy? They wait for one to show up, then they're like, "Ok, we got seven, let's rock!"

edit on 4-5-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
Let us fight on then, in the World, and for the World.
Avengers Assemble!

Sorry, I just got back from watching that movie, and it was awesome.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Did anybody explain the deal with the heavenly angel who brought the message to Daniel, but was held up for 21 days by the Prince of Persia (and by days, I guess he meant earth days?) Then Michael had to show up and help him out because he couldn't overcome the Prince of Persia on his own....even though he has the creator of the universe on his side. What is that all about? Does god not participate in the struggles for some reason?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Avengers Assemble!

Which movie? My granddaughter watches episodes on Netflix, and there's a couple of feature length animated movies too. Sometimes I watch them too. I hear the themesong playing downstairs right now!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Whoops double tap on the mouse
edit on 4-5-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Avengers Assemble!

Which movie? My granddaughter watches episodes on Netflix, and there's a couple of feature length animated movies too. Sometimes I watch them too. I hear the themesong playing downstairs right now!
I was talking about the new Avengers movie that came out today. It is pretty freaking awesome.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Whoops double tap on the mouse
Sounds like something I did earlier.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I didn't know there was a new movie out.

On this question:

Did anybody explain the deal with the heavenly angel who brought the message to Daniel, but was held up for 21 days by the Prince of Persia (and by days, I guess he meant earth days?) Then Michael had to show up and help him out because he couldn't overcome the Prince of Persia on his own....even though he has the creator of the universe on his side. What is that all about? Does god not participate in the struggles for some reason?

It's a way of telling a story, wherein the teller's tribe comes out on top. The last verse identifies Michael as "your prince", as in prince of Judea. By fighting, the prince of Judea gains ascendancy over the prince of Persia, to convince the mightiest empire in the World to serve the interests of Judea, a mere province.

Nothing really glorious came of the return from exile under Cyrus' decree(even though it happened in "Bible Times"). We really can't expect anything good to come out the current so-called Jewish State of Israel. If it couldn't get pulled off properly in "Bible Time", it ain't going to happen in real-time either. IMHO

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
And ask yourself why He created women to have an orgasm.
I thought that was only a rumor....

Oh... um, sorry my friend, forget you heard that. Ummm, just me talkin crazy again.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Yip, according to Spiritual Warfare seven more demons will return if exorcised people continue to be naughty, and these demons are even more wicked than the first. First the demon goes through dry places, and then it wants to come back with seven buddies (a bit like illegal immigration).

This pearl of wisdom can be found in Luke 11:24-26.
So, after you burnt your rock and Kylie records you were free, and heaven forbid you should go out and buy another rock record. It kept one paranoid and on the straight and narrow, at least for a while.

The whole thing was really a form of neo-colonialism to spread American WASP (White Anglo-Saxon Protestant) culture. Because spiritual warfare taught that demons could be inherited across generations, those from none WASP cultures had to break the "ancestral curses" with specific prayers (often appended in the books) that sometimes rattled on for ages and listed every imaginable occult practice, sin and organization the spiritual warfare cult disapproved of (including rival Christian sects and Masonic organizations). Native American reservations were considered "cursed ground" by Brown, and she wrote similar racist drivel on African Americans.

After you've broken all these curses you must watch yourself, because just reading the daily astrology column in the newspaper will give Satan the right to tattle-tale to God, and in his fairness God must allow the demons to return with 7 buddies, and the whole process has to be repeated, because it becomes very difficult for Jesus to keep a bunk-bed in your heart if there's a whole lot of other trash living there.
edit on 5-5-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

First, why does God exactly send messengers instead of simply delivering the message himself?

because Humans cannot perceive the mind of God... Humans can only see a part of God and understand God's supreme wisdom if God sends a messenger which uses Human communication skills.

here we have Mr Sagan explaining only like Sagan can to we flatlanders.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

But that ye also may know my affairs, and how I do, Tychicus, a beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, shall make known to you all things:

Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that ye might know our affairs, and that he might comfort your hearts.

Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Let us fight on then, in the World, and for the World.

I think a good word that everyone should familiarize themselves with is acquiescence.

Passive assent or agreement without protest.
www.thefreedictionary.com...
By not speaking out against evil, we are approving of it.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
By not speaking out against evil, we are approving of it.

I for one agree with that... as it is stated in the Bible too, though I can't remember exactly where I read it.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Did you just plagiarize Pseudo-Paul? You better quickly give credit for your source.

Otherwise: Give us the link to the Tychicus Facebook page or blog, since he's the person who can explain this to us.

Tychicus, a beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, shall make known to you all things:

edit on 5-5-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Whoa whoa whoa back off now guy!

Plagiarism would involve me claiming the work as my own, when I did no such thing!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join