It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has God ever really answered your prayers ?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
May i apologize for breaking the rules

SORRY

xx

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Has God ever answered your prayers?As an Aethiest....NO.............i dont pray to any god.but would be interesting to know what questions have been answered?by those who believe of course.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianOrion
Do I really now have to revert to WPT (Poker) to find a challenge?

I suppose, because the only challenge I see here is your mental one.

There are no others when debating a theist.
You can not teach rationality to an irrational mind.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
this feels like a troll thread to generate stars for everybody EXCEPT the OP lol

I'll just chime in some generic drivel about how god is great and how all powerful he is and the rest of the jesus sheep will hail stars on my comment too. wheeeeee. Just look at the first page.

So much back slapping its funny.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
God answers every prayer. Some times the answer is no.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

YES GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS

THE END

Please give a clear example on how Jesus answered your prayers. That is what this topic is about. Your answer may lead to a constructive conversation.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
And so moan the smug Atheist crowd. And so moan the jaded ex-Christians claiming their "prayers were never answered." I've had it with this "whoa is me" generation, constantly identifying with their own egos and wallowing in their self-pity. Suck it up people. Whether you believe in God or not, amazing things happen every single day - who or what caused it doesn't change the fact that it happens. People think different ways. Not everyone is some purpose driven life cloud riding Christian, and not everyone is some cynical know-it-all Atheist. Either way, who cares?

Again, prayer isn't some kind of charity by God, it isn't Christmas morning. Christian or not, most people have such a warped view on prayer.
edit on 4-5-2012 by LiberLegit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

reply to post by robhines

Think I failed...

In my delirium... and one handed (L rather than R) I proceeded to call a lot of folk who ALL deducted that I was drunk... despite telling EVERY one of them i had broken my shoulder...

Tested?

THEY... were tested :p

Yeah have been there myself. I'm not Christian by the way, I just think what we call "God/Goddess" is the same thing at the source of all religions and philosophies.

And yeah, I've failed many times too whilst being tested. The fact that I'm still here and given the chance to try again helps me understand.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Ask me again in November if the current Potus is still there

Then no they weren't answered.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Yes, numerous times. Every time.

One time in particular I argued my case to an angel such was my anguish and such was my frustration. I was told that God was not happy with my life to date but what I asked would be done. And it was almost immediately. But as always in life be careful of what you ask for.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

Originally posted by tyranny22Try being a bit more positive in your attitude. Do good. And believe me ... you'll get what you deserve.

Try telling that to the child born with cancer, who knows only suffering. Then tell it to her poor family.

There is no true justice in this world, I'm afraid, because there is no cosmic justice enforcer.

Let me just say this:

Don't confuse justice with equality.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollumi

So if i asked for one million dollars will it just plop right infront of me just because i asked for it? Of course not. When people say that God answers their prayers, the prayers that are supposedly answered are all theoretically possible. But if an amputee prayed for his legs to grow back that wouldnt happen because things like that are not in the real of possibility. Praying is fundamentally flawed.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Zeer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
the logic of this thread topic is flawed on so many levels im not surprised its getting so much attention. I have noticed a trend on ATS where the stupidest threads get the most activity. I wonder what thats about?

Anyway im just the messenger im not here to add or take away from the topic at hand.

If you people are going to keep debating a pointless topic like has god answered your prayers what you first need to do is set a criteria for what you each thing GOD is.

Half of you are running around half cocked ready to lay waste to all non believers you havent stopped to think about which god the posters are talking about. FIRST agree on one god then argue if it has answered your prayers.

Why do I bother with logic on here? GOD only knows

edit on 4-5-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This is a true story.

I used to work at a venue that catered weddings. I've been to huge numbers of weddings. I worked there for over a dozen years. I was a security guard. I was the old duffer at the door, no might, no fight, all bluff and diplomacy stuff. I was good at my job. Most of the time it was boring.

One night as I was at my post at the entry to the building a young man came up to the door, all out of breath. His car had broken down. I could see no car. It was up the block. He said he needed twenty-dollars for gas and was in a big rush because he had to get somewhere important. I don't remember all the details, but it was a convincing story.

I don't usually fall for this sort of thing. I've heard a lot of convincing lies in my time. However, a combination of things, our out of the way location, his apparent sincerity, his youth, his promise to come back to repay me, combined to make me seriously consider giving him the . . . twenty dollars (!!!).

Maybe it was the amount too. Twenty dollars for me is a lot of money.

I gave him the money and off he went. I thought to myself at the time, "There is a good chance that I will never see this money again, but I would rather err on the side of compassion than refuse someone who was truly in need."

Five minutes later the father of the bride came up to me and gave me twenty dollars. (I never got tips at this place. In over a dozen years, I was probably tipped four times.)

I never saw the young man again.

Something was at work that night. What, I don't know. There were no prayers involved, on my part, but maybe somebody was praying for that young man or maybe that young man was praying for himself or for me.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianOrion

Yes I am comparing Santa to god. Both were invented to make people stay in line, Santa more for children. Think of Santa like a beta test for believing in god.

Both are complete BS, but at least Santa has somewhat 'tangible' evidence, you can 'see' that he came in the night while you were sleeping by the eaten cookies, drank milk and the presents under the tree that say: From: Santa...like in the bible where it says god did it...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

Yes.

second line

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join